Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Banking the transfer for this week. Had an absolute mare so far, but should scrape over the average with Captain Silva to play tonight.

Keeping an eye on Ayew, Cabaye and Mahrez at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

PARlance wrote: »
    Reasons:
    First off, it would be daft to activate it before the City game.
    There's no real panic on either Aguero or Sanchez in terms of price rises.
    Neither are they owned highly enough to really cause hurt.
    You have a very good score for the week so have a bit of a cushion.
    You'll know a lot more concerning players/teams form after 3 GW's as opposed to 1.
    There will almost certainly be more need for it as the GW's unfold.

To add to this the transfer window closes in a few weeks and there will definetly be a few players coming in that will be good for FF. Pedro for example if he went to utd would be a must have for me it would also mean me getting rid of rooney.
    You could play it this week and gomez loses his place and ulloa starts for leicester meaning mahrez is off pens.
    No big players performed this week so Id class it as a potentially dangerous time to play a wildcard as you could end up with a lot of lower to mid range price players that wont be consistent.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

They have comparitively easier games in the next few weeks compared to Newcastle facing United and Arsenal in week 3 and 4.

Ah yes... that makes sense!

Will Oxford start long term? Looked very assured for a 16 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

Thinking of shipping out Mings and PVA for Darmian and Kolorav.

I would have to downgrade sahko to ignhalo.

Is it worth it?

Have Rooney and aguero upfront other defenders are collocini Gomez and willams(Swansea)?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Have Courtois and Hennessy. Has Courtois a one or two game ban?

Would you replace Courtois with Mig, Romero or Adrian

or

Hennessey with McCarthy?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Walcott out for me, thinking about ayew. Gives me money for aguero for the next gameweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Pizzle

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Have Courtois and Hennessy. Has Courtois a one or two game ban?

Would you replace Courtois with Mig, Romero or Adrian

or

Hennessey with McCarthy?

I have Courtois and Hennessy too. Think Courtois as one game ban.

Thinking about replacing Hennessey with McCarthy, but will he actually play when Speroni is fit again for Palace?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Pizzle wrote: »

Thinking about replacing Hennessey with McCarthy, but will he actually play when Speroni is fit again for Palace?

I doubt it. He shouldn't have conceded against Norwich on Saturday. Was a weak shot from 30 yards out.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Antibac wrote: »
    Thinking of shipping out Mings and PVA for Darmian and Kolorav.

I would have to downgrade sahko to ignhalo.

Is it worth it?

Have Rooney and aguero upfront other defenders are collocini Gomez and willams(Swansea)?

For a -8? No way. PVA id keep, Sunderland will be looking for a reaction after the weekend, and fixtures are promising. Ditching Sakho ahead of West Hams fixtures would be madness. Maybe just swap Mings to another £4.5M def

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 7,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

manual_man wrote: »
    For a -8? No way. PVA id keep, Sunderland will be looking for a reaction after the weekend, and fixtures are promising. Ditching Sakho ahead of West Hams fixtures would be madness. Maybe just swap Mings to another £4.5M def

I didn't see the game but all reports say Sakho was decent against Arsenal and was unlucky to score. Good one to hold onto for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭Antibac

manual_man wrote: »

No I wouldnt take a hit. I'd do it over a few weeks

Cheers. Don't really want to do it just worried about the defense

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pizzle wrote: »

Lemlin wrote: »
    I doubt it. He shouldn't have conceded against Norwich on Saturday. Was a weak shot from 30 yards out.

One game ban - not sure whether to ride it out this gw or swap him.

He looks like he will drop in price this week too, so probably should transfer him out. But for who?

Is Romero in until the end of August or what is the situation there?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Antibac wrote: »
    No I wouldnt take a hit. I'd do it over a few weeks

Cheers. Don't really want to do it just worried about the defense

Gomez-PVA-Williams is certainly a decent defense for GW2 anyway. You could always bank the transfer. Early season always throws up a few surprises, things tend to settle down a few GW's in

• Registered Users Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭SpaceCowb0y

Transfer made after some sage council! Had Redmond in my team and although he scored at the weekend he did so after coming off the bench which i'm not prepared to worry about happening at this stage of the game! At 5.5m it was an easy move to swap him out for Mahrez. Walcott survives, can see him starting up front next week after Giroud dyer performance! And if he does and he scores watch the masses flock to get him in/Bring him back in!

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

still mulling over Walcott to payet or banking it
    price drop would make me go for it
    don't want to have an 8.9 player on my hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Transfer made Carzola out Sanchez in, playing the Big 3 in my team see how it goes Sanchez, Hazard & Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Really considering Sterling to Silva now. Silva looked to be picking up right where he left off last season, and Sterling frustrated more than inspired.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Banking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,046 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Paully D wrote: »
    Banking it.
    Considering the same. Particularly if Bellerin is back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Really considering Sterling to Silva now. Silva looked to be picking up right where he left off last season, and Sterling frustrated more than inspired.

Yeah I want to do this aswell but not for a hit.
    A GW4 WC to get Aguero and Silva in is looking very likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

im thinking of sticking it out with theo for one more week and banking the transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

one thing i notice over the weekend, folk are quick to say they want rid of Walcott/Sterling because of one bad game. Cech had a horrendous game and was at fault for both goals - yet no one is rushing to get rid of him - because they know his quality.

Silva/Toure looks good today, but come next week ozil or sainti could score big. Folk need to think rationally about decisions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,295 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Have Courtois. If i knew for certain that McCarthy would play for Palace, I'd bank my transfer. Anyone know how McCarthy played, and if he's likely to keep his place?

Edit: just noticed that Cheslea appealing the red card. The outcome of this might make my decision for me (don't think I'd go 2 games without transferring out Courtois).

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭Markx

Have Courtois. If i knew for certain that McCarthy would play for Palace, I'd bank my transfer. Anyone know how McCarthy played, and if he's likely to keep his place?

I have Hennessy so was interested in this also. All I gleamed from MOTD was that he was very very slow to get down to the goal Norwich scored. Probably not a droppable offence though.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Someone mentioned that he let a shot from 30 yeards in that he should have saved, so it's hard to say, i too have the same problem., plus they are playing arsenal next which you'd think would be hard for them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Edit: just noticed that Cheslea appealing the red card. The outcome of this might make my decision for me (don't think I'd go 2 games without transferring out Courtois).

He let in a very soft goal but made a couple of saves, one good one at least. He was overall unconvincing but i very much doubt he'd be dropped after one game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Ace2007 wrote: »
    one thing i notice over the weekend, folk are quick to say they want rid of Walcott/Sterling because of one bad game. Cech had a horrendous game and was at fault for both goals - yet no one is rushing to get rid of him - because they know his quality.

Silva/Toure looks good today, but come next week ozil or sainti could score big. Folk need to think rationally about decisions.

I'm only considering dropping Theo due to potential lack of game time.

That comment above that Chelsea are appealing the red turned my stomach, just after pulling the trigger on Courtois to Ruddy.

Hope they lose the appeal, clear red card.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭EnergyBlaster

Should I go Walcott to YaYa? I'll then have 1.5 mil banked towards Benteke to Aguero if Aguero takes off in a couple of weeks with a few more changes!!!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 268 ✭✭Paddy Dreadful

anyone considering dumping hazard

Advertisement