Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80,741 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can't play a game with a crap ending. That's why I never picked back up Mass Effect 2 (I had already put it down because the "Mission Complete!" screen completely discombobulated the sense of immersion Mass Effect 1 had achieved. I completed 1 of these missions for the guy in the chair. That was it. I was done. Apparently I was just the canary for the series too because everyone who bought ME3 was pisssssed lmao).

Also time to give the Homeworld games a replay ahead of Homeworld 3. Halfway through deserts of Kharak. This game was much tougher when I didn't have a fistful of repair cruisers soaking fuktons of dps. Story and the music and the game still slaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just started Deadpool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Got cemu working and playing through Breath of the Wild, runs great.

After playing a ton of elden ring it's a nice change of pace so far.

In the last 2 years I've completed God of War, Cyberpunk 2077, Witcher 3(not finished dlc yet), Mass Effect Legendary Edition and Elden Ring

I'm certainly getting through the classic rpgs these days😅

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Player Manager 22 plus mods to allow transfer any player outside UK that Brexit destroyed and able to manage any team down to level 15 leagues which is insane. I went for Macclesfield FC level 9 league a phoenix club from the previous Macclesfield town FC.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

I'm going to give this a go. I tried it at launch and disliked it. I pretty much play Solo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I normally play solo too and its totally viable apart from dungeons ofcourse.

Make sure you play on fresh start servers the ones with the gold star beside the names.

I rolled on Nyx server a few days after the fresh start servers came online, this came a few days later to help with queues so its a busy server but no queues.

Not sure how much ill play with my fresh start character as my main is decked out in very nice gear.

On general the game is very good but seriously lacks endgame, i only pop on my main every now and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Only reading this now but I ended up starting on the FATE server and have been playing since. The game was reduced by 50% too which was nice. I like it so far, it seems polished and I have found very little bugs. I just completed by first Dungeon getting the Staff working again and it was lots of fun, very different in terms of mob strength from normal. Fingers crossed they bring out some more end game soon. I'm enjoying it so far and its easily worth the 25 euro I paid for it. 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Have played Assassin Creed Valhalla and the DLC to death and im done with it. Have some of the Ireland DLC to complete but I cant muster the interest to go back to it.

Also finished up Death Stranding, OMG, I almost lost the will to live at the ending, I thought it was never going to stop although I was expecting that.

Sort of at a lose now with what to look at next, nothing on Gamepass immediately jumping out at me.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 the_covey

Tunic is a stunning little game, filled with great ideas and some wonderful graphics. It's ball-breakingly difficult at times though so you may want to tone down the difficulty until you get the hang of it. Signalis is brilliant survival horror done the way it's meant to be. If you're looking for more of a point-and-click narrative, then Pentiment is your jam: a detective murder mystery set in the 16th century with a truly unique art style.

• Advertisement

Playing Red Dead 2 again. Still great.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 the_covey

Just finished Pentiment. Wonderful art and a seriously gripping story. Quite a lot of game here too, roughly 15 hours. It can get very wordy at times; some conversations will be just you clicking through walls of text. It's a murder mystery spanning about 25 years, and it's played in three blocks each a few years apart. You get to see the ramifications of your actions as you play, which hugely affect how the future sections play out. It takes place in the 16th century when Martin Luther was publishing his ninety-five theses amid a wave of peasant revolts.

I thought it was an excellent game and well worth it if you're looking for an engrossing narrative with some stunning art.

Got Detroit: Become Human on sale.

Wow that's one hell of a sleeper title. 5/5

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Playing through TMNT Shredder's Revenge via GamePass

• Registered Users Posts: 4,118 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Anyone pick up dwarf fortress on steam? I never played the original due to the graphics but this has me interested. I already played Rimworld which is a user oriented version of DF, where DF is more of a sim I guess.

I tried dwarf fortress for an hour with the bad graphics. Confusing as hell.

Been playing Deathloop this week. Treated myself to a new controller for Christmas and it's been great. So much nicer than the old one. Also bought a bunch of games like Titanfall 2 that I want to play.

Long term plan is definitely Steam Deck so will build up my Steam Library in sales.

I got it 27 hours with it. It certainly passes the time and I'm surviving but I'm often grappling with what's going on. 90% of it is figuring out how it works and there's a lot to figure out.

The game doesn't give much feedback if at all. So I'm struggling to see where I'm going wrong on occasion. I spend just as much time watching YouTube tutorials as I am playing it. Yet when I boot it up, hours will pass easily. I think I'm enjoying it lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

Keplerth is good. Better than Rimworld

Horizon:Zero Dawn, only a few hours in but really enjoying it. Seems to be a brilliant game world so far and looks fantastic.

Playing Elden Ring, eventually made an effort to start it and i can now clearly see why it has won so many awards, phenomenal game so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,982 ✭✭✭KilOit

Sank over 40 hours into V Rising past 6 days, by far the most gaming I've done in years.

Great little game as I'm able to dip into it throughout the day as I'm on a long leave from work

Ive never really gotten into the Dark Souls games, dont know whats kept turning me away it must be the difficulty. Is Elden Ring more of the same really?

I never got into any them either, simply dont have the patience but ER can be approached differently, if you cant kill a boss a mob or whatever you can just go off exploring, killing and leveling up then come back to murder him :)

Its so much more accessible.

It really is a special game, first of the souls game I really got into. I've finished it 5 times at this point.

It actually inspired me to give Dark Souls 3 a proper go, I've had it on steam for a year or two at this point, managed to finish that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭brady12

Took a chance on Deliver us moon before sequel comes out . Have to say I love it !

Anyone reacall immortals fenyx rising given free free at some stage last year, maybe im dreaming. I know I stared it and definitely did not buy but can seem to find it on my systems. I know theres a demo but I though it was given on Epic...

It's been in game pass so maybe started it there?

Don't recall it being free at any point

Gave Elden Ring a rest and jumped into Monster Hunter Rise since its on game pass PC now.

I put in about 1k hours on MH world so this is right up my street, fantastic game.

• Advertisement

Really loving The Ascent at the moment, fantastic cyberpunk visuals and decent gameplay make it easy to get into.

Advertisement