Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

zqtQJMK.png

s2g1u5c.png

ne9AYXG.png

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Haha, brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Great feedback there lads, plenty of handy tips! Love a good FM discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I get bored sometimes of scoring (for & against me) from crosses, it is quite repetitive. FM16 plays like a dream but FM15 seems to lag a little during matches for some strange reason :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Are European games still massively skewed in favour of teams from your country?

I finally qualified for the Europa and it was all English teams in the semis and then my first game in the champions league the following season I hammered Barcelona 4-1 and then lost 2-0 to Swansea in the league the next week with the exact same team!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

I've been finding Europe far easier in this game than previous ones. I regularly hammer sides like barca and real in the knockout stage. I've taken part in 6 champions leagues won 2 with newcastle and lost a final with liverpool to newcastle. I brought newcastle to 4 leagues in 5 years and 2 champions leagues before liverpool offered me the job and I left the strongest Newcastle team I had to go to them. One player over 25 in my team when I left to an aging useless liverpool team. 2 years on we're champions and a penalty shootout loss stopped the treble. ****in Newcastle

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I must be doing something wrong because I'm finding it the hardest FM to crack.

Been with Munster (German team) for 12 seasons and brought them from 3 Liga to the finish of this season of second in the Bundesliga and won the Europa League.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

How are your scouting networks. Good coaches and decent training facilities will turn a player of 5 million into 30 million in 18 months and go from there. I have a 442 for europe which i use. Includes a DM but in the league I tend to use 4231 with no DM.

I'll often use my 442 for a tough league fixture aswell if needed. I concentrate so much on coaches and training though. For years I overlooked the value of fitness training during the season but really am seeing that in this FM. I used to have awful injuries but 5 star fitness training ends a lot of that. Won everything with newcastle and only had 3 center backs and 2 CFs. My spare CB started 5 games out of 50 odd. Plenty of sub apps but I put it down to the fitness training.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Still with Shalke lads, i think its the 2024/25 season. Churning out young lads like there's no tomorrow, unbelievable youth system.

Went 4-4-2 for the first time last season and won the league well, its always hard to beat Bayern but i've won the last 4 from 9 i think. Have won the Champions League 4 or 5 times in that period also, so i've a really strong team.

Whats the most offensive have you gone in the game?

Im considering 3 at the back, 2 centre mids, 3 attacking mids, and 2 up top !!

Yeah I always look to try and get the best coaches. I do a month of fitness training during pre-season and leave it on balanced for the season.

I think I've finally got a tactic that is providing good results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Slattsy wrote: »
    Whats the most offensive have you gone in the game?

Im considering 3 at the back, 2 centre mids, 3 attacking mids, and 2 up top !!

Playing with San Marino before and was getting hammered 6-0 at half time so thought fuck it. Went something like 1-4-2-3 for the second half and came away with a 9-2 loss. Only 3-2 if you ignore the first half :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    Playing with San Marino before and was getting hammered 6-0 at half time so thought fuck it. Went something like 1-4-2-3 for the second half and came away with a 9-2 loss. Only 3-2 if you ignore the first half :pac:

The San Marino challenge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Started a game with Galway United, the best thing about managing in Ireland is that no matter who I sign they are a star in the league :D

I love playing LLM football, there is a real game breaking bug in the game. If the stadium needs to be expanded by 2000 seats, the capacity doesn't go up by 2000, your new capacity is changed to 2000 instead. :mad::mad:

This bug ruins LLM football. I will have to go back to FM15. I am not spending all my time in the editor constantly

Vahevala wrote: »
    I love playing LLM football, there is a real game breaking bug in the game. If the stadium needs to be expanded by 2000 seats, the capacity doesn't go up by 2000, your new capacity is changed to 2000 instead. :mad::mad:

This bug ruins LLM football. I will have to go back to FM15. I am not spending all my time in the editor constantly

How many seats did you have beforehand? A lot of lower league teams only have standing room. Seats take up more room so you'd have a smaller capacity if you've recently been promoted to a league that now requires proper seating instead of standing room.

How many seats did you have beforehand? A lot of lower league teams only have standing room. Seats take up more room so you'd have a smaller capacity if you've recently been promoted to a league that now requires proper seating instead of standing room.

I will check but saw a post on the SI forums which said:

Managing Fortuna Köln, got promoted. Stadium started on 1918 seats, 14944 total. After 500 seat expansion I get 2418 all-seater! So all the standing seats are gone. This must be a bug...

I had FC Utd, first expansion I think went from about 2,500... down to about 1,700! But it was from standing to seating as you said. A few other odd ones here or there (partly due to being such a small club - think I had an expansion of 230 extra seats at one stage :pac: ) but now it's on 20,000 [capacity], and I'm itching for a new stadium altogether!

Billy86 wrote: »
    I had FC Utd, first expansion I think went from about 2,500... down to about 1,700! But it was from standing to seating as you said. A few other odd ones here or there (partly due to being such a small club - think I had an expansion of 230 extra seats at one stage :pac: ) but now it's on 20,000 [capacity], and I'm itching for a new stadium altogether!

I guess it is either something that I have to put up with or go back to FM15, I guess it will be happening to AI clubs as well. Shame that this huge bug slipped through the net!

I don't know that it is a bug to be honest, I got up to 20,000 eventually. The step back to 1,700 was to accommodate seating which makes sense and I can't remember since I'm 20 seasons deep ( :o ) but I think my revenue still increased albeit marginally as a result - more $$$ per ticket since seated and not standing.

Vahevala wrote: »
    I will check but saw a post on the SI forums which said:

Managing Fortuna Köln, got promoted. Stadium started on 1918 seats, 14944 total. After 500 seat expansion I get 2418 all-seater! So all the standing seats are gone. This must be a bug...

I don't see how it is a bug. It was expanded by exactly 500 and the promotion likely meant the league rules don't allow standing areas anymore. Only the lower leagues allow standing area. Once you hit a certain level, that capacity is gone as the league you're in doesn't allow standing areas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,824 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I don't see how it is a bug. It was expanded by exactly 500 and the promotion likely meant the league rules don't allow standing areas anymore. Only the lower leagues allow standing area. Once you hit a certain level, that capacity is gone as the league you're in doesn't allow standing areas.

But it's unlikely that 500 seats took up nearly 13,000 standing spaces though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Mars Bar wrote: »
    But it's unlikely that 500 seats took up nearly 13,000 standing spaces though!

The standing space is still there. You just can't use it during matches as standing tickets are not allowed. Therefore the only capacity you have is your seats.

I saw this posted on the SI site:
    At Maidenhead I got them promoted and to meet the requirements of the National League they only needed to install 100 seats

Ground Capacity was 4,500 (with 400 seats) - National League is minimum 500 seats

Once the work was done I was left with a 500 capacity all seater stadium!

In turn my average attendance wen't down, my income went down and the board reduced my wage budget!

That makes sense though, since you can't have standing tickets above Conference level, as best I know. Converting those 4,000 standing tickets (or 14,000 in the Koln case) would probably cost more than those clubs can afford, as was the case I had with FC United.

SI have admitted that it is a bug but won't be fixed. :mad: Their solution is for us to go in and manually remove the rules on the stadiums in the editor :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Texas Jack

This thread has been strangely quiet recently :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Texas Jack wrote: »
    This thread has been strangely quiet recently :(
    This year didn't grab me for some reason... Haven't opened it in a month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I haven't been able to motivate myself to play for a while tbh. Changing tactics for every game has lost its charm.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Into 2026 with Shalke. Ranked the best team in Europe for the past 4/5 years and still players want to leave when the likes of PSG and Monaco show an interest!

Im unbeatable in the league as Bayerns stars are now old/retired and Stuttgart are now my closest rivals!

No other team has ever approached me for a vacant managers role - i do find that odd!

• Advertisement

This years game hasnt been as good/fun to play as previous versions

Advertisement