Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

zweton wrote: »
    only some, it doesnt see my headphones or the bluetooth in car.
    can see phones.

Possible car Bluetooth needs an update? I had this in the past on a BMW.

Anyone experience any problems with contacts being visible on phone that are in Google contacts in the cloud?

Went to call my plumber the other day but his number was not in contacts to dial, so checked my contacts via Google account on my laptop and all contacts were present but yet not listed on the phone?

Ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

eddiem74 wrote: »
    Anyone experience any problems with contacts being visible on phone that are in Google contacts in the cloud?

Went to call my plumber the other day but his number was not in contacts to dial, so checked my contacts via Google account on my laptop and all contacts were present but yet not listed on the phone?

Ideas?

Accounts, Google, make sure contacts is set to sync.
    Open contacts app, menu, contacts to display and set to Google

Accounts, Google, make sure contacts is set to sync.
    Open contacts app, menu, contacts to display and set to Google

Done all that, even removed and re-added the account... Really weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Was his number saved as 0871234567890 or +353871234567890?

I've noticed with some of my older contacts that don't have the county code that the phone doesn't make the connection between both formats.

• Advertisement

jozi wrote: »
    Was his number saved as 0871234567890 or +353871234567890?

I've noticed with some of my older contacts that don't have the county code that the phone doesn't make the connection between both formats.

Done a big cleanup of my contacts via desktop today and removed/re-added my account and all seems back to normal now.

I run a contacts optimiser app on the Google contacts on my phone every so often, it makes suggestions to duplicates, merge, delete, capitalising and add international codes before the numbers

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.compelson.optimizer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

So have convinced myself i need a new phone and have had my eye on the OPX for a while now.I don't see a better phone for the money.

Any users willing to give their thoughts,either positive or negative on their experience to date would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

I've had mine for nearly 6 months. I had a Motorola Moto g (Gen 2) before this which apart from dying after 6 months I really liked!
    Overall I'm happy with Oneplus X considering the price.

Pros:
    Good quality display.
    Feels solid/well made- looks cool/Nice and slim.
    Have received lots of updates
    Have had no 'glitches' etc which the Moto G was pretty bad for.
    It has pretty much stock android which is great.
    It's something a bit different so there is a certain smugness factor! :pac:

Cons:
    Despite having bought a case- (thin bamboo one admittedly!) the glass back has shattered. Yes I drop my phone all the time but no more than anyone else I wouldn't have thought! The phone still works fine but does look a bit worse for wear. Get a decent case is my advice!
    The battery life is adequate but no more.
    The charger that accompanied the phone looks cool but is pretty rubbish in that the cable detaches from the charger very easily. The phone might not actually be charging when you think it is. Just keep your old charger- not a big deal.

That's my honest review. I'm not very techie- I use the phone for calls/whatsapp, Netflix/youtube, google maps etc and it's grand. The camera is fine/nothing special but about what you'd expect for the money.

Overall, if I had to go out and replace it tomorrow I reckon I'd still struggle to find something much better for the money. I hope to get another year + out of it and then we'll see- maybe the new Nexus. For my next phone I'll definitely be looking for more than 16gb.

Thanks for the detailed write up,very informative.

I'm using a moto g first gen which is showing its age and got ruined by the lollipop update.

Have read a fair bit on the OPX and am aware there has been certain software glitches but I can live with that as it seems to have good support with regular updates.Will give give it a go and take your advice on a decent case!

• Advertisement

More Pros I forgot!

It has a 'silent' button on the side. It's a rip off from the IPhone but it's such a handy little feature that I'd miss on any future device.

It has a built-in FM radio which has come in very handy a couple of times when in areas with no/poor internet coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

For my next phone I'll definitely be looking for more than 16gb.

Is internal memory a concern for you even when you have the expandable sd card slot?

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MackMack

Having lived with mine now for a few weeks I'm very impressed with it. Don't think you'll get anything like it for the money. The Nexus 5x is an extra €110 in Argos at he moment and having played with it for a few minutes it doesn't really have much extra on it compared to the OPX apart from a better camera, but it lacks removable storage and the FM Radio.

Only thing that disappoints me is the FM Radio is a bit crap, it doesn't let you save stations as presets, unless I'm not looking hard enough.
    Oh, and thin vertical flip cases are impossible to find for it but that's not Onepluses fault :p

I'm not sure to be honest. I fully planned to get an SD card but as I don't really download many apps I haven't bothered.

Yes agreed the radio is pretty crap- nowhere near as good as the Moto G. Better than nothing though!

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Lads I've flashed the stable cm13 over and it runs very well. One thing that's annoying me is that it looks like I can't transfer apps to the sd card anymore. This is hardly possible is it? I had the feature on oxygen os running lollipop!

pedatron wrote: »
    Lads I've flashed the stable cm13 over and it runs very well. One thing that's annoying me is that it looks like I can't transfer apps to the sd card anymore. This is hardly possible is it? I had the feature on oxygen os running lollipop!

I remember this was a bug on oxygen when the phone originally shipped but an OTA update was released days later. It's a hardware restriction that needed a work around. Think you might have to stick to oxygen for this reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 richieot

I've had my oneplusx for a few months now and find some issues very irritating. When you double tap to wake the phone it lags for a good few seconds so I disabled that feature now us the power button only - but now that lags too so then you press it a few times to get any response then when you press hard it offers power off or reboot. Irritating as it happens every time.
    Latest problem is that the mobile data no longer functions on Sim 1 only Sim 2 which is a problem as I have sims from two countries and when roaming I have to swap the sims.
    Other than these two issues the phone is great and if they could resolve the problems it would be a perfect option over any other competitor. As it stands I would hesitate to recommend it to anyone!
    If anyone has had same issues and has managed to fix them I'd be happy to hear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

Have you updated to the latest ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 richieot

Think so Ox version 2.2.1 Android version 5.1.1
    Strangely the mobile data has suddenly returned to Sim 1 now so both. But these type of glitches do undermine confidence in the device.
    First world problems I know...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

richieot wrote: »
    Think so Ox version 2.2.1 Android version 5.1.1
    Strangely the mobile data has suddenly returned to Sim 1 now so both. But these type of glitches do undermine confidence in the device.
    First world problems I know...

I'd give CM13 a try if you're at the end of your tether. I've been running it for a couple of months now and its stable. Very smooth as well. Though I suspect you've just got a rogue app somewhere and doing a factory reset to Ox would fix you up.

Price reduced on the one plus site to €239,presumably because the 3 is due to be launched soon

Facebook has started crashing on CM13 on me the past 36 hours. It won't even open so had to uninstall. Fully reset the phone and still have the problem. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Anyone able to recommend a flip case for this that'll hold cash and cards? Buying the gf to replace a Vodafone Smart Prime 6 and the case she has for it is really useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Well Virgin just switched me over to LTE/4G.

I didn't even realise the One Plus X had 4G capability, thought it had not. Be interesting to see what speeds and performance are like.

Was meaning to post up here that OnePlus stated that the X line of phones is dead and will be only focusing on the flagship now. Pity. More a case of the OnePlus 2 being disappointing rather than the Oneplus X being bad I'd think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Was meaning to post up here that OnePlus stated that the X line of phones is dead and will be only focusing on the flagship now. Pity. More a case of the OnePlus 2 being disappointing rather than the Oneplus X being bad I'd think.

Wow thats weird, I love my OPX, touch wood not a bother. Great performance and functionality for the pricepoint. I don't tend to spend big money on phones, but really like this and the pricing was perfect for me.

Provide a nice bump over my Nexus 4 I had for YEARS

Dropped mine down the toilet last night. Devastated! Never ever drop phones let alone drop them down the toilet! Have it in rice and am saying prayers. Not looking good so far! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Dropped mine down the toilet last night. Devastated! Never ever drop phones let alone drop them down the toilet! Have it in rice and am saying prayers. Not looking good so far! :(

it will probably work again once completely dried out. dont turn it on or charge it for a few days. Leave it in the hot press.

last time i got a phone wet the issue was the screen. it has a white back to ensure you can see all colors on the screen, but damp got between the screen and this white background so you could always see little sploges on the screen when it was on. didnt affect funtionality but was very annoying.

Heres a google images (not my image) of what happens:

iphone_water_pool_468.jpg

• Advertisement

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    it will probably work again once completely dried out. dont turn it on or charge it for a few days. Leave it in the hot press.

last time i got a phone wet the issue was the screen. it has a white back to ensure you can see all colors on the screen, but damp got between the screen and this white background so you could always see little sploges on the screen when it was on. didnt affect funtionality but was very annoying.

Heres a google images (not my image) of what happens:

iphone_water_pool_468.jpg

Have in rice and in the hotpress! hopefully a few days will sort it! thanks!

Advertisement