Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What games have you been playing lately?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started playing Hollow Knight for the first time last night.

Maybe they're waiting for me to finish it before they announce the release date for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭Glebee

Trying to play Starfield but the game is just annoying me. Its running crap on my PC even on low settings and everything just looks grey. Dont think im going to stick with it. Loading screens all over the place and if I have to look at that ship taking off and landing one more time ..Mission system is annoying me as well, maybe im just in a bad mood :)

Post edited by Glebee on

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

I'll give it another crack over Christmas, need to get in the right mood for it.

Actually stuck with Starfield after and am starting to get into it more and more, ok it has its flaws but its definitely growing on me, will stick with it definitely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 AdrianJones

there are so many wonderful games in the world and I'm stuck in dota 2 my whole life and wow, how to get out of this circle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Got amiga forever emulation software recently and playing Chaos Engine, absolutely brilliant game back when I played it originally and still brilliant today. Jesus but the Amiga had some great, highly playable games that you don't seem to get on the PC. Available through steam for PC, highly recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Are there dedicated steam deck forums/threads? I'm looking for some game recommendations of the pick up and enjoy for 15m variety

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

After finishing up with Starfield its back to Baldurs Gate 3 for me. Had just started Act 3 when I got sidetracked so will stick with it now to completion.

• Advertisement

Everyones gone to the rapture: Been meaning to get to this for a very long time and by the ending I wished I had gone to the rapture as well. Looks lovely with a beautiful soundtrack but a complete walking simulator and I have no idea what story was about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

Finally finished Portal 1 (thanks to santa depositing a steam deck) and now started on Portal 2. Absolute cracking series

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Warhammar rogue trader, I'm really enjoying it.

Would not be a massive Harry Potter fan but after a slow start I am really enjoying Hogwarts Legacy. They really have done a fantastic job with the source material and if your anyway into HP it must be absolutely fantastic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Equipped with a powerful new PC and what game is taking all my time only WOW classic 😁 , Season Of Discovery is sooooo good.

Submerged: Hidden Depths - Alright game, nothing really to it. You don't really have to do anything excerpt travel around the game world on foot and by boat. Puzzles are not difficult. easy relaxing game. 7/10

Sea of Stars: fantastic little game on game pass. Only stated it yesterday and it has me completely gripped. Well worth checking out.

Eh so i started to play Palworld and yeah its insanely addictive but very very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Might wanna be careful, I hear the Pokeman fanatics are not happy it resembles their favourite franchise🤣

Ive moved on to Enshrouded, similar to a point but more RPG and exploration focused and an even better experience imho.

• Advertisement

How have you enjoyed it a few days in? I’m on the fence with it for the steam deck

Its really good to be honest, its like Valheim and Skyrim got together.

It wasnt on my radar at all until a few streamers i watch were playing it and i knew i would enjoy it despite not being a huge fan of survival games but this hits different.

Proper RPG and exploration vibes , im really enjoying it.

Gears of War 5: more of the same really, open world vibe, mediocre. If you liked the others youll like this.

Finished up with Gears 5 today, after a sort of mediocre game I really enjoyed the over the top action ending levels. Installed Lie of Pi, got to first boss, died, uninstalled. My god I hate souls like games. Just can't handle any of them. Love to give Elden Ring a go but know I'll probably hate it.

Jan/Feb for me is somewhat of a golden period.

I fully intended to get absorbed in WOW classic season of discovery phase 2 but some top tier games took me away.

Enshrouded early access with a tonne of content took a lot of my time but then Helldivers 2 and more recent Deep Rock Galactic Survivor are taking all my gaming time but well deserved as i feel both are approaching masterpiece status.

Sadly Helldivers 2 is suffering from its own success as its really hard to get a multiplayer game in with the broken matchmaking and server overloads but what an incredible game.

In few days time another incredible game will have its 1.0 launch, Last Epoch imho is the best arpg out there.

Also played a small bit of skull and bones which to my surprise is enjoyable ,incredibly chilled game for someone looking for some relaxing gaming.

Think I might dip back into Last Epoch, have not played in a long time, has much changed with the full release?

Massive amount of changes, complete graphics overhaul but so much more.

Vid expains more, its just a brilliant arpg but servers are getting hammered 200K on regularly now.

Playing a new character in Last Epoch and really was enjoying it until I hit a boss battle that killed the game for me in beta as well. Just can't get past a certain boss battle no matter what I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Currently playing the 5.0 Update of the Old World Blues mod for HOI4, an amazingly done mod that keeps getting better.

• Advertisement
Advertisement