Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Mine was dead with supplied adaptor and plug,had one from an old eircom modem also 12v and works a charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

GY A1 wrote: »
    Any orange lights showin up on front
    Dcully wrote: »
    Mine was dead with supplied adaptor and plug,had one from an old eircom modem also 12v and works a charm.

No light at all, it appears dead, going to try find another adaptor.

I have a 7.5v adaptor and just plugged it in and the lights have turned orange so that's a good sign. So I'll need to buy a 12v adaptor right and all should be well right?

GY A1 wrote: »
    Any orange lights showin up on front

What does orange light mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

that's just the power on light

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

How do I power the thing on guys? Have the power wire hooked up to the adaptor which is plugged in, HDMI to the tv, ethernet to the wifi, remote is working fine. Could it be a faulty adapter or something? Help please.

Pull the EU plug out a couple of mm from the adapter. Worked for me anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

dodzy wrote: »
    It appears tvheadend setup is causing difficulty for quite a few users. If it's purely SAT channels you are after and android type setup, an option is to flash The custom week android build to the box. This is very easy, you just need micro Sd card to flash to.

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/android/14042-have-wetek-openelec-but-want-android-on-nand-and-openelec-on-sd/page2

Once done, the SAT setup is literally a few clicks, and very similar to setting up channels on a FTA box which many of you may have done before. Eitherway, here's a quick tut.

http://youtu.be/_YOgXj1E5E0

Anything you do can be undone, so worry not :D

Oh, and happy Christmas :)

I installed Andy's build which runs great but can't view the sat channels thru the tuner.
    Would I be right in saying that if you are using 'live tv' for IPTV in kodi that it cannot be used for TVheadend as I have done everything to set this up and can watch the sat channels on my laptop but can't find a way to view them on the wetek in kodi on openelec?

Thanks guys, it was a faulty HDMI and power cord adaptor. Up and working now.

Did ye receive the WETEK membership card/number/registration thing with yere's? I didn't and from I've read it seems to bring some benefits. Going to email them in the new year about it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Did ye receive the WETEK membership card/number/registration thing with yere's? I didn't and from I've read it seems to bring some benefits. Going to email them in the new year about it anyway.

I don't think you get one with the WETEK Play - only the machines directly from Wetek.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

The wetek membership card only comes with wetek play from the wetek own website.
    The openelec wetek play from this group buy does not come with the card.

But to be honest it's no benefit here anyway.
    There's only a few foreign crappy channel streams with it lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Just posting a few screenshots of the Wetek Android build & integrated Wetek Theater for satellite FTA. First time I've turned the box in about 2 weeks. Very easy setup compared to the more laborious TVheadend. I like the UI. I think I'll keep it.......for now:)

373250.JPG

373251.JPG

373252.JPG

373253.JPG

373254.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Did you flash the wetek play uboot before flashing android to nand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I haven't had the chance to open mine yet, are there many with faulty plugs?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just posting a few screenshots of the Wetek Android build & integrated Wetek Theater for satellite FTA. First time I've turned the box in about 2 weeks. Very easy setup compared to the more laborious TVheadend. I like the UI. I think I'll keep it.......for now:)

373250.JPG
    Which guide did you use to do install or have you got any instructions of your own on how to install it? Attempted to install enigma2 to nand but it kept giving me no signal. Tried to install the latest android for wetek and now I'm getting symlink: some symlinks failed. Installation aborted.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Did you flash the wetek play uboot before flashing android to nand?
    nope. Wetek android to Sd straight. No issues.
    FrostyJim wrote: »
    Which guide did you use to do install or have you got any instructions of your own on how to install it? Attempted to install enigma2 to nand but it kept giving me no signal. Tried to install the latest android for wetek and now I'm getting symlink: some symlinks failed. Installation aborted.
    Gimme a 1/2 hour and I'll post some easy to follow details. I've tried all variants; I'm happiest with current setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

nope. Wetek android to Sd straight. No issues.

So wetek android running on SD card not nand?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Stick the enigma 2 image on s micro sd 8gb card.
    Up and running straight away then

Going give the openelec a try now

wiz569 wrote: »
    So wetek android running on SD card not nand?

No. You need to get the files onto MSD first and then flash to NAND.

Here are the files. Just unpack them to MSD and follow the youtube tutorial in the 2nd link.

files:

https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu...wgOUkVm97dRPlI

Instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTCmnM-7KE

If anyone has issues downloading the required files ( download through you browser when prompted with the choice ), I can pop them up on dropbox.

Just let me know.

Good to see you got sorted with Enigma GY A1;)

No. You need to get the files onto MSD first and then flash to NAND.

Here are the files. Just unpack them to MSD and follow the youtube tutorial in the 2nd link.

files:

https://mega.nz/#!YFkCUAZD!NUkYzYdtu...wgOUkVm97dRPlI

Instructions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTCmnM-7KE

If anyone has issues downloading the required files ( download through you browser when prompted with the choice ), I can pop them up on dropbox.

Just let me know.

Good to see you got sorted with Enigma GY A1;)

Decryption key needed for maga download. Seems like the same process I tried earlier but I'll try again. Thinks it something I changed rather than the guide not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Mega is less hassle if you use Chrome.

• Advertisement

Allyall wrote: »
    Mega is less hassle if you use Chrome.

The download dodzy linked to is just the one in the description of the vid he linked to. It downloads without issue when clicking on it from youtube so no need for a dropbox mirror.

The download dodzy linked to is just the one in the description of the vid he linked to. It downloads without issue when clicking on it from youtube so no need for a dropbox mirror.

You might be referring to the openelec link in the vid. That'll download straight away but the files you need are the Wetek android pack and they are via MEGAsync. Thats the case with Firefox anyway.

You might be referring to the openelec link in the vid. That'll download straight away but the files you need are the Wetek android pack and they are via MEGAsync. Thats the case with Firefox anyway.

Yes, I understand that, the mega download link in the video description downloads without a problem. It doesn't for whatever reason when you click on the same link in your post.

Yes, I understand that, the mega download link in the video description downloads without a problem. It doesn't for whatever reason when you click on the same link in your post.

Cheers Frosty, it's not downloading for me under a test though, hence the previous comment. It locks out with a message saying "files larger than 1MB cannot be downloaded without a MEGAsync account......bla bla bla" before completion.

Anyway, I have the files from a previous effort so they're there if anyone needs them.

Cheers Frosty, it's not downloading for me under a test though, hence the previous comment. It locks out with a message saying "files larger than 1MB cannot be downloaded without a MEGAsync account......bla bla bla" before completion.

Anyway, I have the files from a previous effort so they're there if anyone needs them.

Never had any problems with mega, don't know if i:'ve just been lucky or what. I'm using chrome and adblocker, maybe they get around whatever block is in place.

Never had any problems with mega, don't know if i:'ve just been lucky or what. I'm using chrome and adblocker, maybe they get around whatever block is in place.

You're spot on as expected FJ. Chrome is the key for anyone having issues downloading. Just tested & its working 100%. Adblocker not required;)

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

Lads, can this box fully replace dreambox? I have 800HD SE atm, buy like the idea of having one box with sattelite channels plus all android goodies. Thanks.

kave2 wrote: »
    Lads, can this box fully replace dreambox? I have 800HD SE atm, buy like the idea of having one box with sattelite channels plus all android goodies. Thanks.

They are 2 totally different boxes spec wise. What is it that you typically use your DB for?

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

They are 2 totally different boxes spec wise. What is it that you typically use your DB for?

Watch live tv. Its only single tuner, wetek is double as far as i know and all the android apps, kodi, plex...

• Advertisement

kave2 wrote: »
    Watch live tv. Its only single tuner, wetek is double as far as i know and all the android apps, kodi, plex...
    It'll be a worthy replacement so. The Android side of it obviously will swing it for you.

Advertisement