Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

stanley1 wrote: »
    anyone running openatv enigma2 image on box.

Yes using it here
    Running ok

spuddy wrote: »
    I believe the remote supplied with the Wetek box purchased from the OpenELEC website doesn't support OpenATV (coloured buttons don't function).

Does anyone know if the OpenELEC supplied remote can be reprogrammed for use with OpenATV?

Yes open elec remote is working with 1 of the recent updates.
    You have to select this remote in the settings
    And the star button is blue btw

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭spuddy

GY A1 wrote: »
    Yes open elec remote is working with 1 of the recent updates.
    You have to select this remote in the settings
    And the star button is blue btw

Do you know if that's the OpenELEC settings or OpenATV settings?

spuddy wrote: »
    Do you know if that's the OpenELEC settings or OpenATV settings?

It's in the open atv setting
    Click system and its down near the end
    Can't remember , b tomoro before can check but
    It's in system setup and there an option to select which remote u have , from either wetek air, enigma2 rcu or openelec remote that we have

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Block (8

I'm picking up my wetek later on, is it better to delete pvr straight away and install tvheadend?
    Or since the pvr is easier to setup initially it is better to use that first to get use to it?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

HI guys just got my wetek openelec, changed the dodgy plug and adapter and I'm seeing the kodi menu but seems to have nothing installed.
    I cant seem to find any guides on how to proceed to get content for live streams and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

if you had a kodi box before and added repos it is the same thing ,if you haven't go to https://seo-michael.co.uk/ and follow his instructions for repos

Yes comes as blank canvas kodi
    You install what ad dons u want
    Loads of videos on u tube on how to install on kodi

Dcully wrote: »
    HI guys just got my wetek openelec, changed the dodgy plug and adapter and I'm seeing the kodi menu but seems to have nothing installed.
    I cant seem to find any guides on how to proceed to get content for live streams and movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I just got my box a while ago and am trying to setup live TV via TV Headend and OSCAM

I followed this tutorial

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

I disbaled VDR and installled TVheadend + OSCAM

The problem is that I only got 440 services when the box scanned and the EPG isnt working

Lots of the entries in the scan result column of show as "FAILED"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

I tried to use VDR but it wasn't great, it seemed to scan all the ensrypted channels even though I had deselected the option to scan the scrambled channels.

So I decided to give up on that and try tvheadend. But, I can't find it, I looked in the Add-Ons and I've installed the tvheadend client, but I can't see the backend add-on anywhere, so I'd appreciate any help.

I found a video on youtube to install it on OpenElec 5, but I've got OpenElec 6 and when I go into the Add-Ons in the OpenElec Media Centre repository and then in Services but tvheadend is not listed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

Got the wetek play openelec today and it loads fine but won't let me select an audio output at all. Not seeing my sharp tv like my intel nuc kodi install does straight away.

So no audio - any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

3nphqEF.jpg
    Just managed to get my hands on one of my shiny new DVB-S2 tuners. Trying to setup the tuners to scan for channels. However in the above image it can be seen that I have no tuners! There is no further dropdown! Has anyone else experienced this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

_dof_ wrote: »
    I tried to use VDR but it wasn't great, it seemed to scan all the ensrypted channels even though I had deselected the option to scan the scrambled channels.

So I decided to give up on that and try tvheadend. But, I can't find it, I looked in the Add-Ons and I've installed the tvheadend client, but I can't see the backend add-on anywhere, so I'd appreciate any help.

I found a video on youtube to install it on OpenElec 5, but I've got OpenElec 6 and when I go into the Add-Ons in the OpenElec Media Centre repository and then in Services but tvheadend is not listed.

You need to install the Unofficial OpenElec repo first,which is in the official repo,then the TVHeadend server will be in that repo services

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

3nphqEF.jpg
    Just managed to get my hands on one of my shiny new DVB-S2 tuners. Trying to setup the tuners to scan for channels. However in the above image it can be seen that I have no tuners! There is no further dropdown! Has anyone else experienced this?

You need to click on the Networks tab next,then click add

Have u s micro sd card
    U can be up and running in a few minutes with a back up enigma 2 image.
    Very easy to set up
    I just got my box a while ago and am trying to setup live TV via TV Headend and OSCAM

I followed this tutorial

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=78286

I disbaled VDR and installled TVheadend + OSCAM

The problem is that I only got 440 services when the box scanned and the EPG isnt working

Lots of the entries in the scan result column of show as "FAILED"

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

GY A1 wrote: »
    Have u s micro sd card
    U can be up and running in a few minutes with a back up enigma 2 image.
    Very easy to set up

I have a misco SD card but Id like to give TVheadend a shot first

I managed to get all the channels and EPG after a scan but when i select any channel, the kodi buffer bar appears up the top and it just hangs and doesnt zap to the channel

Any ideas guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

Here's a handy guide from step 2 for people looking to use openelec on wetek to view live TV...

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=362&p=2002#p2002

Hattip to @scooterbuk for this

spent 5-6 hours trying to get the sat tuner working! Had one tuner going for a couple of mins before it lost picture and froze the box.
    Had to unplug the power and lost the settings now for some reason the tuner would not scan even trying the force scan might have to reset the box and start all over again.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭_dof_

tommycahir wrote: »
    Here's a handy guide from step 2 for people looking to use openelec on wetek to view live TV...

http://forum.kodicommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=362&p=2002#p2002

Hattip to @scooterbuk for this

That page looked like it was just what I was looking for, but the ZIP file linked from that page just contained some rtf file describing how to setup streaming to a PC using openwebif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭dodzy

Block (8 wrote: »
    spent 5-6 hours trying to get the sat tuner working! Had one tuner going for a couple of mins before it lost picture and froze the box.
    Had to unplug the power and lost the settings now for some reason the tuner would not scan even trying the force scan might have to reset the box and start all over again.

It appears tvheadend setup is causing difficulty for quite a few users. If it's purely SAT channels you are after and android type setup, an option is to flash The custom week android build to the box. This is very easy, you just need micro Sd card to flash to.

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/android/14042-have-wetek-openelec-but-want-android-on-nand-and-openelec-on-sd/page2

Once done, the SAT setup is literally a few clicks, and very similar to setting up channels on a FTA box which many of you may have done before. Eitherway, here's a quick tut.

http://youtu.be/_YOgXj1E5E0

Anything you do can be undone, so worry not :D

Oh, and happy Christmas :)

• Advertisement

dodzy wrote: »
    It appears tvheadend setup is causing difficulty for quite a few users. If it's purely SAT channels you are after and android type setup, an option is to flash The custom week android build to the box. This is very easy, you just need micro Sd card to flash to.

http://wetekforums.com/vb5/forum/wetek-play/android/14042-have-wetek-openelec-but-want-android-on-nand-and-openelec-on-sd/page2

Once done, the SAT setup is literally a few clicks, and very similar to setting up channels on a FTA box which many of you may have done before. Eitherway, here's a quick tut.

http://youtu.be/_YOgXj1E5E0

Anything you do can be undone, so worry not :D

Oh, and happy Christmas :)

Thanks for that I'll take a look later. Eventually (11.30pm) have the sat working after a reset though there's a lot sky channels thrown in the mix which (at first I thought I had sky to watch) but it's a nuisance making it longer to scroll through the channels.
    Some channels seem to be missing so for now I'll plug one of the sat cables to the humax and one to the wetek.
    I'll tackle the repository and iptv later on today or tomorrow I think, was really frustrated but had the eureka moment when the sat worked!

I installed beast kodi lastnight all working well, booted up the wetec just now and getting some debug menu and its saying device is broken beyond repair.
    Any ideas?

IMAG1499_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Dcully wrote: »
    I installed beast kodi lastnight all working well, booted up the wetec just now and getting some debug menu and its saying device is broken beyond repair.
    Any ideas?

IMAG1499_1.jpg

Not an expert on this but you can just download openelec from the wetek site on to an sd card and reinstall , there's a reset button underneath that you need to press while booting again
    and it wont work with a usb stick must be a sd card

Got it working with usb stick would you believe, took a chance installed files to usb went through the procedure and a menu popped up with option to boot to ext,once I navigated to that with remote I could get to the desired folder on usb stick.
    Back up and running now with beast kodi 1.5.

Has anyone here got TVheadend + Oscam + full EPG + Picons + Bouquets working 100% on this box?

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭spongerobinson

Has anyone here got TVheadend + Oscam + full EPG + Picons + Bouquets working 100% on this box?

Yes to all of that, plus recording to external HD, plus Saorview on top as well, with a USB tuner. It is doable, but it's not exactly plug 'n play.

Yes to all of that, plus recording to external HD, plus Saorview on top as well, with a USB tuner. It is doable, but it's not exactly plug 'n play.

Can I ask if you enabled both tuners to do a scan in the TV headend GUI (because some tutorials say enable just 1 and some say enable them both) and also what version of openelec are you using?

Would you be willing to upload a backup of your settings mate for those of us that are struggling to get this working?

Can I ask if you enabled both tuners to do a scan in the TV headend GUI (because some tutorials say enable just 1 and some say enable them both) and also what version of openelec are you using?

Would you be willing to upload a backup of your settings mate for those of us that are struggling to get this working?

To be honest I can't remember the exact process, as I've had mine quite a while at this stage...I bought it when they were first released. Think I possibly followed this tutorial.

I do know I'm not using the latest version of openelec though...I think it's possibly 5.95.5 that I'm on...I chose not to upgrade as everything was working the way I wanted it.

As for uploading the settings, I'd have no problem doing this but I'm currently away from where the box is, so will be a week or so before I'd be able to do it.

EDIT: Oh and at the bit in the video where they map the channels, I'm nearly certain I used the Bouquets option instead, to get them in the same channel order as I was used to.

To be honest I can't remember the exact process, as I've had mine quite a while at this stage...I bought it when they were first released. Think I possibly followed this tutorial.

I do know I'm not using the latest version of openelec though...I think it's possibly 5.95.5 that I'm on...I chose not to upgrade as everything was working the way I wanted it.

As for uploading the settings, I'd have no problem doing this but I'm currently away from where the box is, so will be a week or so before I'd be able to do it.

EDIT: Oh and at the bit in the video where they map the channels, I'm nearly certain I used the Bouquets option instead, to get them in the same channel order as I was used to.

Thanks for your reply mate

It would be great to get those backup settings whenever you get the chance

Really appreciate it :)

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply mate

It would be great to get those backup settings whenever you get the chance

Really appreciate it :)

If your still stuck early in the New Year, give me a little reminder and I'll see what I can do. In the meantime, I would definitely recommend trying to follow that video tutorial, and also having a look on the Wetek forums.

Advertisement