Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Need a bit of help lads please.

Changed laptops and downloaded Steam. I thought my saved games would be linked to the Steam account but apparently not... so I copied the saved game from the "games" folder on the old laptop to the same folder on the new one but still not working. Also need to copy my editor file over... Can anyone advise exactly which files I need to copy?

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Did you reinstall the game through Steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭Degag

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Did you reinstall the game through Steam?

Yep!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

In tactics how do you guys decide whether to play deeper or higher up the pitch?

If a team plays direct Il play deeper. After that I'm guessing.

Same with closing down, what stats do you look for to make you decide close down more or stand off.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,520 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Cheapest place to pick this up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

i picked up at http://www.cjs-cdkeys.com/ about 35 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Just got mine at smyths.ie for 29.99 :-)
    Special edition as well with the documentary Included

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Just got mine at smyths.ie for 29.99 :-) Special edition as well with the documentary Included

Think everyone got the documentary included, no special edition, good price though

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Think everyone got the documentary included, no special edition, good price though

Says limited edition on the box unlike the ones in gamestop which are 60 yoyos

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

This is 30 euro in smyths. May pick it up for the Christmas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭joey100

First season finished with Arsenal. Sold off a lot of the older players early on, Arteta, Rosicky, Debuchy and Welbeck when he came back from injury. Brought in good few players, mainly young, Embolo, Luan, Galloway and Bartra. Took a while for players to settle and wasn't until around November that I got going. Real Madrid knocked us out of champions league last 16, out early in both FA and League cup meant nearly lost job early in the season. 2nd in the league saved me though, needed to beat Chelsea in the last game and hope Spurs drew or lost. All going well, 2-1 up with Spurs drawing and with pretty much the last kick of the game Costa scored an overhead form edge of the box to pull it back and mean I finished second. Embolo was amazing, around 33 goals in 32 games with Sanchez and Walcott providing their fair share from the wings. Oxlade was the replacement for either when injured or tired and performed really well but not as consistent as the others so couldn't hold the place.

Already started building for next season, Laporte coming in along with Lincoln and Jorge. Few of the loaned youngsters will probably get a chance next season, jeff reine adelaide and Ainsley Niles and on the lookout for another left winger. Man city sniffing around Walcott and Wilshere, will probably let Wilshere go if I get a decent offer. PSG were interested in Paulista so hoping they come back, want to clear some space in the centre backs, have Laporte and Oxford coming in so no need for any more.

Arsenal are a good save, but probably get a bit too much money too make it difficult. Learned my mistakes from last season of bringing in too many new young players who probably weren't up to the standard and cost us at the start of the season. Best eleven at the end of the season were all there at the start apart from Embolo. Next seasons transfers will look more at players who can come in and either improve the squad straight away or at least offer good back up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Billy86 wrote: »
    I just lost the league 2 playoff final to Gillingham, thanks to my season long liability CB giving away a penalty in extra time. :(

Not bad though - the second least likely team to win promotion were at 80-1, while I was the least likely at 500-1 (!!). I even got to an automatic promotion spot on the second last day of the season, but lost on the last day of the season to drop back to 4th.

On the plus side, a legit stadium expansion is underway to basically double my seats from 2,500 to 4,750-ish and both my youth academy and senior training facilities are getting upgrades. Plus that liability's contract is up on July 1st... see ya! :)
    Got promoted the next season, lost again on the last day but so did the team below us, so we got through in 3rd place in League Two! :D

The next season I had very little money (again!) after the stadium/facility upgrades, got four good loans in though and decided to go with my two OK wingers, plus the two poor guys behind them (loads of pace, not much else - I even sent one of them on loan the season before because his €1,700 wages were way too high for a squaddie and I had to watch costs)... well holy Jaysus! The two OK guys were out of form and getting injured, so I had to start the two 'poor' ones. One had 17 goals and 9 assists, while the guy I sent out on loan got 25 goals, 15 assists and the League One POTY award! I started on an absolute tear, hit a bumpy two months with injuries, but came back strong and as second favourite to be relegated, I won League One!! :D

Real killer though... the game froze with about 6 go to, and I hadn't saved in 12 matches (10 wins, 1 draw, 1 loss) so I had to go back, save before each game, and simulate them to match the same results. Gave me an extra 2pt cushion come the end, but before it froze that same winger who won the POTY award was on 31 goals with 6 left to play. :( All the same, his value is at 600k now with one year left, so I'm hoping someone swoops in with a 500k+ offer, because he definitely won't be good enough for the Championship.

Also, after years of asking for more coaches 3-4 times a season (I had 7 after 7 years, up from the initial 3), the board went a bit mad it seems... and now I can have up to 29 coaches! :pac:

Due another stadium expansion now all the way up to 7,850 (ha!) in the Championship, and spending until March in the Bolton's Reebok Stadium (28k capacity, hopefully make some good cash off those gates!)... but with only 1.2mn in the bank, and €5mn taken out in loans, it's going to be an extremely tight season. I'm in the Championship with a team that just went through back to back promotions (e.g. needs big upgrades!) on below average facilities across the board, and I've gone about self-imposing a budget of €100,000 per transfer (transfer budget €1.2mn, but I want to spend no more than €250k net, max) and paying no player any more than €5,000 a week (wage budget of €85k, but I want to keep it under €50k-ish). This season is going to be a mega-challenge, but my affiliation with Spurs is finally going to come in handy (they wouldn't consider sending any decent players on loan to us previously)... bring it on! :D

Has to be one of my most successful saves in a long, long while.
    15/16: among Conference South relegation favourites, finish midtable.
    16/17: midtable favourite in Conference South, got promoted.
    17/18: relegation favourites in Conference, finished midtable.
    18/19: lower midtable Conference prediction, got promoted.
    19/20:
    massive favourite to get relegated (200-1 to win League Two), just about stayed up.
    20/21: hilarious favourite to get relegated (500-1 to win League Two, next closest was 80-1), lost playoff final.
    21/22: upper-midtable League Two prediction, got promoted.
    22/23: second favourite to be relegated in League One, won the league!
    23/24:
    Championship here FC United come! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Necrominus wrote: »
    Started off with a couple of teams and couldn't get the hang of tactics at all. Had everything up at fluid and would still get battered at home by a supposedly lesser side. Player positions were right, squad morale all good - nothing worked. Tried with Arsenal (always my first choice to test new features), then Hull.

Finally settled on AFC Wimbledon in League 2. Most enjoyable game I've had in many years now. Had absolutely no money so was relying on loan deals for the first season. Somehow managed to convince the likes of Darren Randolph, Stephen Ward, Cyrus Christie and even more amazingly John Walters to join on season long loans. Got in Danny Holla from Brighton and Joseph Dodoo (love the name) from a higher league side, can't quite remember. Won the league at a canter finishing on 103 points and Johnstone's Paint Trophy (being drawn as home team in every round up to South final really helped) - should be doing that really with a decent backbone - but that's not the really interesting thing to be honest.

Was subjected to a takeover in mid November when we were in the middle of our 16 match winning streak and a sugar daddy buys club, writes off debt and gives me an eye watering 67 mill to spend in January. The first and only time this has ever happened to me in 12 years of playing the game!
    Only problem... Financial Fair fricken Play!! I have all this money and yet can only offer potential players peanuts. Tried to get Christie and Walters to come to club on a permanent basis in the summer as they had us as their favorite club after winning the league and they had some interest but could only offer 1.2k per week so contract talks kept breaking down and eventually lost them. Wage restrictions were finally lifted in late June after losing 85% of my squad on frees (most of them not good enough for step up in fairness) but also missed out on Christie who heads off to Sunderland and Walters who joins newly promoted Cardiff. Managed to snag Randolph once they let me start offering decent wages and brought Holla and Dodoo back to club on permanent basis.

Process now begins of rebuilding entire squad for League One challenge as board expects promotion (in fairness the money pumped in is crazy, got an 85 mill transfer budget and 1 mill wage budget so it's expected) No one in the PL will come near me bar the odd transfer listed one so scouring the Championship now has my team looking like this for League One challenge
    Goals: Randolph ( 1 mill from West Ham)
    Defense: Jay Simpson ( Leicester for 200k) Sebastien Coates(Sunderland for 300k) Yann Songo'o (free from first season) Stephen Kingsley (bit expensive but promising at 3 mill from Swansea)
    Defensive Midfielder: Alaixys Romao (free from OM)
    Midfield: Josh Vela (4 mill from Bolton) Danny Holla (2 mill from Brighton)
    Wings: Callum McManaman (250k from WBA) Josh Murphy (big fee but looks like a big prospect - 8.5 mill up front to Norwich, could rise to 12 depending on how it fares)
    Striker: Ibrahim Sá (2.5 mill from Brighton)
    Subs:
    David Stockdale
    Ryan Taylor
    Samba Diakite
    Jake Reeves
    Dean Cox
    Sam Clucas
    Zach Clough

Won first game in league 3-0 at home to Gillingham then battered Charlton 5-0 (again at home) in Capital One Cup.

To continue on, won League 2 at a canter which I suppose is to be expected given the crazy money involved. Board built a new stadium with 11,000 initial capacity but room for expansion of up to 48,000 so New Plough Lane is our home for the forseeable future. Zach Clough turned into an amazing striker for me, scored 37 goals in all competitions with young winger Josh Murphy backing him up with 24 goals and 19 assists.
    Lost Clough to City when they came in with a big bid and the board - rich as we now are, intervened and accepted on my behalf. Faced another huge year of rebuilding as board once again expect me to reach playoffs at a minimum, attempting back-to back-to back promotions but that's the expectations with the money involved I guess.
    Started off fairly brightly with 4 wins and one draw leaving us top of Championship by 2 points - best win was a 2-0 domination of leaders Reading at their place. Can see it being a hard slog though as barely scraping 1-0 or come from behind 2-1 wins with my wingers and midfield providing the goals thus far as none of my new strikers seem to be settling in well.
    Noticing already that the step in quality from League 1 to Championship is huge, much bigger than League 2 to League 1. Teams are much better organised and harder to break down - at least that's my experience anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just bought this from cd keys 30 euro so not bad.
    First game since 2012 was playing that for a couple of years before my blue square save corrupted and i had'nt the motivation to start another!

Going to start off with Liverpool for a change as i usually go in at the deep end.

Edit: Right, bought the game got email looking for text conformation of a verifying number so sent, now they are looking for ID to be sent to them? That's not right surely?
    Ordered from cdkeys.com

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Edit: Right, bought the game got email looking for text conformation of a verifying number so sent, now they are looking for ID to be sent to them? That's not right surely? Ordered from cdkeys.com

Haven't heard of that from cdkeys but blizzard once asked me to do the same for a purchase of Diablo 3 to make sure I was a person and not a store trying to get a cheap copy to resell.

Ended up cancelling the order with them, got it off steam instead, bit more expensive but no faffing around.

Started with Liverpool, only done a couple of weeks but decided to not buy anyone in the first transfer window.

Can't seem to find how i can set individual training out for players? the whole training system has changed a lot since 2012 my last game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I just won the Champions League & Premier League double in my 3rd season with Manchester United and I can't quite believe the final. Playing against Juventus, 3-1 down at half time and it could have been worse. Darmian had his worst game for me (taken off at half time for Jones) & Shaw struggled as Douglas Costa scored twice. Ended up winning 4-3 thanks to a Martial hat-trick & Chris Smalling header in the 76th minute.

This was my team selection for the final & I direct your attention to Nathan Redmond. I signed him in January last year because I got in a fight with Ashley Young & needed a new home-grown backup winger to Memphis & Carillo. He was in decent form & Norwich wanted Young so £8m part-exchange deal with a few million in bonuses I never expected to pay and the deal is done. The season went on as planned. But this year Redmond has simply been outstanding - he got 20 assists including 2 in the Champions League final. I gave him a new contract before the final & all the press talked about was this contract & asking Juve's manager how could he hope to contain Nathan Redmond. He didn't contain Redmond & it essentially cost them the Champions League trophy :D

af0b447e96044b21996cc155bd263388.png

Think I might move onto another save now over Christmas. I normally play with a Championship or League 2 club as my second save with a Dundalk game following that but the posts here with random Asian teams have made for interesting reading so I might have a go at the Pentagon Challenge, this is the 1st year I've had a laptop good enough to manage it.
    Can't seem to find how i can set individual training out for players? the whole training system has changed a lot since 2012 my last game.

Click on the player & training is under the Development tab.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Love Randolph as back up goalie, he never complains and when he plays never lets me down. I play him league cup and fa cup mostly, but this season I sold my first choice goalie to give my wonderkid a chance and while I was winning games, not keeping a lot of clean sheets till Randolph got the job second half of season. 10 in 15 clean sheets :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

This game is a bit mad. Started as Reading. Pretty decent squad with some quality players on loan (Piazon, Vydra & Hector are more then capable of playing premier league football). Given a bit of money to spend and brought in Dwight Gayle for 3M, Duarte from Ajax (absolute gem, 24 year old dutch midfielder, signed for about 300k). Managed to get Shane Long on loan for the season which gave me one of the best attacks in the league. Board expected me to finish mid table, said I could do top half. Largely inconsistent season however, was sitting around 16th up until Feb/March where we then went on a great run. Lost Gayle for 2 months, but had firepower elsewhere. Went into last 6 games, 5 points off a playoff spot. Disaster struck and I lost Shane Long for the remainder of the season. Still fought on and ended up missing out by a point. Played 4 of top 6 in last 6 games, winning everyone. Drew 2, against 24th & 22nd. Nightmare. Story of the season though as my results were terrible when we were expected to win.

Season over I've done a complete revamp of the defence as we had one of the worst defences in the league last year. Brought in Curtis Davies who was impressive for a Hull side who finished 3rd last year. Alongside him got Kone on a free from Lyon. Valued around 9m quid & only 28 should be a standout CB for the championship. Got rid of McShane & Anton Ferdinand, and Al Habsi who were on huge wages.

Here's the mad part though. Young lad in my 21s called Dominic Samuel on loan at Bristol City for the year. Not great stats (think he's got 13 finishing, 13 composure and is quick enough, but nothing that would stand out). Has gone on to be top scorer in the Championship this year, with Bristol City just missing out on promotion. Not sure if he can manage that again this year, but should be interesting!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

Anyone suffered second season syndrome? Won the league with Dundalk first season. Start of second season with same squad, its like they have firgotton how to play football, same squad and system

• Advertisement

Anyone suffered second season syndrome? Won the league with Dundalk first season. Start of second season with same squad, its like they have firgotton how to play football, same squad and system

My Portuguese mate was actually having that same issue for the last several months, weird.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

astonaidan wrote: »
    Love Randolph as back up goalie, he never complains and when he plays never lets me down. I play him league cup and fa cup mostly, but this season I sold my first choice goalie to give my wonderkid a chance and while I was winning games, not keeping a lot of clean sheets till Randolph got the job second half of season. 10 in 15 clean sheets :D

I had Begovic on loan but we went out of the Carling Cup early so he asked to terminate the loan in January. I don't trust my young backup so got Randolph in to warm the bench. His one appearance was the week after we won the league, had PSG in the semi final coming up so I rested my entire 1st team & ended up losing our first game in months. He went to the World Cup and made the Quarter Finals so I doubt he cares :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

wardides wrote: »
    This game is a bit mad. Started as Reading. Pretty decent squad with some quality players on loan (Piazon, Vydra & Hector are more then capable of playing premier league football). Given a bit of money to spend and brought in Dwight Gayle for 3M, Duarte from Ajax (absolute gem, 24 year old dutch midfielder, signed for about 300k). Managed to get Shane Long on loan for the season which gave me one of the best attacks in the league. Board expected me to finish mid table, said I could do top half. Largely inconsistent season however, was sitting around 16th up until Feb/March where we then went on a great run. Lost Gayle for 2 months, but had firepower elsewhere. Went into last 6 games, 5 points off a playoff spot. Disaster struck and I lost Shane Long for the remainder of the season. Still fought on and ended up missing out by a point. Played 4 of top 6 in last 6 games, winning everyone. Drew 2, against 24th & 22nd. Nightmare. Story of the season though as my results were terrible when we were expected to win.

Season over I've done a complete revamp of the defence as we had one of the worst defences in the league last year. Brought in Curtis Davies who was impressive for a Hull side who finished 3rd last year. Alongside him got Kone on a free from Lyon. Valued around 9m quid & only 28 should be a standout CB for the championship. Got rid of McShane & Anton Ferdinand, and Al Habsi who were on huge wages.

Here's the mad part though. Young lad in my 21s called Dominic Samuel on loan at Bristol City for the year. Not great stats (think he's got 13 finishing, 13 composure and is quick enough, but nothing that would stand out). Has gone on to be top scorer in the Championship this year, with Bristol City just missing out on promotion. Not sure if he can manage that again this year, but should be interesting!

Playing with Reading myself. Vydra, Piazon and Hector are all quality players. Was only given about 2.2m to spend and no one seems interested in coming to Reading. Took a punt on Del Piero on a free transfer - 40 years old!! Bought Stephen Ward too who's doing quite well at left back. Loaned Andreas Pereira and Ruben Loftus-Cheek however there's a limit to the amount of loaned players you can include in the starting 11/ match day squad. Currently 1st in the league with a tricky match at home to Ipswich tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

This is 30 euro in smyths. May pick it up for the Christmas :)

I'm absolutely devastated. Got a mad hankering to buy this and website says closed

Thought they said it was open until 11pm?!?!

*EDIT: Actually google says its closed, but their website says open. Trying to ring first to see if the price is still on

So, started my save with Liverpool for a change, set up training, went for fitness/very intensive for the first couple of weeks as i normally did back in the day....BIG mistake! 90% of the first team got injured, lost all my pre-season friendlys and my opening game in the league to boot, and when i say lost i was actually hammered in all of them!

Long road ahead. (or short one, i could be sacked by the end of the first month!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

So, started my save with Liverpool for a change, set up training, went for fitness/very intensive for the first couple of weeks as i normally did back in the day....BIG mistake! 90% of the first team got injured, lost all my pre-season friendlys and my opening game in the league to boot, and when i say lost i was actually hammered in all of them!

Long road ahead. (or short one, i could be sacked by the end of the first month!)

I spent most of pre season doing fitness on high intensity and got on fine!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Anywhere doing any sales for it ? Off for 8 days in a row now so will get my full attention .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

keep an eye on Nuuvem, always good sales at this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Haven't played in a few years but San Marino aren't an option at International level anymore? I know the club got relegated but how come I can't play as the International side even? Had to pick Cook Islands (they suck if you're wondering) instead to be my introduction game so I can get used to it before starting a proper game.

• Advertisement

Will give a more detailed post tomorrow because I'm currently taking a poo in the jax on/in some Toronto pub on Stephenseseseseses night but by 26/27 I've got FC Utd to the premiership, on 40 pets after 19 games (so pace for 80 pts!) with a a stadium of 9.2k seated and a wage bill of 16mn/yr when the next lowest (Swansea) is about 60mn/yr. Good facilities, superb in youth academy/recruiting, and if we get a new stadium. In the next t 3-5 years set to become a CL dominating team over the next decade, if even that. Most successful save in 10 years East, since I won the CL with Histon! Even have an England intl that man utd cast off, and a squad of up and coming wonderkids ready to dominate the world. Top end young CBs are fecking tricky to get though, a bit soft there! Kept up last year by a miracle last year after being on 30pts by new years though, so still wanna push on from here, save money and invest.

Amazingly, sours (who woven the CL in consecutive years before Pocketing went to atlético) just got promoted back to the ESL with Newcastle while Everton remain in the Cha Lions hip along with Liverpool who are in 19tb in January. Feck finishing in the CL spots, I just wanna see Liverpool in League One! :pac: )

Love these 'build them up from scratch' games
    But is it just me, of is your goal designed to be harder? E.g. If I ever was in the hunt for auto promotion you needed the highest points in a decade to get it, if ever fighting with relegation you needed the highest ever to get it. For example, I kept up on the last day of the season last year with 42pts, but if I recall the most you needed in the decade beforehand to avoid relegation was only ever 35pts. Might be a coincidence but seems a bit worrying/manufactured.

More detailed than I thought, this poo refuses to happen!!

Advertisement