Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options
  • 08-08-2015 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭

Wildcard activated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wildcard activated

Really? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,080 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Really? :)

No, it's just one of Kev's favourite jokes each season.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Tangatagamadda Chaddabinga Bonga Bungo

No, it's just one of Kev's favourite jokes each season.

I feel duped out of my lol now! I'll simply have to close my account from embarrassment and re reg in a few months when all this has died down.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

depay in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I dont intend to make any transfers but if there are any 4.0 defenders playing then I may well free up a bit of cash to move my bench fodder to cheaper bench fodder.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,412 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Menas wrote: »
    I dont intend to make any transfers but if there are any 4.0 defenders playing then I may well free up a bit of cash to move my bench fodder to cheaper bench fodder.

You say that now, but wait till the first bandwagon of the season raises its ugly head!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

You say that now, but wait till the first bandwagon of the season raises its ugly head!

In about 15 minutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Going to roll that bad boy over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Nothing yet, but give it until all the matches are played and we'll see!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mahrez.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

PVA out

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Bank it assuming no injuries though Mahrez is tempting but who to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭neasyerac

Might get in vardy, For 6.0 he is a bargain who always looks like scoring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Banking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Vardy or Mahrez look like real options,frees up some funds for later transfers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,640 ✭✭✭✭dahat

zerks wrote: »
    Vardy or Mahrez look like real options,frees up some funds for later transfers too.

Mahrez looks ideal for a future Aguero transfer, question is when to move?

I'd have to sell Sterling,Mane or Payet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Similar situation Mane staying will depend on j rod

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I picked a squad for three weeks and by f*** I'll stick to it, no matter how useless they are!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

I picked a squad for three weeks and by f*** I'll stick to it, no matter how useless they are!

That's the spirit!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Trying hard not to knee-jerk, but as I said in the GW thread, I'm worried about having Rooney and Memphis given how insipid United's attacking was. Tempted to do Memphis to Cabaye, but their respective fixtures suggest I should have some patience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

If Aguero starts I will be taking a points hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

If Aguero starts I will be taking a points hit.

Next game is chelsea though...think im gonna bank it this week then bring him in with 2 FTs for GW3

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

I am regretting choosing the cheaper Fab over Hazard already. Its tough watching him play when you don't have him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Next game is chelsea though...think im gonna bank it this week then bring him in with 2 FTs for GW3

Aguero can score against anyone though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,678 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chelsea with a second choice keeper, the same chelsea that conceded two against swansea, if Aguero is fit, then he should be bought imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Chelsea with a second choice keeper, the same chelsea that conceded two against swansea, if Aguero is fit, then he should be bought imo.

If Aguero is fit he is a potential captain choice too. There is something just not right with Chelsea at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Possibly Van Aanholt -> Williams

Need a keeper after Courtois' red card,

options are to get someone in for Hennessy.
    Swap Courtois for Romero thus saving 0.5
    Do nothing and play with no keeper next week -

Will wait to see if Aguero gets game time and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Need a keeper after Courtois' red card,

options are to get someone in for Hennessy.
    Swap Courtois for Romero thus saving 0.5
    Do nothing and play with no keeper next week -

Will wait to see if Aguero gets game time and take it from there.

If you've identified Courtois as the the goalkeeper you want to have, are you really going to let a one game ban change that? If I were you I'd switch Hennessy to McCarthy and play him next week. Getting in Romero is a bad idea while the transfer window is still open, as anything could happen with the United goalkeeper situation.

• Advertisement

If you've identified Courtois as the the goalkeeper you want to have, are you really going to let a one game ban change that? If I were you I'd switch Hennessy to McCarthy and play him next week. Getting in Romero is a bad idea while the transfer window is still open, as anything could happen with the United goalkeeper situation.

Well actually last night, i had planned on transferring out Courtois and Hennessy and going with Romero and Johnstone, but Johnstone wasn't added to the game so i couldn't go with that option - and was busy all morning.

Palace play Arsenal next week - so not overly keen on the idea of transferring in a a keeper for just that one game, hence the thought of going without a keeper.

But I'll wait to see what happens this weekend.

Advertisement