Advertisement
Where is Report Post on mobile? We've made a slight change, see here
Have your say on the future of the 'Save Draft' feature in this poll
MODs please see this information notice in the mod's forum. Thanks!
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards

What games have you been playing lately?

1106107109111112

Comments



  • Just upgraded my PC from the brink of death so I can now actually start using it again. Any Discord groups about? looking to start playing Tarkov and a few bits.




  • So yeah Enlisted, i fecking love it after initially not liking it.
    Even squad mode which i particularly disliked is a joy to play.
    The grind is real so i put €10 into it to but the premium account for a month and things are now moving along nicely.
    I done so to get to some of the iconic weapons to distribute around my squads which really ups the enjoyment and immersion.
    Id sum it up as a WW2 shooter/RPG gunplay is the highlight for sure its fantastic.
    Its an odd cocktail it has hitmarkers like COD and kill fed but has realistic tones, more realistic than BFV but no so much as hell let Loose its a nice balance to be fair msking it a lot more enjoyable than BFV.
    Progression is in a league of its own hence the reference to RPG games, it really is an RPG with deep customization and skill trees,weapon upgrades via a crafting system etc.
    Its a great looking game too with some really great maps , dice should hire these guys to make maps.




  • It's really good, I also bought the Battle Pass/Premium as well.

    Squads mode is great, it might be a lot of AI but it keeps them moving at a crazy pace with huge scale, and being able to switch between members and kit them out RPG style is fantastic...also, downing the enemy human controlled "squad leader" and finishing them off is super satisfying

    Gunplay is also really good, way more heft and impact than the likes of Battlefield, let alone COD. Bolt action rifles haven't been this fun in a long time. Great maps as well, potential for flanking is incredible, and the environments are excellent, creeping through the foliage and scrub has never been better.

    Really solid thumbs up from me. Even if you just play it free and don't get the premium, it's still a lot of fun.




  • Speaking of downing the player from squad, im not seeing any indication onscreen for this what am i missing?




  • In the Battle Royale scene, Apex Legends is having a good week with it's Season 8 launch, new Arena 3v3 mode and Jetpack-centric legend release, Valkyrie. Have had tons of fun exploiting Valk's unique mobility in the game. She is definitely a tank even though the game recognizes no such class, you end up kiting huge sums of damage for your team because of all the dodging and flying you do, but that also limits how much shooting you do. Her tactical ability is decently balanced, her ultimate is very situational but is offset by the underlying jetpack mechanic itself which is separate from either the tactical or ultimate recharge timers.


  • Advertisement


  • Overheal wrote: »
    In the Battle Royale scene, Apex Legends is having a good week with it's Season 8 launch, new Arena 3v3 mode and Jetpack-centric legend release, Valkyrie. Have had tons of fun exploiting Valk's unique mobility in the game. She is definitely a tank even though the game recognizes no such class, you end up kiting huge sums of damage for your team because of all the dodging and flying you do, but that also limits how much shooting you do. Her tactical ability is decently balanced, her ultimate is very situational but is offset by the underlying jetpack mechanic itself which is separate from either the tactical or ultimate recharge timers.

    Apex is great at the moment, really enjoying it.




  • Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Just upgraded my PC from the brink of death so I can now actually start using it again. Any Discord groups about? looking to start playing Tarkov and a few bits.

    https://discord.gg/7w5hqsQM




  • Overheal wrote: »
    In the Battle Royale scene, Apex Legends is having a good week with it's Season 8 launch, new Arena 3v3 mode and Jetpack-centric legend release, Valkyrie. Have had tons of fun exploiting Valk's unique mobility in the game. She is definitely a tank even though the game recognizes no such class, you end up kiting huge sums of damage for your team because of all the dodging and flying you do, but that also limits how much shooting you do. Her tactical ability is decently balanced, her ultimate is very situational but is offset by the underlying jetpack mechanic itself which is separate from either the tactical or ultimate recharge timers.

    Apex imo is the best BR out there right now so enjoyable to play win or lose the movement and gunplay has such a nice feel to it




  • Bought a super console x a couple of months ago.
    It plays older style retro consoles. Amiga , cpc 464 , PlayStation 1 , Dreamcast, N64 , SNES , MAME etc etc

    Very far removed from today’s level of technical capabilities however I must say I’m getting a lot of value from my €100 outlay.

    52000 games pre built in.
    2 wireless controllers
    Tiny console the size of two cigarette boxes

    If your into retro you could do worse.




  • dalyboy wrote: »
    Bought a super console x a couple of months ago.
    It plays older style retro consoles. Amiga , cpc 464 , PlayStation 1 , Dreamcast, N64 , SNES , MAME etc etc

    Very far removed from today’s level of technical capabilities however I must say I’m getting a lot of value from my €100 outlay.

    52000 games pre built in.
    2 wireless controllers
    Tiny console the size of two cigarette boxes

    If your into retro you could do worse.

    Where did you get it from?


  • Advertisement


  • Glebee wrote: »
    Where did you get it from?

    Aliexpress
    4 weeks for delivery




  • Glebee wrote: »
    Apex is great at the moment, really enjoying it.
    Dave1711 wrote: »
    Apex imo is the best BR out there right now so enjoyable to play win or lose the movement and gunplay has such a nice feel to it

    Witness this absolutely schadenfreudistic final round

    https://www.facebook.com/gaming/fraghero/videos/183557963627415/




  • Overheal wrote: »
    Witness this absolutely schadenfreudistic final round

    https://www.facebook.com/gaming/fraghero/videos/183557963627415/

    Unbelievable




  • Eve online ( again ) - Dusted off my old account and started playing it again, without putting much pressure on myself and just doing solo No Friends Billy style. Enjoying it a lot and I do pretty much pve stuff. Got myself setup Battleship for missions, cheap mining Barge for afking while watching TV with misses and nice Frigate for Abyssal content, which is pretty fun. Kind of my relax game.

    Mad Max - played it long time ago, but it kept crashing, but got an urge to ay it again and having a lot of fun. It's not a perfect game, but great fun for Mad Max fans and it feels very satisfying. Driving in it feels so rewarding and it's fun upgrading your Rust bucket it to monstrosity!

    Hardspace: shipbreakers. Was waiting to see next update, as it was not updated for a while. Was interested in it, but was afraid it got abandoned. New update came out few days ago and I finally pulled a trigger tonight.
    Played only for an hour and a half, but it is actually pretty damn cool. Still in tutorial phase, but atmosphere with soundtrack makes it kind of relaxed and fun experience, definitely will play more tomorrow!




  • I had a notion about playing Civ 5 again. I had the Civ itch, and Civ 6 just doesn't do it for me.
    I also did a bit of modding, just to add some extra variation. I've played over 2000 hours of it, so I need the sort of fresh take that tweaking some features can bring.

    A favourite of mine is playing a giant mod map of the Earth with accurate start locations for the civs, and settling cities where they are in real life. I also settle foreign cities and then run their names through google translate.:o

    It's very much my version of comfort gaming.




  • Lots of Stellaris, which is in a fantastic state at the moment. Well on my way to conquering the galaxy at the moment, but i think i might just wipe it out eventually.

    Trails of Cold Steel 4 when i'm not playing the above. Love the series, and looking forward to the conclusion of this arc.

    Jedi Fallen Order again as well, and enjoying it after surprisingly not finishing it before.




  • Kiith wrote: »
    Lots of Stellaris, which is in a fantastic state at the moment. Well on my way to conquering the galaxy at the moment, but i think i might just wipe it out eventually.

    Trails of Cold Steel 4 when i'm not playing the above. Love the series, and looking forward to the conclusion of this arc.

    Jedi Fallen Order again as well, and enjoying it after surprisingly not finishing it before.

    Came here to post that I had just gotten into Stellaris. Only started it last night for the first time but was one of those cases where I lost 3 hours in the blink of an eye so will be playing a lot more. Going to delete my save and start again because I find the game isn't great at telling you the consequences of some of your actions (e.g. took some treaty or other to boost research, I didn't realise that used up influence which was my scarcest resource at the time) but it seems awesome anyway. I'd actually picked up a load of the DLC over time for buttons, but never got around to playing it, so I am only missing a couple of them.

    I see you mention the game is in good shape at the moment which is good obviously, and in stark contrast to EUIV which I see the latest DLC is basically causing riots.



    Otherwise, playing TWW2 which I could probably just play endlessly, have been going up through the difficulties over time so playing my first very hard campaign at the moment. Legendary and not being able to save scum might be a step too far for me.


    Finished Divinity OS2 about 2 weeks ago, it's just brilliant. For anyone with a remote interest in RPGs and you haven't played it then play it.




  • I’ll remember to give stellaris a shake. Cannot remember which space 4x I played most recently but I ended up hating it.

    Not Sins though. Always loved Sins of a solar empire. :D bit old at this stage though and been succeeded I’m sure

    edit: It was endless space, I found it boring.




  • I'd say for 5 days in a row I've been trying to get a perfect run of the 2nd level of Ghost Warrior Contracts on Deadeye difficulty. Killing the guy in 5 mins wasn't that hard and there's several ways to approach that in the time limit (and I've probably done most of them now) but playing through the map without alarms is a struggle especially when I'm trying to throttle how much checkpoint wiping I do (sometimes enemies don't respawn before you loot them and its OCD hell)




  • Overheal wrote: »
    edit: It was endless space, I found it boring.

    Yeah I gave Endless Space 2 a quick go and got turned off it pretty quickly. The exact same happened when I played Endless Legend. I love the Civ games and Stellaris whereas the Endless games feel a bit soulless in comparison. I'm only tentatively keeping an eye on Humankind, which is the next big game from the Endless series devs, though it does look interesting.

    I myself have been going through my first ever Witcher 3 playthrough; well, I've gotten as far as Blood and Wine so it's more a playthrough including DLC's. Amazing.

    Also playing the Titanfall 2 campaign for the first time - the gunplay as a pilot is very satisfying!

    Also about to pause my progress so far in Valheim - not going to go near the final boss until the next big update is out. Just to get more out of the game.


  • Advertisement


  • Played about 10 hours of Stellaris over the last couple of days, and am just getting to the point where I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I can build stuff on my planets and build ships and do research and all that but I have absolutely no idea what are good and bad choices. Also have started to get bombarded with diplomacy stuff and again have no idea what I'm doing. Think I need to read up on it a bit or watch a bit of a let's play on YouTube or something. I'm definitely intrigued though.




  • Playing Control from my Humble, got the Ult DLC add while it was still available and cheap. Me and the OH are having a blast, it's given her jumpscares :D though I wish there were a few more powers to meddle with - not that the current slate of powers don't already tax my gaming mouse hotkeys. Is it weird that I was impressed that the game defaulted to gaming mouse button support? But I mean, when you're panicking you're still going to confuse all of your dash/shield/throw buttons anyway :pac: oh my god that refrigerator. Killer rock ballad too from friends of the game's creative head:



    Super catchy, also played over the game in combat it makes things feel quite kinetic.

    You always wish for more games like this. Got plenty of Valve/HL/Portal vibes. I'm not a horror person but this type of science-paranormal 4th wall warping "New Weird" as some wikis call it, is very attractive as an idea to me. They could have very well spent years packing DLC into this game and it would have been canonical and thrilling, but I'm impressed they took a bow and are looking to make the next IP in this continuity the studio has established.




  • dalyboy wrote: »
    Bought a super console x a couple of months ago.
    It plays older style retro consoles. Amiga , cpc 464 , PlayStation 1 , Dreamcast, N64 , SNES , MAME etc etc

    Very far removed from today’s level of technical capabilities however I must say I’m getting a lot of value from my €100 outlay.

    52000 games pre built in.
    2 wireless controllers
    Tiny console the size of two cigarette boxes

    If your into retro you could do worse.

    Did it come with the correct plug?




  • So on top of the games I already playing I decided to give OpenTTD a go and I am 16h+ deep already. I never knew I might enjoy pure transport game.
    I kind of enjoyed trains in Factorio, but in this little gem, I can just go HAM with train systems and its pretty damn fun.

    Kind of trying to find a modern equivalent of this type of game and closest I can find is Transport Fever 2. Just need to wait a sale and pick it up, as I missed it few days ago as I only discovered my interest in these type of games now.




  • After finishing Cyberpunk last week and bouncing of Satisfactory(which is strange as I thought id like it but it feels too grindy or something,also a bit boring.) I decided to give Trackmania a go.

    It has really caught my attention. Over the last few days I tried Trackmania 2 Stadiums,Trackmania 2020 and I've tried Trackmania Turbo on console.

    Once it clicks and you start to see what it's about it gets very addictive. Also been a nice to relax with in the evening after studying for exams during the day

    I reckon ill be sticking with stadiums for now. With a little bit of MP in Turbo on console if I can convince friends. 2020 looks and plays well but not into a subscription model of monetization.




  • EoinHef wrote: »
    After finishing Cyberpunk last week and bouncing of Satisfactory(which is strange as I thought id like it but it feels too grindy or something,also a bit boring.) I decided to give Trackmania a go.

    It has really caught my attention. Over the last few days I tried Trackmania 2 Stadiums,Trackmania 2020 and I've tried Trackmania Turbo on console.

    Once it clicks and you start to see what it's about it gets very addictive. Also been a nice to relax with in the evening after studying for exams during the day

    I reckon ill be sticking with stadiums for now. With a little bit of MP in Turbo on console if I can convince friends. 2020 looks and plays well but not into a subscription model of monetization.

    Ah that depends on your approach. If you craft a lot by hand it's definitely going to feel grindy. Logistics is also another huge issue. Automate things sooner the better, even if its at a slow rate. Right now I think the transition to T8 and T9 is too daunting but before that the game is pretty flowy. The hoverpack definitely takes the grind feel away from a lot of it too.




  • Overheal wrote: »
    I’ll remember to give stellaris a shake. Cannot remember which space 4x I played most recently but I ended up hating it.
    Yeah I gave Endless Space 2 a quick go and got turned off it pretty quickly. The exact same happened when I played Endless Legend. I love the Civ games and Stellaris whereas the Endless games feel a bit soulless in comparison. I'm only tentatively keeping an eye on Humankind, which is the next big game from the Endless series devs, though it does look interesting.

    If you're into Civ type games and sci-fi, maybe give Age of Wonders: Planetfall a look. It's on gamepass, but the race diversity, city design/building is excellent and combat, whilst similar to Endless Legend, is far better than that. The strategic map is really great, I thoroughly enjoyed it, but I will say it's not quite to the Civ level, or Stellaris for that matter. It's definitely worth a shot though.




  • Surprised to find EA Play pass dropped ME Legendary on Day 1. So here we go! #Renegade?




  • Renegade broshep is better than paragon broshep, but both pale in comparison to femshep, as much as I love Mark Meer, particularly renegade femshep. Hale does a stellar job.


  • Advertisement


  • Overheal wrote: »
    Surprised to find EA Play pass dropped ME Legendary on Day 1. So here we go! #Renegade?

    That's EA Play Pro which I'm pretty sure has all their games on day 1, it's not included on the EA Play that comes with Game Pass.


Advertisement