Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14 headonyou

FrostyJim wrote:
    You need to link up a saorview compatible aerial, not UPC cable.

That makes sense, cheers, as is though should I be able to pick up UPC channels through the DVB-t tuner? Would like to make sure tuner is working before getting another aerial.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,767 ✭✭✭DopeTech

headonyou wrote: »
    That makes sense, cheers, as is though should I be able to pick up UPC channels through the DVB-t tuner? Would like to make sure tuner is working before getting another aerial.

Don't think you'd get the 13 or so analogue channels since you have a dvb-t/c tuner. You would pick up 1 or 2 random channels that they haven't encrypted on their digital package if you scanned the right frequencies but these would be useless to you and it would also be theft of service technically so I won't be encouraging you to do it.

You need a aerial to receive saorview, simple as that. Doesn't have to be anything fancy. Even the rabbits ears on top of the tv will pick up signal depending how close to the mast you are.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

While the remote included does the job is there a better remote for this device guys? and maybe a keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

Dcully wrote: »
    While the remote included does the job is there a better remote for this device guys? and maybe a keyboard?

Depends are u using it for enigma 2 or openelec
    There is a specific enigma 2 remote
    Or I also have a wireless keyboard that I use for openelec and used it on the android side on my other box.
    I got the ba k400 keyboard here

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I'm only using it for the beast kodi for streaming.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭dodzy

I use the logitech but these do the job just fine. Tho one pictures is backlit. Handy feature. Picked up a batch of them from Alie last year. Available on Amazon if you dont fancy waiting on the slowboat.

373530.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

got the tvheadend working and have it set to scan for 28.2 with the cable from the sky dish into the back of the wetek play which i got on bargain alerts mass order recently.. dvb-s selected etc but no channels coming up..

any ideas what im doing wrong?

yga936m
    nRw86a0

http://imgur.com/yga936m
    http://imgur.com/nRw86a0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Looks like its not finding your satellite. Make sure your connection is fitted correctly in the back

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭bonkers

thanks will try to force the cable in more..

Less remotes I have the better , I've been getting by for the rare times I need a keyboard in Kodi with the phone app. I'm actually impressed at how well that has worked.

This has also reminded be to look into whether kodi supports hdmi cec? Works in android and lets me use my tv remote , but obviously you need the pointer on the wetek one or the phone app there as android isn't fully optimised for a remote only control, but powering on/off the box and TV with the one remote is very handy.

• Advertisement

Oh not sure if this was posted or not but might be useful for someone else

OE_Remote11_11_15.png

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭Wynnie12

bonkers wrote: »
    got the tvheadend working and have it set to scan for 28.2 with the cable from the sky dish into the back of the wetek play which i got on bargain alerts mass order recently.. dvb-s selected etc but no channels coming up..

yga936m
    nRw86a0

Make sure the VDR pluggin is disabled in services addons also.

bonkers wrote: »

Was getting alot of fails on that too. Actually gave up trying to get tvheadend working as I couldn't figure it out either, what I think may be the issue is the predefined frequencies on 28.2 look to be out of date which means alot will fail and after a full scan you will only have a handful of channels.

Gave PBNigma 5.0 another go and so far its been working very well. Loaded the image on a 2gb micro sd, and added hdd for recording etc. Figured out to get the second tuner work you need to set it up "equal to a" otherwise the box locks up.

So far I've installed autobouqets, imported xmltv listings, recorded 1 channel and watched another and all running smoothly. I have a amiko alien 2 remote control which works vey well with it also. Will need to map a couple of new keys but altogether very responsive. Quite like the skin too.

5kdSFo.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

For those using pbnigma or openatv and like the look of a sky box then have a look at either blue had skin or the slyk1 had skin (link)

Some people have reported that the slyk skin locks up the pbnigma image so use with caution..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Anybody having trouble with the openelec remote on enigma2,when scrolling through channel lists or menus,sometimes it just keeps scrolling on its own ?

I have ordered the wetek E2 remote anyway but was wondering was it a normal thing with this remote

wiz569 wrote: »
    Anybody having trouble with the openelec remote on enigma2,when scrolling through channel lists or menus,sometimes it just keeps scrolling on its own ?

I have ordered the wetek E2 remote anyway but was wondering was it a normal thing with this remote
    Yeah I have the same problem, seems to be the remote as when I use any other remote the scrolling problem doesn't happen.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Yeah I have the same problem, seems to be the remote as when I use any other remote the scrolling problem doesn't happen.

Bummer, hopefully the E2 remote is better,I can use the Rii keyboard but its not family friendly

Was looking through some of the skins today and came across 'Box' Lovely skin if you like something clean and simple.

Took a couple of screenshots, couldn't see an option to resize for posting here so I'll just link to them http://imgur.com/a/BRynM

BTW it's ctrl+s on a keyboard to do a screen grab in kodi.

wiz569 wrote: »
    Bummer, hopefully the E2 remote is better,I can use the Rii keyboard but its not family friendly

Which e2 remote is this you're buying?

I have one of these. Works great but would prefer something with a keyboard for kodi.

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Which e2 remote is this you're buying?

I have one of these. Works great but would prefer something with a keyboard for kodi.

This one m8
    https://wetek.com/shop/wetek-play-enigma-2-rcu

• Advertisement

On the subject of remotes I mentioned earlier I didn't check what the situation was regards hdmi-cec was in kodi. My samsung tv one works with no additional set up or config on kodi , once anynet+ is enabled on the TV :)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Booted up my Open Elec Box and got the file system corruption message and to press any key within 120 seconds to reboot and prevent filesystem check.

It scanned, and rebooted and I still get the same message.

Am running latest stable kodi and openelec, only have tvheadend working, no other changes made to box, but had a powercut recently and am thinking an update or something was going on when it happened.

Is the box broken? Will a fresh install sort it out?

Booted up my Open Elec Box and got the file system corruption message and to press any key within 120 seconds to reboot and prevent filesystem check.

It scanned, and rebooted and I still get the same message.

Am running latest stable kodi and openelec, only have tvheadend working, no other changes made to box, but had a powercut recently and am thinking an update or something was going on when it happened.

Is the box broken? Will a fresh install sort it out?

a reflash of openelec should sort it
    download from wetek forum

GY A1 wrote: »
    a reflash of openelec should sort it
    download from wetek forum

Thanks GY A1, I assume this will do the trick http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/11

Thanks GY A1, I assume this will do the trick http://tutorials.wetek.com/tutorial/11

ya thats it
    had to do the same few days ago

Yeah thats it. I've brought mine back to life a few times and you can also use the same process should you want android on NAND.

Oh should add that you might want a 2nd pair of hands to help, can be tricky holding the reset button and trying to plug the power cable back in with out the pin or what ever you are using slipping off the button. Had to call my partner in to help and to be asked "Have you broken it again" or " I swear you like playing with it more than watching it" :D

Oh should add that you might want a 2nd pair of hands to help, can be tricky holding the reset button and trying to plug the power cable back in with out the pin or what ever you are using slipping off the button. Had to call my partner in to help and to be asked "Have you broken it again" or " I swear you like playing with it more than watching it" :D

I used a thumbtack as the pin,nice broad head on it so no slippage lol

Yeah thats it. I've brought mine back to life a few times and you can also use the same process should you want android on NAND.

I followed the procedure, saw the update install and when rebooted, I got the same file corruption message. The files i used on the card to flash were; factory_update_param.aml, OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0-update (compressed zip file) and recovery.img

Any ideas?

P.S. I just used the files from here http://releases.openelec.tv/OpenELEC-WeTek_Play.arm-6.0.0.zip I did not use any of the "Clean Install" files

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Can not get my head around oscam at all.

None of my pnenigma images are stable either, crash every few minutes.

Advertisement