Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

RossieMan wrote: »
    Can not get my head around oscam at all.

None of my pnenigma images are stable either, crash every few minutes.

im using open atv atm
    or use pbnigma dated 1/12/12
    that one is stable

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Can anyone confirm that I am using the right files, I.E.none from the clean install files as per the link on Post 2.
    The files i used on the card to flash were; factory_update_param.aml, OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0-update (compressed zip file) and recovery.img

Any ideas?

P.S. I just used the files from here http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0.zip I did not use any of the "Clean Install" files

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

gillamandango I had the same prob as you I just ran the clean install link and factory-update param and it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 882 ✭✭✭manster

Was in the middle of setting up tvheadend when the box rebooted and I lost some functionality. Did a hard reset (major mistake). The result is this is all I have now in Add-ons

Add-Ons
    • My add-ons
    • Install from repository
    • Install from zip file
    • Search
    • System

This is the list that I'm looking for

Add-ons
    • Check for updates (last updated on...)
    • Disabled add-ons
    • Enabled add-ons
    • Get add-ons
    • Install from zip file
    • Search

Tried doing a reinstall using OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0.zip - looked ok but made no difference. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

manster wrote: »
    Was in the middle of setting up tvheadend when the box rebooted and I lost some functionality. Did a hard reset (major mistake). The result is this is all I have now in Add-ons

Add-Ons
    • My add-ons
    • Install from repository
    • Install from zip file
    • Search
    • System

This is the list that I'm looking for

Add-ons
    • Check for updates (last updated on...)
    • Disabled add-ons
    • Enabled add-ons
    • Get add-ons
    • Install from zip file
    • Search

Tried doing a reinstall using OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0.zip - looked ok but made no difference. Any ideas?

That looks like you have updated the kodi version from 14.2 to at least 15.0 which implemented the new menu above in addons section.

• Advertisement

That looks like you have updated the kodi version from 14.2 to at least 15.0 which implemented the new menu above in addons section.

The splash screen says 15.2

How do I get my old add-on menu back? Should I install an older version of Kodi. Atm I can't open / configure packages after installing

manster wrote: »
    The splash screen says 15.2

How do I get my old add-on menu back? Should I install an older version of Kodi. Atm I can't open / configure packages after installing

You can find them under my addons - all addons or you can go to videos- addons on the main menu.

tommycahir wrote: »
    You can find them under my addons - all addons or you can go to videos- addons on the main menu.

Not in either place.
    Add-ons->My add-ons->All-Open ELEC MediaCenter OS Add-ons (Enabled)

If I open this, all options are greyed out (e.g. Configure, Uopdate, Launch, Uninstall, Diable, Rollback, Changelog)

Video->Add-ons-> Get more... has just the default videos

Head wrecked now

Where you using a different skin to what is there now?

I know i have a pain in my hoop having to switch back to confluence to get at settings that just are not there in other skins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Switch your skin settings when you download it. You can get then all back with a bit of tinkering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭upandcumming

I think was asked before, and it may have been posted and me missing it, but can anyone upload a backup of their machine with Openelec and tvHeadend set up? I know I and I'm sure others would be very grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Ordered enigma2 Remote arrived by tnt, only ordered it Monday evening. Can't beat that for service and only cost 10 euro including delivery. Now to see if life gets easier with the box.

I don't think it'll work like that? Or am i wrong?

Ordered the enigma2 remote just there, 9.89 now delivered.

The openelec remote is grand but really isng user friendly with enigma.

I think was asked before, and it may have been posted and me missing it, but can anyone upload a backup of their machine with Openelec and tvHeadend set up? I know I and I'm sure others would be very grateful!

i got an openelec 6 back up from linux sat web,
    it might be on the wetek forum also
    its fully set up with both tvheadend and vdr,
    you enable whichever option u want,
    i tried it last night with vdr
    and was running ok

Where you using a different skin to what is there now?

I know i have a pain in my hoop having to switch back to confluence to get at settings that just are not there in other skins

Nope still using the default skin - confluence
    Openelec 6.0 and Kodi 15.2

Going to try and install OpenELEC-Amlogic.WeTek.Play.arm-5.0.8 next

Yahoo!!

That worked. Back to original settings again - happy days

For anyone else that was stuck use this link

Now I can break it again safe in the knowledge I can always go back.

Tested a wee usb dvd drive earlier worked fine after a reboot, only issue is the Box skin doesn't have a play disc / eject menu item like confluence does, my searches yielded nothing either so only way around that in other skins was to enable autoplay discs option.

Edit : Found it buried in a settings option under appearance - skin settings I missed, loads of options there to customise precisely the tiles you want on the Box skin or any skin. So added a new tile /tab for DVD play and eject and removed the music one as I don't use it and replaced with radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Has anyone installed OpenELEC 7 with all the extras?

I tried twice in the last half an hour, I'm babysitting and the Wetek is in the back room, but both times, it has a long list of errors, both saying something similar to "this is broken, this is broken".. :confused:

Had HDFreaks image on earlier, and I should've left it. I'm now too tired to do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,108 ✭✭✭batistuta9

where are you getting that from?

HDFreaks image - what's this like

i tried openatv earlier, got the channels going but couldn't be bothered doing any more with it tonight.
    is it or any of them images usable with the openelec remote, any other way to set/configure apart from the colour buttons?

i've tvheadend going on the openelec version, it's not ideal yet either for me. best i've managed so far for a channel list is using one of the bouquets in the web interface & selecting it then in kodi views.
    epg the same, using one from the web interface but it's not great, is there a better one?
    i've it recording to an external hdd but box needs to be on, can it be setup like a sky box & do it when hibernating?
    some picons showing as well but think i just need better ones to sort that out

also any recommendations for a skin?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Links are on Mega - Chrome is better (I find) for downloading them.

Clean install - OpenELEC 7.0 - 103.4MB .img.gz
    Update - OpenELEC 7.0 - 111.8MB .tar

HDFreaks - http://images.hdfreaks.cc/wetekplay/

As always, Win32DiskImager to install on SD

I haven't tried HDFreaks yet, I think it's pretty straight forward with some garbled images at the start of installation. Choose Language your setup etc.

I'm going to try OE7 again this morning when I get the chance, It may be that you need to monitor the install.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭skydish79

Tvheadend v openatv enigma 2

Have tvheadend installed, if I install enigma 2 will I lose all my settings?

Any opinions on which is best tvheadend or openatv enigma 2

skydish79 wrote: »
    Tvheadend v openatv enigma 2

Have tvheadend installed, if I install enigma 2 will I lose all my settings?

Any opinions on which is best tvheadend or openatv enigma 2

install openelec with tvheadend on NAND
    and put the openatv on a micro sd card,
    then u can compare both very easy

Received my enigma2 remote today. 2 days after ordering, really impressive considering I ordered at about 2 o clock Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

They are really quick with shipping alright, hate to see what it would cost to return it though I'd say a lot more than it cost to buy the remote.

Lads,
    Anyone else finding their Oscam working fine for a few minutes and then going to a status of
    CONNECTED to UNKNOWN and then back to CONNECTED

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Not sure if its been mentioned here before but there's an Android remote control app for this.

Works on the Play and the Core. I had to enable remote in the settings on the box first. Doubt it will work on OpenElec.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wetekplay.wecontrol

Keith186 wrote: »
    Not sure if its been mentioned here before but there's an Android remote control app for this.

Works on the Play and the Core. I had to enable remote in the settings on the box first. Doubt it will work on OpenElec.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.wetekplay.wecontrol

If your booting directly into kodi on openelec have a look at the yatse app on play store, been using it on kodi for ages and miles better than what that wetek one looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Allyall wrote: »
    Links are on Mega - Chrome is better (I find) for downloading them.

Clean install - OpenELEC 7.0 - 103.4MB .img.gz
    Update - OpenELEC 7.0 - 111.8MB .tar

HDFreaks - http://images.hdfreaks.cc/wetekplay/

As always, Win32DiskImager to install on SD

I haven't tried HDFreaks yet, I think it's pretty straight forward with some garbled images at the start of installation. Choose Language your setup etc.

I'm going to try OE7 again this morning when I get the chance, It may be that you need to monitor the install.

Is OE 7 a beta build mate?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

I have been playing with this box for a few weeks and at the moment I cant see it replacing my satellite box anytime soon.

-Customization is very limted compared to smething like an E2 Vix image
    -It cant stream 1080P from my Vu Duo 2 box downstairs without stuttering
    -EPG is terrible
    -The box randomly crashes
    -I dont like the Clicky Remote (maybe the E2 remote is better?)

Kodi runs no better on this box than it did on my generic chinese android box

Don't get me wrong, its well worth the money I paid for it but I'll be sticking with my sat boxes for T.V...... for now

Advertisement