Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iD mobile EU roaming doesnt work

Options
  • 23-11-2017 5:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Traveled to Belgium and Netherlands for 3 days. Is using iD mobile here. In Belgium, iD mobile roaming simply didnt work at all (was automatically connected to proximus). Followed the instructions on the web. didnt help. Called up the customer service and followed all instructions on changing the sim modes, APN etc. No use at all. Totally pissed that I didnt have data while roaming. They said the technical support will call me within 48 hours, but didnt receive the call. When I returned and followed it up again, they said I have made calls from my phone!!!!!!!!! which I didnt make at all. And today the customer officer told me the roaming sometimes may not work for all countries!!!!

In Netherlands the data worked, although only on H+, Tmobile-NL network.

When I asked if they can investigate if other people have same issue in Belgium, they cant do that. They said they can only investigate when I am in Belgium. Ridiculous. Now filing a complaint with ComReg . Anyone else have similar issues with iD mobile in Belgium or any other country??

PS:I use an S8 sim free and pretty sure, it aint user error.

Used web instructions from here : https://www.idmobile.ie/our-blog/may-2016/what-you-need-to-know-about-using-your-phone-abroa

Comments

Advertisement