Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options
  • 27-07-2015 9:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭

https://www.idmobile.ie/

Any news on the plans ID mobile will be offering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Fluffy88

iD Mobile is already online in the Northern Ireland and the UK.
    https://www.idmobile.co.uk/shop/plans/sim-only

I'm moving up north myself and for my basic needs the £5 p/m deal is the best I found.
    Cost|Minutes|Texts|Data
    £5|250|Unlimited (5000)|500MB

My guess is they will be pretty competitive here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

** Need to get approval before I can post information. Bare with me. **

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭NegativeOne

I'll be able to give you information about the service later on tonight as I'm currently being set up for the trial. It will be reflected on http://moolamonkey.com as well.

How does one get on the trial?

You can register to be on the mailing list, but trials are only for those involved with the company or CPW. At this stage all SIM Cards have been handed out and are done until launch.

** Update: the plan on the SIM Card is a special one for testers and is very comprehensive and of excellent value, but it doesn't reflect the pricing that can be expected from the network. I am certain that pricing will be of excellent value, judging by what I've seen, but it would not be commercially safe to state their internal tariffs on a public forum. Especially one that is indexed regularly by Google and the like.

Therefore I am waiting for approval, or a sly nod, before I can post the plans (or even some of them) in detail on the forum. These will be public pricing.

What I can confirm, is that 4G will be as standard, that customer care is based in Ireland, that voicemail is free, that there will be Pay as you Go plans and bill pay plans, that the iPhone is supported (but pending a software update).

The launch should be in the next week or so.
    I'll add more as I can.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

When does it launch?
    It was supposed to be in June?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Interesting to see it was unlimited data during launch in the UK and recently they removed it. Max is now 20GB

You're looking at the end of July, start of August. Customer Service us setup and operational. Mobile Data is active and all is working.

4G will be on the account as standard with no speed limits.

Regardless if they changed from unlimited to 200GB, that is, theoretically, more data than any other network, including Three. It's 5GB more than Three's Fair Use Policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭boardzz

Fair usage does not mean capped so it's not more than three.

I agree with you, Boardzz, but its is still a very good offer: even with 4G.
    Three are the leaders in terms of speed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭jimmynokia

FUP is a nice way of saying it's capped. This is all about to change soon though. Like some networks say "unlimited" this will be knocked on the head.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

Dont suppose anyone who is on id right now could share the settings needed to get 3g, tried calling their tech support but i could barely hear the girl.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

funkyouup wrote: »
    Dont suppose anyone who is on id right now could share the settings needed to get 3g, tried calling their tech support but i could barely hear the girl.

APN is internet

Yes i know what apn is, what i mean is does anyone have the individual ports and other settings i need to input into my phone inorder to avail of 3g.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Yes i know what apn is, what i mean is does anyone have the individual ports and other settings i need to input into my phone inorder to avail of 3g.

Have you tried these?

lycamobile.ie/en/mobilewebsettings

Havent tried them but i will now, should the settings i use not be unique to the id network?

Havent tried them but i will now, should the settings i use not be unique to the id network?

Yes please ignore that last comment, was meant for another thread, for some reason boards is acting up and won't allow me edit/delete posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

No the APN literally is "Internet" 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭slegs

yes thats what i meant the apn setting needed is internet

For the apn, enter:
    internet

Leave all other options (such as Port, DNS, etc.) empty.

Looks like I can finally start talking about the network.
    It is going to be very comprehensive and whatnot.

Currently, I am on a 30 day contract for €15:

5000 minutes
    5000 SMS
    20GB of 4G data

Customer Care is very helpful and prompt.

• Advertisement

5000 minutes
    5000 SMS
    20GB of 4G data

If they are launching with that plan I'll definitely be giving it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

Launch Date

FrostyJim wrote: »
    If they are launching with that plan I'll definitely be giving it a go.
    You won't be able to necessarily get this plan outright, however I suggest that you register on their website. They are giving 5000 people this plan randomly, but there has not been that number registering their interest. You should be in with a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

5000 minutes
    5000 SMS
    20GB of 4G data

I'm on this plan too, got my SIM recently. Fantastic value, even for just for the 4G internet alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭CVB

I'm on this plan also :-) fantastic exclusive plan
    I know the launch date :-) but
    I cannot reveal the launch date all I can say is very soon :-)

Just for clarity, the 4G is not live yet, but once the network goes live, the service will be bumped up from 3G to 4G.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

5000 minutes
    5000 SMS
    20GB of 4G data

€15 inc vat?

Yup. €15 even.

An observation that has come to me is, although having a knowledge of the network's progress, it would appear that they won't go fully live (and with 4G) until the newly welcomed O2 customers have 4G access. There would be murder for Three if iD customers got 4G access before the subjects of a takeover got it.

Tesco Mobile have not 4G. Blueface doesn't have 4G. 48 doesn't have 4G. Ex-O2 customers haven't 4G. They're clearly waiting.

Current users and customers of the soft launch have only 3G access. And, if you notice the social media accounts of iD, you'll see that 4G is the most sought after feature (after an overall launch date).

Now, as much as online and outdoor advertising has started for the network, ahead of an August launch, I suspect that things will be held back some more. A provisional date in the third week of August, as some suggested in different places, doesn't look likely as Three, intentionally or otherwise, are leaving iD in a difficult position of launching without 4G (as promised) or late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'd be happy to take the €15 deal now and get 4G in time.

Advertisement