Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WETEK Play/OPENELEC user discussion, tips n' tricks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

Is anyone using the VU+ Plugin? Is there anyway was to store the channels locally so its not syncing all the time.

This option is on the VIPlus Kodi manual but its not sowing up for me
    Did u have any luck sorting this?

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭gillamandango

Having a nightmare with this box! Am using openelec v6 and kodi v15.2. I did all the tvheadend addons and disable that PVR add-on, configed and scanned and mapped channels, all good..now, no live TV appearing (it us enabled) and each time I boot up I get the message " no PVR addon enabled" even though its all enabled before I rebooted. Even if I do enable, nothing happens..stuck in a loop... Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Having a nightmare with this box! Am using openelec v6 and kodi v15.2. I did all the tvheadend addons and disable that PVR add-on, configed and scanned and mapped channels, all good..now, no live TV appearing (it us enabled) and each time I boot up I get the message " no PVR addon enabled" even though its all enabled before I rebooted. Even if I do enable, nothing happens..stuck in a loop... Any ideas?

Have you installed services Tvheadend ? you need to install that as well as enabling tvheadend htsp pvr client .
    I changed one of the settings to 15 sec to wait for the pvr to start.
    Also i believe there's a problem with Tvheadend sometimes not saving settings, I read this on one of the forums so i uninstall both rebooted and reinstall and then it worked for me.
    I got this working and then decided to installed wetek android, much much easier to setup

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

is netflix hd available on this box ?

TIA

BrendanD wrote: »
    Have you installed services Tvheadend ? you need to install that as well as enabling tvheadend htsp pvr client .
    I changed one of the settings to 15 sec to wait for the pvr to start.
    Also i believe there's a problem with Tvheadend sometimes not saving settings, I read this on one of the forums so i uninstall both rebooted and reinstall and then it worked for me.
    I got this working and then decided to installed wetek android, much much easier to setup

I disabled live TV, then uninstalled 'tvheadend' under services and 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' under PVR clients and rebooted.
    I then installed 'tvheadend' from 'Unofficial OpenELEC...' repository from Services. Then enabled TV and chose 'tvheadend HTSP Client' from the PVR clients that came up. Rebooted and same message appears..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭captain_boycott

I disabled live TV, then uninstalled 'tvheadend' under services and 'Tvheadend HTSP Client' under PVR clients and rebooted.
    I then installed 'tvheadend' from 'Unofficial OpenELEC...' repository from Services. Then enabled TV and chose 'tvheadend HTSP Client' from the PVR clients that came up. Rebooted and same message appears..

same happened to me. Go to system->add-ons->my addons->PVR clients, select the Tvheadend add on and hit configure. Make sure its set to 127.0.0.1/9981 then ok, and then Enable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Why are you setting it to 127.0.0.1? Should you not set it to the up address of the box being used? It probably makes no difference whatsoever.

RossieMan wrote: »
    Why are you setting it to 127.0.0.1? Should you not set it to the up address of the box being used? It probably makes no difference whatsoever.

I am assuming he is running the frontend client on the same box as the TVheadend service. 127 is the localhost IP. If not, then yes, it needs to be whatever the address of the TVheadend service is - it certainly makes a big difference!

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Can one get Sk*Sp*rts on the Weetek? Specifically the Darts!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭GY A1

careful or the thread will get closed if certain talk starts
    the wetek has got satellite connections,
    and there are also loads of apps on kodi

• Advertisement

I'm making use of the RF/BNC out on the box and looping it back to the TV so I can have guaranteed TV while I mess around with the box, you''ll need another adaptor like the one that came with it maybe but means I have guaranteed TV on another TV input source while you mess around with the box and not have to keep swapping around cables.

On the + side I might have mentioned the dvb-t tuner on the box actually works better in that config than the built in turner on my samsung TV which can tune but not show UK fta stations.

I haven't been able to get kodi or android to get the same results as that setup. Kodi will show the uk HD stations as a black screen and android has messed up sound on them :(

anything that streams to kodi either outright fails to work or stops after 2 minutes and need a box reset to work again. Plexbmc wont see my server but kodi will allow me to add the folders manually via file browser and play the files. Need to check the logs and see whats going on. I have a laptop running kodi that does all this without issues.

I am assuming he is running the frontend client on the same box as the TVheadend service. 127 is the localhost IP. If not, then yes, it needs to be whatever the address of the TVheadend service is - it certainly makes a big difference!

I reinstalled again, and magically it all appeared..maybe I was too impatient..

I have been trying to research this but can anyone offer direction..can my firestick be a client of tvheadend...I.e. Can I connect/link my firsestick to this wetex box? Or tvheadends? I assume I can't mirror what's on the box to the firestick?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

same happened to me. Go to system->add-ons->my addons->PVR clients, select the Tvheadend add on and hit configure. Make sure its set to 127.0.0.1/9981 then ok, and then Enable.
    No. 127.0.0.1 is set as default. You MUST change this to your IP address. For example 192.168.192.46. This info is available in the SYSTEM menu.

dodzy wrote: »
    No. 127.0.0.1 is set as default. You MUST change this to your IP address. For example 192.168.192.46. This info is available in the SYSTEM menu.

Dodzy, the default 127.0.0.1 is correct when connecting from same box...you don't need to change it. Your 192.xxxx address will work as well but when on a box localhost will always work. But if you do use your 192.xxxx address just remember it will fail if your box gets a different IP address eg if using DHCP to get auto assigned address, or if you switch from wired to wired connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,934 ✭✭✭dodzy

Dodzy, the default 127.0.0.1 is correct when connecting from same box...you don't need to change it. Your 192.xxxx address will work as well but when on a box localhost will always work. But if you do use your 192.xxxx address just remember it will fail if your box gets a different IP address eg if using DHCP to get auto assigned address, or if you switch from wired to wired connection.
    You sure about that CB? I know when I was setting up TVheadend, I had to enter 192.168.***.*** on the laptop. Can't see how anything else would work ??

dodzy wrote: »
    You sure about that CB? I know when I was setting up TVheadend, I had to enter 192.168.***.*** on the laptop. Can't see how anything else would work ??

100% sure. I think the reason it can be hard to get working sometimes is that LiveTV/PVR addon is troublesome. Sometimes it can take several goes enabling/disabling LiveTV & the add-on before the settings "take". In fact sometimes its easier to make changes and reboot.

As to why 127.0.0.1 works - light reading here
    http://www.tech-faq.com/127-0-0-1.html

noplacelike_mat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

100% sure. I think the reason it can be hard to get working sometimes is that LiveTV/PVR addon is troublesome. Sometimes it can take several goes enabling/disabling LiveTV & the add-on before the settings "take". In fact sometimes its easier to make changes and reboot.

As to why 127.0.0.1 works - light reading here
    http://www.tech-faq.com/127-0-0-1.html

noplacelike_mat.jpg

I had exactly the same problem with LiveTV/PVR was at it for a day nearly threw it out the window lol.
    Enable disable multiple times before it started working

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Cack.
    I can't find the USB DVB-T\T2 tuner I had nor can I find the Extra Wetek Play one I had...
    Everything was on hold for so long I can't remember where I boxed what. Serves me right... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Im waiting on my box to be delivered annd have been reading alot. Am i correct in thinking that there are 3 options to view live T.V which are:

1) PBnigma/OpenATV image loaded onto microSD card
    2) TVheadend + OScam
    3) VDR + OScam?
    My box is the openelec so I plan to leave openelec on the box and boot PBnigma/OpenATV image from the MicroSD card

Or are there any advantages that TVheadend + OScam has over the PBnigma/OpenATV e2 images?

Hope I made sense :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Only advantage would be that you won't need to switch off,remove sd card and then startup again just to boot into the openelec on the nand

• Advertisement

wiz569 wrote: »
    Only advantage would be that you won't need to switch off,remove sd card and then startup again just to boot into the openelec on the nand

Can you not switch from PBnigma into kodi without a reboot?

Yes there is also kodi in the enigma image too

Are you lads going the TVheadend route or the PBnigma route for live T.V?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭wiz569

Yes there is kodi in the image but I'm not sure if its as comprehensive as standalone version in the nand ,plus it might use more resources on the box as the e2 image plus its kodi add-on would be running at he same time,

Another benefit of tvheadend is the ability to connect other devices running kodi ,so you can watch your satellite channels on your other devices

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Anyone have any issues with tvheadend and its EPG? Mine keeps mixing up the channels and what's actually on. Eh. You could pick E4 and itv shows up.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Bartyman

finally getting a chance to set this up. Bit of a silver surfer, so forgive the questions if they seem a bit basic.

Is this the same as loading Kodi onto a PC, do I load onto an SD card and load onto the Wetek from there.

If I get Kodi running for the Christmas I'll be happy, the nephew will be home in the New Year, so we'll figure the rest out then.

Cheers

Openelec / kodi is on the box nand (own memory) when it arrives.
    You can add whatever ad dons . Repositorys or kodi build that u want.
    So u can be up and running in few minutes.
    Some add an enigma 2 image on an sd card separately
    Bartyman wrote: »
    finally getting a chance to set this up. Bit of a silver surfer, so forgive the questions if they seem a bit basic.

Is this the same as loading Kodi onto a PC, do I load onto an SD card and load onto the Wetek from there.

If I get Kodi running for the Christmas I'll be happy, the nephew will be home in the New Year, so we'll figure the rest out then.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,722 ✭✭✭niallb

RossieMan wrote: »
    Anyone have any issues with tvheadend and its EPG? Mine keeps mixing up the channels and what's actually on. Eh. You could pick E4 and itv shows up.
    Just go into TV in settings and clear the PVR database.

This happens if you reorganise channels on the backend,
    and may be caused in other ways, though I'm not sure what specifically.
    When your wetek box gets the list of channels from tvheadend it assigns them a number and order so if that changes in the backend, you need to force it to download them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

anyone running openatv enigma2 image on box.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭spuddy

I believe the remote supplied with the Wetek box purchased from the OpenELEC website doesn't support OpenATV (coloured buttons don't function).

Does anyone know if the OpenELEC supplied remote can be reprogrammed for use with OpenATV?

Advertisement