Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ID Mobile - Closing down April 6th

Options
1444546474850»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I'm conscious as to how you could leave before this end date. The Three Bill Pay requires 30 days notice, which would not be enough before the 31st March final date.

This does not rule out extending the deal, but it doesn't currently add up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Recent posts moved from Bargain Alerts thread as its no longer a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I'm conscious as to how you could leave before this end date. The Three Bill Pay requires 30 days notice, which would not be enough before the 31st March final date.

This does not rule out extending the deal, but it doesn't currently add up.

I was told that I could switch to another network at any time.

Three offered me the same deal for €15 per month so I might just stay with them anyway.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have three numbers ex ID mobile on that €5 pm plan with three, I rang them up there now and told them i was considering moving all three numbers to the EIR sim only plan which is 14.99 a month for 6 months, they informed me that they have a plan in place for people coming to the end of this ID mobile plan offer we were all on.

Its the same plan as we are currently on but its €15 a month for next 12 months now. I was informed that I have one more month at €5 and then all three accounts will go to €15, if I want to avail of the offer, needless to say, I did. The €5 plan was excellent as my lads only use data and virtually no calls or texts, so to get the same plan for an extra €10 each a month, I guess I can live with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Aquos76 wrote: »
    I have three numbers ex ID mobile on that €5 pm plan with three, I rang them up there now and told them i was considering moving all three numbers to the EIR sim only plan which is 14.99 a month for 6 months, they informed me that they have a plan in place for people coming to the end of this ID mobile plan offer we were all on.

Its the same plan as we are currently on but its €15 a month for next 12 months now. I was informed that I have one more month at €5 and then all three accounts will go to €15, if I want to avail of the offer, needless to say, I did. The €5 plan was excellent as my lads only use data and virtually no calls or texts, so to get the same plan for an extra €10 each a month, I guess I can live with it.

Did the same here. 15 euro a month for 12 months is excellent (especially considering the fantastic deal we were on for the previous 12 months).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 TheMagee

Killer K wrote:
    Did the same here. 15 euro a month for 12 months is excellent (especially considering the fantastic deal we were on for the previous 12 months).

Killer K wrote:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Just got the 15 euro offer for 12 months as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭RHJ

Aquos76 wrote: »

Sorry about this but to be clear I presume for all of those of us on the €5 per month offer will be automatically be put on the €15 per month plan once our current offer expires?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

RHJ wrote: »
    Sorry about this but to be clear I presume for all of those of us on the €5 per month offer will be automatically be put on the €15 per month plan once our current offer expires?

I’d be surprised if you were automatically put on to it to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

RHJ wrote: »

No. Pretty sure that if you do not ring up and ask for the deal you will be put on the 30 euro monthly rolling contract.

I rang up with the intention of leaving as I was going to move to virgin. When i was offered the 15 euro deal that was it. Staying for another 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭IQO

Just spoke with Three, as my id mobile offer of 5 EUR a month is expiring as well. Quite a confusing conversation, the lady on the phone said my contract already expired in May 2018, so wondered how it could be I'm still using Three and am monthly paying the above price. After 10 minutes she noticed my id mobile offer that would soon be expiring (but she was unable to see the exact expiry date). She then pro-actively offered the new 15 EUR a month price, which I gladly accepted.

All good in the end, but was wondering if I wouldn't have called the 5 EUR subscription would automatically have continued, the records at Three were not really clear about this it seemed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

Hi Guys,
    My eir 12 months on €15 pm has just finished . I'm looking at the Virgin Mobile €15 SIM only plan (I'm not a big data or phone user so the limits look Ok to me). I'd prefer to sing up now to something that is reasonably long term as I don't want to have to be watching for expiry dates of promotions etc

Virgin Mobile seem to have got a bit of bad press on this site . What is anyone else's experience ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Moved to the €15 per month also. They first tried to offer me a 'free phone' to move to one of their other plans, then offered me the €15 per month if I signed up for 12 months. I don't know many others on 3 so all you can eat calls and data for even the 30 a month is a great deal for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Schorpio

My 12 month €15 eir deal just ended too. Eir texted me straight away offering me to continue the plan for 6 months @ €20 a month.

Saw that the €15 deal is still on the website, so gave them a call and the lady I spoke to was able to extend the €15 offer for 6 months (when I told her I was thinking for cancelling, naturally). I was on hold for ages trying to get through though.

TL;DR - if you're happy with the €15 eir deal, give them a call and you'll probably managed to get the deal extended.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Think we may be all on to winners having been iD customers. If eir and three are going to keep trying to hold onto the iD customers they got going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

I was a "lifetime" iD customer at €15 per month for 10,000 minutes of calls to mobiles/landlines, 10,000 texts and 30Gb of data.

Can't help but think if iD had gone with something like the new simple GoMo model they would still be here. One product, one price, payment against debit card etc.
    Letting people design their own product and selling phones as part of the deal made their offering appear complicated.

The amount of people talking about, and moving to, GoMo is unreal.

Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭cal60

Seems like a very good deal - surely the other networks will have to respond ?

I wonder will GoMo have full access to the Eir network - do I recall that some MVNO only had access to an older portion of Three's network?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭BowWow

As GoMO is owned by eir, I wouldn't see that as a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 clonna

soery i havent been on here in years but it struck me that here is the right place to ask- is everyone still paying for their Id handset? I'm just wondering how to contact them to see how much I have left to pay. my poor old handset is pretty old and pretty poor so ill need to start thinking about upgrading soon!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Buzzer2016

clonna wrote: »
    soery i havent been on here in years but it struck me that here is the right place to ask- is everyone still paying for their Id handset? I'm just wondering how to contact them to see how much I have left to pay. my poor old handset is pretty old and pretty poor so ill need to start thinking about upgrading soon!

I didn’t pay for the handset. They closed their company a month after upgrading my handset. I told them I wasn’t paying cause it would put me out of pocket. I haven’t heard from them since they closed

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭paulski999

Looks like Carphone Warehouse (ID Mobile) liquidators are back, mother got an email from solicitors looking for balance on phone back from 2018. Is there a Statue of Limitations on things like this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

6 years, so sounds like they're jumping in just before it's statute-barred.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 paddy290

Hi ,

I recently received an email from solicitors regarding this, however it was sent to me late March. It’s been over the 6 year mark. I am guessing there outside the statute of limitations with me.

Advertisement