Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options
1111213141517»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

I got into a debate with Miles Jacobsen himself on Facebook. While I am a fan of his work, it is hilarious how delusional his arguments were. He claimed no other website offered the game at more than €5 less than Steam (€54.99 on steam FYI). I have a receipt showing my purchase from a 3rd party was almost €25 less.

Even with the the maximum discount, 3rd party sites are cheaper. Reviews of such sites can be found, along with information on if the game is geoblocked. Further security can be added by purchasing via PayPal etc.

FM16 is 55 euros on steam , same price as FM17! But on amazon uk its 15.49!

how can steam still offer it at that price is beyond me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

FM16 is 55 euros on steam , same price as FM17! But on amazon uk its 15.49!

how can steam still offer it at that price is beyond me

Kind of like gamestop here.

Loads of people who play pc games think steam is the only place to buy games eg like gamestop for the consoles.

This is why they get away with full retail for games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    I've found that instead of rejecting the offer, negotiate and ask for something like £200M with every add on you can. Basically make it unacceptable. The other club will pull out 99.99% of the time. If the player complains you can tell him youll let him go if someone meets your valuation. That usually makes him like you despite the tactic you're using to keep him. The 0.01% of time where it doesn't work happened to me. Barcelona accepted my outrageous demands and the transfer was agreed but then cancelled when they couldn't afford the payment. It's win-win. You either keep a happy player or you get an insane amount of money.

Danial Levy is that you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,052 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

What changes would people like see in FM17?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

for the game to be more fun

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,052 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Mc Love wrote: »

for the game to be more fun
    Fun usually means though that it's where people want be winning trebles within 3-4 years.

I think it should be fun, but also just little realistic too. Your style and formation should only work with right players and league. I don't want game be major difficult, but it should be some bit realistic.

You should be unable to won league with Barca playing direct football and same with Real playing tika taca.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I've never found a version that I didn't eventually get a tactic to use for every match and any club. This year is no different

Turned the game on there, first time in ages, with all the talk of FM17 - I'd say i would give it another chance. Loaded up a previous game, and while not perfect by any means, I'm doing ok.

That didnt last long! Game is utterly ridiculous. AI is way too strong! I've preordered 17 and I'm hoping its better than this crap

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

It was definitely the most difficult AI I've seen in the game... I agree with making it harder but the result seemed to be that you had to find a specific tactic to work and then change it every season too. I'd really like to see some sort of metric to show how comfortable each player is with the system you're trying to implement, sure it will show you that Andy Carroll is a crap false 9 but it's be interesting to see something that shows that despite Costa being a good Complete Forward he doesn't feel comfortable playing barca total football.

I dunno maybe the idea is that you work it out for yourself by looking at their attributes but some sort of playing style / system style would be interesting for the tactics imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Anyone able to get a cheap price on 17 pre order?

That didnt last long! Game is utterly ridiculous. AI is way too strong! I've preordered 17 and I'm hoping its better than this crap

Like a bad rash - I went back to it for another itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,839 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Like a bad rash - I went back to it for another itch.

I gave up on it and went back to Championship manager updated :)

I've actually found a nice little tactic for this - having a good season so far. It's a crossing tactic of sorts with a high defensive line.

A team in my game this is FM16 called Hapoel Be'er-Sheva keep buying loads of older who have had better playing days players for some reason.

In 2020 there team
    Leonardo Ulloa
    Iker Casillas
    Jonathan Biabiany
    Salomon Kalou
    Stephan Lichtsteiner
    Luca Antonelli
    Marko Marin
    Juan Carlos Paredes
    Sebastian Boenisch
    Eljero Elia

Have no idea whats going on over in Israel :O.

Possibly funded by the US Government

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Possibly funded by the US Government

There all on backup and 10k a week as well :O.

Very strange going ons there :P.

Advertisement