Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

The Cush wrote: »
    Small piece in the Sunday Times "Sky mulls iD mobile move".

Article says Sky and EE (BT) are believed to be interested. Sky is regarded as a serious contender for the business with BT less likely as it mainly focuses on large corporates rather than consumers here and may not enter the market as a reseller or virtual operator.

Could definitely see sky taking over

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Updated article on who could wade in snap up iD. Some interesting ones in there! Red Bull would be amazing.

https://goos3d.ie/id-mobile-set-to-leave-irish-market/

Missed BT though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

El Inho wrote: »
    Updated article on who could wade in snap up iD. Some interesting ones in there! Red Bull would be amazing.

https://goos3d.ie/id-mobile-set-to-leave-irish-market/

Missed BT though!

It's from the 28th of June. Interesting article nonetheless. It's a pity ID never took off. Great concept

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭200motels

The Cush wrote: »
    Small piece in the Sunday Times "Sky mulls iD mobile move".

Article says Sky and EE (BT) are believed to be interested. Sky is regarded as a serious contender for the business with BT less likely as it mainly focuses on large corporates rather than consumers here and may not enter the market as a reseller or virtual operator.
    It would be brilliant if EE came in as they are already in the north. The speed of their network in the UK is amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

I'm now with ID for a few months and I must say its cheap and OK, but the data bandwidth is not the best. I'd say I couldn't reach the 30GB limit even if I maxed out the line 24/7 for the whole month. Grand enough for me I only need mail and a bit of browsing and the odd low data app like eBay, fantasy football, maybe maps. But SkyGo or anything like that forget about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Never had any issue with ID and have been a customer since day one and used Sky Go when I was a Sky Customer. I'm on a Galaxy Core Prime. And it runs Netflix and RTÉ Player no bother at all tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Must be where I am then.

200motels wrote: »
    It would be brilliant if EE came in as they are already in the north. The speed of their network in the UK is amazing.
    They'd have to rethink their marketing if they came here. 4GEE won't work well here. :D

Karsini wrote: »
    They'd have to rethink their marketing if they came here. 4GEE won't work well here. :D

It's a constant source of amusement for me. Still boggles the mind that the Brits don't get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

Hi Guys,

I'm on the €15 a month sim free top up "plan" where I top up €15 a month and get:-

- 30GB data
    - 300 minutes to any network
    - free iD to iD calls and texts
    - and €15 credit for anything extra.

On my account dashboard there is a green box stating I have a balance of €15:00 and directly below that there is a red box stating that I have an "Out of allowance cost: €6.75".

My monthly top up ran out yesterday so I topped up today expecting the "Out of allowance" balance to reset to €0 but it hasn't.

What does it mean? Do I need to make a separate payment to pay down the €6.75 Out of allowance balance?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Hi Guys,

I'm on the €15 a month sim free top up "plan" where I top up €15 a month and get:-

- 30GB data
    - 300 minutes to any network
    - free iD to iD calls and texts
    - and €15 credit for anything extra.

On my account dashboard there is a green box stating I have a balance of €15:00 and directly below that there is a red box stating that I have an "Out of allowance cost: €6.75".

My monthly top up ran out yesterday so I topped up today expecting the "Out of allowance" balance to reset to €0 but it hasn't.

What does it mean? Do I need to make a separate payment to pay down the €6.75 Out of allowance balance?

I would have thought the 6.75 would have come out of your 15 credit for anything else?

MarkR wrote: »
    I would have thought the 6.75 would have come out of your 15 credit for anything else?

Me too which is why is expect it to be reset to €0 once the top up period runs out.

Me too which is why is expect it to be reset to €0 once the top up period runs out.

One for their support I would think. They're pretty good at respondin to chats on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TwoSteaks

Beware the top up monthly broadband pay as you go......
    I've been with them since April. Ran out of credit around the 27th aug, topped up by 30 euro on the 29th suddenly told today that i was out of credit as since I hadn't topped up within the month. Turns out it changed the selected bundle when I didn't top up within the month and it's my fault.
    I find this completely unacceptable and will not be using them again. I'd advise people to steer clear of them until they sort this mess out as I'm not the only one who's fallen for this.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,028 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

TwoSteaks wrote: »
    Beware the top up monthly broadband pay as you go......
    I've been with them since April. Ran out of credit around the 27th aug, topped up by 30 euro on the 29th suddenly told today that i was out of credit as since I hadn't topped up within the month. Turns out it changed the selected bundle when I didn't top up within the month and it's my fault.
    I find this completely unacceptable and will not be using them again. I'd advise people to steer clear of them until they sort this mess out as I'm not the only one who's fallen for this.

It's not actually a month, it's a 30 day plan, my wife got caught between July and August, topped up on the 28th July and automatically assumed it would run to 27th Aug, but most of her credit was used between the 26th and 27th August.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 TwoSteaks

Aquos76 wrote: »
    It's not actually a month, it's a 30 day plan, my wife got caught between July and August, topped up on the 28th July and automatically assumed it would run to 27th Aug, but most of her credit was used between the 26th and 27th August.

Just to be clear on what my beef is. Once I went over the 30 days and then topped up they automatically changed my plan to a phone one with only a few gig. This is despite the fact it was a mobile router and at no time did I request a change to the plan. I rang them and they told me this was my fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

TwoSteaks wrote: »
    Just to be clear on what my beef is. Once I went over the 30 days and then topped up they automatically changed my plan to a phone one with only a few gig. This is despite the fact it was a mobile router and at no time did I request a change to the plan. I rang them and they told me this was my fault.

Not surprised, their customer service is useless unless its something simple they already know how to fix. I couldn't receive calls from certain numbers on other networks and they sent me around in circles for about a month getting absolutely nowhere before I told them to stuff it and moved network. I don't think any other network has as many major flaws as iD. I've tested nearly all of them out at some stage over the last 15 years and never came across such a shabby network. Hopefully things will change when they sell off the network to someone else. They must have realised it wasn't as simple as they thought to be a successful mnvo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

What's people experience of ID mobile been?

threein99 wrote: »

Actually surprisingly good and much better than Lycamobile.

4G and tons of data for €15 a month. Can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭DontThankMe

threein99 wrote: »

Been with them since July haven't had any problems yet. Only thing is the 4g coverage isn't great in some areas but it's a minor grievance as I normally have access to 4g most places I go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Downsey77

Did anyone else have issues getting roaming to work, it never worked for my wife, and she's now with Eir.
    I changed to ID last week, now I'm in England and phone not working. 
    I rang them and they fobbed me off saying it is a phone issue.  
    Same phone was roaming perfectly with Tesco last week!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Downsey77 wrote: »
    Did anyone else have issues getting roaming to work, it never worked for my wife, and she's now with Eir.

Try setting international roaming to manual instead of automatic on your phone. If you're on android it's a setting in the sim toolkit app.

What yer man said. I had the same problem when I went to Germany in April. It was a pain thinking it just didn't work. But once I realised you had to do it manually I was a away and a hack using it on every subsequent trip.

Would be nice if that was included in the roaming message, wouldn't it. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

Does anyone know if the credit can be used to pay for in-app purchases (this can be done with Three)
    Also can the credit be used to top up the phone next month or only for addons?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Three and Vodafone are currently the only two providers that offer carrier billing, according to this payment methods page on Google Play.

The top-up credit can only be used for add-ons (listed here). The only data add-on that can be purchased from credit €2/day for 1GB. Otherwise it's 10c/MB out-of-bundle or a €15 top-up to get another 30GB bundle for a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭bmm

Expire time of your bundle/credit not shown when you login to MyID , just the date ! Have been caught out a few times. ( 8€ for 80mb ! ) Support are very unhelpful, seem to have a read-only view of details so cannot help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭whizkid9

Downsey77 wrote: »

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057812464

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭nheav

Been with them since July haven't had any problems yet. Only thing is the 4g coverage isn't great in some areas but it's a minor grievance as I normally have access to 4g most places I go.

Just on this, I am thinking of moving to ID (going to buy a phone online and move to one of their sim only plans which seem very good).

But my one worry is around coverage.
    Since it's the same network as 3, can anyone confirm if I will have the exact same signal as 3 (who I am currently with) or is it a case that these type carriers are given stripped down access to the networks?
    My signal with 3 is grand, and I can get by with it, but not sure i'd be too happy with it if it was any worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,165 ✭✭✭✭ED E

nheav wrote: »
    Just on this, I am thinking of moving to ID (going to buy a phone online and move to one of their sim only plans which seem very good).

But my one worry is around coverage.
    Since it's the same network as 3, can anyone confirm if I will have the exact same signal as 3 (who I am currently with) or is it a case that these type carriers are given stripped down access to the networks?
    My signal with 3 is grand, and I can get by with it, but not sure i'd be too happy with it if it was any worse.

ID is a commercial failure that its owners are trying to divest themselves of, not sure I'd move to them.

They use the 272-05 network like Three's own customers and see similar performance.

Advertisement