Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options
  • 29-10-2015 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭

Just announced. Looks a nice phone for the money. Haven't heard a price in euros yet but it'll cost $250 in the states. What standard of phone you can actually get for the money is getting better every week.

MKBHD

Android Authority

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

€269 for the 16GB but it does allow for SD cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭BeanFlicker

Looks good for the money and great that it has the SD slot.

Now if only OnePlus got rid of that ****e invite system I would be happy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Looks good for the money and great that it has the SD slot.

Now if only OnePlus got rid of that ****e invite system I would be happy!!

They have confirmed that the invite system for this phone will only be for the 1st month. So at least that's a step in the right direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Looks quality for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

davo2001 wrote: »
    They have confirmed that the invite system for this phone will only be for the 1st month. So at least that's a step in the right direction.

Won't believe it till I see it.
    They'll no doubt have some stock shortages to make buying it a pain in the hoop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

I understand their invite policy and why they do it. They are not a multi billion dollar company like Samsung or Apple that can just write off millions in unsold stock. To deliver phones of this value and quality they have to have the demand and then produce accordingly. A huge amount of unsold handsets sitting in a warehouse somewhere would bankrupt such a young company.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Dard23

It also does look like a great phone, the Snapdragon 801 which is the only apparent cost cutting part used is still a great chip! Better than the midrange 615 and 617s of this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

looks great for the price

on the plus side -
    size (those damn big phones wreck my head!)
    expandable storage
    decent battery
    great features
    camera looks decent

on the minus side -
    no NFC
    no USB C
    glass back - dodgy - needs a cover to protect it
    no fingerprint reader
    invites :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

It looks really good for the price to be fair.

I still think I'm going to buy the OP2 tonight though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

looks great for the price

on the plus side -
    size (those damn big phones wreck my head!)
    expandable storage
    decent battery
    great features
    camera looks decent

on the minus side -
    no NFC
    no USB C
    glass back - dodgy - needs a cover to protect it
    no fingerprint reader
    invites :(

Looks awesome but the lack of NFC once again from this company is really starting to get annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Won't believe it till I see it.
    They'll no doubt have some stock shortages to make buying it a pain in the hoop.

They'll be having weekly open sales

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

Venom wrote: »
    Looks awesome but the lack of NFC once again from this company is really starting to get annoying.

What other uses bar contactless payment might people be using NFC daily for? Genuine question. I've never really seen people using it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

pedatron wrote: »
    What other uses bar contactless payment might people be using NFC daily for? Genuine question. I've never really seen people using it.

I use it to connect to some Bluetooth speakers we have around the house and I have 1 tag also to put the phone on silent on my night stand but I suppose I could use a timer for that or maybe something like the AutomatIt app.

However if I buy a phone I would expect to keep it for 18mths to 2 years and I think in 2 years time contactless payments will be in full swing here so no NFC is a real turn off for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,240 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

pedatron wrote: »

I use it to connect to my fitband and to my Bluetooth speakers,

I applied for an invite so if I happen to get it I'll pass it one to someone here if they want it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I just got an invite for the OPX. Now to decide if I want it or not.

I just put my name on the reservation list this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

^^ That was quick. Buy it and write a review for us :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,821 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

coldfire1x wrote: »
    ^^ That was quick. Buy it and write a review for us :D

I'm very tempted to be honest. I have a OPO now and bought a OPT for my brother.

Was going to go with a OPT myself but this looks like a good option.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

If this had a finger print scanner I would be all over it. It would beat the 5X. I'll stick with my 1+1 for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I'm very tempted to be honest. I have a OPO now and bought a OPT for my brother.

It's actually looks quite good for the price. How much is that in euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭pedatron

moleyv wrote: »
    If this had a finger print scanner I would be all over it. It would beat the 5X. I'll stick with my 1+1 for now.

This phone with a fingerprint sensor and I'm 100%. I have a 1+1 atm as well so I'm still thinking about it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭beecee

emmetkenny wrote: »

Didn't think they'd be sending invites till they were on sale. If you decide not to use it I'd love to! I signed up this morning so hopefully I'll get one anyway.

beecee wrote: »
    Didn't think they'd be sending invites till they were on sale. If you decide not to use it I'd love to! I signed up this morning so hopefully I'll get one anyway.

I think they said they were going to release 1000 early invites but you can't use them till November 5th

• Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Signed up for the list this morning too - if I get one in the next couple of days I will order and post a review. If the invites turn out to be similar to the One Plus Two, then I will go for a Xiaomi or Zuk Z1 or similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

looks like a very good phone, however ill likely never get another OPO handset again unless they scrap once and for all this utterly ridiculous invite system which annoys and alienates people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

+ it has FM radio
    Some of us still use that! (Hey it's not the same as aonlineradio etc which use/need data connection)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭JoyPad

beecee wrote: »

Got mine yesterday. These invites are not shareable.
    Please note: This invite can only be claimed under this email address.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

coldfire1x wrote: »
    It's actually looks quite good for the price. How much is that in euro?

€269, I'm thinking about getting this for the missus to replace a nexus 4

The card slot on this can either take two SIM cards or a SIM and SD card. There's a few little cutbacks, no NFC which would not be an issue for most and only wireless "n", no "ac". Other than that it's cracking value

Advertisement