Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,459 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Finished Doom Eternal a few weeks ago and am just about done with the Outer Wilds DLC. Have been playing Cities Skylines a little when I wanted to just relax.

Haven't decided what to play next. Possibly Prey is next on my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Prey.

That is a great game you won't be disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm approaching the end of Guardians of the Galaxy, which has been really enjoyable, quite long too, although that could also be due to the fact that I'm also spreading myself around Tarkov, Hunt Showdown and Pubg, which are all excellent at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭Homelander

I haven't played anything new in a really long time.

Fallout 76, Overwatch, Apex Legends, Enlisted still taking up most of my time.

Pretty incredible when OW cost me about €15 4+ years ago, Fallout is on Game Pass and the other two are both Free2Play. Have spent money on Apex in the past though, same for Enlisted.

I know everyone's all about Hell Let Loose but I genuinely prefer Enlisted. Feels like a mix between Battlefield and Call of Duty 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Total War Warhammer 3 has just released this morning. Probably my favourite series at the moment so will be playing this for years to come. Very pleased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I love warhammer universe and a specially 40k. So Totalwar Warhammer series were always something I wanted to play got both games ages ago, got docs over several sales, but every time I tried to play it, I was overwhelmed and quit. About a month ago I decided to put my big boy pants and learn to play the damn thing! Put about 50h, tried and failed with different races, until I tried Empire ( a few times... ) and finally got to 200ish turns, became number 1 power and learn how to play ( badly, but I at least I can survive past first 20 turns lol )

Needless to say I preordered WH3 on steam ( even if I could just play it on game pass ) and had yesterday and today off. Watched a ton of YouTube of WH3 campaign videos.

I out 8h in yesterday and would have been more if misses did not wanted to have a few drinks hehe.

Did prologue due to story reasons and started playing as Ogres. I absolutely love them so far and their playstyle is unique, but not too complicated, so I am doing not bad so far. Plus it's a first faction I play aggressively in battles, instead of hugging a map corner hehe.

Yep it is overwhelming as **** to start off with. I've been playing TWW2 for years now and have hundreds of hours in so pretty comfortable with it but I know how you feel. Having played a bit of 3, I think there's some bugs that need to be fixed and maybe another look at how the campaign works but I'm really really looking forward to the massive map they'll release later this year, that'll be where all my hours go. And some (all?) of the best TWW2 content was DLC so looking forward to what they come up with here. All going well there'll be years of content.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Mass Effect Legendary Edition

Never played the series years ago so decided to give it a go. 1 and 2 are rough because the gameplay is so dated but I will say there's very few gemes that I've really got into the story but it does drag you in in mass effect.

Thankfully 3 still holds its own compared to modern cover shooters so is much better to play.

Gonna download Lost Ark and give it bash after I've finished Mass Effect

Hehe, I got only 75h ish on WH2 and most of it is put in in the last month or two hehe. So I am still very "Green" at it.

I managed put 16h over two days I had off ( don't judge! ) and got to turn 80 with Ogres and I really like them. Ironically I though, they will be my last choice. I went with Skrag though, I liked his map position more then main Ogre Lord.

I most likely will lose this campaign anyway, as I still sick at the game and I am learning their mechanics, but I will want to try with them again properly. As at the moment, pretty much everyone hates me and I am rank 2 in strength. The silver lining is that rank 1 Kislev is still a bit far from me hehe.

Can't wait for my next day off, so I can sink my teeth in to it again.

I've gotten about 10 hours into TWW3 now (thanks kids) and I think they need to tidy up a few things. This is nitpicking and overall I'm really liking it.

The Great Bastion takes attrition like every other settlement, this makes zero sense as it can't be encircled. It should not take attrition. This means you need an army nearby at all times basically which is annoying.

You should not ever build the walls in a T3 settlement because you'll come under siege and just get starved out because of the way attrition works now, from turn 1 of being under siege. Without the walls they'll just attack. Don't build the walls.

There are some really **** bugs such as supply lines being applied for every Lord you've ever recruited, active or not, that are really really detrimental. I hope they fix them ASAP.

Minor settlement sieges are great and a huge improvement on game 2. I'm not mad on the defences just rebuilding themselves though and there's some weird allocation of towers to capture points, e.g. in Praag it really stands out. There's no point in building towers almost there.

The campaign mechanics suck. The rifts, the Chaos realms, they just suck imo. Spending 5 or 6 turns in a Chaos realm just to get booted out for no progress is pretty much just hostile to the player. I'm going to mod my game so the rifts stop vomiting out armies.

But I'll be putting a hell of a lot of hours into this. Playing Cathay now and between Kislev and Ogres next.

• Advertisement

Looks like a lot of people don't like the whole chaos real mechanic in campaign. It's not that rewarding for the effort you put. Specially at the start of campaing as you pretty much have to dedicate your main army to go in there for a lot of turns. There are even mods to remove the whole damn thing already, which I understand.

I personally watching on YouTube Kislev, Kathy and Demon Prince playthrougs after work, before passing out in bed. ( leave home at 10 and back at 11 at night, so not much time left to myself ) This way i Get at least some WH content during work days. So far whole Chaos realm thing just feels annoying and not very fun. I guess it's the reason why I am on turn 80 and I just went to Slanesh once to get seduced and get a good chunk of gold, that I really needed. Other then that I just close down rifts.

Actually closing down rifts a bit of a pain in a gap too, because when your empire expands, you need to keep some forces deep in your territory, just to be able to get those rifts under control.

Other then that, I really like it. One of the the things that I really like, is that you can trade settlements now. When I played WH2 as empire, I loved ability to take over settlements from non human factions that invaded Empire and then give them back to original owner. Which makes you a lot of good "karma" and you can have some good allies taking blows away from you, while you focus somewhere else. Now in WH3, I can take over settlements that are not suitable for me, but I just gift them or sell them to ally faction, to make a little buffer from me and other threats.

Jaysus, looks like boards.ie is really dead now. In fairness, I was not much around until WH3 came out.

Anyway, I had day off today, so last night and today, I had some quality time with warhammer and a glass of wine.

Again, really love Ogres. They are so far my favourite faction out of all of the ones I tried. First faction that I aggressively charge in to enemy armies and not just hug a corner amd hope for the best.

Making a wee ogre ball and sending it in to one side of enemy flank never gets old. Then have ledbealchers just pepper the middle of the enemy army. To finish off send 2 Stonehorns to opposite flank. After that enjoy the show hehe.

The other thing is, that Ogres can have stupid amount of money and income thanks to camps. I love having defensive armies in important parts of me empire and its even easier with camps. You can have 6 armies, 4 of them sitting in camps waiting for something to wonder in, while your 2 main armies just go HAM.

Finally got 2 Souls. Slanesh and Khorn. Auto resolved the main battles as I sow them on YouTube and really could not be arsed. And after doing it myself, I dislike concept even more. My main legendary lord pretty much goes to portal, spends all time in chaos Real, gets soul and then spends pretty much all his time in garrison getting debuff off. By the time it's gone, a new wave of portals opened...

So I managed to finish Mass Effect Legendary edition having never played the games years ago.

Enjoyed it overall,story was good,gameplay in 3 was great,glad I took the time to play them.

I started Lost Ark the other day and I'm level 21 now so prob about 10 hrs in. The quests are awful,like the most cookie cutter quests you can imagine which let's it down,gets tedious in between combat even with a mount.

The combat is stunning but not sure I'll continue with it for the moment or not.

Well, I just won my very first campaign in Warhammer Totalwar!!! It was on normal difficulty and i did save scummed, but i dont care, its the most I ever achoeved in these series. Was playing exclusively WH3 since it launched.

Not sure if I want to give a small break or go with Khorn next!

Still turtling away at Lost Ark here and there,gonna hit level 50 the next time I login.

Combat is so so good,slower paced diablo style combat in an MMO world.

Biggest issue is the quests are truely awful. Like zero imagination. You can literally get quests where you walk about 5 meters away from the giver to someone to talk to. Then you go back and forth between the two despite them being right beside each other about 3 or 4 times to complete the quest. Some of the worst busy work I've seen in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Deaths Door: Stuck on the last boss and no matter what I do I cant complete. Hate when that happens...

Edit, being trying it all evening and still no luck. Even watched youtube tips. Just uninstalled in a rage.

Post edited by Glebee on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I looked forward to lost ark for so long ,enjoyed it for a week or so when released but the gambling of materials to upgrade gear is a joke when you get to high tiers and turned me right off.

Im playing Hell Let Loose as always also enjoying Destiny 2 again, the new expansion is by far the best they have ever made and the endgame is pretty solid too.

I had the exact same experience, all the way to the final boss, got absolutely nowhere near killing him, and just stopped. I enjoyed my time with the game but it's a bit of a sour note to end on.

Just started Days Gone, decent game overall but I can see how its going to get repetitive. Was going to playthrough RDR2 again but started this instead. I really dont replay games again once ive finished them

Been playing Days Gone for about a week now and am actually really impressed. Great game and well worth a playthrough. Its defo scratching that RDR2 itch I had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Elden Ring pretty much exclusively. 60 hours in or so, and heading towards the last third of the game. Utterly brilliant for anyone on the fence.

Fancy a Stellaris run through soon as well, and a new DLC is out soon. Might wait a few weeks for the staple mods to be updated though.

Would like to give Sifu another go as well.

Going to go back to play some Ovewrwatch now that 2 is in Beta release, I understood it was a complete new game with more PvE elements than the first game... Is it just a rehash of Overwatch 1 with a few new characters and extra maps? Anyway always like Overwatch, everything was very polished I thought.

Went back to it a few days ago after about two years away, still a very fun game but match wait time for dps is pretty long.

I done the whole watch streams for overwatch 2 beta codes yesterday and got my drop but its not active on my battlenet yet.

SOme people saying it takes a few hours but i claimed mine at about 11pm yesterday so thats quite a few hours now.

On a big strategy game buzz at the moment. Played a couple of games of Civ VI, now am about to complete my first game of EU4, and going to try CK3 after that which I put about 15 hours into on release but will be giving it another go now to try properly get into it.

Finished up with Days Gone and really enjoyed it. Great game and well worth a playthrough. Started Salt & Santurary and it's made me realise how much I hate Dark Souls / Metrovania type games. Rage quit and uninstalled.

Finally Finished Elden Ring last night, after playing it pretty much exclusively since launch, I'm looking forward to rotating between some FPS,

namely, Tarkov, Hunt Showdown, PUBG and Insurgency.

I chickened out of Elden Ring, of the other games your planning to play they are all very good but id Hell let Loose in there , imo its the best fps out there right now.

Im playing V Rising at the moment and is fantastic, newly released on EA but probably the most polished early access game ive played.

I'm keen to try hell let loose but I reckon it might be better experienced as a team. Who knows, if I'm feeling froggy, I may just jump in on it.

As for the other FPS I mentioned, I should have clarified that I'm going back to playing them, after taking a break for ER. They've all had a slew of updates while I was away so plenty fresh content to pick over

@Stone Deaf 4evr re: Elden Ring im constantly tempted to pick it up but i wimped out of all the others in the series hence my hesitation but i love well crafted open worlds to explore and enemies to kill with a good feeling of progression just not a the frustration level of the souls games.

re: Hell Let Loose the majority of players on the big clan servers know what they are doing so your always playing as a team more specifically part of a big team but operating withing your squad, its really is a phenomenal experience once you get over the initial learning curve [maybe i should practice what im preaching when it comes to Elden Ring and the souls games :P]

@Glebee re: Days Gone is great, its one i will definitely return to as i was about 15 hours in but got side tracked by something else at the time.

While i never played any of the red dead games RDR2 popped into my head while playing Days Gone as something i should buy [ weird i know as its not as if there are zombies in both] :P

• Advertisement

Gave V Rising a go. Got convinced by a friend. I didn't like the look of it at first at all but its growing on me. Similarities with Valheim.

Advertisement