Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭Zhane

Anyone else just get a text saying you have 500mb left in your plan? I have 20 gig and used 1.....i know it's a mistake but don't want to see them charge me

Got this aswell, it's obviously a mistake. The myID site is down aswell. I'm gonna turn off data for the night and check it in morning.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I had a text yesterday reminding me to reboot phone after some network maintenance scheduled for this morning..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Hi there, as part of our changes for EU Roaming you may have received a message from us in relation to your data usage. Oops! This was sent in error, there's no need to do anything so go ahead and enjoy your increased data bundle this month. Thanks, iD.

If you're data is not working, just restart and all will be working again. They've been very upfront about this from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

With I d now .no problems.i reckon it's the best 4g deal on the market .

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

cal60 wrote: »
    Decided to go ahead and sign up to sim only plan . If there are any issues I can cancel in a month. Certainly if all works out it will easily be the best value (for my fairly minimal needs) plan I can find.

Update: So far so good - no major problems and frequently getting 4G. Did have a few issues with SIM card not being recognised but I think this may be phone related (MotoG4) as the SIM works fine on my old phone (Xperia J)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

I'd like to go for the 500 minutes, 250 texts and 3GB of data bill pay option for €15.50 a month. Does anyone know how much of the 3GB of data will transfer to EU roaming?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I'd like to go for the 500 minutes, 250 texts and 3GB of data bill pay option for €15.50 a month. Does anyone know how much of the 3GB of data will transfer to EU roaming?

According to their website the full 3GB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Any body having trouble getting 2 factor texts coming through? There online help are no help at all

Whats a better network to switch to at the moment??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

safetyboy wrote: »
    Whats a better network to switch to at the moment??

Vodafone X plans. For students but read the thread about the plans in BA. Anyone can sign up for them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I cut back from my 500 mins a month for June as didn't need 1000mins. Great to get to make the saving even if it's only 150 a month. :D
    I'm on the max data...shame they don't have a 10GB data option as I rarely hit 10 but always go over 7. Would be nice to make that saving on my bill too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 bagpuss67

I switched from ID mobile as I had no signal a lot of the time and texts were taking a day of 2 to come in. Their customer service was hopeless. Would not recommend them.

terrible customer service, ive been on 4 times about texts not coming through. OK you will have an email within 24 hours, its been 2 weeks

Any body having trouble getting 2 factor texts coming through? There online help are no help at all

I am. I was able to get it working with google eventually. Did not work with some parts of KBC. I had to get my code posted to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

MarkR wrote: »
    I am. I was able to get it working with google eventually. Did not work with some parts of KBC. I had to get my code posted to me.

Life's too short for that type of c**p.

Almost 1 month in now with ID .so far so good , the data speed is as good as 4g with three , very happy so far .

Yeah the network is top, but blocking 2 factor short code text is not.

Can I ask what do you mean by 2 factor text ? I'm texting away with no problem s

short code as from you're bank, gmail, anything that needs 2 factor etc. https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?hl=en

Again with there customer service... there tech team said get the 2 factor sent to another number????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Is it ok to buy a sim and just put it in a dongle to use as home "broadband"?

blade1 wrote: »
    Is it ok to buy a sim and just put it in a dongle to use as home "broadband"?
    Well they allow teathering so it should work fine

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jmargraf

castle2012 wrote: »
    Can I ask what do you mean by 2 factor text ? I'm texting away with no problem s
    short code as from you're bank, gmail, anything that needs 2 factor etc.
    Again with there customer service... there tech team said get the 2 factor sent to another number????

Hi Guys, willing to move from Tesco to iD... I use 2FA for Google and also KBC/BOI. Just wondering have they fixed the 2FA issue? Thanks

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jmargraf wrote: »
    Hi Guys, willing to move from Tesco to iD... I use 2FA for Google and also KBC/BOI. Just wondering have they fixed the 2FA issue? Thanks

I've been with them since they first came out and haven't noticed many problems with 2FA. Sometimes I might not get one when I try an action with my online banking but if I try the same action again it goes through fine. This has happened a handful of times during my 2 years with them.

jmargraf wrote: »

Short answer, I don't know. It works for me for google and boi. I can't guarantee the initial setup activation code from kbc would reach you. I had trouble with that. I did get other codes sent out by kbc, so it may have resolved in the meantime.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Due an upgrade at the end of next month on iD. Any idea on most cost effective plan for iPhone 6S Plus or iPhone 7? Happy to pay up to 50 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

Does anybody know if a phone can be added to the friends and family plan? My phone is useless but don't want to give the plan up or fork out a fortune up front for a phone

Does anybody know if a phone can be added to the friends and family plan? My phone is useless but don't want to give the plan up or fork out a fortune up front for a phone

Is that something for carphone warehouse staff?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

MarkR wrote: »
    Is that something for carphone warehouse staff?

No when Id started they gave out x amounts of Sim cards. I got one through a family member working for I'd support contact Centre. Don't think they are available any more.

• Advertisement

The amount of times i've been into the shop...I feel we're family? :-D

Advertisement