Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

kave2 wrote: »
    Lads, can this box fully replace dreambox? I have 800HD SE atm, buy like the idea of having one box with sattelite channels plus all android goodies. Thanks.

Yes, it could replace one (Enigma2), but it may not have everything the same - configuration and options you're used to.

Couldn't see a definite answer to this, so want to double check myself here.

I have Android on the nand (had to set it up like this so netflix and catch up TV players were easy for others here) I want to run kodi from sd card. I will have to insert SD when I want kodi and remove and power on for android yes?

Is it just a matter of extracting the open elec zip 6.0 to the SD card or do I need to do anything else, detail on this were sketchy at best on their forums as if it shouldn't be asked or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Couldn't see a definite answer to this, so want to double check myself here.

I have Android on the nand (had to set it up like this so netflix and catch up TV players were easy for others here) I want to run kodi from sd card. I will have to insert SD when I want kodi and remove and power on for android yes?

Is it just a matter of extracting the open elec zip 6.0 to the SD card or do I need to do anything else, detail on this were sketchy at best on their forums as if it shouldn't be asked or something.

You can just install Kodi on the android if its not already installed

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

As Wiz said

Or

OpenELEC is much more stable and yes, just pop out card for Android and insert for OpenELEC.

If you want to install OpenELEC on SD card, you can use the Wetek OpenELEC Installer or Win32DiskImager
    All downloads here - https://wetek.com/downloads

wiz569 wrote: »
    You can just install Kodi on the android if its not already installed

It is on there for sure, but android combined with kodi with all the bells and whistles doesn't leave a lot of room on internal memory. Maybe thats down to some of the packaged kodi stuff in wizard form is quite bloated.
    Allyall wrote: »
    As Wiz said

Or

OpenELEC is much more stable and yes, just pop out card for Android and insert for OpenELEC.

If you want to install OpenELEC on SD card, you can use the Wetek OpenELEC Installer or Win32DiskImager
    All downloads here - https://wetek.com/downloads

Cheers same place as I got the android files for installing on nand so, just wanted to double check.

• Advertisement

Havent looked into it tbh but can you not use an sd card for extra storage?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Havent looked into it tbh but can you not use an sd card for extra storage?

I have a 64gb USB stick I use for storage of video etc , so the only thing on internal memory is android a few apps and android kodi , which in total uses up about 1,6gb with the cache cleared. No option to move apps to SD natively though I never liked doing that with android devices. Kodi itself is about 600mb which like I said is down to the bloat in most of the wizard based installs for kodi not sure I can actually mention which ones I used ... best not I guess but you know what I mean.

I have a 64gb USB stick I use for storage of video etc , so the only thing on internal memory is android a few apps and android kodi , which in total uses up about 1,6gb with the cache cleared. No option to move apps to SD natively though I never liked doing that with android devices. Kodi itself is about 600mb which like I said is down to the bloat in most of the wizard based installs for kodi not sure I can actually mention which ones I used ... best not I guess but you know what I mean.
    Have a read of this,might help :)

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/q-a-help-troubleshooting/10969-running-out-of-free-nand-memory-space-the-solution

Especially this part
    I then intended to just re past the Kodi folder i moved earlier back from the USB drive back to its origional location but after some more Googling I found this information here - http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Change_settings_folder_for_Android
    It explains how to re locate the kodi data folders permanently to a USB drive thus freeing the NAND of Kodi's data completely,

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Those who have loaded enigma 2 onto it, whats minimum size of sd card you have used,

skydish79 wrote: »
    Those who have loaded enigma 2 onto it, whats minimum size of sd card you have used,

I'm using a 16GB one,but only because it was the only one I had here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

the image is tiny as far as I recall. Just over 100megs.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭skydish79

Thanks ordered 16gb

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

I've used 8gb
    But think u might get away with a 4gb
    It all depends where u download the image from because what ever size was used first to write the image will all be used.
    When burned the image takes up the use of the full sd card.
    No point using a 32 gb

GY A1 wrote: »
    I've used 8gb
    But think u might get away with a 4gb
    It all depends where u download the image from because what ever size was used first to write the image will all be used.
    When burned the image takes up the use of the full sd card.
    No point using a 32 gb
    image is just over 100MB, so virtually any MSD card will do. s far as I recall, the smallest card made waas 64MB; I'd say the minimum you could purchase nowadays would be 2GB, so more than enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

dodzy wrote: »
    Just posting a few screenshots of the Wetek Android build & integrated Wetek Theater for satellite FTA. First time I've turned the box in about 2 weeks. Very easy setup compared to the more laborious TVheadend. I like the UI. I think I'll keep it.......for now:)

373250.JPG
    How do you find the openelec remote control on wetek theater? I found it unusable. Also couldn't seem to navigate easily through the tv groups I had imported in. Is there something I was missing to make it work better?

FrostyJim wrote: »
    How do you find the openelec remote control on wetek theater? I found it unusable. Also couldn't seem to navigate easily through the tv groups I had imported in. Is there something I was missing to make it work better?

I'm using a K400. Deadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

is that a keyboard ?

stanley1 wrote: »
    is that a keyboard ?

Yeah, not ideal. Was hoping to get a setup where I could use the remote. Might go back to e2, can even use my amiko alien 2 remote with that. Plan was to use it mainly for watching satellite channels with the odd bit of kodi or android app viewing.

So far I've tried a few e2 images on micro SD, Openelec on micro SD and on nand, android on nand. They all seem to have issues one way or the other. Either the remote not working as it should or lockups for various reasons.

Does anyone know if any OS supports the two tuners to be used at once? I have tried on a few e2 images and they all just lock up instantly once record is pressed.

One final question , does a Wetek play splash screen come up on boot up for everyone or is this something I managed to inherite during all my flashing. Not a big deal, but i'd like to return it to stock Wetek Openelec as much as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

The splash screen comes up on openelec too. I'm on stock and always had it.

RossieMan wrote: »
    The splash screen comes up on openelec too. I'm on stock and always had it.

Thanks, was just wondering becuase I have flashed so many things on it in the last few days I wasn't sure.

• Advertisement

The 2 enigma2 images i tried would not play ball with remote at all.

stanley1 wrote: »
    The 2 enigma2 images i tried would not play ball with remote at all.

In the openhdf image anyway you can pick which remote you are using. It's set as Wetek play remote as default but you can choose our Wetek Openelec remote or the amiko alien 1 or 2 remote if you have one.

How do you sort out the channels list in enigma2? Having trouble with mine, showing all the scrambled channels and a million channel 4s. Struggling to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

How do you sort out the channels list in enigma2? Having trouble with mine, showing all the scrambled channels and a million channel 4s. Struggling to sort it out.

Use auto bouquet maker
    It puts channels in the different groups.
    Ie sport news fta etc

And it will auto update for u aswell

You can either use the autobouquetsmaker which is built in to some images, or autobouquets e2 which is a similar program that can be installed on e2 images. Or if you prefer you can use dreamboxedit for windows.

What I do is use autobouquets e2 to load up the channel lists on the box. Then load it from the box into dreamboxedit and add my favourites to the favourites bouquet. Then send it back to the box. You'll only need to update the favourites once.

Have a look at Rats channel updater, handy little tool.

Cheers lads, having a little play with the box today, will be hard to beat tvheadend. Other than the crappy EPG, its brilliant.

Cheers lads, having a little play with the box today, will be hard to beat tvheadend. Other than the crappy EPG, its brilliant.

Crossepg in e2 is quite good. Full 7 day listings for all channels. Haven't managed the tvheadend setup yet. I managed to get some channels loaded but it only found about 60. Then tried to import my e2 list but it kept failing so i gave up for the evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 headonyou

Lads, spent the day yesterday trying to get tvheadend working and no joy, followed every tutorial I could find too.

Can anyone one that has it set up correctly particularly with a DVB-T tuner offer any advice, particularly on the muxes that they used?

To summarise what I've done is:

On the wetek play - enable tvheadend front and back end, disabled any other pvr, enabled TV.

On the laptop - used my IP to access tvheadend and the tuner, create a network for use with a tuner, enabled just one of the available tuners (also tried with both enabled), I've tried all generic muxes and Irish muxes, I've my Upc/Virgin plugged into the port nearest the USB on the back of the box.

I only want saorview channels but any scan I've done results in a fail, half think tuner might be faulty, I also put android on the wetek briefly for a test and even using wetek theatre which seems straightforward to follow, it could not pick up any channels.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

• Advertisement

headonyou wrote: »
    Lads, spent the day yesterday trying to get tvheadend working and no joy, followed every tutorial I could find too.

Can anyone one that has it set up correctly particularly with a DVB-T tuner offer any advice, particularly on the muxes that they used?

To summarise what I've done is:

On the wetek play - enable tvheadend front and back end, disabled any other pvr, enabled TV.

On the laptop - used my IP to access tvheadend and the tuner, create a network for use with a tuner, enabled just one of the available tuners (also tried with both enabled), I've tried all generic muxes and Irish muxes, I've my Upc/Virgin plugged into the port nearest the USB on the back of the box.

I only want saorview channels but any scan I've done results in a fail, half think tuner might be faulty, I also put android on the wetek briefly for a test and even using wetek theatre which seems straightforward to follow, it could not pick up any channels.

Sorry for the long post and thanks for any help.

You need to link up a saorview compatible aerial, not UPC cable.

Advertisement