Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭8-10

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So when are people bringing in Aguero? GW3?

Only if he scores well in GW2, if he blanks I'm holding off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

GW2 and I'm already going for a -4 hit. Currently on Carzola+Wilson > Payet+Sahko.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

sheroman01 wrote: »
    So when are people bringing in Aguero? GW3?

Trying hard to resist till GW4 v Watford, going well so far!!! Lol!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,438 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

On the Walcott thing:

Was played up front for last years FA cu final...and all the way through pre season. Then he signs a new contract and it's back to Giroud. Just saying. For me he was the first out of my team after GW1. A risk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

I2NwuEB.png

Here's a team with 3 11m+ players and it looks balanced to me. It's also allows for flexibility. Sanchez can be easily swapped for Silva, Hazard can be downgraded to a premium mid and Benteke could be upgraded to Rooney for example.

It's not really though. Those goalkeepers and Huth probably aren't getting many clean sheets, Saylor doesn't play, Gomez's place isn't guaranteed and you will be playing Mahrez every week.

Also, you are already talking about downgrading Sanchez or Hazard to make the rest of the team stronger.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

It's not really though. Those goalkeepers and Huth probably aren't getting many clean sheets, Saylor doesn't play, Gomez's place isn't guaranteed and you will be playing Mahrez every week.

Also, you are already talking about downgrading Sanchez or Hazard to make the rest of the team stronger.

Nothing wrong with playing Mahrez every week imo:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

PARlance wrote: »
    I dumped him and am very fearful that there'll be instant regret this weekend. But so be it, I made money on his replacement who has enabled me to get Aguero in. For 9m, you need to be confident a player is going to start nearly every week.

This. For 9million or 9% of your entire squad he's an unacceptable risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

So what players are you moving in/out - If your going to balance team - your defence is not going to have changed from GW1 to GW2, the only area that you might change is your midfield.

Anyway you obv have already used your WC so just wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

stephenl15 wrote: »

You've taken advantage of the price rise hopefully plural he has a nice run of games and you have plenty of time to evaluate. This is exactly the kind of no brainer enabler you need. He also has good potential to become one of this seasons siggys (I reckon there will be 3 or 4 of them this year)

Yes I said I won't have two 11+ million players in my team right now. I stilll stand by that. It won't be possible to have a balanced squad that way unless you have a higher team value. One benefit of wildcarding in week 1 is you can take advantage of price rises so that down the line you can have 3 11+ million pound players in your team faster than most others can.

Here's a balance team, which some may say has to much spent in defence, - so you could even upgrade Sinclair if you wanted to. It's based off 100m.

The price rises you talk about are actually at a disadvantage in GW1, as GW2 starts on a Friday, so you lose an day of potential rises.

358384.png

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Here's a balance team, which some may say has to much spent in defence, - so you could even upgrade Sinclair if you wanted to. It's based off 100m.

The price rises you talk about are actually at a disadvantage in GW1, as GW2 starts on a Friday, so you lose an day of potential rises.

358384.png

Who do you think will score more points here for the next few months.
    1- Sanchez, Defoe and Sinclair
    2- Mane, Sahko and Cabaye

When I say a balanced team, I mean 11 players that will score consistently. If you think option 1 is stronger than option 2 then that's fair enough but I don't. When you have a higher team value I think it's possible to have three 11+ million players but right now it's detrimental to the rest of your team imo

You are right about the earlier deadline being a disadvantage in GW1 but I still stand by the decision to wildcard and I don't regret doing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Walcott to Payet. Done. 1.5m in the bank. Don't need much more to go Rooney -> Aguero in GW3 or 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

stephenl15 wrote: »

Exactly. Picking a cheap player with form and decent fixtures to put in the 4th mid spot for a spell is one of the keys to this game imo.

Who do you think will score more points here for the next few months.
    1- Sanchez, Defoe and Sinclair
    2- Mane, Sahko and Cabaye

When I say a balanced team, I mean 11 players that will score consistently. If you think option 1 is stronger than option 2 then that's fair enough but I don't. When you have a higher team value I think it's possible to have three 11+ million players but right now it's detrimental to the rest of your team imo

You are right about the earlier deadline being a disadvantage in GW1 but I still stand by the decision to wildcard and I don't regret doing it.

Personally i think option 1 will easily outscore the second option, but what you've missed is i don't have to play Sinclair. i can just downgrade one of the defenders and buy a stronger mid/forward for example Cisse for newcastle - main striker and when on form can bang them in. Mahrez for Leicester can come in if you fancy him.

Anyway i shall be off on holidays tomorrow so won't be around here for a week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,624 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's not all about clean sheets with the GKs though. Afaik Panti outscored Courtois last season largely thanks to his ability to pick up save points. There's two defenders from Arsenal and Chelsea that would play every week and two 4.5m defenders to rotate for the third spot...Huth and Gomez are just 2 examples but there's plenty of choice and value to be found. Saylor can be upgraded when team value improves or when a clearer picture emerges of good value players, allowing you to free up funds for upgrades. Would have no problem playing Mahrez every week, you can't start off with 4 premium mids without the rest of your team suffering. Siggy last season ended up being the cheap 4th mid for most people and he did alright.

I wasn't talking about downgrading Sanchez or Hazard to make the team stronger, I was talking about them being interchangeable and easily swapping them for players in a similar price bracket depending on form and fixtures. That's far easier to achieve with Hazard and Sanchez than with say 4 mid priced options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

It's not all about clean sheets with the GKs though. Afaik Panti outscored Courtois last season largely thanks to his ability to pick up save points. There's two defenders from Arsenal and Chelsea that would play every week and two 4.5m defenders to rotate for the third spot...Huth and Gomez are just 2 examples but there's plenty of choice and value to be found. Saylor can be upgraded when team value improves or when a clearer picture emerges of good value players, allowing you to free up funds for upgrades.

gomez is probably only going to play when liverpool are set up more defensively,could see moreno starting this week,any idea if saylor could get a starting position,i have both of them and 1 will have to go or i am going to end up with 10 men

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

starting to think i may sell hazard this gw. I dont see myself captaining him in the next few gws and im going to need to free up money from somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

It's not all about clean sheets with the GKs though. Afaik Panti outscored Courtois last season largely thanks to his ability to pick up save points.

He did 123 points vs 121.
    Important to note that neither player played the full season either. (When comparing both against other keepers, as an aside Joe Hart kept the most clean sheets)
    Panti outscored him Court even though he played about 3 less games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

starting to think i may sell hazard this gw. I dont see myself captaining him in the next few gws and im going to need to free up money from somewhere.

He's certainly one to keep an eye on. He started last season slowly too. The trouble is that given his high ownership, if he doesn't start to perform soon, he will start haemmorrhaging value.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 On The Q.T

Are Walcott owners persisting with him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

On The Q.T wrote: »
    Only out of necessity. I had bigger concerns before I even got to his name!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭internet_user

On The Q.T wrote: »

im giving him this weekend and unless he starts and gets a hattrick he'll be making way to fund aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭LostArt

AdMMM wrote: »
    Only out of necessity. I had bigger concerns before I even got to his name!

Same, he has this week and if he does nothing he's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Bugg

Looking at selling Walcott next week depending on his situation at the weekend, thinking of the following:

Walcott and Mané
    to
    Sanchez and a 7.0 midfielder (thinking Shaqiri)

I've 1.0 in the bank.

I'd like to get Sanchez in after this weekend and this is the only way I can get him. Is worth downgrading Mané to get in Sanchez or should I be looking at just replacing Walcott with someone like Ozil or a City midfielder?

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

I'm going to hold onto Walcott for the weekend. He is a player who could score a couple and nail down a starting place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Trying to bank the transfer but have doubts over Ibe and Coates starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 moose522

Jus swapped given for guzan as my backup keeper.

I'm Pretty confident that this is the final piece in my teams puzzle, the team should take off now next week

• Registered Users Posts: 47 jd1594

Tempted to switch Walcott out for Silva but knowing the backlash against Grioud from last week he could play up front and might be worth banking a transfer now to get Aguero in later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Still holding firm on the banking. Just another 24 hours to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

jimmii wrote: »
    Still holding firm on the banking. Just another 24 hours to go.

I'm banking too. I'm not even tempted by any transfers.

Advertisement