Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭jamok

What sort of screen on time are you getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swailer

Anyone have one on three? I've just got mine delivered but it's not showing three in the network search...

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Lawntractor

Anybody having Bluetooth issues with the oneplus x can't get it to work satisfactory with a plantronics voyager, kia jeep or fiat van the Internet is full
    Of Bluetooth issues like mine so I am left with an useless phone as I give most of my time on te phone take bit of advice and buy something else
    Still waiting from a letter from customs looking or vat and duty on this when I bought it, it said shipping from the EU came from China

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭CSSE09

swailer wrote: »
    Anyone have one on three? I've just got mine delivered but it's not showing three in the network search...
    I'm with three, didn't have any problems though popped the sim in and it found it fine, shows up as "Hutchinson 3G IReland limited 4g" not sure if it matters but check to make sure the sim card is in slot 1 and not 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 swailer

CSSE09 wrote:
    I'm with three, didn't have any problems though popped the sim in and it found it fine, shows up as "Hutchinson 3G IReland limited 4g" not sure if it matters but check to make sure the sim card is in slot 1 and not 2?

Thanks it's working now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I have a invite for this phone if anybody wants it. Also I do not know if it is linked to my account or if I can share it.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭boardie100

hi,

how does this phones speaker compare with the htc?.... i really like the boom sound on htc but am interested in this phone at the price

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Manzoor14

boardie100 wrote: »
    hi,

how does this phones speaker compare with the htc?.... i really like the boom sound on htc but am interested in this phone at the price

For me the speaker is probably the worst part of the phone. I don't even use it for podcasts anymore, never mind music.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

boardie100 wrote: »
    hi,

Hmm, it's not great compared to my HTC m7.

Mainly for the alarms. HTC woke me up with the loudness of it every morning. With the X, I don't know, the volume is not great and it doesn't wake me up, which is really annoying, as I'm late for work since I got it the phone a lot.

I think I have to invest in a new LOUD alarm clock, cause this is pathetic.

So yeah, the 'speaker' compared to HTC is rubbish!

On another side note. Anyone recommend me a reliable alarm clock that I can set like 6 alarms to go off extremely loud?

Edit: I'm a deep sleeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Mainly for the alarms. HTC woke me up with the loudness of it every morning. With the X, I don't know, the volume is not great and it doesn't wake me up, which is really annoying, as I'm late for work since I got it the phone a lot.

On another side note. Anyone recommend me a reliable alarm clock that I can set like 6 alarms to go off extremely loud?

Really? The default alarm on the X is the loudest alarm I have ever heard. It's even louder than some alarm clock buzzers. I need to turn it down but can't see where to do it yet. I've had a lot of phones and none came close to how loud the X is.

Edit: just found the volume for the alarm and by default it was set to 3/4 of the way up. If you can't hear that at full volume you're in a coma lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Really? The default alarm on the X is the loudest alarm I have ever heard. It's even louder than some alarm clock buzzers. I need to turn it down but can't see where to do it yet. I've had a lot of phones and none came close to how loud the X is.

Edit: just found the volume for the alarm and by default it was set to 3/4 of the way up. If you can't hear that at full volume you're in a coma lol.

Haha as I said I'm a deep sleeper. The HTC m7 had pretty stereo speakers compared to this X. I have it at full volume too. Just doesn't wake me up. It's my only fault with the phone but it's a pretty big fault to me.

Otherwise the phone is great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭sebcity

I have the alarm sound at the lowest setting and still find it too loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,706 ✭✭✭sadie06

sebcity wrote: »
    I have the alarm sound at the lowest setting and still find it too loud!

You can set it to increase in volume as it goes off…that's how I got around it. It was scaring the b-jaysus out of me waking up at first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Just activated one of these for the missus on the 48 network with her number transferred to a new nano SIM and I can't get rid of the roaming R symbol on the mobile signal icon. Removed and re-added the APN settings but still can't get rid of it. Anyone any ideas or will it just go away in time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Because 48 is a virtual network operating on the Three network you need to have data roaming enabled for services to work as far as I am aware. The below may work but its dependant on phone/android version

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Dual SIM Settings* > General Settings > Roaming > Show roaming reminder = Never

Dingatron wrote: »
    Because 48 is a virtual network operating on the Three network you need to have data roaming enabled for services to work as far as I am aware. The below may work but its dependant on phone/android version

Settings > Wireless & Networks > Dual SIM Settings* > General Settings > Roaming > Show roaming reminder = Never

No such setting as dual Sim settings

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

I think its mentioned earlier that the only way to get this on Oxygen is to use Xposed (which requires you to root btw), there is a "National Roaming" xposed module...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/xposed/modules/xposed-national-roaming-t2420249

Also, now that it looks like we have a stable Cyanogenmode 12.1, you could flash that (a more severe remedy than Xposed though)...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/oneplus-x/orig-development/rom-cyanogenmod-12-1-oneplus-x-t3254072

OK, I'm not getting data at all in 48, tried everything, roaming, selecting o2 etc. Nothing seems to work. Anyone have this phone working on 48

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Try the following link if you haven't already. There's an automated service that worked on unlocked Vodafone Ultra 6 for me a few months back but the generic settings should work.

http://community.48months.ie/t5/Need-Help/Internet-not-working/m-p/8361#M2747

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I have mine working on 48, I am rooted and used an echoed module to hide the R symbol, although nut the above mentioned module.

I don't have data roaming enabled, not sure what settings I used but it works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Finzo

Has anyone else got the cheaper posting option of 6.95 ? 25 euro for postage seems like a lot. What do people think of the white option, it looks pretty nice from what I've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 mairinh

Recently got a Oneplus x, have noticed that it changes to Vodafone 2G, I'm with 3. Is it possible to stop this as I keep getting data roaming notifications that I think are linked.
    Sorry am not very techy so simple instructions will be needed, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Patww79 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

Having the same problem down in Killarney. Won't pick up any data and the r button is constantly on. I can't get any mobile data when my wife, also on 3 has no problem. Back to Dublin tomorrow, so probably be fine then, but it's very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

What's the cheapest option for buying the OnePlus X for Ireland? Is it through AliExpress or the OnePlus official Irish site: https://oneplus.net/ie/x

I don't mind waiting a few weeks extra, but concerned about Customs and warranty?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,234 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Better off going through the official site

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

GO through official website or else you might get stung by customs, also have the option of buying extra warranty from OnePlus.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

As some of the other sites claim to ship from the UK, so I assume Customs shouldn't be an issue? So the only issue is the warranty, but wondering if it's worth the extra €55?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,234 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

It could also be a Chinese version, there could be a difference in bands used, someone else will know the answer to this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

The only difference with the Chinese ones are software, some of them ha e hydrogen OS instead of oxygen, and some have some bloat ware pre installed.

Advertisement