Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm testing out a tactic from U Rosler over on SI forums - might be an issue because my club is semi-pro.

I agree the players are complete prima-donna's this game, been telling lads that have woeful form that they need to put in performances on the pitch in order to start playing, but most dont and they complain when you dont play em

I'm testing out a tactic from U Rosler over on SI forums - might be an issue because my club is semi-pro.

I agree the players are complete prima-donna's this game, been telling lads that have woeful form that they need to put in performances on the pitch in order to start playing, but most dont and they complain when you dont play em

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

I've also noticed how fragile the players' mentality is. I was 2nd in the Championship to Hull on goal difference going into the final game of the season. I basically told the players to give it their all for the final game and make sure we win it. They responded by saying I was putting too much pressure on them and the morale of half the team dropped. After promotion to the Premier League I optimistically told the players that we could avoid relegation in the season ahead. Their morale dropped again and claimed I was expecting too much of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Pter wrote: »
    Would anyone be up for an online draft league sometime? Haven't tried it out yet, but could be worth a go, even if its just a few of us.

How does that work ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

threein99 wrote: »
    How does that work ?

Been following a YouTube series on it. It looks like great craic. You pick a budget and certain conditions and then pick your squad for the mini league with however many teams in the draft.

So for example, one I saw was a 250 million budget and every player in your squad had to have a different nationality. The values are over inflated as I think it takes wages into account and something else so if you get Messi, you won't be able to build a solid squad around him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Does everyone have to be online at the same time for it or is it turn based like a match a day, and you can pre setup your team if not online at time of the match??

• Registered Users Posts: 38,001 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I purchased the fmrte editor but when I try and load the game it says my game version is not supported ?? Any help

In running the editor as admin

Any TT guides or just take each as it comes?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Mc Love wrote:
    Any TT guides or just take each as it comes?

If you won your last match, assertive play like you did last match. If not winning by more then 2 at half time, aggressive not happy with performance, if winning by more then 2 assertive don't lose concentration

It's getting real hard to keep track of the players I owe game time to, they are complaining non-stop but then I dont want to drop my in-form players for the sake of losing a valuable player that is playing ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I found where the promises are kept, kind of handy

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

Mc Love wrote: »
    I found where the promises are kept, kind of handy

This and telling them XXX is in good form tends to keep it manageable I find. Although I tend to run a smallish squad of 22 with a couple of spare kids for rotation. I think even my worst backups get 10 games a season with injuries, cups, winter period.

The only thing I'm finding really tough this year is ditching dead wood. I used to pick up okayish players on frees, keep them for a year and flip for a profit but this year I'm finding flipping them much harder. Probably more realistic but ruined my squad filling strategy :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Started a new game two days ago. Decided to run with Spurs. I usually do a long-ish (for me :P) run with them, and wanted to try and do a run with youth, focusing on Harry Kane.

...till United offered me 60m for him straight away. Replaced him with Berbatov for 350k (<3 release clauses), who has been incredible so far; 7 goals in 7 games. Will be someone I pick up instantly in any other games going forward :pac:

I'm finding it very hard to do my usual career type save, where you start somewhere low and make them champions of europe. No tactic I try gets me anywhere where I need to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I think this year you need 2 or 3 tactics in the bag, with high familiarity. Seems much more focus on adaptation of tactics to suit (or not suit) the opposition.

Not a bad change, if its true. In years gone by, i have thrown in my usual 3-1-2-2-1 and not changed it for 10+ years. The game is forcing me to adapt this time.

And by adapt, i mean hire better coaches to do the hard work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭joey100

I've been using 4-2-3-1 with one of the midfielders set as an advanced playmaker and the other as either box to box midfielder or deep lying playmaker set to defend. The two 'wingers' are usually inside forwards set to support and so far seems to be working well. Have it set to play wide to the wings and counter attack. Using Arsenal and most of my wingers have a high speed and acceleration rating.

Half way through my 3rd season, won the league the second season and good run in Europe too. Bought a lot of youngsters at the start and finally they are starting to come good. Only problem was I bought too many central midfielders, Thiago Maia, Wilshere, Flamini,Arteta, Rosicky, Coquelin, Cazorla gone and still leaves me with Ramsey, Balic, Mauri, Tielemans as my usual 4 rotating. Ceballos and a portugeuse youngster playing brilliant on loan too so I think Ramsey's days might be numbered. Reine-Adelaide has turned out to be fantastic and pushes Sanchez for a starting spot. Bellerin is the best right back in the game and most of the big European clubs are after him, hasn't had his head turned yet. Other than that my best signings were Breel Embolo, Zivkovic and probably Vlasic who even though he doesn't seem to do a whole lot is constantly getting man of the matches, think he's played around 25 games for me this season and has 14 MoM awards. Play him as central attacking midfielder behind the striker.

Vlasic is an animal in my game too. Runs the show in that AMC role - ala Ozil in real life.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Spent most of my teens and 20's playing Championship Manager and Football Manager... The last one I owned was FM11, I decided to go cold turkey and jack it in. Just bought 16 as have really wanted a game for a while now... Anyone got any hidden gems I should know about? I can't lie, I'm excited about getting back into it whilst trying to not get as addicted/sleep deprived as I was before!

Spent most of my teens and 20's playing Championship Manager and Football Manager... The last one I owned was FM11, I decided to go cold turkey and jack it in. Just bought 16 as have really wanted a game for a while now... Anyone got any hidden gems I should know about? I can't lie, I'm excited about getting back into it whilst trying to not get as addicted/sleep deprived as I was before!
    Try playing it with a newborn

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Jimmy Rabbitte Snr

Mc Love wrote: »
    Try playing it with a newborn

Good to keep you occupied during the night feeds!

Good to keep you occupied during the night feeds!

Haha i sleep through them!

I am absolutely raging with my chairman selling our best player who is a 16 year old striker, brought through academy.

The club did net 850k for him though. But its pittance considering nobody of his quality would even bother joining the club

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Started a game with Schalke a few weeks back.

Just started my 3rd season, won the league last year beating Bayern on goal difference of +1 :)
    Finding in tricky in the Champions League though.

What a team they have, some absolute beasts; Meyer, Sane, Goretzka, and i've never, ever, seen a better youth system. Players arriving in every year with great stats. I even started playing a 16 year old as my centre half cover and his value is skyrocketing.

Real Madrid are chasing a 15 year old winger of mine and have gone to 5 mil - which i've rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Pter wrote: »

Not a bad change, if its true. In years gone by, i have thrown in my usual 3-1-2-2-1 and

I'm interested. What does this formation look like, what positions to you use, tactics etc?

I'm interested. What does this formation look like, what positions to you use, tactics etc?

3 center backs
    1 DM/Ball winning midfielder
    2 Central Mids - box to box and a playmaker
    2 wingers - both attack
    2 attackers - 1 target man and 1 false nine.

Sorry - my original post said 1 striker up top - that would leave me short a man.

Control tactic, with fluid movement.
    Attack the wings and work the ball into the box.
    High tempo, shorter passing.

The DM basically acts as an extra defender, who can slot into central mid when on attack / to break up counter attacks.

Think it isn't working this year as when i line it up like that, the AI is targeting my full back positions.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have 3 tactics learned to a high familiarity, only ever use two really, one is a 433DM and the other is a 442, the back up I rarely use is a 4231.

Obviously lots of different roles and instructions with each, the 433 is more a possession based system where as the 442 is quite offensive. The possession one is the staple most of the time with a false 9 and two inside forwards either side. Works very well, now and then I change it up though and it is very handy to able to change tactics during the game and have players who are perfectly comfortable doing all 3 of them if needed.

I have found this version very rewarding, took a long time to perfect tactics and tweak them, tweaking them continually over a season also seems to help as the opposition tend to get used to what style you play so tweaking helps throw them off and render their gameplan pretty useless much of the time.

I am pretty much done with my initial save as I have not had a challenge in the league for 9 years now, winning each season by 20+ points, I lost once last year, won 35 and drew 2 in the league. Have won the Champions League the last 7 years running, FA cup 7 times in the 9, League cup 6 times, and last 4 in a row, Club world championship every year bar one. I don't sign any big name player (after season 1) Just keep scouting and signing young players will huge potential and turning them into superstars, both my full backs are now 22 and worth 58million and 65million respectively, bought when they were 17/18 for a combined fee of 5million

Similar story with my midfield and wingers, all very young and extremely talented. I find now I am literally just signing players for the future to be farmed out on loan after getting some tutoring and training experience at the club. They won't be needed for a long time for the most part, other then if one or two force their way into the team by being too good basically, as my left back and one of my starting centre midfielders did before the age of 20/21.

I have been saying in interviews that I think the time is coming for a new challenge, I am interested to see if I can replicate what I have done, build a club up from all the way from the youth system on, plenty of time has gone in to it so I don't want to just lose the save altogether Id like to see what else I can do

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,083 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

I have 3 tactics learned to a high familiarity, only ever use two really, one is a 433DM and the other is a 442, the back up I rarely use is a 4231.

Obviously lots of different roles and instructions with each, the 433 is more a possession based system where as the 442 is quite offensive. The possession one is the staple most of the time with a false 9 and two inside forwards either side. Works very well, now and then I change it up though and it is very handy to able to change tactics during the game and have players who are perfectly comfortable doing all 3 of them if needed.

I have found this version very rewarding, took a long time to perfect tactics and tweak them, tweaking them continually over a season also seems to help as the opposition tend to get used to what style you play so tweaking helps throw them off and render their gameplan pretty useless much of the time.

I am pretty much done with my initial save as I have not had a challenge in the league for 9 years now, winning each season by 20+ points, I lost once last year, won 35 and drew 2 in the league. Have won the Champions League the last 7 years running, FA cup 7 times in the 9, League cup 6 times, and last 4 in a row, Club world championship every year bar one. I don't sign any big name player (after season 1) Just keep scouting and signing young players will huge potential and turning them into superstars, both my full backs are now 22 and worth 58million and 65million respectively, bought when they were 17/18 for a combined fee of 5million

Similar story with my midfield and wingers, all very young and extremely talented. I find now I am literally just signing players for the future to be farmed out on loan after getting some tutoring and training experience at the club. They won't be needed for a long time for the most part, other then if one or two force their way into the team by being too good basically, as my left back and one of my starting centre midfielders did before the age of 20/21.

I have been saying in interviews that I think the time is coming for a new challenge, I am interested to see if I can replicate what I have done, build a club up from all the way from the youth system on, plenty of time has gone in to it so I don't want to just lose the save altogether Id like to see what else I can do

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Does tutoring really improve a young player? I cant i've noticed myself.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Does tutoring really improve a young player? I cant i've noticed myself.

It helps with mental attributes, i think....

• Advertisement

I cant believe the same crap still exists, on flying form last night, saved and closed the game down last night. Load it up and get beaten by a team way lower down the league :(

Advertisement