Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

Is the price discrepancy between dollar and euro due to shipping and customs? $220 v €269

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Paudee wrote: »
    Is the price discrepancy between dollar and euro due to shipping and customs? $220 v €269

They ship from the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

They ship from the UK

Mine came from Poland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭Paudee

They ship from the UK

Any idea why it's so much cheaper then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

Update received today for a camera fix, phone was really hot after applying. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Update received today for a camera fix, phone was really hot after applying. Anyone else?

I noticed mine has heated up after the update. I powered it off again so I'm going to give it a while and see what it's like then

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Yeah, mine was the same.....seems fine today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

Mine won't make any phone calls since the update. I don't know for sure if it's related but it worked fine before the update.
    Anyone else having similar issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Going to give my X a service today. Root unlock and flash CM 13 I think. Will let people know how it goes. Oxygen starting to annoy me with lack of decent updates or Marshmallow

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭NTC

pedatron wrote: »
    Going to give my X a service today. Root unlock and flash CM 13 I think. Will let people know how it goes. Oxygen starting to annoy me with lack of decent updates or Marshmallow

Have you a link to cm13?

So many unofficial versions. Looking for a decent one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-x-oneplus-x-onyx-t3279784

Picked busiest one

GApps: http://opengapps.org/ ARM - 6.0 - Mini

Very Snappy so far. Definitely more responsive. Hoping battery will be ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭NTC

pedatron wrote: »
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-x-oneplus-x-onyx-t3279784

Picked busiest one

GApps: http://opengapps.org/ ARM - 6.0 - Mini

Very Snappy so far. Definitely more responsive. Hoping battery will be ok!

thanks. let me know how the battery goes please.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭south

high horse wrote: »
    Mine won't make any phone calls since the update. I don't know for sure if it's related but it worked fine before the update.
    Anyone else having similar issues?

Mine was the same but didn't notice for a day. Clear data on phone & phone storage apps and it should work again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,011 ✭✭✭high horse

south wrote: »
    Mine was the same but didn't notice for a day. Clear data on phone & phone storage apps and it should work again

I got it working again by selecting LTE as the preferred network type. LTE was selected prior to the update but the update deselected it for some reason. There are far too many little annoyances like this with Oneplus, I'll be looking at other brands next time. I wouldn't buy another Oneplus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

high horse wrote: »
    I got it working again by selecting LTE as the preferred network type. LTE was selected prior to the update but the update deselected it for some reason. There are far too many little annoyances like this with Oneplus, I'll be looking at other brands next time. I wouldn't buy another Oneplus.

Issues after updates like this are software issues can happen with any brand Android, Samsung, LG, Motorola Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MackMack

Anyone know if the LTE on the X will work on Meteor? Seems like every thread I read gives different opinions on if it'll work or not. The specs on the oneplus website say it supports band 20 which is the band that meteor use isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Pool4Life

MackMack wrote: »
    Anyone know if the LTE on the X will work on Meteor? Seems like every thread I read gives different opinions on if it'll work or not. The specs on the oneplus website say it supports band 20 which is the band that meteor use isn't it?
    It comes and goes for me i just stick to 3g now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

http://willmyphonework.net/

yes it will work as long as you get the European version

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

My headphone socket is broken. It did not work correctly from the start (jack kept popping out) and now doesn't work at all. I think I am an isolated case but support from OnePlus is very bad. I have a ticket open for over a month now and haven't made any progress at all. They keep going around in circles, promising escalation, closing the ticket etc. Awful stuff.

Would make me think twice about buying from them again tbh.

5star02707 wrote: »
    http://willmyphonework.net/

yes it will work as long as you get the European version

Nice site. Going to be ordering it from the oneplus ireland site so should be safe enough to assume it'll be a european one they'll send me.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 seamqs

I've one in mint condition only used once up on adverts with a a 32gb SD card and champagne cover if anyone is interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I reliably get LTE with Meteor here in Galway.

Got the phone on Friday. Seems like a quality piece of kit. Camera isn't great but I rarely use it anyway. My 4G doesn't get activated until the end of the month so won't know for sure if it works until then. Quality phone for 270 quid though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

You get the latest update? I think camera is pretty decent.

Ya, I'm on 2.2.0.
    Main problem I have with the camera is changing the storage to the SD card instead of the internal memory. Very few options for changing the likes of resolution etc as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

My one doesn't pick up any Bluetooth devices, same?

Mine connected to my car via Bluetooth anyway. Is it seeing any devices when you go into the Bluetooth settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

only some, it doesnt see my headphones or the bluetooth in car.
    can see phones.

Weird. Is there an option in the car's bluetooth settings to make it visible? Might just be hidden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Zombienosh wrote: »
    You get the latest update? I think camera is pretty decent.

Yeah I don't think the camera is near as bad as people make it out to be.

Advertisement