Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I have 3 tactics learned to a high familiarity, only ever use two really, one is a 433DM and the other is a 442, the back up I rarely use is a 4231.

Obviously lots of different roles and instructions with each, the 433 is more a possession based system where as the 442 is quite offensive. The possession one is the staple most of the time with a false 9 and two inside forwards either side. Works very well, now and then I change it up though and it is very handy to able to change tactics during the game and have players who are perfectly comfortable doing all 3 of them if needed.

I have found this version very rewarding, took a long time to perfect tactics and tweak them, tweaking them continually over a season also seems to help as the opposition tend to get used to what style you play so tweaking helps throw them off and render their gameplan pretty useless much of the time.

I am pretty much done with my initial save as I have not had a challenge in the league for 9 years now, winning each season by 20+ points, I lost once last year, won 35 and drew 2 in the league. Have won the Champions League the last 7 years running, FA cup 7 times in the 9, League cup 6 times, and last 4 in a row, Club world championship every year bar one. I don't sign any big name player (after season 1) Just keep scouting and signing young players will huge potential and turning them into superstars, both my full backs are now 22 and worth 58million and 65million respectively, bought when they were 17/18 for a combined fee of 5million

Similar story with my midfield and wingers, all very young and extremely talented. I find now I am literally just signing players for the future to be farmed out on loan after getting some tutoring and training experience at the club. They won't be needed for a long time for the most part, other then if one or two force their way into the team by being too good basically, as my left back and one of my starting centre midfielders did before the age of 20/21.

I have been saying in interviews that I think the time is coming for a new challenge, I am interested to see if I can replicate what I have done, build a club up from all the way from the youth system on, plenty of time has gone in to it so I don't want to just lose the save altogether Id like to see what else I can do

I enjoy watching 'Watchthespace' on Youtube - he has a series where he is taking a Giraltarian team from the bottom of their second division to the champions league. Apart from watching him do it, it has inspired me to take on challenges like this.

The MLS is another one that is challenging - a lot of extra rules around signing players. Interesting competition formats as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Got fired from Beziers. Started up a new game with Munster (Germany) in the 3 Liga, having a pretty good season so far. Its a lot easier than managing in the french league,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

After 10 years of promotion after promotions from the lowest leagues I just got sacked from a club I created. And it was a silly sacking too, season was over heading into summer break and board says performances better improve over the next month. Didn't play any games in the month, sacked. Absolutely disgusted. Doncaster hired me pretty much straight away but its not 'my' team anymore. Its not the team that smack built.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with the 2 as advanced playmaker and box to box / deep lying playmaker.

However I'm getting zero goals from these lads and the rare asssot. Rating wise they are solid.
    Any idea how to get these lads scoring goals.

Lots coming from the 3.

• Advertisement

Slattsy wrote: »
    I play a 4-2-3-1 formation with the 2 as advanced playmaker and box to box / deep lying playmaker.

However I'm getting zero goals from these lads and the rare goal. Any idea how to get these lads scoring goals.

Lots coming from the 3.

Who are the 2?

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

If I concede one more time from that cross that "bizarrely goes over the keepers head into the top corner" (think Ronaldinho v David Seamen), I will crack up.
    Thrown away at least 3 games this year by conceding from this stupid goal. And my keeper is a world class regen, cost me €45M and at 23 years of age has over 30 caps for France.

If I concede one more time from that cross that "bizarrely goes over the keepers head into the top corner" (think Ronaldinho v David Seamen), I will crack up.
    Thrown away at least 3 games this year by conceding from this stupid goal. And my keeper is a world class regen, cost me €45M and at 23 years of age has over 30 caps for France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Does tutoring really improve a young player? I cant i've noticed myself.
    Pter wrote: »
    It helps with mental attributes, i think....

Or not depending on the Tutors mental stats.

Currently in year 2037 on my journey man career. At Celtic now for the past 4 seasons trying to turn them into an Ajax when the comes to the youth system. Took over the job from Fabregas who was doing great but they were almost bottom of the league mid season when i took over, couldn't understand why until i seen the squad and they had no proper goalkeeper! They had two rubbish youth players one of which was on a rolling contract, ridiculous from the AI.
    Can kinda feel the boredom setting in a bit now with the save i think i might keep going until i can win the CL with Celtic, surprisingly got to the quarter final against Man Utd won 4-2 at home but then blew it 4-1 away, i was furious.
    The league is pretty boring , it's very easy to dominate when you're one of the big two. Almost went unbeaten last season just lost one game after one of my players was sent off. It is good for developing youth though as you can put in a couple of young players without worrying about losing.

Does anyone look after training themselves? Is it hard to keep up with, in terms of changing schedules and what not?Usually leave it to my assistant but in the Champions league with Villa this year and really think I could struggle unless i Improve at the back. In 2024 so few regens who I'm looking to retrain into positions and such, but can't do as assistant is looking after everything.

Somehow won the Europa League with Villa this year. Having finished 7th last year I was looking forward to a good run at Champions League places (strengthened the side). However it seems the amount of games caught up with us. League form just struggled all year, mainly due to a horrible fixture list at the beginning and at Christmas. Was around 15th come March, but when the easier fixtures kicked in we pushed on and got 11th. However, as I've won the Europa League, I get entered into the playoff stages of the champions league qualifiers, so it's going to be tough. Have roughly about 130M to spend, so massive summer ahead.

• Advertisement

Does anyone look after training themselves? Is it hard to keep up with, in terms of changing schedules and what not?Usually leave it to my assistant but in the Champions league with Villa this year and really think I could struggle unless i Improve at the back. In 2024 so few regens who I'm looking to retrain into positions and such, but can't do as assistant is looking after everything.

Somehow won the Europa League with Villa this year. Having finished 7th last year I was looking forward to a good run at Champions League places (strengthened the side). However it seems the amount of games caught up with us. League form just struggled all year, mainly due to a horrible fixture list at the beginning and at Christmas. Was around 15th come March, but when the easier fixtures kicked in we pushed on and got 11th. However, as I've won the Europa League, I get entered into the playoff stages of the champions league qualifiers, so it's going to be tough. Have roughly about 130M to spend, so massive summer ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Normally pick this up straight away but decided to hold off and let the devs squash the bugs.

Bought it last night and installed all option files. Started with Leeds in hope of doing a total youth revamp.
    I've practically zero funds so had to rely and getting 2 loans in. Got Aarons from Newcastle so i've 10K left for wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Where is the cheapest place to get a steam key for it now?

£34.99 is a bit too much.

Where is the cheapest place to get a steam key for it now?

£34.99 is a bit too much.

http://www.g2play.net/category/22106/football-manager-2016-steam-cd-key/

€27.90

Finally found a tactic that is making the game fun to play. Started a new game with Munster (in German 3 Liga) and got promoted to the 2BL and the money in it is great, in saying that, the second season is underway and I brought in 11 free transfers with 3 loans. Much better value that way.

Whats the tactic?

He's playing 15 players with Munster :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

Lads

Any way out of this? Currently in Feb 2024 and 7 points clear at the top of the prem.

Will admin be -10 points or -15 points and will it be this season or next?

HFqCZ4u.jpg

4LnJbxt.jpg

Anyone know how long it takes to train a player in a new role? I have a striker that can only play Defensive Forward and i want him to play advanced forward.

He's been training his new role for 2 months with no change. Maybe i need to be play him more.

Pter wrote: »
    Whats the tactic?

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/445566-Liverpool-Possession-Tactic-with-a-Very-Attacking-intent!-Ultimate-Doom!

Although in saying that, no tactic will last, they've gotten rid of tactic's that dominate in my own experience. I'm bating teams off the park stats wise and still getting beat in terms of results, the game is screwed up.
    He's playing 15 players with Munster :D

Haha!!
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Anyone know how long it takes to train a player in a new role? I have a striker that can only play Defensive Forward and i want him to play advanced forward.

He's been training his new role for 2 months with no change. Maybe i need to be play him more.

you have to play them in that position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Nolars

First FM I haven't bought and played in about 6 years :( Getting the itch bad now but will need to buy a new laptop... How is this years game compared to last years???

My girlfriend made me this giant framed A1 poster for Valentines Day, currently pride of place on my lounge wall

Elland Rd in the background aswell :D

wszeTIk.jpg

She's a keeper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

That's brilliant, it'd make me wish I hadn't gone digital for the last 5/6...

Print out cost 8 quid in Reeds and frame 14 quid in IKEA

I'll upload the photoshop doc if anyone wants it (obviously minus Elland RD in background :) )

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Texas Jack wrote: »
    My girlfriend made me this giant framed A1 poster for Valentines Day, currently pride of place on my lounge wall

Elland Rd in the background aswell :D

http://i.imgur.com/wszeTIk.jpg

Does your girlfriend look like this, because if she does...

91a19c4b1f202783e3215a29dae21c55.jpg

:D :pac:

Nolars wrote: »
    First FM I haven't bought and played in about 6 years :( Getting the itch bad now but will need to buy a new laptop... How is this years game compared to last years???

It's a lot harder, ME is a bit of a beeatch

Won 2BL with Munster, finished equal on points with Werder Bremen but we had a GD of +2 goals more than them. I was literally biting my nails!!

Thats the 2BL to add to my 3BL win!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I'm after becoming worse than useless at this game. Cant win for love nor money. No idea what's gone wrong or how to fix it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,825 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I've completely abandoned it.

Advertisement