Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Mishal54

Westward Forbidden Horizon. I didn't get a chance to play it when it first came out, but I was able to get it on sale and have been messing around with it ever since. I wholeheartedly endorse

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Spiderman Remastered. Lovely looking game, controls are taking a bit of getting used too though but want to stick with keyboard and mouse as opposed to gamepad.

Have actually found a game thats better to play with gamepad and Spiderman Remastered is it. Also been messing around with Cyberpunk 2077, unsure about it at the moment but Im starting to think that they have created something brilliant here.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 jobrien874ie

Rimworld on Steam is brilliant if anyone hasn't tried it yet, great amount of mods for it as well :)

Really enjoying Cyberpunk 2077, great game in my opinion.

• Advertisement

Oh dear, ive played about 25hour of Cyberpunk 2077 and finding its not so great after all. This could possible have been the greatest game ever made but its just not there. No where near as polished as GTA5 or RDR and am finding the more I get into the game the more flaws there are. Game world could have been epic but its just dead. No real bugs as such in the game but its things are just not right in it. Will play it out to completion but what's started out with me thinking this is brilliant has ended up with just an average game.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Overall I thought it was a 7/10.

Some of the tighter set pieces are quite good, like the first few missions but the open world isn't very interactive.

Driving wasn't great when I played it either which sometimes made traversing the world a bit of a chore.

Just finished up Spiderman Remastered,good game but dragged a bit at the end I thought. Started Guardians of the Galaxy not really expecting much but have been quite surprised. Decent gameplay and good character interaction,game definitely has some charm missing in a lot of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭brady12

I think guardians was my goty last year . Funniest game iv ever played and a great game . Knew nothing about the movies before it but game got me into them.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Replaying Subnautica after the last update at the moment, along with the usual Starsector run through.

Will probably replay Jedi Fallen Order before Survivor comes out soon.

• Advertisement

Atomic Heart - Its alright i suppose, nearly half way through and im bored of it already if im honest. Just keep thinking im playing Bioshock when ever I play it. Was waiting for The Last of Us to launch on PC, think ill wait until they iron out some of the reported issues.

Playing the new league in Path of Exile at the moment. New mechanic is a bit shite, but enjoying how active it is.

Also playing Everspace 2. Should be a game i adore, just not quite hooked me yet. Only an hour in though, so plenty of time for that yet.

Never played any Uncharted games before but playing Unchartered 4, very enjoyable if very linear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Last Epoch is taking all my gaming time the last month since 0.9 release.

Played Diablo4 OB couldnt wait to get back to Last Epoch, played new POE season and again im back to Last Epoch.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I bought No Man's Sky the other day .......... very little hand holding in that game . I think I could throw a good few hours into this .

Is there much missing from the 1.0 launch? Saw a lot of good press about the new update, but wasn't sure if I wanted to jump in now or wait till release.

I would say not really much will change just polish here and there.

Endgame is great now with the monolith system.

Campaign is literally a tutorial and stepping stone to endgame.

Tonnes of builds potential and respeccing is a thing, its cheap and easy if you need to as you craft your builds.

I would say its a very good time to jump in now, devs are great, often in game chat too answering questions etc.

I would say its sits nicely between D3/D4 and POE in terms of complexity and accessibility.

For me it s a complex enough and doesnt require a massive time investment like poe plus is not F2P so everything is there for you ingame.

No need to buy extra inventory slots etc with real money, just buy with gold.

Without doubt as someone who plays a lot of arpg`s this is my favourite.

Couple of recent vids from lazy peon and zizaran to help you decide.

Also a couple of links for builds and info.

https://www.lastepochtools.com

Cheers, may give that a go. Love me a good ARPG.

Playing POE at the moment, and its complicated before you even get to end game. Watching some of the streamers, the end game looks mental.

Seeing mention of ARPG i gave Diablo 3 a go earlier, wow. Really enjoyed that. More used to the turn based Baldurs Gate style games. Never played a Diablo game before. Is D3 worth playing at this stage ?? Think I'll either go D4 but its fcuking nearly €70 and not released yet, Last Epoch is tempting. Only want to concentrate on one . Going Last Epoch

Post edited by Glebee on

Great choice to be fair.

Some of the D3 seasons were good, others boring as hell.

I only came back for the seasons so longterm it wasnt anywhere as interesting as last epoch or poe as it a very simplistic game by comparison.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

If you haven't played it before D3 is worth playing.

Doesn't nessacerily have the skill tree complexity of the others but a good game none the less

Playing Spider-man remastered on a super ultra wide screen (32:9 5120x1440). Absolutely stunning! Have to hand it to Sony with their PC ports supporting UQHD as a distinguishable PC port feature. Looking forward the The Last of Us getting fixed up so I can play that.

Also playing Frost Punk, another good one for ultra wide except that the notifications can't be moved and I've missed a few as they are in my peripheral vision. I've dropped down to 26:9 and it's much better. Loving the game, it is completely unforgiving. I'm at a point now where I realise I need to reorganise my city to conserve coal. Finding it a hard thing to do with a load of people dying and discontent going to 100%. It's a pity, because I'm starting to lose interest because of it. I really don't want to start again as I'm on the end game quest.

Seeing that the new Star Wars game is out made me realize I never did play much of Fallen Order, first couple of levels I think and got distracted by something else. Restarting to give it a proper play through. Great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Not wanting to play long games before Tears of the Kingdom comes out, I started Remember Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭Zylias

Been clearing out a lot of backlog on the steam deck, over the last 12 months or so I have completed FF7R, Dragon Quest XI, Trials of Mana, Horizon Zero Dawn and Fable.

Currently working on Coromon, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands and after them will go through God of War.

Btw for anyone on the fence, the steam deck is seriously a godsend, if I didn't play WoW and ESO on my main PC I'd have gotten rid of it for the steam deck on it's own.

Playing Death Stranding on PC. Picked it up recently for free on the Epic store.

My first tme playing it. Can you believe I managed to avoid hearing anything about the game? What a mad game to go into knowing nothing about it. I'm really enjoying it. I'm not going to say anymore in case anyone else hasn't played it.

Its a really good PC port. It has really nice HDR and plays well in ultra wide.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

I always find it odd that PC ports years after the console release have such a high price tag. Right now forty bucks for a four year old game on steam. I know you can wait for the sale but it’s a bit ridiculous. I remember a few years ago when there was an old assassins creed game the same price as the new one.

Well it is a Sony game 😄

My favourite thing about PC is playing old games on ultra settings. It's a real treat when they've also been remastered.

I have to hand it to Sony, they're doing a great job with their PC ports going a step more than just fps and resolution, adding HDR and ultra wide.

Bionic Commando. The 2009 version.

• Advertisement

Finished that so now on to Bionic Commando Rearmed.

Edit to say we're spoiled these days since this uses 3 lives then have to restart the whole level rather than from a checkpoint.

Post edited by CastorTroy on

Advertisement