Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

anyone considering dumping hazard

Not yet. Class player, Chelsea just need to settle down which I reckon will happen shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

CSF wrote: »
    Considering the same. Particularly if Bellerin is back.

Wenger (Bellerin injury) "it's a matter of days. He should be ready for next week"

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Just let a massive ARF outta me there:

Walcott to Mahrez
    Ivan to Darmian

Had a FT carrying over from last year :)

5m itb to upgrade either Benteke or Pelle (or possibly even Rooney and have change to get Sanchez, Silva upgrade later) depending how they do next week.

Really liked the look of Darmian and wanted to get in before any rises as it would have ruled out Pelle to Aguero. Both Ivan and Walcott could bite me but the way things are shaping up, Ivan is an expensive luxury and there's too many better/safer options than Theo.

Hoping that -4 will ease any need for a WC, would like to hold on for a bit into the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Joe Gomez saved me big time this week.

Brought in Ighalo for Wilson, think he will have a big week this week and will even captain him. With the exception of Man City, Watford have good fixtures up until GW9 - anyway, can't go any worse than my week 1 captain.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Wildcarded...Picked a poor team for GW one, nobody to blame but myself.
    I'm extremely happy with my team for GW2 though.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

PARlance wrote: »
    Ivan to Darmian

Had a FT carrying over from last year :)

They really carry over? I gave up in the last few months but have no extra FT.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Banking unless Bellerin is ruled out

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Tinie wrote: »
    They really carry over? I gave up in the last few months but have no extra FT.

Nope they don't, hence the :) and I mentioned the -4 just after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Defender Conundrum

I'm currently going with this for next week

Gomez(BOU), Bellerin(cry), Cedric(EVE)

Benching

Coates(NOR), Oxford(LEI).

hen I was initially putting the defence together I would have thought Coates would be a shoe in for this week but after GW1 .....

Any advice ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

People need to calm themselves. Its week one, no need for rash wildcards, -8 and tearing teams apart to get in Gomez and their ilk. Steady, measured, relaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Here's my plan:

This week: Walcott --> Payet
    Double up on West Ham for their next 2 fixtures.

GW3: Bank
    GW4:
    Rooney --> Aguero
    Sakho --> Deeney/Wilson/Defoe

I would have no Arsenal (except Koscielny) but it would let me double up on City (Aguero + Sterling)

I'd still prefer Silva to Sterling but it would be tough to find an extra 1m without wildcarding.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

You're going really regret that once the transfer window ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Colking wrote: »
    Defender Conundrum

I'm currently going with this for next week

Gomez(BOU), Bellerin(cry), Cedric(EVE)

Benching

Coates(NOR), Oxford(LEI).

hen I was initially putting the defence together I would have thought Coates would be a shoe in for this week but after GW1 .....

Any advice ?

I also have Coates, who I'm not confident about. But I think your options are better than mine. For me it's Francis (LIV) or Coates. I think I'm going to go with Coates. GW1 was just so bizarre, that I'm not going to read too much into it.

I think in your case, Gomez is a better pick than Coates. Cedric is a tougher one. Everton were poor, but they are definitely capable of scoring. The clean sheet odds might be your friend here!

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Tomagotchye

Going to drop Ki sonce he's injured. Thinking either Obertan or Ibe because they would free up a little extra for later on. Neither guaranteed but both with possible returns. Ibe especially if he plays.

Thanks very much, Cedric is a slightly dodgy one alright, from the little I've seen of him so far it seems he's good attacking, not so good defending. Hopefully he can channel the agression as well.

Everton seem a bit all over the place between Baines injury and Chelsea fluttering their eyelashes at Stones.

Going to drop Ki sonce he's injured. Thinking either Obertan or Ibe because they would free up a little extra for later on. Neither guaranteed but both with possible returns. Ibe especially if he plays.

Newcastle supporter viewpoint on selecting Obertan-

Negatives
    Obertan was woefull for the last few seasons. He is a rightfooted player and was played on the left. Shteve has said that he tactically played Obertan instead of Aarons to get in behind Coates as he knew Southampton would bomb forward and he wanted to catch them out.

Positives
    Every player had a one to one meeting with Shteve at the start of the season and were told it was a clean sheet. He seems to be living up to this promise. Obertan and Haidara are friends off the pitch and seem to have a good link play capacity on the pitch. Theres a decent chance he could get the nod again. Also Obertan is one fast fecker.

Ultimately - unless Obertan follows up with a strong display again this week I think it'll be Aarons time.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Thinking strongly about Mahrez for Sterling so as to free up some moolah for Augero and then some.

Thinking strongly about Mahrez for Sterling so as to free up some moolah for Augero and then some.

Did this last night. I was surprised Mahrez didn't go up in value last night though. It will be interesting to see if he does tonight.

My viewpoint is that they have a nice run of games, he only missed my final cut by the skin of his teeth and on Saturday there were definite shades of "The one that got away .... :( "

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Colking wrote: »
    Did this last night. I was surprised Mahrez didn't go up in value last night though. It will be interesting to see if he does tonight.

My viewpoint is that they have a nice run of games, he only missed my final cut by the skin of his teeth and on Saturday there were definite shades of "The one that got away .... :( "

Thats the story of this game:pac:

I can't say that I considered him before the deadline. Sterlings next two fixtures are pretty tough and with Aguero back in the frame he will be less likely to get into positions of scoring imo. Even if he does its not at all certain that he puts it away a la Welbeck.

Yaya is tempting as a straight swap but it wouldnt leave me in a strong position to get Aguero.
    Bringing Kun in for their home game v Watford sounds enticing!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Wilson -> Sakho a no-brainer FT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Do you fancy popping up your new team, I'm certainly curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Fab ----> Payet - done

Any thoughts on my front three ??

Berahino
    Benteke ---- Kane

Was contemplating Benteke to Aguero after this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

miller82 wrote: »
    Fab ----> Payet - done

Any thoughts on my front three ??

Berahino
    Benteke ---- Kane

Was contemplating Benteke to Aguero after this week.

Benteke while he didn't do much against Stoke plays his home debut next week against Bournemouth this weekend. Captain material if you ask me!

Kane also looked sharp so i'l be holding on to him too for now although if anyone is going to make way for Aguero it will probably be him. My other striker is Rooney. I have no input on Berahino as i didn't see the West Brom game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Walcott
    >Mahrez

• Registered Users Posts: 13,335 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Banking it. Probably the first time ever doing that after GW1.

Everybody played and while my score wasn't great I'm ok with the team I have given the early fixtures. Mahrez is tempting but id prefer the 2FT the following week.

Watching the games this weekend it's clear that a lot of the teams are not up to the usual pace yet so I'm putting it down to the early start to the league this year and playing the patient game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Benteke while he didn't do much against Stoke plays his home debut next week against Bournemouth this weekend. Captain material if you ask me!

Kane also looked sharp so i'l be holding on to him too for now although if anyone is going to make way for Aguero it will probably be him. My other striker is Rooney. I have no input on Berahino as i didn't see the West Brom game

yeah i was thinking the same regarding Benteke this weekend, but very nervous about not having Aguero. i think after next week i will switch the two, and every time Aguero gets inevitably injured, Benteke will be my go to guy

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Considered Mahrez but decided against it. I don't think he'll keep it up, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Phoenix Wright

Wilson -> Sakho a no-brainer FT

That was actually intended to be a question. Should I bring in Sakho for Wilson?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Knex. wrote: »
    Considered Mahrez but decided against it. I don't think he'll keep it up, tbh.

4 goals and 3 assists in 25 starts last season wasn't bad considering Leicester struggled for a lot of the year. He's now on penalties as well because I can't see Leicester changing their line-up from Saturday.

His Leicester record is 9 goals and 8 assists in 52 games. That's a return every three games.

http://www.transfermarkt.com/riyad-mahrez/leistungsdaten/spieler/171424/plus/?saison=2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭CorkyLFC

Undecided about Walcott. Will he start from the bench again?

Advertisement