Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Undecided about Walcott. Will he start from the bench again?

I'm hopeful this wont be the case given Arsenal's performance at the weekend. You would have to think Wenger will be looking at different tactics after that and starting Walcott ahead of Giroud could be just the thing. I'll be giving him one more week anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Was Bellerin injured for Arsenals first game or did he play?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

I'm hopeful this wont be the case given Arsenal's performance at the weekend. You would have to think Wenger will be looking at different tactics after that and starting Walcott ahead of Giroud could be just the thing. I'll be giving him one more week anyway!

Undecided myself too. I have Ozil and Walcott but am seriously considering Payet for his next two games.

I genuinely thought West Ham would be very poor this season and Arsenal to blow them away hence the doubling up for GW1.

Payet in for Walcot or Ozil?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Just about to press the go button on the wildcard, really like this team now, Yaya and Silva in with Aguero, and although theyv'e chelsea next, after that, theyv'e a nice run of very winnable games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

joe123 wrote: »
    Undecided myself too. I have Ozil and Walcott but am seriously considering Payet for his next two games.

I genuinely thought West Ham would be very poor this season and Arsenal to blow them away hence the doubling up for GW1.

Ozil is too hit and miss for me! Any time i have him he blanks and as soon as i ship him out he goes on a purple patch scoring and assisting. Generally I find if Walcott plays he gets points more consistently over the years. I'll be keeping Walcott for now and have no intention of briging Ozil in so i guess that's my opinion however once fit i'll probably look at shipping him out for Sanchez if I can get the money together.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

CorkyLFC wrote: »
    Undecided about Walcott. Will he start from the bench again?

With Sanchez back as well, it's hard to see him getting a consistent run of starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Just about to press the go button on the wildcard, really like this team now, Yaya and Silva in with Aguero, and although theyv'e chelsea next, after that, theyv'e a nice run of very winnable games

Way too early for wildcard IMO. The window isn't even closed yet. As you say the Chelsea game isn't teh nicest, and after the way City played yesterday I'd imagine Jose will be parking the bus. Hold off at least a week if you can would be my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Way too early for wildcard IMO. The window isn't even closed yet. As you say the Chelsea game isn't teh nicest, and after the way City played yesterday I'd imagine Jose will be parking the bus. Hold off at least a week if you can would be my advice.

Ah i Played it, i didnt like my team anyway, to many non starters, this team looks much better and everybody should start, well apart from one and thats a maybe, i didnt bring silva in, so its just yaya and aguero from city and still have 3.5m to play with if i want to bring Silva in

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭DulchieLaois

thinking strongly of wildcard, at least now, i know who and what are playing, therefore ideal to have new team in place rather than seeing my crap team every week

though deciding to wait till GW4 though ??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

thinking strongly of wildcard, at least now, i know who and what are playing, therefore ideal to have new team in place rather than seeing my crap team every week

though deciding to wait till GW4 though ??

Thing is, you don't know who will play. It's been one game. The transfer window isn't even over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Thing is, you don't know who will play. It's been one game. The transfer window isn't even over.

This. Personally I'm hoping to see a Pedro entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I'm getting very excited about the prospects for Stoke! Shaqiri is a real eye-catching signing for them and while it'll take a while for their squad to get settled, I have high hopes for them coming into Christmas and beyond.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Do not wildcard.

We're a week in to the season. A single week. The transfer window is still open, player and teams are still coming back to full match fitness. Madness to blow the wildcard this early.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

joe123 wrote: »

I'm also strongly considering Payet in for Ozil.

Undure if it's wise. Free transfers are like gold dust

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭sheroman01

An underwhelming start but still 1pt above average for GW1. A lot of things to take in after GW1 but won't panic just yet.

Current line-up below:

Butland - (Ruddy)
    Azpi - Alderweireld - Francis (O'Shea, Saylor)
    Depay - Hazard - Carzola - Anya (Ritchie)
    Rooney - Kane - Wilson

2.5m ITB

Haven't a clue who to bring in. 3 Bournemouth players definitely seems overkill!

Chadli/Payet/Couthino in for Ritchie?
    Gomez/Richards in for Francis?
    Sakho/Zarate in for Wilson?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Wamble

That was actually intended to be a question. Should I bring in Sakho for Wilson?

I like it. He had a couple of chances versus Villa but not sure he's strong enough for the premiership. He'll really struggle against the bigger teams. Deeney (same price) looked much more comfortable. Watford's fixtures put me off him though. I expect Sakho to smash his 6.5 price tag (bar injury). Make that transfer!
    AdMMM wrote: »
    I'm getting very excited about the prospects for Stoke! Shaqiri is a real eye-catching signing for them and while it'll take a while for their squad to get settled, I have high hopes for them coming into Christmas and beyond.

Agreed.
    MagicIRL wrote: »
    Do not wildcard.

We're a week in to the season. A single week. The transfer window is still open, player and teams are still coming back to full match fitness. Madness to blow the wildcard this early.

Exactly. The average score was 34 points. Thats including 11% of people playing one of their chips! Wildcarding now would be foolish. Everyone had a bad week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Quite worried about no Liverpool attacking player this week. But you can't have em all.

Silva seems a must have, hopefully get him in for next week somehow.

A wee -4 this week or next could be on the cards

• Registered Users Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭LostArt

Walcott or Ozil -> Payet, Ozil's ****e performance vs Walcotts benching is making this decision harder than it should be

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I forgot how frustrating Sterling can be and it doesn't look like things have changed. I'll probably dump him for Payet or Ayew which will give me the funds to upgrade Rooney to Aguero from GW4 on.

Any other midfielders for 7m or under? Regretting not picking cabaye instead of Sterling as originally planned....

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭dasa29

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Do not wildcard.

I Agree with this and to be honest I would take a 4 or 8 point hit rather than use the wildcard. I will make a few transfers this week as 2 of my defenders did not play and a third was on the bench for his match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,180 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

FHFC wrote: »
    Quite worried about no Liverpool attacking player this week. But you can't have em all.

Yeah, it seems that instead of 2 up front, it'll be Aguero with Silva central most of the time for City.

In that position, he could easily be the highest scoring midfielder in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭L.S.F

Original plan was Costa captain and Sanchez vice. With both being doubtful I brought in Rooney and Walcott instead and swapped the captaincy order too. Drafted in Silva too to beef up the midfield.

Plan was gameweek 1 - Chelsea keep clean sheet and sell Ivanovic to free up the 1m I need to bring Sanchez back in
    Gameweek 2 or 3 bring Costa back for Rooney.

Tempted to use wildcard as don't wan't Walcott's price to drop but going to restrain as this would be a knee-jerk reaction to my 25 points!

Looking at Darmian or Shaw now in for Inanovic and then Sanchez gw2 and Costa for Rooney gw3. Would also like to jump on a flavour of the week but can't take a 4 point hit.

And to think the season was looking so promising!

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

LostArt wrote: »
    Walcott or Ozil -> Payet, Ozil's ****e performance vs Walcotts benching is making this decision harder than it should be

Had the exact same dilemma.
    Decided to give Walcott the boot.
    Ozil will at least be on the pitch the majority of the time even if he does have an aversion to shooting.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

FHFC wrote: »

Have Henderson but Liverpool looked like anything other than a creative force on Sunday.A lot of long balls up to Benteke with only a super goal to win the game.Henderson and Milner in the middle doesn't seem to work so I'll give them this weekend and then ship Henderson out.

BTW: Chelsea's appeal over Courtois' red card has been rejected.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,260 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Pulled the trigger on Payet in for Sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

zerks wrote: »
    Have Henderson but Liverpool looked like anything other than a creative force on Sunday.A lot of long balls up to Benteke with only a super goal to win the game.Henderson and Milner in the middle doesn't seem to work so I'll give them this weekend and then ship Henderson out.

BTW: Chelsea's appeal over Courtois' red card has been rejected.

Any additional ban for tomfoolery?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

zerks wrote: »

A large part of the reason for this is because Brendan "the tinker-man" Rogers changed how he'd been using Hendo-Milner pre-season - from more advanced central midfield positions to deeper-lying ones (against Stoke). Coutinho was the reason for this - he missed the majority of pre-season so Rogers was using a defensive mid behind Hendo-Milner. If Rogers reverts to how he was using Hendo-Milner pre-season then there's alot of potential there i.m.o., but you just wouldn't know what Rogers is going to do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Payet in for Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Invincible

Payet in for Henderson.

Looks a good move, would have done same but switched him for Walcott and kept Henderson. Ayew is another attacking mid worth considering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

I haven't seen Kane in my people line ups. I currently have him. Is the feeling that he isn't worth 9.5?

I have Courtois but might just take the hit of having no goalie this week and have two transfers this week. This is the team for this week as is. Any suggestions welcome.

Schwarzet
    Bellerin Alder Cedric
    hazard sterling Walcott Milner
    Rooney (c) Kane deeney

Think Milner is a bit pricey in that midfield so Cabaye is the most likely replacement. Probably save the transfer to bring in Aguero/downgrade sterling to someone else

Advertisement