Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oneplus X

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Slattsy wrote: »
    If buying direct from One plus in the coming weeks, I'd assume it would have this pre installed?

They have discontinued the X, don't think they are selling it anymore its been O/S for the last couple of months on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

To those who have updated - how is your battery doing? I installed the update this afternoon and my phone just won't seem to charge now. It dropped from ~60% to 0 in just a couple of hours

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

NATLOR wrote: »
    They have discontinued the X, don't think they are selling it anymore its been O/S for the last couple of months on their website

Ha!

Well, that's another phone off my ever dwindling list of possibilities!!

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MackMack

I installed the update last night and there's no difference with my battery usage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

Slattsy wrote: »
    Ha!

Well, that's another phone off my ever dwindling list of possibilities!!

Just spill for a Oneplus 3!

• Advertisement

delta214 wrote: »
    To those who have updated - how is your battery doing? I installed the update this afternoon and my phone just won't seem to charge now. It dropped from ~60% to 0 in just a couple of hours
    MackMack wrote: »
    I installed the update last night and there's no difference with my battery usage.

Yep my battery is fine. I don't think I've ever noticed my battery levels change after an update.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭delta214

Thanks guys. Must be something else going on then

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Just spill for a Oneplus 3!

Ha ha its too big.

That screensize and phone size is what im after :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

I've seen them then on other sites so you can still get them. There are other nice 5" phones to, recently got a xiaomi for my mother and it looks like a great phone

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭MackMack

Marshmallow has just been released for the X over the air. Everyone should have it within a few weeks at most.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Interesting, I got an update last night but it was not to 6. Hopefully it wont be too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

MackMack wrote: »
    Marshmallow has just been released for the X over the air. Everyone should have it within a few weeks at most.
    Corresponds to new Oxygen v3.1.3. Versions 2.2.3, 3.1.0 and 3.1.1 can OTA DIRECTLY to 3.1.3 without having to flash back to previous versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Just got and installed the M update,everything running smooth

I've been running paranoid android since it vane out for the opx, was thinking of going back to the stock is but now I definitely will one I get a chance

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ok my phone just got an update but it's totally ***ed. Freezing, unresponsive, totally unsable. What can I do?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Zascar wrote: »
    Ok my phone just got an update but it's totally ***ed. Freezing, unresponsive, totally unsable. What can I do?

Factory reset in recovery is the place to start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

I had the same issue after installing the patch, noticed Facebook app had been killing battery, uninstalled fb + messenger just to be safe, fully charged phone and reinstalled Facebook, working perfectly since.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I just received the OTA update to OxygenOS 3.1.3 which comes with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow. It's installing now.

I got it this morning. So what are the Marshmallow differences to look out for?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got my M update too, Will be interested to see if it addresses the issues I've had with the device. So far, seems a bit better.

• Advertisement

I've been running paranoid android in mine since they released marshmallow. Bit of a chore unrooting and what but but I got OxygenOS 3.1.3 flashed a few days ago and so far so good.

Battery might be a bit better than with paranoid android and maybe a little more polished in terms of features it off the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭testarossa40

I got it this morning. So what are the Marshmallow differences to look out for?
    All here in the first post: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/oxygenos-3-1-3-marshmallow-ota-for-oneplus-x.467520/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Battery life is shocking since update.
    50% lost overnight last night

Did anyone else have the problem with not being able to share or attach anything, some annoying warning about drawing over the screen?

I've had no problems what so ever, everything works as it should! My battery is at 40% since unplugging it Wed eve before going to bed.

Are you guys just updating every time there's an update?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Utah

Also noticed the radio stops after an hour now and won't work unless the phone is rebooted.
    jozi wrote: »
    Are you guys just updating every time there's an update?

System update?

Did anyone else have the problem with not being able to share or attach anything, some annoying warning about drawing over the screen?

Yeah got that warning and another about storage and it wouldn't let me use WhatsApp. Enabled Storage permission for WhatsApp and disabled another app I use that puts an overlay on the screen (Twilight - puts a reddish filter on screen at night to help your eyes). Then the warning went away and could re-enable that app afterwards. So check if you have any apps that fiddle with your phones overlay.

I think generally updating is fine but when there are a lot of changes (like upgrading to a new android version with many chances) I would do a factory reset as there's to much junk from several updates that can cause problems.

You guys experiencing problems would do well to factory reset, I'm almost certain it will fix all your problems and issues with the one drawback of having to backup everything and restore again

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

My phone and battery life has been great since I updated yesterday afternoon.

*touches wood with both hands & feet while having all fingers & toes crossed* :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,226 ✭✭✭emo72

I've sent mine back after I've cracked the screen. Will let Yous know what it costs

Advertisement