Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

pedatron wrote: »
    Have in rice and in the hotpress! hopefully a few days will sort it! thanks!

Failing that, I managed to successfully retrieve my X after also dropping it down the loo (what is it about phones and toilets?!) by opening it up and washing (yes washing!) all the key parts in isopropyl alcohol. Everything came back bar the mic which was very muted, ended up having to buy a new mic part. Google isopropyl alcohol and phones to get the general idea. Google Oneplus X teardown to see how to open the X.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Does anyone know how to fix the voicemail notification issue? It constantly remind me I have a voicemail - when I click it - its supposed to dial voicemail - 171 - but it doesn't - not sure whats going wrong. Can you fix this?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Have they stopped manufacturing the Oneplus X?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

I've a problem with the OnePlus X:
    * the phone does not notify of any incoming calls or messages.
    * the phone displays the "No interruptions" icon in the status bar.
    * when attempting to change the volume with the buttons on the right side, the phone displays "No Interruptions", and the bell icon is grayed out (disabled).
    * in the Settings, under Sound & Notifications, the Ring Volume option is disabled.

All these are normal when the alert slider is at the top position. However:

* the above situation persists, regardless of the alert slider position!
    * when changing the slider, the phone displays the "No Interruptions" message, regardless of the new position of the slider.

I am not certain how long this situation has been going on, as I used to get all my notifications on my smartwatch anyway. However, since I have given the phone to my wife a few weeks ago, she can't use it, as she's constantly missing calls/messages.

On googling some more, I have found that this has happened to other people as well. See:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oneplus-x-slider-issue-not-working.437634
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/help/slider-stuck-interruptions-regardless-t3362735

Has anyone here encountered this issue? Is there any workaround? I have tried the suggestions in those posts, but no success.
    Phone is stock, up to date with the latest OS version (OTA update), and not rooted.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nqk.vibratemodeextended

It will reverse the slider functions, if it's broken, maybe it switches it to normal when in the top setting

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭JoyPad

jozi wrote: »
    Try this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nqk.vibratemodeextended

It will reverse the slider functions, if it's broken, maybe it switches it to normal when in the top setting

Thanks but I already tried that one, as it was suggested in one of the forums I linked above.

The problem does not seem to be hardware, as the phone definitely senses the change of the switch. The problem seems to exist in the software that is supposed to set the correct status when the switch position changes.

Instead of setting one of three states, it always sets the DND mode, regardless of the position of the switch. And the rest of the Android works from there, not giving me any audio notifications for calls, messages, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭bren2001

My Mam cracked her OPX screen last week. Is their anywhere in Dublin to get it fixed? She's gone into a few places to be told no.

Anyone experiencing random lockups? What is happening to me is that the phone won't come out of standby and the led will be purple, only thing I can do is keep the power button pressed until it turns off. SeSeems to happen randomly and up to a couple time a day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Anyone got Oneplus to replace a cracked screen? If so how much?

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭SmallBalls

Anyone got Oneplus to replace a cracked screen? If so how much?

I got quoted over 100 sterling from OnePlus......I didn't take them up on it :rolleyes:

Had a few other issues with the phone and their customer care was truly awful. I will never buy another OnePlus product because of it..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I'm going to have to replace this phone in the coming months, on the whole a massive disappointment, annoyed I bought into the hype.

The keyboard was a mess from day one. Constant lag and issues. I found a solution online recommending swiftkey which has removed the lag, but there are constant typos and I think its just slack the base keyboard doesn't work.

Video playback is an absolute joke. 1080p video playback from youtube, imdb, facebook constantly stuttering and out of sync with the audio, 720p just about works. Another solution online appears to be enabling dev mode and changing the player, but that hasn't worked.

Two major issues for me in day to day use, and seem to be two pretty highly complained issues about the phone and neither addressed by the company.

Actually going to take this opportunity to move onto an iphone for the first time ever, and see what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

TheDoc wrote: »
    Think I'm going to have to replace this phone in the coming months, on the whole a massive disappointment, annoyed I bought into the hype.

The keyboard was a mess from day one. Constant lag and issues. I found a solution online recommending swiftkey which has removed the lag, but there are constant typos and I think its just slack the base keyboard doesn't work.

Video playback is an absolute joke. 1080p video playback from youtube, imdb, facebook constantly stuttering and out of sync with the audio, 720p just about works. Another solution online appears to be enabling dev mode and changing the player, but that hasn't worked.

Two major issues for me in day to day use, and seem to be two pretty highly complained issues about the phone and neither addressed by the company.

Actually going to take this opportunity to move onto an iphone for the first time ever, and see what all the fuss is about
    If you haven't already done so, are you prepared to upgrade your phone to OnePlus' Marshmallow 6.0.1 community build?
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-1-1-mm-community-beta-for-oneplus-x.464812/

I upgraded a couple of weeks ago following the instructions on the download page and found it a quite straightforward process.

Overwhelming feedback from those who upgraded is that the video playback lag issue is pretty much resolved - I'm one of the very few who never noticed the issue tbh... I also haven't had the keyboard issue you mention - in fact I switched away from Swiftkey to Google Keyboard because I preferred Google's layout imo.

A couple of caveates though:
    1. Marshmallow's new app permissions settings conflicts are quite intrusive until you figure out how to configure them correctly app-by-app - the dreaded "Draw over other apps" headache - hopefully Android improve their implementation by 6.0.2 and make them more intuitive.
    2. Seems to have a minor bug whereby WiFi continues to use some battery %s even after it's been disabled - stops doing so after restarting the phone.
    3. Being a "Community Build" from OnePlus it is essentially a beta version albeit very tidy & stable imo - when OnePlus release the official update, you'll need to downgrade your phone back down to 2.x before it'll pick up the official OTA.

If upgrading/downgrading/upgrading again doesn't appeal to you, then I would strongly recommend you do nothing for a few more weeks until the official OTA update rolls out and then re-evaluate phone after upgrade - It's definitely coming and I've a feeling you may be be much happier (and not out of pocket!).

More user feedback fyi:
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-1-0-community-build-my-experience-so-far-overview-of-the-changes.461663/

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^
    Nice informative post testarossa40, thanks :)

I tried to upgrade to CM13 today, deleted the Os from my phone, and took 5 hours to fix haha.

Very misleading steps involved around some website refering to sdcard, where the OPX doesnt have one. So I'm unsure exactly how you load the ROM onto the phone, considering you need to wipe it ebforehand.

I was able to save things using sideloader, but custom roms weren't working, only the official OS went on from sideload.

I might look into the community build

I've been using CyanogenMod 13 for the last few months on my X and its been grand. This is the stable build thread on XDA...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3375221

Amazingly, CM 14, aka Android 7/Nougat, is also out now for the X, thread is here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-onyx-t3452150

I'd go with CM13 first, give 14 a few months to settle down. Note that we will never see an official OnePlus rom for 7/Nougat as the CPU/GPU in the X isn't supported by Qualcomm for the new mandatory graphics driver in 7. CM14 is obviously circumventing this but prolly by re-allowing the use of the old driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,137 ✭✭✭bren2001

I tried to upgrade to CM13 today, deleted the Os from my phone, and took 5 hours to fix haha.

Very misleading steps involved around some website refering to sdcard, where the OPX doesnt have one. So I'm unsure exactly how you load the ROM onto the phone, considering you need to wipe it ebforehand.

I was able to save things using sideloader, but custom roms weren't working, only the official OS went on from sideload.

I might look into the community build

The second sim slot is also an sdcard slot. Not sure if it will work for loading ROMs. Never done it.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    I've been using CyanogenMod 13 for the last few months on my X and its been grand. This is the stable build thread on XDA...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-kernel-unofficial-cyanogenmod-13-0-t3375221

Amazingly, CM 14, aka Android 7/Nougat, is also out now for the X, thread is here...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-14-onyx-t3452150

I'd go with CM13 first, give 14 a few months to settle down. Note that we will never see an official OnePlus rom for 7/Nougat as the CPU/GPU in the X isn't supported by Qualcomm for the new mandatory graphics driver in 7. CM14 is obviously circumventing this but prolly by re-allowing the use of the old driver.

TBH I've found it a bit of a disgrace how poor OnePlus have been with keeping the phone updated to the latest versions. Whatever about 7, not having six until this stage is ridiculous.

I came from the Nexus range where I'd be on the latest and greatest early doors.

Can't see myself buying another OnePlus phone in the future, its been a massively underwhelming phone and not really an upgrade as I had perceived.

I'm not big on apps, but the few I do use (related to gaming) are all stuttery and ****e.

I'll probably hold off until the official release considering I made such a bags of the flashing ROM thing, which also annoyed me. Being forced down that rabbit hole (that I've done plenty of times before, but I just hate doing) yesterday has turned me off even contemplating it again

bren2001 wrote: »
    The second sim slot is also an sdcard slot. Not sure if it will work for loading ROMs. Never done it.

I guess maybe that is the assumption made in these guides, that users recognise the SD card slot is the second sim slot. I actually wasn't aware of that, and bought it under the impression it had no SD card slot.

Which is fine, I'm not big in terms of storing data locally. 16GB phones are perfectly fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

TBH I've found it a bit of a disgrace how poor OnePlus have been with keeping the phone updated to the latest versions. Whatever about 7, not having six until this stage is ridiculous.

I came from the Nexus range where I'd be on the latest and greatest early doors.

Can't see myself buying another OnePlus phone in the future, its been a massively underwhelming phone and not really an upgrade as I had perceived.

I'm not big on apps, but the few I do use (related to gaming) are all stuttery and ****e.

I'll probably hold off until the official release considering I made such a bags of the flashing ROM thing, which also annoyed me. Being forced down that rabbit hole (that I've done plenty of times before, but I just hate doing) yesterday has turned me off even contemplating it again

A OnePlus x was never an upgrade from a Nexus, it's a budget to mid range phone not a flagship. Also, you cannot compare the upgrade path of any Android phone to that of the Google supported Nexus that gets updates on day one.

A OnePlus x was never an upgrade from a Nexus, it's a budget to mid range phone not a flagship. Also, you cannot compare the upgrade path of any Android phone to that of the Google supported Nexus that gets updates on day one.

Well yeah I gathered that from early on when I got it. I'm not really "into" phones so tend to go for advice.

Get the impression lots of people here were just buying into the marketing hype and assuming the X was going to be like the One, so got a lot of misinformation from here about it

• Advertisement

The X is like the ONE, or almost anyway, which by now is old tech. The cpu in it must be going on 4 years old now? Still fulfilling the task of being a phone quite well for me anyway but I'll prob upgrade in the new year.

Well yeah I gathered that from early on when I got it. I'm not really "into" phones so tend to go for advice.

Get the impression lots of people here were just buying into the marketing hype and assuming the X was going to be like the One, so got a lot of misinformation from here about it

The X has the same CPU as the One and they both have the same amount of memory. The X is basically the One with a smaller screen.

Hmm...I came from a Nexus 4, definitely didn't notice any significant bumps.

Might see how the $$$ looks next year and buy something proper.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

The Oneplus X is known not to perform as well as the Oneplus One gaming and performance wise. The X is a budget OnePlus phone with a sexy screen that favours a smaller, slimmer, slicker design over performance, which is why I purchased it and still absolutely love it.

If you wanted a significant performance bump from a Nexus 4 you would've been better going for the OP2, or even the OP1. For a real upgrade the recently released OnePlus 3 seems to be the best of the lot so far also; getting rave reviews across the board and holding its own against the new Samsungs and iPhones at a non-ridiculous price.

The Oneplus X is known not to perform as well as the Oneplus One gaming and performance wise. The X is a budget OnePlus phone with a sexy screen that favours a smaller, slimmer, slicker design over performance, which is why I purchased it and still absolutely love it.

If you wanted a significant performance bump from a Nexus 4 you would've been better going for the OP2, or even the OP1. For a real upgrade the recently released OnePlus 3 seems to be the best of the lot so far also; getting rave reviews across the board and holding its own against the new Samsungs and iPhones at a non-ridiculous price.
    Gotta chime in & agree here - loving my OPX since I got in in January. It's worked flawlessly, has good features, performs great, gotten 4-5 Oxygen OS bug fix/feature updates OTA from OP (plus MM beta), get up to 2 days battery life ~24hrs with normal usage), hasn't given me any bother at all, and still attracts compliments from friends & colleagues. Tbh, it doesn't feel or seem in any way "budget", "old", or "disgrace", etc to me. Really not understanding the hate at all - maybe something with an Apple logo might suit those people better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Still loving this yoke, yet the mi 5s is catching my eye, if the price bracket is good think I'll look to sell this and go to that.

Work in construction no screen protector so a few scratches on front screen and a few falls but with stood them to most part with just the original gel case.

Just a little dent on the bottom left corner, from a fall from my pocket when I was on the bicycle going near full tilt.

Tldr. Love this phone lol but yeah time to move on.

Really not understanding the hate at all - maybe something with an Apple logo might suit those people better...

I've never owed an iPhone. I've been on Android before it was available in this country :)

I've never been on spending big on phones. 379 probably the most I've spent and tat was the Nexus 4.

HTC Desire, Samsung S2,Nexus 4 and then this has been my smartphone path. This by far the least impressive.

Simply put keyboard again videoplayback issues are basic stuff, and that's going to put a phone down.

And then seeing they are software issues and the manufacturer doing little to nothing about it just makes me want to avoid supporting the product or company in the future.

Other then that the phone is fine. I don't use many apps or do anything mad with m phone. So to have two core features unbearable and broken Isa pretty infuriating experience.

I've never owed an iPhone. I've been on Android before it was available in this country :)

I've never been on spending big on phones. 379 probably the most I've spent and tat was the Nexus 4.

HTC Desire, Samsung S2,Nexus 4 and then this has been my smartphone path. This by far the least impressive.

Simply put keyboard again videoplayback issues are basic stuff, and that's going to put a phone down.

And then seeing they are software issues and the manufacturer doing little to nothing about it just makes me want to avoid supporting the product or company in the future.

Other then that the phone is fine. I don't use many apps or do anything mad with m phone. So to have two core features unbearable and broken Isa pretty infuriating experience.
    Sounds like you need a new phone asap - the fact that there are fixes available to your issues patently won't change your mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Just spotted an update for my OneX that will install some updates to allow the upgrade to Marshmallow. So it appears android 6 is coming after all....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

If buying direct from One plus in the coming weeks, I'd assume it would have this pre installed?

Advertisement