Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

I was thinking Ozil+Mata > Payet and Cabaye and then using the left overs to upgrade to Aguero. Joe Gomez also one to watch. Think Rodgers favours him over Moreno atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently Diafra Sakho has been arrested for domestic assault.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

Knex. wrote: »
    Apparently Diafra Sakho has been arrested for domestic assault.

Before last week's game and bailed until late September. Don't scare me like that!

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Baines out...Gomez in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

What about Targett for Southampton, will he get many games? Tempted to transfer him in instead of a 4.0 defender I have that didn't play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

What about Targett for Southampton, will he get many games? Tempted to transfer him in instead of a 4.0 defender I have that didn't play.

Bertrand might not be out much longer

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

I wanted to bank but I'm left with no choice. I swapped Damian for Debuchy and Cech for Courtois on the news DeGea wasn't starting.

Courtois out Adrian in.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Arbitrary wrote: »
    I wanted to bank but I'm left with no choice. I swapped Damian for Debuchy and Cech for Courtois on the news DeGea wasn't starting.

Courtois out Adrian in.

Why debuchy? Unlikely he'll play this week. His start last week was a fluke.

FHFC wrote: »
    Why debuchy? Unlikely he'll play this week. His start last week was a fluke.

Wasn't he first choice ahead of Chambers and Bellerin last season? I had to make a quick decision and I wanted Arsenal cover to replace Cech.

There seems to be a lot of discussion as to who will be first choice this season and nothing concrete, so I picked him on the basis that he was first choice last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

Wasn't he first choice ahead of Chambers and Bellerin last season? I had to make a quick decision and I wanted Arsenal cover to replace Cech.

There seems to be a lot of discussion as to who will be first choice this season and nothing concrete, so I picked him on the basis that he was first choice last season.

Bellerin will definitly be first choice, was injured last week.

• Advertisement

danganabu wrote: »
    Bellerin will definitly be first choice, was injured last week.

Interesting, just curious what the source is on this? As I can't find anything concrete anywhere that suggests this is nailed on. Debuchy is a French international with the EC just around the corner, he'll be fighting hard for his place even if Bellerin does get the nod.

I'll wait for the Arsenal presser and I may be forced to play my all out attack chip if that's the case, I'm not taking a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,589 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Interesting, just curious what the source is on this? As I can't find anything concrete anywhere that suggests this is nailed on. Debuchy is a French international with the EC just around the corner, he'll be fighting hard for his place even if Bellerin does get the nod.

I'll wait for the Arsenal presser and I may be forced to play my all out attack chip if that's the case, I'm not taking a -4.

When fit, bellerin is wengers first choice right back. Bellerin was made assurances about game time over the summer when signing a new contract. Debuchy was very poor against West Ham, and bellerin should slot straight back into the team is he is fit this week, if not the week after.

MarkSRFC21 wrote: »
    When fit, bellerin is wengers first choice right back. Bellerin was made assurances about game time over the summer when signing a new contract. Debuchy was very poor against West Ham, and bellerin should slot straight back into the team is he is fit this week, if not the week after.

That explains where all the sentiment stems from.

I still think we'll see a lot of rotation, I'll save myself the headache and ditch Debuchy next week and forget Arsenal defensive cover for now, if Bellerin is fit I'm playing my all out attack chip.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Going to gamble on Walcott this gw.

Transfer of Wilson to Ilagho, bench Fabregas v City as well....

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Do you fancy popping up your new team, I'm certainly curious.

I only saw this now. Opinions more than welcome...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

In my view, wildcarding this early and not bringing in some 'heavy hitters' is asking for trouble. The WC is active so nothing can be done about that part of it but how do you plan to get in Hazard, Aguero, Sanchez or even Rooney?

At least one of these will become almost essential in the coming weeks, more than likely you will want 2 of them. I don't see how you do that with your current team unless you start taking points hits.

You don't need a Liverpool, Man City, Man U AND Arsenal defender. 2 max is enough and use the spare cash to bring in one or two of the 4 mentioned above. At least if you pick the 'wrong' two heavy hitters it will be easier to swap in the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

What's your reasoning re keepers? Begovic will only play 1 game and Elliott is second keeper.

Too much spent in defense. Monreal on your bench (and not guaranteed anyway) for £5.5m is way too dear.

And 8 "big" enough players upfront is bound to multiple selection headaches and disappointments via big pts on your bench. I'm a strong advocate for a strong 7 with a playing £4.5m cheap bench fodder (e.g. Wanyama)

Any cash left? You have none of the big 3 (Hazard, Sanchez, Agüero) which is fine for now. But your respective most expensive midfielder and forward are £8.5m Mata & £9.5m Kane. So if any of the big 3 wakes up earlier than "expected" you're in big trouble to jump aboard!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

As already mentioned I think WC'ing now and not loading up is likely to be a mistake. Its certainly well balanced and if we didn't have captains something like that would be the way to go but having Hazard and Aguero makes the captaincy a lot easier. GKs definitely need to be changed unless you plan on using your first FT on changing Bego and its part of the plan.

Think if I was using it now 5 of my attacking players would be Hazard, Payet, Mane, Aguero & Sakho with the plan to sell Sakho and/or Payet after the run of short term fixtures is over. May as well have Gomez in there for now 4.5 for a defender at a top 6 club is too good to pass up. I'm not convinced Ayew will be great value I would prefer Henderson at that price or else drop them down and add a better 4th defender.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Guess I'll have to re think. I'll have another go later on and post up. I'm going to have to loose two of my big hitters in defence, two in midfield just to replace them with two of Aguero/Sanchez/hazard/Costa.

Will report back later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

I wouldn't be wildcarding yet just in case a Benzema/Pedro/Draxler/de Bruyne type signing is made. Still a lot can happen in the transfer window and a number of players who got 90mins at the weekend could move to the bench. Ibe and Gomez for example are not guaranteed to start for Liverpool, Darmian might not always start ahead of Valencia, Yaya might leave City, Stones might replace Cahill at Chelsea etc etc

I'd hold off another couple of weeks until the teams are more settled rather than deciding based on 1 game in very early August

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Guess I'll have to re think. I'll have another go later on and post up. I'm going to have to loose two of my big hitters in defence, two in midfield just to replace them with two of Aguero/Sanchez/hazard/Costa.

Will report back later.

I'm a proponent of spending at the back so I would probably be having maybe 6 or 7 players in the 5m-7m bracket. Gomez would definitely be my 4th/5th defender

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

so yesterday i was giving out about the madness of using a wc after one week. i think ive had a slight chang of heart. prices are start fluctuating a lot soon and to get the team im about to list, id have to wildcard. will see how this week pans out before pulling the trigger. undure of a darmian/gomis or benteke/richards (other 4.5) combo

possible wc team

butland, myhill

cedric, alder, huth, richards, oxford
    hazard, sanchez, cabaye, payet, behrami
    aguero, benteke, deeney

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I don't think it matters how early or late you wildcard as long as you get it right. With the wildcard, the end justifies the means.

Regarding Pedro and Costa, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I think I will only have two 11+ mil players in my team at once anyway in order to have a balanced squad.

But you not giving yourself the best opportunity of getting it right, if you are basing it off one game. what has changed so much since last week when you set up your squad? Being honest i think your just panicking cause you think you got a low score, when in fact you probably not worse off than most folk.

You say you won't have 2 11m+ players in your team but if Hazard/Sanchez/Aguero repeat last year's performance they will be must have's coupled with possible Pedro, and other new signings.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The big point for me about holding the WC isn't about being priced out if the players I want.

The point is I might think I know all the players I want, but the reality is we've had one GW. not only that, it was a very odd, low scoring GW. We need to monitor the lie of the land for at least 3 GWs.

plus, there are transfers to happen before the transfer window shuts.

The pros of holding on to the WC far outweigh the cons for me.

also, I say all this having heavily contemplated wildcarding after the weekend then coming to my senses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ace2007 wrote: »

You say you won't have 2 11m+ players in your team but if Hazard/Sanchez/Aguero repeat last year's performance they will be must have's coupled with possible Pedro, and other new signings.

Yes I said I won't have two 11+ million players in my team right now. I stilll stand by that. It won't be possible to have a balanced squad that way unless you have a higher team value. One benefit of wildcarding in week 1 is you can take advantage of price rises so that down the line you can have 3 11+ million pound players in your team faster than most others can.

Regarding Costa, I already have Hazard in my team and don't see Costa as a priority. Pedro- lets wait till a) he signs for someone and b) he plays a few games for them.

You are talking as if wildcarding this early will seriously impact peoples ability to make moves down the line and that's simply not the case if you get the wildcard right.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Yes I said I won't have two 11+ million players in my team right now. I stilll stand by that. It won't be possible to have a balanced squad that way unless you have a higher team value. One benefit of wildcarding in week 1 is you can take advantage of price rises so that down the line you can have 3 11+ million pound players in your team faster than most others can.

Regarding Costa, I already have Hazard in my team and don't see Costa as a priority. Pedro- lets wait till a) he signs for someone and b) he plays a few games for them.

You are talking as if wildcarding this early will seriously impact peoples ability to make moves down the line and that's simply not the case if you get the wildcard right.

I2NwuEB.png

Here's a team with 3 11m+ players and it looks balanced to me. It's also allows for flexibility. Sanchez can be easily swapped for Silva, Hazard can be downgraded to a premium mid and Benteke could be upgraded to Rooney for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭TaytoCrisps

Walcott out for Siggy or Payet . Walcott will come good but don't like players who get rotated so much ! it frees up a bit of money for Aguero later as well

• Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Can't understand the rush to get Walcott out. They were pants with Giroud up top, very very big chance he'll change it up this weekend. Trip to Palace who even Norwich managed to score against (and had a legit second ruled out).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

So when are people bringing in Aguero? GW3?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Can't understand the rush to get Walcott out. They were pants with Giroud up top, very very big chance he'll change it up this weekend. Trip to Palace who even Norwich managed to score against (and had a legit second ruled out).

I dumped him and am very fearful that there'll be instant regret this weekend. But so be it, I made money on his replacement who has enabled me to get Aguero in. For 9m, you need to be confident a player is going to start nearly every week.

Advertisement