Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game week 2 transfers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Cookie_Dough

FHFC wrote: »
    Kinda impossible to comment without seeing your whole team.

Apologies-

Courtois, Rudd
    Cedric, Shaw, S Taylor, Bellerin, O'Shea
    Walcott, Depay, Hazard, Wanyama, Jedinak
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Apologies-

Courtois, Rudd
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

Cheers

Bellerin & O'Shea was a bit unlucky but you knew Theo & especially Saylor wer risks I definitely wouldn't be using a wc on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,664 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Apologies-

Courtois, Rudd
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

Cheers

You have some problem players but unless you planned to WC in GW3 I'd leave it, it would take 2 or 3 transfers to fix but no need to panic WC at all.

Walcott to Ozil/Rambo
    Depay to Payet (this GW, good fixture)
    Courtouis I would sit out, nongsolie for 1 GW isn't the worst situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,998 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Apologies-

Courtois, Rudd
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

Cheers

You need to transfer in a keeper.
    You can play 3 at the back assuming Bellerin is back although I wouldn't back against O'Shea playing after they shipped in 4 last against Leicester:
    Even if Walcott doesn't start (he'll play some minutes at least) all your other midfielders play.
    All your forwards play.

Wildcarding would be insane given that you could likely field 11 (almost the same 11 you'd have planned on starting when deciding your team) without a points hit.

I'd be considering the 4 point hit though. Walcott out for someone. Probably Payet. Then you can build from there week by week and form the team you want having watched everyone play a few times.

jimmii wrote: »
    Bellerin & O'Shea was a bit unlucky but you knew Theo & especially Saylor wer risks I definitely wouldn't be using a wc on that.

Cheers.

Initially I wanted Janmaat but didn't have the extra £1m so settled for Saylor.

After a low points tally GW1 I would be reluctant to take too many minus points & at very least I need to change keeper this week. Also thinking of going Bellerin -> Mertesacker so that would leave -4 and screw up my Aguero plan unless I take another -4 to get him in in 2 weeks as planned.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

CSF wrote: »
    You can play 3 at the back assuming Bellerin is back although I wouldn't back against O'Shea playing after they shipped in 4 last against Leicester:
    Even if Walcott doesn't start (he'll play some minutes at least) all your other midfielders play.
    All your forwards play.

Wildcarding would be insane given that you could likely field 11 (almost the same 11 you'd have planned on starting when deciding your team) without a points hit.

I'd be considering the 4 point hit though. Walcott out for someone. Probably Payet. Then you can build from there week by week and form the team you want having watched everyone play a few times.

He could go 253 to save one defender transfer, too.

I am going to do it next week as all my midfielders and forwards should start.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Legwinski

Shaqiri in :pac:

wonski wrote: »
    He could go 253 to save one defender transfer, too.

I am going to do it next week as all my midfielders and forwards should start.

This would absolutely be preferable to Wildcarding anyway. It's not a great week for fixtures. Which makes it a bad week for a Wildcard IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Apologies-

Courtois, Rudd
    Rodriguez, Rooney, Kane.

Cheers

You could do rudd to mccarthy as a hit as well as depay/walcott to Payet. Given you've no keeper youd gain probably 2, possibly 3 or more of your -4 back and have a playing backup.

This would leave you a fecent starting 11 this week. Then sort out your non playing defs and Wanyama.

This would absolutely be preferable to Wildcarding anyway. It's not a great week for fixtures. Which makes it a bad week for a Wildcard IMO.

Agreed. I am thinking I will probably use the all out attack when injuries hit a few defenders.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭Tugboats

All set for next week Im banking the transfer:cool:

Adrián

Fonte
    Jagielka
    Shaw

Eriksen
    Depay
    Cabaye
    Mané

Pellè
    Kane(captain)
    Berahino

dahat wrote: »
    You have some problem players but unless you planned to WC in GW3 I'd leave it, it would take 2 or 3 transfers to fix but no need to panic WC at all.

Walcott to Ozil/Rambo
    Depay to Payet (this GW, good fixture)
    Courtouis I would sit out, nongsolie for 1 GW isn't the worst situation.

I wasn't planning to use WC for a while, I was planning to keep 2 to get Aguero in GW3. I may use my FT for Courtois & might tranfer Theo for -4..
    All your forwards play.

Yeah, thinking of maybe taking a -4 to get rid of Courtois & maybe Walcott as you have suggested Really don't fancy Saylor on my bench either but wouldn't mind once I don't have to use him. Hopefully Rooney will get his finger out vs Villa & Rodriguez will start to get 90mins once his fitness is fully built up.

Cheers for the advice, I'm kinda having a mini meltdown (if you hadn't guessed :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,032 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Surprised there's not more talk of Reese Oxford - a £4.0m OOP. With two pretty handy home games coming up for West Ham. Is he a risk to play?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Surprised there's not more talk of Reese Oxford - a £4.0m OOP. With two pretty handy home games coming up for West Ham. Is he a risk to play?

There has been a bit of talk/interest. The general consensus is that at 16 years old, he probably won't be a regular starter. But he ticks a lot of boxes short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

16 years old. I doubt he will play every game, regardless of how good he might be.

Gigantic risk IMO. He's not the good kind of OOP IMO either apart from maybe for BPS. I'd have fullbacks ahead of DMs any day for attacking points.

A West Ham defender at 4.0 would still be a no-brainer if he could nail it down. But I think he's at risk of being the one who makes way for Cresswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Jenkinson was barred from playing against Arsenal (his parent club) and will be back next weekend so that will further reduce Oxfords chances.

I certainly need to make a change at the back this week. I have to upgrade one of Reece Burke, Turner or Wasilewski, none of whom saw any action (not even a bench spot). I'm thinking to jettison Wasilewski, as he is the dearer of the three at 4.5m, and Leicester less likely to ring in the changes after a good win. Maybe take a punt on Reece Oxford and free up 0.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Shedite27 wrote: »
    The only comments I'm going to be taking seriously on this thread is where someone tells me "x played really well on Saturday, unluucky not to have scored twice".

All this "I'm getting Mahrez/Awey/Cabaye/Albrighton/Kone" stuff is very lazy. They're not going to get those scores every week!

Mahrez, Albrighton and Cabaye are all logical choices to be honest given on previous performances in the game.

Mahrez and Albrighton showed promise last year when they were played. In fact, most people on here had one or the other towards the end of last season and they justly delivered.

Cabaye was a revelation a few seasons back and I for one was disappointed when he moved on in January.

For their prices, they aren't going to be big hitters so you don't expect those scores every week. They are enablers - nice consistent players who will do a job and enable you to buy the heavy hitters like Hazard, Aguero etc. A lot of the time the game is about getting these players right because everyone else will have the token superstars.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,140 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

with the dust settled, I might just go very safe this week.

I'll either bank the transfer and play 10 players, or transfer Hennessey out for McCarthy. This should be fine for 10 outfield players for the coming GW.

Coates
    Shaw
    Bellerin
    Hazard----Walcott----Cabaye----Sterling
    Rooney----Benteke----Wilson

the only itch I have is Aguero, but I may just risk him scoring a maximum of one goal against Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I pulled the trigger on a -8 already and I feel terrible for it.

Courtois -> Mignolet - Could be a season long one here if Liverpool's defence plays as well as they looked at the weekend. My second keeper was non-playing so needed to do something here.

Henderson -> Ayew - This was probably one that didn't have to be done, but I have every confidence that Ayew will outscore Henderson this season, especially given his more advanced role

Ayew -> Gomis - Lots of Swansea love here, but I genuinely think they'll score lots of goals with their creativity in midfield. Gomis is going to be the lone-striker and I can see him score quite a lot this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

AdMMM wrote: »

Courtois -> Mignolet - Could be a season long one here if Liverpool's defence plays as well as they looked at the weekend. My second keeper was non-playing so needed to do something here.

Henderson -> Ayew - This was probably one that didn't have to be done, but I have every confidence that Ayew will outscore Henderson this season, especially given his more advanced role

Ayew -> Gomis - Lots of Swansea love here, but I genuinely think they'll score lots of goals with their creativity in midfield. Gomis is going to be the lone-striker and I can see him score quite a lot this season.

you transfered ayew in and out already this week,maybe try to et him back in again

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

sword1 wrote: »
    you transfered ayew in and out already this week,maybe try to et him back in again
    There's two Ayews....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You definitely wasted a transfer bring Ayew in and taking him out again ;)

Henderson at home to BOU, very rash imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Totally agree with the Swansea love. I mentioned before a ball was kicked that they are on my watch list, there start (fixtures) put me off putting any in til I see more.

Defensively they will be sound so thinking of putting in a defender too

There's two Ayews....

We are going to need to Saylororise them I think!

Jayew and Aayew??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Ok guys, I've had a decent week thus far with 40pts but I'm considering a WC, had a couple of defenders not play and I really want to get Aguero and Sanchez in.

The general consensus seems to be people saying don't waste your WC, I see it more like I want to immediately remedy my squad.

The main question I have is, how badly would it effect me if I used it now, like is there a reason I should need to hold onto it? We get another in the 2nd half of the season when we'll have double fixtures, there won't be anything like that this side of Xmas, lots of folk have been mentioning using it for GW4 to get Aguero in anyway, so GW2, GW4 does it really matter?

Any opinions very welcome, cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Totally agree with the Swansea love. I mentioned before a ball was kicked that they are on my watch list, there start (fixtures) put me off putting any in til I see more.

Defensively they will be sound so thinking of putting in a defender too
    Yes I think Ivan to Williams will be on the cards for me to raise aguero cash

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Jenkinson was barred from playing against Arsenal (his parent club) and will be back next weekend so that will further reduce Oxfords chances.

Oxford played in midfield. Pedro Obiang was injured but he is more of a threat than Jenkinson and will most likely take the midfield spot.

• Advertisement

Ok guys, I've had a decent week thus far with 40pts but I'm considering a WC, had a couple of defenders not play and I really want to get Aguero and Sanchez in.

The general consensus seems to be people saying don't waste your WC, I see it more like I want to immediately remedy my squad.

The main question I have is, how badly would it effect me if I used it now, like is there a reason I should need to hold onto it? We get another in the 2nd half of the season when we'll have double fixtures, there won't be anything like that this side of Xmas, lots of folk have been mentioning using it for GW4 to get Aguero in anyway, so GW2, GW4 does it really matter?

Any opinions very welcome, cheers.

Data analyses from last year showed that keeping the WC for a monster double game week was worth, on average, 20 extra points (I think it was an average of 90 vs 70, though I'm open to correction).

Unless you are in dire straights, I would hold onto it, tbh.

Advertisement