Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

TheDoc wrote: »
    oh I see, so the issue is with Facebook?

Yes, they broke all ties with Google some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,265 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lads did Customs hold any of yours?

Just got a text from DHL telling me its at Customs and Excise and they are looking for an EORI number, proof of payment etc.

Have no idea what an EORI number is

Update on this,

DHL want 77 euro for customs and VAT charges, I dont understand this at all, I bought from their Irish OnePlus site.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

Update on this,

DHL want 77 euro for customs and VAT charges, I dont understand this at all, I bought from their Irish OnePlus site.

how and why? talk to oneplus support page and mention that to them. they have been paid for by oneplus.

5star02707 wrote: »
    how and why? talk to oneplus support page and mention that to them. they have been paid for by oneplus.

I believe that there is an issue with oneplus shipping from HongKong with DHL where they cannot display that the customs has been paid.

Hopefully the refund will be straightforward.

I believe that there is an issue with oneplus shipping from HongKong with DHL where they cannot display that the customs has been paid.

Hopefully the refund will be straightforward.

wait you paid the 77euros? i just raised a ticket there on oneplus asking about this kind of thing

• Advertisement

Yeah I paid it, the phone is Christmas gift so no real choice, I couldnt get another one shipped by next week if they returned it.

Yeah I paid it, the phone is Christmas gift so no real choice, I couldnt get another one shipped by next week if they returned it.

alright yeah, i hope the refund works in your favour. i still don't have my phone still on the plane should get it by friday the latest,.

• Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

Update on this,

Madness. Had one come through no problem this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Leslie91

Got the 24 hr invite lads... and 'claimed it'. But did not buy the phone there and then.

Logged back in some time later and went to buy with invite but it is saying invite has been used. Assume many have seen this before?, know how to rescue it/use it?

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭ianob7

@Leslie91 iirc once you "claim" it you have 72 hours to purchase. Hope this helps

• Advertisement

Update on this,

Just received mine and no customs nor vat charges. Thing is a beauty!

Looks a nice case but too good to be true from Spigen?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Spigen-OnePlus-Rugged-Armor-SGP11819/dp/B017UILJB8/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1449758319&sr=8-14&keywords=oneplus+x#moreAboutThisProduct

Official Spigen Site: looks the real deal

http://www.spigen.com/products/oneplus-x-case-rugged-armor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

Anyone else having issues with Whatsapp connectivity and notifications.

I've been noticing that while my phone is locked, sometimes the whatsapp notifications don't come through but once I unlock the phone, they come through all at once.
    I use the Whatsapp Web on the computer, this needs constant communication with the phone, so sometimes it says it has lost the connection with the phone which implies that the phone is sending or receiving signals when in fact, the screen is just locked.

I have nothing on the phone which would stop the connection like battery savers or background data turned off. I don't know.

• Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

I've noticed the homescreen google search bar doesnt entirely work. Try hitting the microphone to activate a voice search. It does nothing.

Noticed the first few seconds of youtube videos are jumpy sometimes too.

I've noticed the homescreen google search bar doesnt entirely work. Try hitting the microphone to activate a voice search. It does nothing.

Noticed the first few seconds of youtube videos are jumpy sometimes too.

Using Nova Launchers so got rid of the google search bar.

I've noticed the youtube videos alright. Also some videos embedded in Facebook are jumpy - like the phone can't process it quick enough

sebcity wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with Whatsapp connectivity and notifications.

I've been noticing that while my phone is locked, sometimes the whatsapp notifications don't come through but once I unlock the phone, they come through all at once.
    I use the Whatsapp Web on the computer, this needs constant communication with the phone, so sometimes it says it has lost the connection with the phone which implies that the phone is sending or receiving signals when in fact, the screen is just locked.

I have nothing on the phone which would stop the connection like battery savers or background data turned off. I don't know.

there is a setting when your phone is locked wifi will turn off. maybe yours is set to yes on it.

Wifi > Three dots on upper right > advanced > krrp wifi on during sleep.

alternatively if that doesnt work look around here:

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/do-anyone-have-a-problem-receiving-whatsapp-notification-in-onrplus-x.404062/

they solved it by updating to the latest update

there is a setting when your phone is locked wifi will turn off. maybe yours is set to yes on it.

Thanks, this happening with the wifi turned off anyway. I'd rarely use it outside my house

* Had that turned to always on anyway

Thanks, this happening with the wifi turned off anyway. I'd rarely use it outside my house

* Had that turned to always on anyway

seems like a lot of phones has it not just OPX. Says lollipop is the problem

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/late-notifications.415796/#post-14192303

Makes me feel better that its Android and not the phone! Thanks

Makes me feel better that its Android and not the phone! Thanks

by the way which version is your OPX? have you updated to the latest one? 2.1.3-x?

About phone -> OxygenOS Version

by the way which version is your OPX? have you updated to the latest one? 2.1.3-x?

About phone -> OxygenOS Version

Yeah, all up to date

• Advertisement

Yeah, all up to date

ok that's cool then. all down to lollipop. Marshmallow update will come maybe around March-June for the OPX

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

Ordered mine from Geekbuying last week and it was dispatched yesterday. Estimated delivery time is 15-30 days even though it's coming from the Netherlands. How is that even possible??

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

ko3p wrote: »
    Ordered mine from Geekbuying last week and it was dispatched yesterday. Estimated delivery time is 15-30 days even though it's coming from the Netherlands. How is that even possible??

Why did you order from Geek buying and not direct from OnePlus?

Why would you order from a third party?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ko3p

Why would you order from a third party?

Cheaper, plus the fact that Geekbuying are held in fairly high regard.

I don't see the point, is already cheap. Why deal with a third party for warranty when the option is there to by straight from the manufacturer.

How much did you actually save?

I've read the exact opposite.

How much are you saving?

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

How are you guys finding the last update in general?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

jamok wrote: »
    How are you guys finding the last update in general?

the latest one? 2.1.3.x?

Fine, running smoothly & better battery life, no problems.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,371 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Ive noticed my homescreen can a times be slow to load back up. ie. im in an app, and I hit the home button to close it and load the "desktop" and I get a freeze.

The odd time swype keyboard will load up, but when I type a word it doesnt show in the app. End up having to close the app and open it again (usually viber or google talk).

Youtube sometimes freezes on the first frame/thumbnail while I can hear the audio playing in the background. Again, closing the app and opening again fixes it.

Those are my few annoyances.

Advertisement