Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

I haven't seen Kane in my people line ups. I currently have him. Is the feeling that he isn't worth 9.5?

I have Courtois but might just take the hit of having no goalie this week and have two transfers this week. This is the team for this week as is. Any suggestions welcome.

Schwarzet
    Bellerin Alder Cedric
    hazard sterling Walcott Milner
    Rooney (c) Kane deeney

Think Milner is a bit pricey in that midfield so Cabaye is the most likely replacement. Probably save the transfer to bring in Aguero/downgrade sterling to someone else

9.5m is a lot for Kane - will he continue with the good form that he had last year - it's hard to say, but when you compared him to other strikers and what you get, i don't see the value in 9.5

Milner on the other hand i think is prices about right and might be value - probably more value on henderson assuming he's on all free's/penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I haven't seen Kane in my people line ups. I currently have him. Is the feeling that he isn't worth 9.5?

I have Courtois but might just take the hit of having no goalie this week and have two transfers this week. This is the team for this week as is. Any suggestions welcome.

Schwarzet
    Bellerin Alder Cedric
    hazard sterling Walcott Milner
    Rooney (c) Kane deeney

Think Milner is a bit pricey in that midfield so Cabaye is the most likely replacement. Probably save the transfer to bring in Aguero/downgrade sterling to someone else

If you have a look in the captain thread seems a surprising amount so have him maybe a lot are bringing him in. Expecting good things from him this week!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Kane and Rooney have 3 GW trials in my side with the loser becoming Aguero. They also have a captain audition each

• Registered Users Posts: 33,045 ✭✭✭✭CSF

My GW2 transfer policy will be largely dictated by the United GK situation. I went for Romero (at 11:44 having seen the team) after reading that De Gea won't play until September, but if that situation was change that would accelerate me into action and prevent me from going with what would otherwise likely be a transfer of choice rather than necessity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Payet in for Ozil.

He just looked so good against Arsenal and 2 very nice fixtures coming up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

Got an underwhelming 39 points, which somehow has me joint top of my money league. Thinking of banking my transfer and going with this team:

Fabianski
    Williams, Mertesacker, Gomez
    Depay, Sterling, Fabregas, Walcott, Sinclair
    Rooney, Benteke

Subs: Schmeichel, Wilson, Bassong, Azpi

The plan would be to go Walcott/Sterling > Cabaye and Rooney > Aguero. No wild card, no points dropped.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

A midfield 5 of......

Walcott (CRY) (A)
    Mahrez (WHU) (A)
    Sterling (CHE) (H)
    Hazard (MNC) (A)
    Depay (AVL) (A)

Two things, who would people bench of those 5, or if I was going to take in Payet who has to go? I am considering playing the 2-5-3 chip as well it must be said...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

mectavba wrote: »
    Got an underwhelming 39 points, which somehow has me joint top of my money league. Thinking of banking my transfer and going with this team:

Fabianski
    Williams, Mertesacker, Gomez
    Depay, Sterling, Fabregas, Walcott, Sinclair
    Rooney, Benteke

Subs: Schmeichel, Wilson, Bassong, Azpi

The plan would be to go Walcott/Sterling > Cabaye and Rooney > Aguero. No wild card, no points dropped.

Thoughts?

Sounds good, I'll probably join you in banking :) Won't be getting Cabaye though.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Cazorla to Payet for me this week. Payet has a nice run of fixtures and looks very good.

I could see Wenger potentially starting Sanchez and Walcott this week with either Ozil or Cazorla making way along with Giroud. I'm going to stay away from an Arsenal attacker until Sanchez or Walcott are fully nailed on.

Like a couple of posters above, I have both Kane and Rooney and while I would hope both will score this weekend, I plan to get rid of Rooney long term and replace with Aguero in week 4. From watching Rooney at the weekend he still seems to be pulling off the front line and dropping in to midfield too much to pick up the ball. Aguero, Kane and Costa all offer a more dangerous goal threat.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Feck it, I'm committed to banking. There are too many potential moves going through my head - Sterling to Silva, Depay to Cabaye, Ozil to Payet, what to do about Sanchez and Aguero - I want to see if anything becomes clearer after this GW.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

A midfield 5 of......

Walcott (CRY) (A)
    Mahrez (WHU) (A)
    Sterling (CHE) (H)
    Hazard (MNC) (A)
    Depay (AVL) (A)

Two things, who would people bench of those 5, or if I was going to take in Payet who has to go? I am considering playing the 2-5-3 chip as well it must be said...

While I believe in using these bonus options at the right time, four of your midfield plays are playing away with two players against each other. I'm sure there is some statistical disadvantage with this.

If you wait a week to use the bonus you will have 3 players at home and two against weaker opponents while you should have more knowledge on whether Walcott will start or not based on this weeks performance.

Ice87 wrote: »
    While I believe in using these bonus options at the right time, four of your midfield plays are playing away with two players against each other. I'm sure there is some statistical disadvantage with this.

If you wait a week to use the bonus you will have 3 players at home and two against weaker opponents while you should have more knowledge on whether Walcott will start or not based on this weeks performance.

Good point about them nearly all playing away, I guess I'm struggling because Mahrez would normally be benched easily but hard to do that when he's on form, who would you bench of the 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good point about them nearly all playing away, I guess I'm struggling because Mahrez would normally be benched easily but hard to do that when he's on form, who would you bench of the 5?

Mahrez should be benched IMO. I also feel it's far too early to say he's on form after 1 week. He scored twice at home (one a penalty) against an absolute shambles of a team going up against a full back who clearly had no interest in defending and who gave up at 2-0 down. He'll struggle massively to get a similar tune out of the very good Aaron Cresswell this week for me.

There's just no point paying £8.5m+ for midfield options and then leaving them on the bench against the likes of Palace or Villa.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Hadn't even considered using my WC but decided to pick about and see what I could come up with and now I'm a little bit tempted ffs... any thoughts?

ceGMXyO.jpg

Differences from my current team:

Walcott
    Hazard
    Kane
    Rooney
    Sterling

Out

Hadn't even considered using my WC but decided to pick about and see what I could come up with and now I'm a little bit tempted ffs... any thoughts?

Walcott
    Hazard
    Kane
    Rooney
    Sterling

Out

Too many question marks and very knee-jerky IMO.

For example, it's completely unknown whether Payet, Wijnaldum and Mahrez will continue their excellent week 1. That midfield could look awful in a months time and considering how cheap it is, your season is done if that happens. I mean, how do you come back from that with no wildcard?

I think your current team is overall actually better for the time being but you're being bogged down by what happened in week 1. Give it a couple more weeks and things should look a little better and by then, Aguero and Sanchez should be firing on all cylinders at a prime time to get them in.

Paully D wrote: »
    Mahrez should be benched IMO. I also feel it's far too early to say he's on form after 1 week. He scored twice at home (one a penalty) against an absolute shambles of a team going up against a full back who clearly had no interest in defending and who gave up at 2-0 down. He'll struggle massively to get a similar tune out of the very good Aaron Cresswell this week for me.

There's just no point paying £8.5m+ for midfield options and then leaving them on the bench against the likes of Palace or Villa.

Yes, as I was writing on form I knew I should have phrased it differently but what I mean is he'll at least be sky high on confidence and I don't like benching a guy that has got 2 the previous week. I don't want any of them on the bench that's the problem and why I might use the attack chip but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Paully D wrote: »
    Too many question marks and very knee-jerky IMO.

For example, it's completely unknown whether Payet, Wijnaldum and Mahrez will continue their excellent week 1. That midfield could look awful in a months time and considering how cheap it is, your season is done if that happens. I mean, how do you come back from that with no wildcard?

I think your current team is overall actually better for the time being but you're being bogged down by what happened in week 1. Give it a couple more weeks and things should look a little better and by then, Aguero and Sanchez should be firing on all cylinders at a prime time to get them in.

Ah I won't be wilcarding just messing about. I brought mahrez in this week with my FT for redmond. Same price but redmond didn't start so was a straightforward move. Of all those cheapiah players I do plan on getting wijnaldum in soon. Had him pegged as soon as Newcastle bought him, reckon he will be key for them this season, has a great record for PSV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Wildcarded, thought about it over the last few days and I think it's the right decision. Hopefully I catch some price rises.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

ceGMXyO.jpg

Walcott
    Hazard
    Kane
    Rooney
    Sterling

Out

Very nice team but I'd still hold off. No point chasing last weeks points. All the players you drop could very easily get big hauls next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Wildcarded, thought about it over the last few days and I think it's the right decision. Hopefully I catch some price rises.

I am genuinely curious to hear the reasons why someone would wildcard after one week.. reeks of panic mode and having no belief in the players you selected in week 1

• Advertisement

A midfield 5 of......

Walcott (CRY) (A)
    Mahrez (WHU) (A)
    Sterling (CHE) (H)
    Hazard (MNC) (A)
    Depay (AVL) (A)

Why not just play 3-5-2 formation and play them all?

Ah I won't be wilcarding just messing about. I brought mahrez in this week with my FT for redmond. Same price but redmond didn't start so was a straightforward move. Of all those cheapiah players I do plan on getting wijnaldum in soon. Had him pegged as soon as Newcastle bought him, reckon he will be key for them this season, has a great record for PSV

Agree on Wijnaldum, he has been on my watchlist since the day they signed him and I posted same on here.

As long as he is playing in the hole he will certainly be value but I know McClaren used him in the double pivot in pre-season and spoke about playing him there too in order to get both him and De Jong into the side as De Jong's best position is in the hole too, so that would be a worry.

All we become clearer in a few weeks anyway I'm sure. :)

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Why not just play 3-5-2 formation and play them all?

No can do's ville baby doll! (Someone has to get the reference!)

I have Rooney, Benteke & Sakho, I gotta play all 3 of those.

I am genuinely curious to hear the reasons why someone would wildcard after one week.. reeks of panic mode and having no belief in the players you selected in week 1

Nope, if it was panic mode I would have wildcarded on Sunday. I have belief in about half of the players I started with but my defence needed surgery. We have to wildcard in in the first half of the season anyway so I have zero regrets about it.

No can do's ville baby doll! (Someone has to get the reference!)

I have Rooney, Benteke & Sakho, I gotta play all 3 of those.

You don't want to bench Mahrez, because he's high on form and will be confident, but you have no problem playing 3 up front, of which none scored at the weekend. Personally i'd probably bench Depay out of them all, but if you want to play him, then i think Sakho would end up on the bench.

You don't want to bench Mahrez, because he's high on form and will be confident, but you have no problem playing 3 up front, of which none scored at the weekend. Personally i'd probably bench Depay out of them all, but if you want to play him, then i think Sakho would end up on the bench.

I know, it's a fúcked up game, it messes with your mind, I don't know what I want!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

I know, it's a fúcked up game, it messes with your mind, I don't know what I want!
    All out attack. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Just play the 2-5-3 dude. Save your triple captain or bench boost chip for a DGW

Nope, if it was panic mode I would have wildcarded on Sunday. I have belief in about half of the players I started with but my defence needed surgery. We have to wildcard in in the first half of the season anyway so I have zero regrets about it.

Your defence couldn't possible need that much surgery after one GW - i'd guess you have at least 3 starting players for next GW, so at most -8 to fix it.

While your right about you have to use it before 2016, why not wait till the transfer window closes, if untied buy pedro - will you be able to afford him if he hits the ground running without destroying your team. If costa starts banging them in - will you be able to get him in?

You would be just better off starting a new team from scratch with the average being so low this week.

• Advertisement

Your defence couldn't possible need that much surgery after one GW - i'd guess you have at least 3 starting players for next GW, so at most -8 to fix it.

While your right about you have to use it before 2016, why not wait till the transfer window closes, if untied buy pedro - will you be able to afford him if he hits the ground running without destroying your team. If costa starts banging them in - will you be able to get him in?

You would be just better off starting a new team from scratch with the average being so low this week.

I don't think it matters how early or late you wildcard as long as you get it right. With the wildcard, the end justifies the means.

Regarding Pedro and Costa, I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I think I will only have two 11+ mil players in my team at once anyway in order to have a balanced squad.

Advertisement