Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

wiz569 wrote:
    You need to click on the Networks tab next,then click add

Tried that. Deleted and tried again multiple times! Still nothing showing up under tuners!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Tried that. Deleted and tried again multiple times! Still nothing showing up under tuners!

Hmm,at this stage I can only offer advice gleaned from various online tutorials as I havent started on my box yet,might get time tomorrow

I presume you added a new network etc from that tab

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Did you disable VDR in Openelec at the start of the process?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

For anyone having problems - there's some great tutorials here - http://linuxsat-support.com/forumdisplay.php?f=992

Also an OpenELEC 6 image with everything setup. I couldn't find it just there while I was looking, but I know it's there.
    If I had a little more time I'd look some more, but not at the minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

Im using OpenAtv enigma2 on sd card, I've been trying different keys etc on remote but for the life of me can't get subtitles to work, any help appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Sconsey

I have a feeling I am missing something really obvious here but I can't seem to get the device to remember my wireless network, so each time i turn it on I have to connect to my wireless and enter my password.

I am connecting to wireless under System > Openelec > Connection

Any ideas?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

Sconsey wrote: »
    I have a feeling I am missing something really obvious here but I can't seem to get the device to remember my wireless network, so each time i turn it on I have to connect to my wireless and enter my password.

I am connecting to wireless under System > Openelec > Connection

Any ideas?
    Thanks

I find that especially at the beginning of the setup you have to reboot for settings to save so maybe try that.

Does anyone know how or where on the remote you can switch off the subs from a movie/tv playing through a usb hard drive?
    And in one or two channels (eg. itv4+1) on the sat there's a voice commentary, is it possible to switch it off?

dodzy wrote:
    Did you disable VDR in Openelec at the start of the process?

Did surely. Went at it again today trying to reset everything up but back at the same! Gah!

Did surely. Went at it again today trying to reset everything up but back at the same! Gah!

Had the same problem today,a simple reboot of the wetek box sorted it

wiz569 wrote:
    Had the same problem today,a simple reboot of the wetek box sorted it

Afraid not. Removed the sat cable, rebooted, nothing, put it in again, rebooted and still nothing. Maddening! Might take out another box and see what happens.

• Advertisement

Afraid not. Removed the sat cable, rebooted, nothing, put it in again, rebooted and still nothing. Maddening! Might take out another box and see what happens.

Did you try both tuners?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Lads when you are setting up TV headend and you are in the web interface are you enabling both tuners or just one?

Some tutorials I've seen online say enable both and some say enable just one

Lads when you are setting up TV headend and you are in the web interface are you enabling both tuners or just one?

I enabled one first and it kept failing the scan,then tried the other one and with both showing up it worked and scanned fine

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Sneachta

Would love to know how you do this.....

Sneachta wrote: »
    Would love to know how you do this.....

Do what m8?

wiz569 wrote: »
    Do what m8?

Are you connecting sky dish to wetek and adding channels?

Are you connecting sky dish to wetek and adding channels?

Yes using tvheadend server and client

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Just got my live tvheadend working now I was trying since i got it last week could not get it to connect .Got up this morning unplugged the broadband turned on wi-fi on the Wetek box connected straight away

The wi-fi gave me a different ip address put that in plus :9981 and I am scanning away now on astra happy man

Got tvheadend working. Is there a way to separate working channels from non working?

Got tvheadend working. Is there a way to separate working channels from non working?

• Advertisement

You need to create bouquets,or if you have some E2 bouquets from a satellite receiver you can use the E22tv convertor to create them

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

wiz569 wrote: »
    You need to create bouquets,or if you have some E2 bouquets from a satellite receiver you can use the E22tv convertor to create them

Have you done this?

I tried to use that program but it only accepts a lamedb file and it gave me a runtime error message

How did you convert the bouquets because there are several of them?

Have you done this?

I tried to use that program but it only accepts a lamedb file and it gave me a runtime error message

How did you convert the bouquets because there are several of them?

Yep done it yesterday m8,just pointed it at the lamedb file and it converted and transfered them to the box,bear in mind I only have two bouquets,

I might also add i did it blind,as I had not got it hooked up to the tv,so have not yet seen if they are working,but there were no errors reported,

I just used dreamset to transfer them from my satellite box to my pc and then used E22tv on them

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lolliedog

Got a wetek play in the group buy.
    Set it up today, not to much trouble. YouTube is your friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Donkey OTae

Allyall wrote: »
    For anyone having problems - there's some great tutorials here - (Unable to reference Allyall's site as Im a newbie)

Also an OpenELEC 6 image with everything setup. I couldn't find it just there while I was looking, but I know it's there.
    If I had a little more time I'd look some more, but not at the minute.

Thanks AllyAll I 100% agree that site is great. For anyone stuck the guides over there are really straight forward tutorials and video guides for everything that anyone would want plus the community there uses really simple language for newbies.
    The Wetek channel on Youtube is pretty good too but jeepers you need to watch it on 50% speed, they fly around the place

You'd go bananas trawling across the net looking at different sites with slightly different advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

Anyone having trouble setting up the satellite adapters? Firstly for me, it only detects one adapter. It will scan and detect all the channels but for some reason after scan is complete my TV adapters are no longer detected in tvheadend.

Any help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Wynnie12 wrote: »
    Anyone having trouble setting up the satellite adapters? Firstly for me, it only detects one adapter. It will scan and detect all the channels but for some reason after scan is complete my TV adapters are no longer detected in tvheadend.

Any help much appreciated

Seems to be a problem on some of the enigma2 images also but not them all.

Know my way around e2/kodi but the Wetek does take some getting used to. For instance, what's the best way to set up partitions/ picons/ swap file.Not how but what way works best. Also is it better to flash the e2 image to nand or just run from microsd? Once I have the basics sorted I know how to set up the rest. Advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Lads, I recorded something by error and filled the limited internal storage, the box hangs and crashes now at times, but was trying to get into it to delete the recording but none is showing. So i went to XXX.XXX.X.XX:9981/dev/data and XXX.XXX.X.XX:9981 and couldn't get in, it wouldn't open. Am i doing something stupid that I cant connect to the box over the network?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

How do I power the thing on guys? Have the power wire hooked up to the adaptor which is plugged in, HDMI to the tv, ethernet to the wifi, remote is working fine. Could it be a faulty adapter or something? Help please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

How do I power the thing on guys? Have the power wire hooked up to the adaptor which is plugged in, HDMI to the tv, ethernet to the wifi, remote is working fine. Could it be a faulty adapter or something? Help please.

Any orange lights showin up on front

Advertisement