Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

On recent form, Ozil is a must. Unplayable yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

I think Sanchez has been terribly unlucky not to have amassed a much greater score. How many times did he hit the woodwork in the 1st few gameweeks. I agree that Ozil has been a better option so far, and it would be hard to justify potentially dropping him for Sanchez given his form. It's just that that form can't last forever. Ozils assist rate is like that of Fabregas last season, before it dropped away off in the post-Christmas period. I think its just a situation to keep an eye on. Sanchez is a bit of a live-wire and is one of the few players capable of getting outrageous scores.

I'll second Lemlins suggestion too. A WBA double up doesn't seem like a bad idea. With Kompany missing, cleansheets are a lot harder to come by for city.

I'd be a fan of consistency over explosiveness, offers better protection against captaincy fails for which I'm a magnet to! :pac:

I wouldnt relate Fabregas last season to Ozil this year. Ozils career assist rates have been stellar barring his first 2 seasons at Arsenal, where Fabregas's has always been patchy. I'd be of the belief that Ozil has finally adjusted to the demands of the EPL.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Dempsey wrote: »
    I'd be a fan of consistency over explosiveness, offers better protection against captaincy fails for which I'm a magnet to! :pac:

I wouldnt relate Fabregas last season to Ozil this year. Ozils career assist rates have been stellar barring his first 2 seasons at Arsenal, where Fabregas's has always been patchy. I'd be of the belief that Ozil has finally adjusted to the demands of the EPL.

Few if any players will be consistent over the course of a whole season. Form will wax and wane depending on fitness/injuries, fixture congestion etc. While I agree that consistency is a key facet of doing well in this game, having one or two explosive players that can occasionally go mad only adds to the enjoyment factor (for me anyway).

Most other seasons players like Aguero, Sanchez or Hazard would be the first names down any team sheet. This year is an anomaly in that pretty much all the premium players have underperformed. Still, they are not priced as high as they are for nothing, and on their day can do a lot of damage. I expect they will come good soon. It's just a matter of judging when.

Which reminds me, I seem to have overlooked Hazard. He went on a couple of mazy runs yesterday beating several players. It didn't result in anything but if he can keep improving under Hiddink, he might be another one worth considering in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Most other seasons players like Aguero, Sanchez or Hazard would be the first names down any team sheet. This year is an anomaly in that pretty much all the premium players have underperformed.

this point cannot be understated.

next season is going to be fascinating. either this season becomes the new normal for seasons to come, or it goes back to 'normal' and some FPL managers who've done extraordinarily well this season get a culture shock. it might be their turn to adapt.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Aguero is a must have if he can stay fit. He's the best striker in the league and it's only the injuries that hold him back. We all have our 'Aguero Plan' for a reason :) This is where we could catch out the casuals.

With Sanchez, I'm not sold. I have Ozil and won't swap him out unless he gets injured. He won't get as many 20 pointers as Sanchez but he won't get as many 2 pointers either. If both were fit I would back Ozil to out score Sanchez over the 19 remaining GWs. However, with 4/5 weeks to go and chasing a ML title It might be worth gambling on Sanchez hitting one of his purple patches, but as a long term option I'm sticking with Ozil.

As for Hazard, as that awful Frozen song goes (I gave small kids!)...let it go! He has done absolutely nothing for a full half season now. How much more evidence is needed?? He isn't even on penalties anymore by the looks of it. Far, far better options out there, even on his own team.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,665 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Vardy still looks full of pep and I may have to do Aguero to Vardy given the fixture they have next.

A total blocker transfer for one week only if I go ahead with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Have:

kdB, Mahrez, Ozil, Del boy, Stanislas
    Giroud, Aguero, Lukaku

Want: Arnautovic

Del Boy is nice differential and is on good form, not guaranteed to start though, i can do Stanislas instead, but then have a strong 8, which i don't like, as i wouldn't have a clue who to drop and more than likely would pick the wrong option.

Have 2.4m in bank

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

I'll second Lemlins suggestion too. A WBA double up doesn't seem like a bad idea. With Kompany missing, cleansheets are a lot harder to come by for city.

I'm strongly considering a Norwich defence double up.

Still stuck with Alex McCarthy, and could do a straight swap with Rudd for a sub goalie.

Have Ryan Bennett already as my 5th def, done the goods for me yesterday with 5 points.

7.8 for 2 players currently starting can't be beaten for value, not that anyone is really short of funds.

Was all set to finally get rid of Micah Richards but his status change has given him another stay of execution.

Aguero is getting one more week for me I think if he doesn't start producing he'll have to go for Vardy or Ighalo.

Walcott to Payet,
    Moreno to ANYONE
    and
    KDB to Silva are also pencilled in for next few weeks.

Anyone suggest any more pressing changes to this:

Hennessy-McCarthy

Bennett-Simpson-Dier-Moreno-Richards

Walcott-Ozil-KDB-Mahrez-Alli

Aguero-Kane-Lukaku

shineon23 wrote: »

Aguero is getting one more week for me I think if he doesn't start producing he'll have to go for Vardy or Ighalo.

I think you have to give him more than 1 more GW, city and esp Aguero haven't performed away from home really, Aguero has no returns (goals/assists) in 330+ mins away from home this season, and next game is away as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Madness! :eek:

Butland, De Gea, Cech, Myhill are all solid choices. You should have one of those imo

Get rid of Micah Richards, Villa are terrible and there is no end in sight to the batterings that they will get this season, never mind predicting when Richards could actually score you anything more than a zero, its that bleak for him.

Just dont go doubling up on Norwich defenders! :pac:

Your midfield and attack are fine at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Don't do it. The only legitimate reason is when Mickey T returns from loan to play up front in homage to Gary Doherty.

Seriously though, there's talk of a keeper being brought in (plus Rudd is probably a bad game from opening the door for Ruddy again after the kick up the arse). Along with a CB. Plus Steven Naismith which has more legs to it than most rumours while we're onto potential transfers.

Interesting dilemma for me this week...

Myhill (+.3) Hennessey (+.1)
    Smalling (+.3) Nyom (+0) Dann (+.3) Wollscheid (+.2) Monreal (+.3)
    Mahrez (+1.5) KDB (+.5) Ramsey (+.2) Arnie (+.2) Ozil (+1.1)
    Vardy (+.6) Kane (+.4) Lukaku (+.8)

Don't want to lose too much value, so I'm looking at shipping out Nyom, or do a sidewards transfer of Rambo to Walcott.

I'll only get rid of Vahrez, Ozil or Lukaku if there's a huge change in fortunes or injury.

Regarding KDB and Kane, I'm still not sold. Nowhere near reliable enough for cptn material imo.

Just got Arnie in, so I'll hang on to him while I can.

Still stuck with Alex McCarthy, and could do a straight swap with Rudd for a sub goalie.

Have Ryan Bennett already as my 5th def, done the goods for me yesterday with 5 points.

7.8 for 2 players currently starting can't be beaten for value, not that anyone is really short of funds.

Was all set to finally get rid of Micah Richards but his status change has given him another stay of execution.

Walcott to Payet,
    Moreno to ANYONE
    and
    KDB to Silva are also pencilled in for next few weeks.

Anyone suggest any more pressing changes to this:

Hennessy-McCarthy

Bennett-Simpson-Dier-Moreno-Richards

Walcott-Ozil-KDB-Mahrez-Alli

Aguero-Kane-Lukaku

I'd definitely ship Richards. Smith for Bournemouth if money's tight. Wollscheid if it's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Have:

kdB, Mahrez, Ozil, Del boy, Stanislas
    Giroud, Aguero, Lukaku

Want: Arnautovic

Del Boy is nice differential and is on good form, not guaranteed to start though, i can do Stanislas instead, but then have a strong 8, which i don't like, as i wouldn't have a clue who to drop and more than likely would pick the wrong option.

Have 2.4m in bank
    I would hold on transferring out Deulofeu until next week anyways. Arnie's got West Brom away which could go one way or another, but most likely the Pulis way! I might be doing Deulofeu to Arnautovic next week myself. I believe in the freight, and that, if you shrewdly pick seven of the 8 players and do this for a long period of time, you will gain more points than in a normal 7 player attack. So maybe getting him for Stanislas might be a good option, especially since he's a rotation player now.

I think Arnautovic would be a short term punt, so it wouldn't really matter hugely if you miss out on another price rise between now and after GW20.

sold De Gea to get Hennessy so wont be getting him back in.

Probably should have made it clear I would never really be playing Rudd. Ive never played McCarthy and happy enough to go on with Hennessy for a while. Palace are solid, in 5th and could hold most teams goaless.

trying to squeeze in an arsenal defender (maybe cech eventually) and jonny evans, am short at the minute.

I am just sick of aguero blanking for me in every match except his 5 goals against newcastle as someone pointed out the example of Ighalo's 58 point haul since Aguero last scored against Liverpool is really making him tough for me to hold on to.

micah richards definitely needs to go but what i was thinking was: he's playing sunderland next and if i hold him until after walcott plays newcastle. i can downgrade walcott to payet and upgrade richards to a premium defender.

Aguero to Vardy/Ighalo/Giroud at any stage would mean Id have the pick of almost anyone in other positions

No offence to anyone here, but I don't understand the logic of keeping Aguero at all.
    Even if he gets a hattrick in the next game and people miss out, look at how many points Aguero has cost people this year by not freeing up the cash while other strikers (4 in particular) have done pretty well.

I won't even think of getting him in unless he scores well over 2/3 gw's.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

No offence to anyone here, but I don't understand the logic of keeping Aguero at all.
    Even if he gets a hattrick in the next game and people miss out, look at how many points Aguero has cost people this year by not freeing up the cash while other strikers (4 in particular) have done pretty well.

I won't even think of getting him in unless he scores well over 2/3 gw's.

He got us 5 goals in gw 8 after many of us captained him through a string of blanks :P

stephenl15 wrote:
    He got us 5 goals in gw 8 after many of us captained him through a string of blanks

If captaining Aguero is wrong,
    I'm not sure I want to be right anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

If captaining Aguero is wrong,
    I'm not sure I want to be right anymore.

It was his first game coming back from injury, away to Leicester.

We all remember those 25 points, but other players are also providing.

I don't think it is right time to "always captain Aguero".

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Arnautovic in, Barkley out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Interesting dilemma for me this week...

Myhill (+.3) Hennessey (+.1)
    Smalling (+.3) Nyom (+0) Dann (+.3) Wollscheid (+.2) Monreal (+.3)
    Mahrez (+1.5) KDB (+.5) Ramsey (+.2) Arnie (+.2) Ozil (+1.1)
    Vardy (+.6) Kane (+.4) Lukaku (+.8)

Don't want to lose too much value, so I'm looking at shipping out Nyom, or do a sidewards transfer of Rambo to Walcott.

I'll only get rid of Vahrez, Ozil or Lukaku if there's a huge change in fortunes or injury.

Regarding KDB and Kane, I'm still not sold. Nowhere near reliable enough for cptn material imo.

Just got Arnie in, so I'll hang on to him while I can.

Hold Ramsey this week and Payet week after?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

ShaneU wrote: »
    Arnautovic in, Barkley out

Just did the exact same transfer.

I am just sick of aguero blanking for me in every match except his 5 goals against newcastle as someone pointed out the example of Ighalo's 58 point haul since Aguero last scored against Liverpool is really making him tough for me to hold on to.

Why would you hold onto him when he was injured? assuming you did then it implies you played with 5 in midfield and probably scored well because of this which reduces the "missed out on 58 point" arguement.

If he had of bagged a hatrick yesterday I would have gained 30 points on folk who are ahead of me - which imo is worth the risk.

While we may be only halfway through a season those who are say 100 points ahead have pretty much template teams but may find it hard to fit aguero in straight away so in theory we could get 2/3 week head start.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Just did the exact same transfer.

As did i

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Rikand wrote: »
    As did i

And me :-)

He won't be a differential for long at this rate....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Arseblog News did learn that Debuchy was due to start the game against Bournemouth on Monday only to be replaced in the starting lineup at the last minute by Bellerin. The Frenchman was an unused substitute.
    http://news.arseblog.com/2015/12/wenger-debuchy-exit-not-impossible/
    Arsene Wenger says he’ll rotate his squad for Saturday’s game with Newcastle United.

Confirming that, “everybody who was in the squad against Bournemouth should be available,” the boss added that Mathieu Flamini, who missed the 2-0 win over Bournemouth on Monday, also has a chance to return.

There was also an update on Alexis Sanchez, absent since limping off in the 1-1 draw with Norwich at the end of November with the Chilean likely to be back for the FA Cup game with Sunderland on 9 January.

Arsenal have only lost one of their last 20 games with Newcastle in all competitions, a record stretching back to December 2005.
    http://news.arseblog.com/2015/12/wenger-reveals-team-news-for-newcastle/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Do you get another wildcard in new year?

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JJTippBhoy

Arnautovic in, Alli out
    Butland in Howard out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

A lot doing the Arnie In Barks Out transfer.

With Barks home to Spurs, Everton scoring a plenty at home - McCarthy & Cleverly both injured I think I might just give Barks one more week.

My attack is

Barks Ozil KDB Rambo (Stanislas)

Lukaku Ighalo Kane.

Only other attacking options I have is Arnie for Stanislas (use up Aguero funds) & bench KDB
    Or
    Rambo to Walcott.

Is there an attacking option I'm missing?

Defensively I'm v.poor do I invest here..

DDG (myhill)

Simpson Ward Bellerin (Vert) (Berty)

Fancy a Utd cleanie over West Brom so do I transfer out of form Berty out for a WBA defender & play him over Ward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might do Bellerin to Williams a week earlier than I'd intended now that he might be rested.

Advertisement