Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 20 Transfers.

Options
  • 28-12-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,131 ✭✭✭

Might move Cech or Bellerin out, didn't confirm transfers in wildcard before deadline.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Thinking of getting rid of Bellerin myself for either a Stoke or WBA defender. Already have Butland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Why on earth with you get rid of an Arsenal defender when they're at home to Newcastle? It's one of the best fixtures of the season! :confused:

I continue to have 2 FTs and unsure what to do. Stoke and Palace defenders are needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Might bring in Arnie for his next two. That's about it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

2 transfers. My team:

De Gea/Hennessy
    Bellerin Alder Dawson Souare Nyom
    Walcott KDB Ozil Mahrez Wanyama
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

De Gea to Elliott would leave me with enough cash for Vardy to Kun.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,006 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Wanted to do Lukaku to Aguero. Not really sure I can justify it now. Possibly Kane to Aguero. Possibly no Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Gonna see how Aguero gets on. I might bring him in but I might wait some more. If not Aguero, I'll bring Arnie in for Barkley and play him in the next three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Have 2FT's and I might only use one. If Pulisball is well and truly back and better than ever, then I might hold on getting Butland in. I'm getting sick of Lukaku so Vardy to him might be my one transfer. I'll assess Coutinho on Wednesday. Keeping baby Deulofeu, my key differential!

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Cech McCarthy
    Sagna Bellerin Zouma Moreno Alder
    Alli Mahrez Ozil Barkley Wijnaldum
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Any advice?
    Have 2 FTs and 6.8 itb

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

lougal88 wrote: »
    Cech McCarthy
    Alli Lukaku Ozil Barkley Wijnaldum
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Any advice?
    Have 2 FTs and 6.8 itb
    I'd go Wijnaldum to KDB and bank a transfer. Presuming that extra Lukaku is Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Completely boring Alex McCarthy to Butland just to sit on my bench

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

lougal88 wrote: »
    Cech McCarthy
    Alli Lukaku Ozil Barkley Wijnaldum
    Vardy Kane Lukaku

Any advice?
    Have 2 FTs and 6.8 itb

I wish i could have Lukaku twice, can you get Ozil twice:D

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Torricelli wrote: »
    I'd go Wijnaldum to KDB and bank a transfer. Presuming that extra Lukaku is Mahrez.

Yeah sorry edited now. How could I forget Riyad?

Might make that change. Or wait to see how City do tomorrow night....

Worried about KdB sharing points with a returning Silva and a rejuvenated YaYa.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Sterling, Ozil, Walcott, Alli, Mahrez
    Agüero, Kane, Lukaku

2 FTs. Will probably only use 1.

A: Sterling to Arnie who has Norwich at home next, with Leicester also in next 3. Form on his side.

B: Sterling to Payet. Great run of fixtures after this week but no idea how ling till he gets back to speed. Eats my Sanchez fund. But could downgrade Bellerin after Newcastle to fit him for Theo.

Leaning towards the form player and keeping an eye on Payet a few weeks. Or what about Shaquiri as a differential alternative?

Arnie rising tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

FHFC wrote: »
    Agüero, Kane, Lukaku

A: Sterling to Arnie who has Norwich at home next, with Leicester also in next 3. Form on his side.

B: Sterling to Payet. Great run of fixtures after this week but no idea how ling till he gets back to speed. Eats my Sanchez fund. But could downgrade Bellerin after Newcastle to fit him for Theo.

Leaning towards the form player and keeping an eye on Payet a few weeks. Or what about Shaquiri as a differential alternative?

Arnie rising tonight.

Definitely option 1 imo. Arnie is in sensational form and has good short term fixtures. Would give payet a week or two to see how he gets on. I Definitely want payet long term when he's fit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

@FHFC: Arnie is the logical pick. He's enough of a differential not to consider Shaqiri. And Payet is a risky move right after his coming back from injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭Usernemises

Need a decent scoring def, but would also like augero back in before he starts scoring. Might use the wc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

FHFC wrote: »
    Agüero, Kane, Lukaku

Arnie rising tonight.

Stoke travel to West Brom next so I'm not sure if it's the best time to bring him in. Although he is rising as you say. You could sub him and play Alli with Stoke's game of Pulisball.

I think Payet could very well become an essential player again, unless he has another setback. So it could be only time before you get him in regardless. I think he would be a lot more reliable than Arnie.

Basically, I don't know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,963 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Walcott in for Ramsey - brought the wrong one in, Theo should have had 3 or 4 today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    @FHFC: Arnie is the logical pick. He's enough of a differential not to consider Shaqiri. And Payet is a risky move right after his coming back from injury.

Not seen any motd since boxing day so having sat up and watched back the 2 Stoke highlights I'll be doing Sterling to Arnie tonight.

Probably save the other ft.

Edit: @Darragh, yeah missed the wba game actually. But have to use the ft and could play alli, although form over fixtures and Stoke are irresistible atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Have to get Ozil. Ayew on the chopping block.

Also I might be looking for a Henderbus replacement service soon too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I did kolorav to wollscheid last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Have got 2 fts.
    Interested in bringing in Williams for Sagna, he has gotten 27 points in his last 3 games with decent fixtures coming up.
    Probably do Walcott for Ramsey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Not sure what my next move is, tonight's game could make my mind up

Butland, Myhill

Bellerin, Kolarov, Alderweireld, Ward, Nyom

Mahrez, Ozil, De Bruyne, Barkley, Alli

Vardy, Ighalo, Lukaku

1 FT, 7.6m ITB

I suppose Mahrez will stay until Bournemouth at least regardless of rotation tonight. If Aguero plays well, the temptation will be to get Aguero in for Vardy, especially as the fixtures are about to ease up. Cant justify selling Ighalo or Lukaku at the moment.

EDIT: Just seen Watfords next 6 fixtures, maybe I can justify it! :D

Giroud is scoring every other game this season but no big returns yet, plenty of better options still. Kane has burnt my hand a few times already this season, wary of getting him in again tbh.

The only other transfer that interests me is Barkley to Arnautovic but I'm undecided because I see it as a sort of sideways move. The main advantage is that it reduces my dependancy on Everton attack. I wonder if Everton will try to focus more defensively now, intentionally or not, because of losing at home despite scoring 3 goals.

Anyone else see another that should be considered?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Thinking of Barkley to Arnie....am I mad????

He's bang on form and Stoke has easier upcoming games than Everton I reckon

Have Lukaku up top for Everton cover

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

@Dempsey

Keep an eye on Nyom. I know that him being dropped yesterday was just down to the usual Christmas period rotation, but as you said, Watford's next few fixtures are tough. He might be staying on your bench for the next while if you keep him.

In midfield, Payet and Sanchez will both be returning soon, so they may become viable options in the not too distant future, Payet especially so. If he can regain his pre-injury form I will be bringing him in.

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Thinking of Barkley to Arnie....am I mad????

He's bang on form and Stoke has easier upcoming games than Everton I reckon

Have Lukaku up top for Everton cover
    Nope, not mad at all. Mark Hughes has Stoke playing well and with Shaqiri and Bojan also on form Arnie is sure to benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Dempsey wrote: »
    Not sure what my next move is, tonight's game could make my mind up

Butland, Myhill

Bellerin, Kolarov, Alderweireld, Ward, Nyom

Mahrez, Ozil, De Bruyne, Barkley, Alli

Vardy, Ighalo, Lukaku

1 FT, 7.6m ITB

I suppose Mahrez will stay until Bournemouth at least regardless of rotation tonight. If Aguero plays well, the temptation will be to get Aguero in for Vardy, especially as the fixtures are about to ease up. Cant justify selling Ighalo or Lukaku at the moment.

EDIT: Just seen Watfords next 6 fixtures, maybe I can justify it! :D

Giroud is scoring every other game this season but no big returns yet, plenty of better options still. Kane has burnt my hand a few times already this season, wary of getting him in again tbh.

The only other transfer that interests me is Barkley to Arnautovic but I'm undecided because I see it as a sort of sideways move. The main advantage is that it reduces my dependancy on Everton attack. I wonder if Everton will try to focus more defensively now, intentionally or not, because of losing at home despite scoring 3 goals.

Anyone else see another that should be considered?

Kolarov to Dawson? I know you have Myhill but you'll be playing Butland most weeks I'd imagine given his recent performances.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

@Dempsey

Keep an eye on Nyom. I know that him being dropped yesterday was just down to the usual Christmas period rotation, but as you said, Watford's next few fixtures are tough. He might be staying on your bench for the next while if you keep him.

In midfield, Payet and Sanchez will both be returning soon, so they may become viable options in the not too distant future, Payet especially so. If he can regain his pre-injury form I will be bringing him in.

Nyom has been bench fodder since I got him in GW6. His moment of glory came in GW16 when he subbed in for Kolarov for a nice 12 points.

Id forgotten about Sanchez and Payet tbh but I'm not going to try and pre-empt players coming back from injuries, rarely works out well. I'll wait to see them get a few games under their belts first and see if team tactics are suiting them. Even before Sanchez was injured, Ozil was a better option most weeks
    Lemlin wrote: »
    Kolarov to Dawson? I know you have Myhill but you'll be playing Butland most weeks I'd imagine given his recent performances.

I'll likely go with the home keeper barring a collapse of form but next GW I do fancy Stoke to score away against WBA. I dont have enough faith in Pulisball to double down on them

EDIT: Forgot about the scenario where I might want both Stoke & WBA defence playing, can only do either-or at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Thinking about Kolarov to Ivan. Hiddink had a great record under Chelsea last time and Ivan is attacking and doing well in BPS

• Advertisement

Dempsey wrote: »
    Nyom has been bench fodder since I got him in GW6. His moment of glory came in GW16 when he subbed in for Kolarov for a nice 12 points.

Id forgotten about Sanchez and Payet tbh but I'm not going to try and pre-empt players coming back from injuries, rarely works out well. I'll wait to see them get a few games under their belts first and see if team tactics are suiting them. Even before Sanchez was injured, Ozil was a better option most weeks

I think Sanchez has been terribly unlucky not to have amassed a much greater score. How many times did he hit the woodwork in the 1st few gameweeks. I agree that Ozil has been a better option so far, and it would be hard to justify potentially dropping him for Sanchez given his form. It's just that that form can't last forever. Ozils assist rate is like that of Fabregas last season, before it dropped away off in the post-Christmas period. I think its just a situation to keep an eye on. Sanchez is a bit of a live-wire and is one of the few players capable of getting outrageous scores.

I'll second Lemlins suggestion too. A WBA double up doesn't seem like a bad idea. With Kompany missing, cleansheets are a lot harder to come by for city.

Advertisement