Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Does anybody know if a phone can be added to the friends and family plan? My phone is useless but don't want to give the plan up or fork out a fortune up front for a phone

If I am correct, from recent dealings, you keep your plan but pay for the phone. A store will advise you. As per the normal method, you can pay more upfront or less per month. Your tariff stays the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

They won't be around for long!

http://goos3d.ie/id-mobile-set-to-leave-irish-market/

(note - I'm the owner of this site - just feel it'e uber relevant!)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,722 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What are ID mobile like for phone coverage...4G etc?

I like the idea of building my own bundle as I don't need many minutes/tests but require around 3GB data.

Would you recommend them for that?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 6 jmargraf

El Inho wrote: »

Ouch! I literally just ordered a SIM Card :( ugh! :mad:

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

El Inho wrote: »

Damn, the €15 friends and family bundle has been pretty good to me. Hopefully, if they do get bought out they keep that package for people who are on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

Damn, the €15 friends and family bundle has been pretty good to me. Hopefully, if they do get bought out they keep that package for people who are on it.

Me too - its great value..:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Damn..I'm good....
    I just got delivery of new Sims for virgin mobile.
    Leaving eir and ID in 10 days time!

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Should we all be taking out two year contracts now?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

MarkR wrote: »
    Should we all be taking out two year contracts now?

I think my "Family & Friends" deal was a life-time contract from iD at €15 per month.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,123 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

MarkR wrote: »
    Should we all be taking out two year contracts now Ted?

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

BowWow wrote: »
    I think my "Family & Friends" deal was a life-time contract from iD at €15 per month.

I wonder how that now sits considering id are essentially no more in Ireland.

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

The link says you won't be getting a free phone. But what would happen if you were a few months in? It woudl have to be unlocked to be moved to another provider. Your credit agreement would have to be transferred, assuming someone wants to take over id as a going concern.

I don't think they can close up shop, and ask you to pay the remaining balance in one go.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭da_hambo

Was just about to order a simcard! Seems to be the best value out there. Out of contract with 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

da_hambo wrote: »
    Was just about to order a simcard! Seems to be the best value rout there. Out of contract with 3.

I would still order it . There's a lot of talk sky will be delighted to take over as there looking to get into the market like virgin did . I'm sure sky would be thinking 30 k customers starting off would be a big win for them .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Well that's a pity. I have been with 3 (and 02) since I got a phone back in the 90's. I recently bought a new unlocked phone. Was unsure whether to go with ID or Meteor. Went with Meteor but the coverage can be shocking. Wanted to change to ID. Think I still will

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭PAKNET

Mr.S wrote: »
    Whoever buys them will take over the customer list, is that grounds to break contract?
    No - as per Three's takeover of O2.
    castle2012 wrote: »
    I would still order it . There's a lot of talk sky will be delighted to take over as there looking to get into the market like virgin did . I'm sure sky would be thinking 30 k customers starting off would be a big win for them .
    I'd be surprised if iD had 30k mobile customers on board to be honest.

I'd also wonder if Sky would be serious about taking them over in the current guise.
    There are well documented issues with the MVNO's operating on the Three network (premium rate SMS not working, issues with two-factor authentication providers, roaming) and with overall capacity on the underlying Three network itself.

It could damage the Sky Mobile brand from the get-go if they were to take over iD as it is operating today.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Sky operate with a reasonably high level of customer care. Thats not really sustainable with iD pricing nor as a 3 MVNO where you can only compete on price.

If they take it up they'll dump it within 18mo would be my bet.

It took a while for Eircom to transition to Eircom Wholesale to OpenEir and actually offer a decent wholesale service (arguably still don't). Three have been forced to play nice for only a couple years now, give them a bit longer and maybe a bit more stick from COMREG before its not a case of terrible MVNO vs 3 real networks.

Been away in Spain last week . Have to say roaming worked out perfect . Cheap as chips to run for a month

Been away in Spain last week . Have to say roaming worked out perfect . Cheap as chips to run for a month

Thanks castle2012. You made up my mind. I recently changed from Three to Meteor but find my calls dropping on Meteor. Was thinking of changing to ID but was worried about roaming. I go to Spain twice a year so I'm glad to hear it worked well for you

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭54and56

Just changed 3 family members over to ID from Lyca and it's working out a treat.

Two questions:-

1. Does the monthly top up auto renew each month or do you have to manually do it online?

2. Is it easy to turn a prepay account into a bill pay account?

BTW, one family member was ported over two days ago and went to Madrid today where the roaming data and calls to and from etc worked perfectly.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭darraghn

I was in the UK recently (including London), roaming worked well (zero additional cost), however, the only gotcha was, no 4G connection, only 3G or less....

Got this today : Hi there, Service Announcement: From today Monday 10th July there will no longer be iD stores within Harvey Norman. For account information go to my.idmobile.ie/login, for Top-up go to idmobile.ie/top-up. Thanks, iD.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Got this today : Hi there, Service Announcement: From today Monday 10th July there will no longer be iD stores within Harvey Norman. For account information go to my.idmobile.ie/login, for Top-up go to idmobile.ie/top-up. Thanks, iD.

The shutdown has began so. They move fast.

They certainly do . I reckon there's a buyer ready . Part of the deal is they don't want the stores .

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Me too - its great value..:mad:

I'm the same.

It's 30day rolling? I'd say we'll be shipped off that ASAP!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    The shutdown has began so. They move fast.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Remember idmobile are owned by the same guys who own Currys and PC world. When they merged with Carphone, Carphone had some stores in HN. I think it's just that contact running out rather than some planned overall shut down.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

My 24 month contract is coming to an end in September. I want to move to prepay when this ends. Do I need to notify them that I will not be renewing billpay beyond the 24 months or does that happen automatically anyway?

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    My 24 month contract is coming to an end in September. I want to move to prepay when this ends. Do I need to notify them that I will not be renewing billpay beyond the 24 months or does that happen automatically anyway?

I'd presume you have to notify. Usually you have to give notice e.g. 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Maz2016 wrote: »
    I'd presume you have to notify. Usually you have to give notice e.g. 30 days.

You'll need to notify them. If not you will be put in a rolling 30 day bill pay contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Small piece in the Sunday Times "Sky mulls iD mobile move".

Article says Sky and EE (BT) are believed to be interested. Sky is regarded as a serious contender for the business with BT less likely as it mainly focuses on large corporates rather than consumers here and may not enter the market as a reseller or virtual operator.

Advertisement