Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Van Gaal on De Gea "he still has the same problem"

So Romero in goal again tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Im looking at this for the next 3 weeks.
    gw 2 hazard to chadli
    gw 3 walcott to silva
    gw 4 rooney to aguero

until i wildcard i dont think its possible for me to have hazard, aguero and silva/sanchez at the one time so something has to give

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I'm banking too. I'm not even tempted by any transfers.

I can do it I know I can do it. Benteke does look very tempting though :confused::confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

Anyone know if Lukaku will be dropped for Kone?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

jimmii wrote: »
    I can do it I know I can do it. Benteke does look very tempting though :confused::confused:

s9Fj3dF.jpg>

You know you want to, even Quimby is captaining him !!!

• Advertisement

On The Q.T wrote: »
    Anyone know if Lukaku will be dropped for Kone?

Can't see it happening yet. Stranger things have happened though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

He could be good but I'm happy enough with Rooney Kane and Sakho for this week at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,745 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Just looked in on this thread for the first time, is it me or is this place much busier than previously???
    I'm looking at banking the transfer this week to facilitate the Aguero and possibly Sanchez arrivals for week three with a 4 point hit.
    I'll hang onto Theo for the meantime and hope that he can put some points on the board to arrest the slide, I won't be gambling by transferring him out on Friday night when so much could happen to damage my team in 8 days.
    I still prefer Sterling to Silva for the moment, he wasn't good against WBA but he's certainly going to come good IMO and he's value for the 1m price difference I think.

Colking wrote: »
    You know you want to, even Quimby is captaining him !!!

Well if Quimby is in! Love the picture!

He could be good but I'm happy enough with Rooney Kane and Sakho for this week at least.

Snap!

• Advertisement

Just looked in on this thread for the first time, is it me or is this place much busier than previously???
    I'm looking at banking the transfer this week to facilitate the Aguero and possibly Sanchez arrivals for week three with a 4 point hit.
    I'll hang onto Theo for the meantime and hope that he can put some points on the board to arrest the slide, I won't be gambling by transferring him out on Friday night when so much could happen to damage my team in 8 days.
    I still prefer Sterling to Silva for the moment, he wasn't good against WBA but he's certainly going to come good IMO and he's value for the 1m price difference I think.

Wow yeh page 11 does seem a hell of a lot more than we saw last season and its a shorter week than normal! I guess its Aguero/Walcott/Wildcarders causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

Sticking with this forward line too. It was a 50/50 decision for me last week to bring in kane or benteke, and on the evidence of benteke's 90 mins against stoke, I see no reason that i made the wrong decision

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

This is what people have been at every day since Saturday, trying to "fix" their teams, it's no wonder this thread is busy!

gGiLZdj.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Place does seem way busier than previous years.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Im looking at this for the next 3 weeks.
    gw 2 hazard to chadli
    gw 3 walcott to silva
    gw 4 rooney to aguero

until i wildcard i dont think its possible for me to have hazard, aguero and silva/sanchez at the one time so something has to give

My hope is to have Aguero for the Everton game. I've already freed up 3.5 mil by downgrading Walcott to Mahrez so I have enough to go Rooney - Aguero whenever I like.

Everton were shocking last week against Watford so Kun could have a field day. I think he has a decent record against Everton too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

If Silva stays playing the wandering central position behind Aguero he will return more points than last year.

I'm pretty keen to get him,Sanchez and Aguero into a team without a wildcard hopefully.

Lemlin wrote: »
    My hope is to have Aguero for the Everton game. I've already freed up 3.5 mil by downgrading Walcott to Mahrez so I have enough to go Rooney - Aguero whenever I like.

Everton were shocking last week against Watford so Kun could have a field day. I think he has a decent record against Everton too.
    if i do hazard to chadli it gives me 4.5 so i could do benteke to aguero next week rather than the previous plan. What do you think of selling hazard?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

if i do hazard to chadli it gives me 4.5 so i could do benteke to aguero next week rather than the previous plan. What do you think of selling hazard?

It's not something I'm planning myself but I can see your reasoning. I'm not exactly happy about selling Rooney which is why I have thought about Ivan to a 4 mil defender and that leaves me with enough to go Sakho to Aguero.

I wouldn't have Aguero for GW3 then though, unless I take a 4 point hit.

I wouldn't be happy to take Benteke out if I were you until you see how he does Monday night. MOTD2 showed that he looked sharp enough against Stoke. Liverpool just weren't getting the ball to him.

dahat wrote: »
    If Silva stays playing the wandering central position behind Aguero he will return more points than last year.

I'm pretty keen to get him,Sanchez and Aguero into a team without a wildcard hopefully.

Even if he does he isn't great value as you are never going to captain him unless you plan on going without Aguero and a 10m player who is never captain just isn't good value for your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Penalties and massive ownership are the only reasons i'd hold him. If he puts a big score up he will do serious damage to your ranking if you don't have him.

He didn't look great against Swansea though. If he lost penalty duties he would be out on his arse for Sanchez or Silva.

• Advertisement

zarquon wrote: »
    Penalties and massive ownership are the only reasons i'd hold him. If he puts a big score up he will do serious damage to your ranking if you don't have him.

He didn't look great against Swansea though. If he lost penaltie duties he would be out on his arse for Sanchez or Silva.
    I cant see him being massively captained the next few weeks which helps his best fixture is gw 4 home to palace but city play watford at home.

I cant see him being massively captained the next few weeks which helps his best fixture is gw 4 home to palace but city play watford at home.

That's the problem, 11.5m is too much for someone who is not a valid captaincy option. I'm tempted to get rid of him myself but i fear the damage he could do if i don't have him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Lemlin wrote: »
    It's not something I'm planning myself but I can see your reasoning. I'm not exactly happy about selling Rooney which is why I have thought about Ivan to a 4 mil defender and that leaves me with enough to go Sakho to Aguero.

I wouldn't have Aguero for GW3 then though, unless I take a 4 point hit.

I wouldn't be happy to take Benteke out if I were you until you see how he does Monday night. MOTD2 showed that he looked sharp enough against Stoke. Liverpool just weren't getting the ball to him.

Liverpool played without a quality DM. If a team presses them like Stoke did, Benteke will be starved, but if they can get their possession game going, Benteke could be big points. A lot of ifs and buts, but worth keeping an eye on.

That's the problem, 11.5m is too much for someone who is not a valid captaincy option. I'm tempted to get rid of him myself but i fear the damage he could do if i don't have him.

With him not being captained widely then the value you get from where you use those additional funds should cover him unless he goes on a big run of scoring 30+ over the next 4 which given the fixtures doesn't seem that likely. Looking at it now I am not sure why I started with Hazard I wish I had held off!

I am not sure why I started with Hazard I wish I had held off!

681.gif

681.gif

I can't stop watching that its hypnotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 608 ✭✭✭breffni bogballer

Nothing too exciting for me,caught with no GK,so hennessy out for myhill

• Registered Users Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Nothing too exciting for me,caught with no GK,so hennessy out for myhill

Will Hennessey play?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,997 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Will Hennessey play?

Doesn't look like he will get the nod ahead of McCarthy

• Advertisement

With him not being captained widely then the value you get from where you use those additional funds should cover him unless he goes on a big run of scoring 30+ over the next 4 which given the fixtures doesn't seem that likely. Looking at it now I am not sure why I started with Hazard I wish I had held off!

I started with him because he was a great captain option for gw1 and could've seriously damaged those without. Also due to doubts over aguero sanchez and Costa there was nowhere else to put ur money.

Advertisement