Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Manager 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 31,832 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Oh dear, Tadic doesn't qualify for a work permit on contract renewal. ****e!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Oh dear, Tadic doesn't qualify for a work permit on contract renewal. ****e!

I'm finding permits harder to get in this fm.

It's usually young argentines and brazillians mind, not someone who'd been playing in europe since 2012

I'm finding permits harder to get in this fm.

It's usually young argentines and brazillians mind, not someone who'd been playing in europe since 2012

Same story with Ramirez. :(

They are harder to get because Dyke changed the rules in real life so FM went along with that. Players from clubs outside the top 50 ranked countries are much harder to get now.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Same story with Ramirez. :(

They are harder to get because Dyke changed the rules in real life so FM went along with that. Players from clubs outside the top 50 ranked countries are much harder to get now.

I missed out on a winger for ~6m from Brazil at 17, who then went to Shaktar and Barca and is now the best in the world by a distance.

Little bits of bs like the work permits would have me going near the editor :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

So i quit hemel hempstead after a mediocre season and i got a job with Dunfermline who had just been relegated to league 2 in Scotland, two back to back promotions seen us get to the Premiership and the first season we just about avoided getting relegated back to league 1 but we did get to the league cup final which we lost to rangers.

The second season was much better with us finishing second in the league, this was mostly done with loan players as there doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of loanees you can bring in.
    I decided to resign after this as i wanted a job with a bigger club , The Celtic job came up so i applied and said i was interested in the job and they laughed at me! I think i was more than qualified to take over but the board disagreed, two job interviews with serie b didn't get those either. Still unemployed and wishing i didn't quit dunfermline now! Time to holiday for awhile i think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I missed out on a winger for ~6m from Brazil at 17, who then went to Shaktar and Barca and is now the best in the world by a distance.

Little bits of bs like the work permits would have me going near the editor :pac:

They're not bs at all though, its just realistic ,you could still have bought him and loaned him out to get a permit.

The joys of the english rules :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Sacked by United by end of the first season :(

Ah well. Newcastle were relegated and looking for a new manager, so thought why not. Entire first team wanted out, which suited. Sold them all, replaced them with a team of kids. Managed to bring in Nick Powell, Loftus-Cheek and a few others. Got Begovic to come down a division, had to sign Johnathan Walters the Legend :P Built an entirely new squad with about 25m. Actually enjoying it now, building the team from scratch and looking to reestablish them.

So a quick follow up....

Got promoted back up in my first try, coming second in the league.

Brought Jesse Lingard and Federico Fazio in at Xmas. Both were awesome. My "Buy All the United kids" has worked well; Powell and Lingard will survive the step up to the PL, Lingard was voted Fans Player of the Season, and Macheda scored 24 goals in 36 games. For 100k, he was an absolute star. Zach Clough was my signing of the season though. 30 goals in all competitions, and only 12 assists. At only 22, he's easily a starter for my first year back in the PL. Just hope he doesn't get aspirations of moving off.

So now the transfer window opens and I've got to build a PL level team now. This is the favorite part of my game :D

So i quit hemel hempstead after a mediocre season and i got a job with Dunfermline who had just been relegated to league 2 in Scotland, two back to back promotions seen us get to the Premiership and the first season we just about avoided getting relegated back to league 1 but we did get to the league cup final which we lost to rangers.

The second season was much better with us finishing second in the league, this was mostly done with loan players as there doesn't seem to be a limit on the amount of loanees you can bring in.
    I decided to resign after this as i wanted a job with a bigger club , The Celtic job came up so i applied and said i was interested in the job and they laughed at me! I think i was more than qualified to take over but the board disagreed, two job interviews with serie b didn't get those either. Still unemployed and wishing i didn't quit dunfermline now! Time to holiday for awhile i think.

Ended up taking over at MK Dons in League one, expected to avoid relegation but they have a pretty good squad just added a few loan signings and after 15 games we sit 6th. We beat Sunderland in the 3rd round of the league cup which was very satisfying as they were one of the clubs that i tried to join and they didn't give me an interview. We got knocked out by premiership Watford in round 4 despite having a higher number of shots and the same amount of clear cut chances.

I finished 3rd in the PL with Southampton! Loads of cash coming in. Mane still wouldn't stay and he ended up going to PSG for almost €50million.

Ramirez just became a British citizen so I think I'll be able to get him to sign again without work permit issues. Bit of a rubbish start to the new season with a loss and a draw but the same thing happened last season so I'm not worrying about it too much just yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Manager of Aston Villa and just got taken over, 90 million in first January window, first signing is John Stones :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

astonaidan wrote: »
    Manager of Aston Villa and just got taken over, 90 million in first January window, first signing is John Stones :D:D

I'm managing them too!! I want that :( Don't think I've ever had a sugar daddy take over me in all my years of FM

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Don't think I've ever had a sugar daddy take over me in all my years of FM
    Eeeewwwww. :o

I started a new one with FC United (usually to a test run with a big team then go for someone way down in the lower leagues). First year I flirted with the playoffs but fell off a cliff the last 5-6 games and finished midtable, second year I snuck in and got promoted - both seasons predicted to be relegated.

In the Conference I was favourite to get relegated in my first year, again flirted with the playoffs but again fell off near the end of the season and ended midtable. In my second year, started slow but got better as it went on and went on a tear for the last 2 months to win the league on the last day of the season!

The stadium is tiny at 4,200, and facilities are poor so it's a right b*stard to generate cash. Getting promoted forced the board to go professional and to expand the scouting across Europe (after my asking them 20 odd times before to no avail!). First year promoted we were massive relegation favourites, I had no money to bring in anything but free agents, and had a bunch of lads overpaid on the last year of their part time contracts. We were 200-1 to win the league... the next worst team was 40-1 :0. Got a good run of form in October/November and squeezed out some results along the way, but fell off a cliff near the end of the year again. Still, finished 5 points clear of relegation and now all those part time contracts (bar one) have expired and been let go. I've got a full squad of mabye 8-10 players, and a rake of young Eastern European/Scandinavian lads to choose between on free transfers over the summer! The club have taken a loan to expand the stadium to 5,800 (1,500 extra seats! We only had 400-odd before! :o ), it's all coming up Millhouse!! :D

Oh, except we've got -50k in the bank. :(

**If anyone is starting a game with a non-league team do yourself a favour and buy Adam Blakeman. He's not cheap for that at about €20k and his attributes don't look too impressive but the guy is a beast at CM, had 10 goals and 30 assists with 7.33 & 7.36 ratings in my two seasons in the Conference and held his own quite well (6.87 rating) in my first year in League Two despite his report saying 'Conference North/South level player'. He's also a 14 at corners and 12 at free kicks which are really hard to come by that far down.

Feck that, I'm not calling in the Vanaramabananapajama North/South/National!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Delta Echo Charlie

Strange game

Finished 16th in the end in my first season in Prem with Leeds after getting promoted and board gave me the guts of £40 million that summer in preparation for my 2nd season in top flight

Bought about 8 players although not one over 4 million quid

The thing though is that 14 of my 18 man squad are on that wonder kid list (all current ability 3 potential ability 5) and average age 21.

I've played 16 in Prem, W12 D4 L0 and am 7 points clear at Xmas which is mental

Lining up 4-2-3-1

Rajkovic

San Emetario
    Mammana
    Romagna
    Rubén Duarte

Fossum
    Ajer

Demarai Gray
    Odegaard
    Lincoln

Avdijaj

I think this has the potential to be my greatest ever FM save

Absolute MONSTER side

Gabriel Barbosa, Adebayor and Lacazette, three strikers Ive used and all three are the bomb, at least a goal a game from each. Barbosa can be got for like 7million Adebayor free, Lacazette a little more at around 30+ :pac:

Anyone else having trouble training players to new positions ?

I've got 2 guys who can only play MR, and I have one playing AMR, and one playing AML for over a year and a half now. They weren't able to play the positions at all when I signed them, and they've been competent in the position for over a year now. Neither over them seem to be able to make the jump to accomplished before becoming natural

I've had someone who was accomplished as AMR become a natural in the position, and someone who was a competent AMC before a natural so I don't know what's going wrong with the first 2

Ended up taking over at MK Dons in League one, expected to avoid relegation but they have a pretty good squad just added a few loan signings and after 15 games we sit 6th. We beat Sunderland in the 3rd round of the league cup which was very satisfying as they were one of the clubs that i tried to join and they didn't give me an interview. We got knocked out by premiership Watford in round 4 despite having a higher number of shots and the same amount of clear cut chances.

Got MK dons promoted to the championship and was doing ok sitting in mid table but i was bored of managing them. So I applied to take control of Cardiff who were in the bottom 3 but had a much bigger budget.
    I got the job and even though they had a very good team i struggled to get them to play consistently.
    Then came a run of about 4 games in a row where i lost my cool and and played all 4 games very fast and lost all 4 games and got sacked.
    After i calmed down i applied for some Jobs and got the Hull job, they were sitting 10th in the championship with 4 games to go and that's where we finished, they had a very average team and the board said they were overachieving. The big problem though is that i have to shave 120k off the wage budget before i can try and bring in some good players on frees.
    The summer should be interesting.
    So the last season saw me manage 3 different teams in the championship!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

I just lost the league 2 playoff final to Gillingham, thanks to my season long liability CB giving away a penalty in extra time. :(

Not bad though - the second least likely team to win promotion were at 80-1, while I was the least likely at 500-1 (!!). I even got to an automatic promotion spot on the second last day of the season, but lost on the last day of the season to drop back to 4th.

On the plus side, a legit stadium expansion is underway to basically double my seats from 2,500 to 4,750-ish and both my youth academy and senior training facilities are getting upgrades. Plus that liability's contract is up on July 1st... see ya! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Just started this with Wigan. Bit of a cop out of a save however considering favourites for League 1 (don't generally enjoy taking over heavy favourites for leagues in my first job). Anyway plan is to bring them back to the Premier League and maybe go elsewhere unless this career pans out well. Started ok, but only 4 games in. Winning 3 and losing opening game away to Coventry. Signed John Fleck & Paddy Madden as bit short up top. Signed a denmark International who is by far the best CB in the League. My defence is pretty rock solid to be fair.

One question though. In previous versions I used to be able to create Training schedules for certain players. Is this still possible? Can't seem to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

finally got a game going and started as Red Bull Salzburg. Very much up in the air as whether ill win the league. a couple of poor recent results mayhave cost mt. stilll finding out which tactics worked best. Got them into the CL groups but got knocked out. Finished above PSV in my group so went into the EL. about to play 2nd leg of last 16 tie v Porto, beat Gala in the last round. Enjoying the game but fear I'll get the boot if I dont win the league :eek:

• Advertisement

The criteria to win a league medal is ten games in premier league, this never happens with my players, has this rule changed

The criteria to win a league medal is ten games in premier league, this never happens with my players, has this rule changed

Yeah that rule was changed a few years back

Yeah that rule was changed a few years back

So what is the rule now do you know, cause I always liked to get everyone in my squad a medal, now I dont know what it is

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Started off with a couple of teams and couldn't get the hang of tactics at all. Had everything up at fluid and would still get battered at home by a supposedly lesser side. Player positions were right, squad morale all good - nothing worked. Tried with Arsenal (always my first choice to test new features), then Hull.

Finally settled on AFC Wimbledon in League 2. Most enjoyable game I've had in many years now. Had absolutely no money so was relying on loan deals for the first season. Somehow managed to convince the likes of Darren Randolph, Stephen Ward, Cyrus Christie and even more amazingly John Walters to join on season long loans. Got in Danny Holla from Brighton and Joseph Dodoo (love the name) from a higher league side, can't quite remember. Won the league at a canter finishing on 103 points and Johnstone's Paint Trophy (being drawn as home team in every round up to South final really helped) - should be doing that really with a decent backbone - but that's not the really interesting thing to be honest.

Was subjected to a takeover in mid November when we were in the middle of our 16 match winning streak and a sugar daddy buys club, writes off debt and gives me an eye watering 67 mill to spend in January. The first and only time this has ever happened to me in 12 years of playing the game!
    Only problem... Financial Fair fricken Play!! I have all this money and yet can only offer potential players peanuts. Tried to get Christie and Walters to come to club on a permanent basis in the summer as they had us as their favorite club after winning the league and they had some interest but could only offer 1.2k per week so contract talks kept breaking down and eventually lost them. Wage restrictions were finally lifted in late June after losing 85% of my squad on frees (most of them not good enough for step up in fairness) but also missed out on Christie who heads off to Sunderland and Walters who joins newly promoted Cardiff. Managed to snag Randolph once they let me start offering decent wages and brought Holla and Dodoo back to club on permanent basis.

Process now begins of rebuilding entire squad for League One challenge as board expects promotion (in fairness the money pumped in is crazy, got an 85 mill transfer budget and 1 mill wage budget so it's expected) No one in the PL will come near me bar the odd transfer listed one so scouring the Championship now has my team looking like this for League One challenge
    Goals: Randolph ( 1 mill from West Ham)
    Defense: Jay Simpson ( Leicester for 200k) Sebastien Coates(Sunderland for 300k) Yann Songo'o (free from first season) Stephen Kingsley (bit expensive but promising at 3 mill from Swansea)
    Defensive Midfielder: Alaixys Romao (free from OM)
    Midfield: Josh Vela (4 mill from Bolton) Danny Holla (2 mill from Brighton)
    Wings: Callum McManaman (250k from WBA) Josh Murphy (big fee but looks like a big prospect - 8.5 mill up front to Norwich, could rise to 12 depending on how it fares)
    Striker: Ibrahim Sá (2.5 mill from Brighton)
    Subs:
    David Stockdale
    Ryan Taylor
    Samba Diakite
    Jake Reeves
    Dean Cox
    Sam Clucas
    Zach Clough

Won first game in league 3-0 at home to Gillingham then battered Charlton 5-0 (again at home) in Capital One Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Never mind the Sugar Daddy bit, how did you convince Jon Walters to join you in League 2??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,299 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

wardides wrote: »
    Never mind the Sugar Daddy bit, how did you convince Jon Walters to join you in League 2??

I really don't know, I had to promise to make him (a loan player) club captain. He's transfer listed from the start but it's actually something I found a bit silly to be honest. Paid off though, scored 26 goals in all competitions from the right wing!

So what is the rule now do you know, cause I always liked to get everyone in my squad a medal, now I dont know what it is

They reduced it to 5.

They reduced it to 5.

To 5 games, cause Ive had players playing 11 and not getting any :mad:

To 5 games, cause Ive had players playing 11 and not getting any :mad:

how do you know who gets medals??

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3062484/Petr-Cech-receive-winner-s-medal-Chelsea-clinch-title.html

• Advertisement

Advertisement