Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Team is
    Butland Lindegard
    Bellerin nyom wollscied dann Simpson
    Walcott Ozil Mahrez Ali Henderson
    Lukaku Kane Ighalo
    I've 1 ft and 7.1 mill in the bank

Defo shipping out hendo too arnie or shaqiri. I am mindful of having 3 Arsenal and 3 stoke. Looking at Lindegard too Myhill or Hennessy so I can rotate keepers and don't plan on keeping Walcott long term either

Any advice lads?

Any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Any feedback?

Id shift Henderson as a priority as he hasnt travelled with the squad this gw (see injuries thread).

Silva/KDB arw options, KDB is capable of racking decent scores at home and well worth sticking with imo.

dahat wrote: »
    Id shift Henderson as a priority as he hasnt travelled with the squad this gw (see injuries thread).

Silva/KDB arw options, KDB is capable of racking decent scores at home and well worth sticking with imo.

Would ya go KDB over stokealona players? What about hendo and Walcott out for KDB and stoke?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,682 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Would ya go KDB over stokealona players? What about hendo and Walcott out for KDB and stoke?

Id hold Walcott for tbis gw, if he os ever going to deliver its this gw.

Hendo to Arnie is the move though there is some chat about hamstring knock and possible rest for Carling Cup semi final.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Coutinho dropping again tonight. I was going to bench him for this weekend so I might as well transfer him out now. Either Payet or Arnie are my main options. Given my luck, if I get Payet, he'll get an injury recurrence, and if I get Arnie, his hamstring will give trouble! Doomed if I do or don't! At least if I pick Arnie I'll take all of us down together!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

Will either roll over my transfer and play Fletcher as my 4th midfielder or dump Henderson and get in Walcott for a very short-term punt (as I'll be getting in Payet in the next couple of gameweeks anyway).

Theo'd have to get 5/6 points for it to break-even, but I fancy having a New Year flutter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Current team:
    Cech - Hennessey
    Koscielny-Toby A-Clyne-Kolarov-Wollscheild
    Ozil-KDB-Mahrez-Countiho-Watson
    Lukaku-Ighalo-Vardy

Have 2 FTs and .7m in the bank.
    Thinking the time has come to swap out Countinho, still hasnt come good under Klopp, considering Shaqiri, Erikkson, Willian or Alli as replacements , any advice?

Tempted also to get rid of Vardy as I think Leicester are going to start dropping off soon

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dempsey wrote: »
    Chesty08 wrote: »
    I just took Kolarov out (last GW)

Not getting back in anytime soon.

Why?

They don't look like keeping cleanie' with Kompany out.

Attacking threat has faded.

dahat wrote: »
    Id hold Walcott for tbis gw, if he os ever going to deliver its this gw.

Hendo to Arnie is the move though there is some chat about hamstring knock and possible rest for Carling Cup semi final.

Well I could also shaquiri aswell as he's nearly as big of threat for them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

They kept one on Tuesday. Kolorov still the best option for attacking returns from a defender. On lots of free kicks too.

• Advertisement

Just took out Rambo for Theo.

Too much peer pressure in here! :P

West ham look like they have some decent games coming out up. Thinking of bringing in a defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Silva in for Coutinho

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

I'd play Kolorov this week if you have him guys. Watford defend very deep when they don't have the ball, and it allows the full backs to push on. Trippier had an impressive game against them, and got a lot of the ball too. Moreno was the same! I'd say he has a decent chance at an assist.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I'd agree with ya but he's one of the best scoring defenders. Its just you cant predict when he's going to score but he does so he's the type of player you stick in and take the good with the bad.

The alternative is use FT's jumping from defender bangwagon to bandwagon but I find that the attacking lines use that alot so I'm happy to stick with defenders like him and Bellerin so that I can use the FT on something else.

The big clubs will get back to keeping clean sheets slowly but surely, its the business end of the season now.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Which 2 should I play from Sagna, Moreno, Zouma, Alderweireld?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is benching KDB mad in favour of the Stoke lad in form?

Also in case anyone has Swansea lads - just seen them sitting in the hote bar - no early to bed for them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Ace2007 wrote: »

Also in case anyone has Swansea lads - just seen them sitting in the hote bar - no early to bed for them ha

Not the worst idea. Kdb doesn't perform away from home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭scopper

Long time player here and for some reason never dropped by here. I have the usual team (you know the one) with Ageuro as my 'plan' to keep people drawn to flashes of form in check. Always a tense tactic. I'm feeling a little off on Vardy.

I have 2 transfers and have had for a couple of weeks now. Last change I made was just a fifth defender move.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Which 2 should I play from Sagna, Moreno, Zouma, Alderweireld?

Sagna, Alder.

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »

Maybe, but be prepared to switch them back. KDB is a more consistent prospect. Arnie could very well quieten down out of nowhere. If any of the trio are injured that run will be gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dempsey wrote: »

I'd agree with ya but he's one of the best scoring defenders. Its just you cant predict when he's going to score but he does so he's the type of player you stick in and take the good with the bad.

The alternative is use FT's jumping from defender bangwagon to bandwagon but I find that the attacking lines use that alot so I'm happy to stick with defenders like him and Bellerin so that I can use the FT on something else.

The big clubs will get back to keeping clean sheets slowly but surely, its the business end of the season now.

Will replace Vert & Berty in coming weeks and will look to get a high hitting defender in coming weeks.

Have done Rambo to Walcott (c)

Big risk. But a risk worth taking given my current situation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I have 2 transfers and literally don't think I need/want to make a transfer!! Any thoughts on possible transfers or starting XI?

Butland
    Kolarov Bellerin Alder
    Ozil Walcott Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Kane
    (Hennessey, Barkley, Dawson, Simpson)

Thoughts greatly appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I have 2 transfers and literally don't think I need/want to make a transfer!! Any thoughts on possible transfers or starting XI?

Butland
    Kolarov Bellerin Alder
    Ozil Walcott Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

I hope you have a good week I have 9 out of 10 outfield players that you have, only Moreno for Bellerin. What are you thinking about the (C) ? It's a tough one, I could justify Vardy, Mahrez, Luk, Ozil or Walcott!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

scopper wrote: »
    Sagna, Alder.

That's thrown me. I would have went Moreno and Zouma...

I'm worried of the threat of Ighalo and Lukaku.

Has the odds thread been updated?

I hope you have a good week I have 9 out of 10 outfield players that you have, only Moreno for Bellerin. What are you thinking about the (C) ? It's a tough one, I could justify Vardy, Mahrez, Luk, Ozil or Walcott!

Gonna go with Ozil. If he gets a big score and I don't have him captained it'll hurt a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Butland
    Kolarov Bellerin Alder
    Ozil Walcott Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

You see, the problem now compared to the early weeks of the season is that we all have nearly the same team.

I have your team bar vardy and kane to my ighalo and aguero. I have barkley as my first sub also.

You have 2 FTs this week which means you'll lose 1 if you dont use it. I'd be looking at a 1 week punt in your case as a differential - maybe borini at home to villa, maybe mane - he's definitely due one, his stats from last few weeks say so.

The point being, people need to start being creative or they wont make any ground.

Pull your balls out and see what happens.

LeaveitOff wrote: »
    You see, the problem now compared to the early weeks of the season is that we all have nearly the same team.

I have your team bar vardy and kane to my ighalo and aguero. I have barkley as my first sub also.

You have 2 FTs this week which means you'll lose 1 if you dont use it. I'd be looking at a 1 week punt in your case as a differential - maybe borini at home to villa, maybe mane - he's definitely due one, his stats from last few weeks say so.

The point being, people need to start being creative or they wont make any ground.

Pull your balls out and see what happens.
    Yeah but I've made money on a lot of the players. Not a chance of me selling any of my strikers. Walcott is punty enough for me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Butland
    Kolarov Bellerin Alder
    Ozil Walcott Mahrez KDB
    Vardy Lukaku Kane

I'd start Dawson over alder and I'd consider starting Simpson over kolorav. I'd sell barkley for a cheapie so as not to lose a transfer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭LeaveitOff

Yeah but I've made money on a lot of the players. Not a chance of me selling any of my strikers. Walcott is punty enough for me :P

i'd take the money i made on vardy and run. I can't see the Leicester wheels keep on rolling.

Advertisement