Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭budgemook

Hi,

I got this phone when it came out and am mostly happy with it but there is one problem. My headphones don't seem to plug in fully. If I plug them in and don't move then it is okay but if I'm walking around with my phone in my pocket the headphones constantly pop out. It's like it just pops out half a millimetre or so. It's really annoying! It happens even without the protective cover it came with.

Anyone else have this problem or is it a manufacturing fault with my device?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

budgemook wrote: »
    Hi,

I got this phone when it came out and am mostly happy with it but there is one problem. My headphones don't seem to plug in fully. If I plug them in and don't move then it is okay but if I'm walking around with my phone in my pocket the headphones constantly pop out. It's like it just pops out half a millimetre or so. It's really annoying! It happens even without the protective cover it came with.

Anyone else have this problem or is it a manufacturing fault with my device?

I've bought two, both earphone jacks work perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭pedatron

Has anyone put a ROM on their oneplus x? I find my battery life very poor. Any bit of decent/average usage requires me to give the phone a bit of a charge at 6 or 7 each evening. I'd be tempted to root and flash a ROM if worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Anyone able to take advantage of the oneplusx open sale today? Website says it won't ship to my address

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭fabsoul

HoggyRS wrote: »
    Anyone able to take advantage of the oneplusx open sale today? Website says it won't ship to my address

you might be on the US site change to the Ire site

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these this evening. My Nexus 5 went for a bit of a swim yesterday :o It's back working but not in great condition.

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these this evening. My Nexus 5 went for a bit of a swim yesterday :o It's back working but not in great condition.

Just bought it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

Looking for some advice guys, I have a sony xperia z3 compact but I've managed to break the camera and now the screen so cant use it at all now. Will cost over €200 to repair. Is it worth repairing or would you guys recommend the one plus x?? Open invite until midnight tonight :confused:

HoneyBee78 wrote: »
    Looking for some advice guys, I have a sony xperia z3 compact but I've managed to break the camera and now the screen so cant use it at all now. Will cost over €200 to repair. Is it worth repairing or would you guys recommend the one plus x?? Open invite until midnight tonight :confused:

There's a huge difference in the battery life and the camera, apart from that it's generally similar. I switched from a normal Z3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭HoneyBee78

sebcity wrote: »
    There's a huge difference in the battery life and the camera, apart from that it's generally similar. I switched from a normal Z3.

Thanks for the reply :) How are you finding it? Absolutely love my Sony but very expensive to get repaired so Im thinking of going for the one plus x
    Using my old iphone 4 until I get sorted and I constantly have to charge it :(

HoneyBee78 wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply :) How are you finding it? Absolutely love my Sony but very expensive to get repaired so Im thinking of going for the one plus x
    Using my old iphone 4 until I get sorted and I constantly have to charge it :(

It's great. Does everything I need.
    It's quick, thin, great screen, easy to use. If the battery was a bit better it would be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

Edit: just found the volume for the alarm and by default it was set to 3/4 of the way up. If you can't hear that at full volume you're in a coma lol.

All the reviews of this phone I've seen so far point to a weak speaker compared to the oneplus one or oneplus two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

You no longer need invites for this phone

Spigen case arrived yesterday. Very good fit and well made. Protects the screen well also. Would recommend.

My battery life is very poor. I find myself giving my phone a second charge at 6 or 7 each evening to last me if I have to head out later that evening. Any tips? I'd flash CM12.1 if I felt it would help i'd do it in a FLASH!

.......see what I did there?
    :P

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭HoggyRS

Got my oneplusx today only about 3 days after ordering! very nice phone for the price, now to deal with all the being going "oneplus wha? what kinda fake phone is that?" :pac:

pedatron wrote: »
    Spigen case arrived yesterday. Very good fit and well made. Protects the screen well also. Would recommend.

Is this the Spigen case?
    http://www.spigen.com/collections/oneplus-2/products/oneplus-x-case-rugged-armor

Where did you order it from? Amazon?

Is this the Spigen case?
    http://www.spigen.com/collections/oneplus-2/products/oneplus-x-case-rugged-armor

Where did you order it from? Amazon?

That's it. Used the spigen.co.uk site. £9.99 via parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Charles Babbage

Has anyone used the dual SIM functionality of this phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Has anyone used the dual SIM functionality of this phone?

I used it on a trip recently. It works but it seemed to slow the phone down significantly, generally felt a little half baked. But as I say, it worked, was able to get calls, texts and data from the local sim while still being able to get calls and texts from my irish sim. Not something I'd want to have on all the time though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭dinorebel

Can anyone confirm this phone does have expandable storage? am getting conflicting stories from the review site's.

dinorebel wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm this phone does have expandable storage? am getting conflicting stories from the review site's.

yes you can add SD card in it but you will lose the option of having 2 sim cards.

it's either 1 sim card + 1 sd card or 2 sim cards

you can't have all 3 of them at the same time.

sd card of up to 128gb will work on the device.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭superflyninja

Pulled the trigger on one of these last night. Hope it gets here soon!

Pulled the trigger on one of these last night. Hope it gets here soon!

I ordered mine on Tuesday January 26th at around 10pm. It arrived on Tuesday February 2nd (yesterday).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

starting to seriously consider upgrading to this from a very aged and battered HTC M7. Was originally considering the OnePlus Two but this looks a lot prettier with premium look and build and it still has pretty good specs as far as I'm concerned. The great price is only a bonus. Been hearing mixed reports of the camera. I'm not really looking for a particularly high spec camera but is the OPx's decent?

Was looking at the similarly priced ZUK Z1 too and while the specs seem better in many respects the design is a little more bland compared to the OPx.

starting to seriously consider upgrading to this from a very aged and battered HTC M7. Was originally considering the OnePlus Two but this looks a lot prettier with premium look and build and it still has pretty good specs as far as I'm concerned. The great price is only a bonus. Been hearing mixed reports of the camera. I'm not really looking for a particularly high spec camera but is the OPx's decent?

Was looking at the similarly priced ZUK Z1 too and while the specs seem better in many respects the design is a little more bland compared to the OPx.

I have this phone but read the oneplus forums first
    https://forums.oneplus.net/forums/X/

don't get me wrong i love this phone and it's one of my great buys but then again people have always something to complain (esp to the camera) but for the price of 280 and free shipping it's definitely a bargain.

So i'd say do some research first, OnePlus customer service is terrible if something goes wrong it's going to be a long process. There are also alternatives out there like the Huawei P8, Mi 4/4c, Nexus 5x. Out of them I'd still stick to my OnePlus X

I ordered mine last Tuesday at about midnight and it was delivered on Friday. Great so far, super responsive,lovely feel and screen. Only thing is the controls on my headphones dont seem to work. There is volume and play/pause inline controls. Anyone any idea on how to get it working?

Only thing is the controls on my headphones dont seem to work. There is volume and play/pause inline controls. Anyone any idea on how to get it working?

Are they Oneplus headphones?

sebcity wrote: »
    Are they Oneplus headphones?
    Nope Sennheiser. I did some googling though and it seems normal they work fine on iOS but not so much on android.

• Advertisement

Nope Sennheiser. I did some googling though and it seems normal they work fine on iOS but not so much on android.

Yeah, I was going to say I've had phones that don't work with controlling earphones that aren't the same brand

Advertisement