Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,779 ✭✭✭✭jayo26

Hey guys most of ye have probably seen it or got it free with the limited edition but I have my football manager DOCUMENTARY activation code for steam here im not using it as I've already seen it so if anyone would like to use it just coment on here and ill send it to first person that ask cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

gnfnrhead wrote:
    Haven't played in a few years but San Marino aren't an option at International level anymore? I know the club got relegated but how come I can't play as the International side even? Had to pick Cook Islands (they suck if you're wondering) instead to be my introduction game so I can get used to it before starting a proper game.

Glutton for punishment

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone use CD Keys to get this on Mac? Wondering if any issues with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

You have to send a pic of yourself for ID. More hassle than it needs to be. I cancelled my order with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭bigron2109

Finally bought the game. Got it from CDKEYS for 27.99 . Delighted with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Anyone finding it really tough this year?

threein99 wrote:
    Anyone finding it really tough this year?

I'm feeling tactics are much harder to nail down. Also, what works in year 1 doesn't seem to work in year 2. Good challenge though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pter wrote: »
    I'm feeling tactics are much harder to nail down. Also, what works in year 1 doesn't seem to work in year 2. Good challenge though.

Nothing I try works, win 1 the lose 3 of the next 4, tempted to go back to 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I'm the exact opposite. I was stone useless at FM14 yet in this I'm flying up the divisions. Ive had 4 promotions in the last 5 seasons. Had been leading the championship til January. Team form fell off a cliff then and finished 8th, still I was supposed to be in a relegation fight. Haven't really changed tactics or formation much since my first season in vanarama north.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,146 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Only got it a few days ago, loving it tbh.

I find you have to be more adaptable, or reactive then in previous versions but I am finding it very rewarding having to come up with new tactical nuances on a regular basis.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Put my Nathan Redmond Utd save on hold to try out a game with Dundalk & I'm feeling a bit p'd off with my board. After the first round of fixtures I was top by 3 points. Had a few bad/average results to start the second round of games but no worries, still top. Then the Champions League qualifiers came and I had to rest my starters and go with a fairly poor second string against Cork (joint top) and an even worse starting lineup including a couple of kids against Drogheda (rock bottom). I lost both games and dropped to 3rd with no league win in 6 but I beat Qarabag in the first round and drew 0-0 with Ludogorets in the first leg of the second and was still only 3 points behind Cork.

Suddenly the media are talking about me being sacked and I've been hauled into a meeting with the board where I'm told I need 11 points in the next 5 games or I'm gone. Keeping in mind that I then beat Pats, went top of the table again and beat Ludo in the away leg to qualify for the Champions League playoff and I think it's pretty ridiculous that any board would even consider sacking me. Laughably after beating Pats, their boss Liam Buckley was telling the media that I still deserve to be sacked! In fairness I would be disappointed to not get those 11 points anyway but the fact that I've been given an ultimatum has actually angered me. Am I right to feel aggrieved here or would i have deservedly been sacked had that meeting not gone well?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

You should have thrown the games by playing the worst youths in a 0-0-10 formation then quit :pac:

I took a job in China (don't ask me the name) after giving up on the hopeless Cook Islands who it turns out don't seem to be involved in any competitive matches. All friendlies. The job interview is a nice touch. Unfortunately they want me to play defensive football but also focus on youth. I always try to do the youth thing anyway so one out of two ain't bad. They finished mid table last season so I shouldn't have to worry about relegation. As soon as I took the job two players told me they wanted to move to a bigger club. Both over 30 so they'll be out the door as soon as I get a decent offer. Finances are a mess though and the board don't feel they need to invest in the youth facilities.

Haven't played a club game yet but I'm enjoying it thus far.

Did the 2022 world cup get moved in everyone's games? Got moved to China in my current (and first) save.

Yeah it got moved in mine but can't remember to where.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Purchased the game using Cdkeys again over the weekend.

Have to say its the most unrealistic FM ever, very disappointing.

Nemanja Matic just scored against me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Last day of 1st season with Spurs, sitting in 2nd behind Arsenal by a point, go down 1-0 against Stoke but score twice in the last 10 minutes while Arsenal can only draw with Leicester...**** yeah!! Best moment of FM for me in a long time :P

sQGF1SQ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

Kiith wrote: »
    Last day of 1st season with Spurs, sitting in 2nd behind Arsenal by a point, go down 1-0 against Stoke but score twice in the last 10 minutes while Arsenal can only draw with Leicester...**** yeah!! Best moment of FM for me in a long time :P

sQGF1SQ.jpg

Shouldn't you be a point ahead then?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Sorry, was 2 points behind. Got mixed up in my delight :P

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭TrueIt

How long does it normally take for a league to be added?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭Brian017

TrueIt wrote: »
    How long does it normally take for a league to be added?

The start of the next season

• Registered Users Posts: 19,111 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Got this last week, in February with Bristol Rovers in League 2. 4 injuries of 5 months or more so far.

Machado-my best centre back 7-8 months with a "serious infection" (WTF?)

Weir-my best (loan) midfielder damaged achilles tendon 5 months

Parkes-my 2nd best central defender, knee tendonitis 5 months

And now Montano- my rotation left winger, 5 months broken foot.

It's only February too! lucky I've a big squad and you can loan a lot of players but it's still very annoying.

Also I didn't think it was possible but players are actually quicker to jump on your back in this one it seems

Liam O wrote: »

Machado-my best centre back 7-8 months with a "serious infection" (WTF?)

I have a player in a Bath City save I started who is out for 17-18 months with a serious viral infection!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Going to start my journey man in China, my plan sign all the Brazilians.........what you mean its already been done :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Never managed in France before, so I took on my Champions League challenge with Beziers, its not going well. Havent played FM since probably FM12/13 - how do you guys handle teamtalks?

Would anyone be up for an online draft league sometime? Haven't tried it out yet, but could be worth a go, even if its just a few of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mc Love wrote: »
    Never managed in France before, so I took on my Champions League challenge with Beziers, its not going well. Havent played FM since probably FM12/13 - how do you guys handle teamtalks?

You only get away with being hard on players if you're form is good and winning games.

Players are very sensitive this year. I gave a harsh team talk during a friendly with Liverpool, and Benteke asked to leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

Player sensitivity is quite annoying this year. Rooney & Ashley Young completely wrecked my team morale because I told backup right back Maicon that he needed to earn a spot. Worse was Darryl Horgan complaining that I didn't sell him to Brentford for £300k & the entire team complained. I then sold him for £500k rising to £600k (his release clause) and I still had players complaining. Make up your minds lads!

I can't get in to it at all. I'm less about the tactics and love doing the transfer work and finances. Any tactics I've downloaded work for a short while and then go to pot.
    I just want two tactics that work and plow through a season FFS!

• Advertisement

I can't get in to it at all. I'm less about the tactics and love doing the transfer work and finances. Any tactics I've downloaded work for a short while and then go to pot.
    I just want two tactics that work and plow through a season FFS!

Advertisement