Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

I started with him because he was a great captain option for gw1 and could've seriously damaged those without. Also due to doubts over aguero sanchez and Costa there was nowhere else to put ur money.

Yeh true he's a safe back up to have in case the more fragile players get an injury!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

So do I ditch Walcott?

What's changed from this time last week when Walcott was the best decision I'd ever made.

Think I'm going to bank the transfer.

Shane732 wrote: »
    So do I ditch Walcott?

What's changed from this time last week when Walcott was the best decision I'd ever made.

No more risky this week than last imo. I really hope that wasn't the best decision you have ever made!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

So do I ditch Walcott?

Walcott was a risk last week and he's still a risk now. No point spending 9m on a midfielder who will share game time with Giroud. or Chamberlain. Someone in that bracket needs to be a guaranteed starter

So do I ditch Walcott?

What's changed from this time last week...

He didn't start, primarily. They didn't play well without him though, so he's an obvious candidate to be brought into the starting line-up if Wenger is changing it up.

O'Shea is in the same boat. I'm starting both of them, but preparing to pull the plug on either / both if it comes down to it. Banking this week's transfer is a no brainer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭Spurion

Should I start Butland (vs Tottenham away) or Schmeichel (vs West Ham away) for GW2?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Spurion wrote: »
    Should I start Butland (vs Tottenham away) or Schmeichel (vs West Ham away) for GW2?

Check the odds for a clean sheet and let them decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wonder will many forget the deadline tomorrow?

eh i dunno wrote: »

Many I'd say! I definitely haven't reminded anyone in my work league.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Spurion wrote: »
    Not butland imo

• Advertisement

eh i dunno wrote: »

I would imagine so. Don't think its going to be a case of forgetting it I would think the majority won't ever have been aware of it to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Mane, Marehz, Hazard, Theo, Cabaye
    Kane, Rooney, Sakho

Need to bench one, who would you bench?

Could also just ease the headache and get in a 4.5 mid for Theo which will start the Kun fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

T-b0n3 wrote: »
    Mane, Marehz, Hazard, Theo, Cabaye
    Kane, Rooney, Sakho

Need to bench one, who would you bench?

Could also just ease the headache and get in a 4.5 mid for Theo which will start the Kun fund.

would bench Cabaye. he generally played quite deep vs Norwich, scored his goal when the game was wide open with Norwich seeking an equaliser

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭Pete Moss

Lads do you think McCarthy is a nailed on starter for Palace? I have Henessey as back-up and Courtois. I'm thinking taking the risk on McCarthy may be better than fielding 10 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭sheroman01

1. Pelle + Payet

or

2. Sakho + Tadic?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,003 ✭✭✭✭CSF

sheroman01 wrote: »
    1. Pelle + Payet

or

2. Sakho + Tadic?

1 by a mile

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

1. Pelle + Payet

or

2. Sakho + Tadic?

Yeah after taking 10 mins to think about it, 1 is much better :) Only thing is, to keep these guys AND bring in Aguero (GW4 more than likely), I'll need to have two 4.5 mids. Bit crazy but might go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yeah after taking 10 mins to think about it, 1 is much better :) Only thing is, to keep these guys AND bring in Aguero (GW4 more than likely), I'll need to have two 4.5 mids. Bit crazy but might go for it.

TWO 4.5 mids when there isn't even one of them to consider in Fantasy. Don't do it to yourself. Trust me.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    TWO 4.5 mids when there isn't even one of them to consider in Fantasy. Don't do it to yourself. Trust me.

Anya and Westwood. Be grand :P. Ah no, might have to downgrade Depay to a 7m mid which might be wiser. I said earlier in the thread that I'm not panicking. I'm panicking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Anya and Westwood. Be grand :P. Ah no, might have to downgrade Depay to a 7m mid which might be wiser. I said earlier in the thread that I'm not panicking. I'm panicking.

Fair enough :) One as a non playing 5th mid, but two where you'll play one every week out isn't ideal imo. Yeah I think you'd be better off downgrading Depay. A couple of 7 - 7.5s looking good, Payet Ayew and Wijnaldum in particular while in LVGs words, Depay is only learning the central role and he can't play wide due to Youngs form.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Bet you wish you were in my shoes now :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Pete Moss wrote: »
    Lads do you think McCarthy is a nailed on starter for Palace? I have Henessey as back-up and Courtois. I'm thinking taking the risk on McCarthy may be better than fielding 10 players.

Not guaranteed since he made an error for Norwich's goal. It's also very short termish if Speroni is back in a couple GWs. I would either play Henny and hope or switch Courtois

Walcott is doing my head in. Do I take the 0.1 drop which is likely to happen tonight to give him another chance this weekend or move him on today....

Walcott is doing my head in. Do I take the 0.1 drop which is likely to happen tonight to give him another chance this weekend or move him on today....

He's gone for me, but I'm not sure who will replace him yet. Thinking a 4.5 mid at the moment and ill play Mahrez.

Dónal wrote: »
    He's gone for me, but I'm not sure who will replace him yet. Thinking a 4.5 mid at the moment and ill play Mahrez.

I'll see how the day goes - I'm thinking Payet but he's looking like a bit of a bandwagon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

I put ayew in for walcott last night, couldnt take the chance that he would drop. This now frees up funds for aguero in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

I'll see how the day goes - I'm thinking Payet but he's looking like a bit of a bandwagon.

Very hard to call at the moment with so many excellent mid price options.

Ayew, Cabaye, Payet, Mane, Eriksen

Southampton, Spurs have nice fixtures and Swans Hammers not much worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,293 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Colking wrote: »
    Very hard to call at the moment with so many excellent mid price options.

Ayew, Cabaye, Payet, Mane, Eriksen

Southampton, Spurs have nice fixtures and Swans Hammers not much worse.

Interesting discussion on the second captain's podcast, about the quality of player that the mid-table teams are now able to attract. Certainly made me think a bit. They were talking about the likes of Cabaye, who turned down Roma for Crystal Palace. I think of players (well, certainly me anyway!) would have a tendency to go for a player at ARS/CHE/MANU/MANC/LIV over a player from mid table team (assuming the same price). Certainly, I went for Hendo, and I'm not sure how that decision is looking now, but I'll certainly be looking at someone like Cabaye or Payet depending on how the next couple of weeks go.

Could also add Wijnaldum to that list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Interesting discussion on the second captain's podcast, about the quality of player that the mid-table teams are now able to attract. Certainly made me think a bit. They were talking about the likes of Cabaye, who turned down Roma for Crystal Palace. I think of players (well, certainly me anyway!) would have a tendency to go for a player at ARS/CHE/MANU/MANC/LIV over a player from mid table team (assuming the same price). Certainly, I went for Hendo, and I'm not sure how that decision is looking now, but I'll certainly be looking at someone like Cabaye or Payet depending on how the next couple of weeks go.

Could also add Wijnaldum to that list.

Definitely. The only thing that would keep me away from Gini for the moment is waiting to see how Siem de Jong and him play together. Siem was supposed to be the natural no. 10 but it's a coin toss right now.

Advertisement