Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

What games have you been playing lately?

1107108109110111113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭ Glebee

Deaths Door: Stuck on the last boss and no matter what I do I cant complete. Hate when that happens...

Edit, being trying it all evening and still no luck. Even watched youtube tips. Just uninstalled in a rage.

Post edited by Glebee on

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,493 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Dcully

I looked forward to lost ark for so long ,enjoyed it for a week or so when released but the gambling of materials to upgrade gear is a joke when you get to high tiers and turned me right off.

Im playing Hell Let Loose as always also enjoying Destiny 2 again, the new expansion is by far the best they have ever made and the endgame is pretty solid too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭ Interested Observer

I had the exact same experience, all the way to the final boss, got absolutely nowhere near killing him, and just stopped. I enjoyed my time with the game but it's a bit of a sour note to end on.

Just started Days Gone, decent game overall but I can see how its going to get repetitive. Was going to playthrough RDR2 again but started this instead. I really dont replay games again once ive finished them

Been playing Days Gone for about a week now and am actually really impressed. Great game and well worth a playthrough. Its defo scratching that RDR2 itch I had.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 21,728 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Kiith

Elden Ring pretty much exclusively. 60 hours in or so, and heading towards the last third of the game. Utterly brilliant for anyone on the fence.

Fancy a Stellaris run through soon as well, and a new DLC is out soon. Might wait a few weeks for the staple mods to be updated though.

Would like to give Sifu another go as well.

Going to go back to play some Ovewrwatch now that 2 is in Beta release, I understood it was a complete new game with more PvE elements than the first game... Is it just a rehash of Overwatch 1 with a few new characters and extra maps? Anyway always like Overwatch, everything was very polished I thought.

Went back to it a few days ago after about two years away, still a very fun game but match wait time for dps is pretty long.

I done the whole watch streams for overwatch 2 beta codes yesterday and got my drop but its not active on my battlenet yet.

SOme people saying it takes a few hours but i claimed mine at about 11pm yesterday so thats quite a few hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,617 ✭✭✭✭ Interested Observer

On a big strategy game buzz at the moment. Played a couple of games of Civ VI, now am about to complete my first game of EU4, and going to try CK3 after that which I put about 15 hours into on release but will be giving it another go now to try properly get into it.

Finished up with Days Gone and really enjoyed it. Great game and well worth a playthrough. Started Salt & Santurary and it's made me realise how much I hate Dark Souls / Metrovania type games. Rage quit and uninstalled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭ Stone Deaf 4evr

Finally Finished Elden Ring last night, after playing it pretty much exclusively since launch, I'm looking forward to rotating between some FPS,

namely, Tarkov, Hunt Showdown, PUBG and Insurgency.

I chickened out of Elden Ring, of the other games your planning to play they are all very good but id Hell let Loose in there , imo its the best fps out there right now.

Im playing V Rising at the moment and is fantastic, newly released on EA but probably the most polished early access game ive played.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,785 ✭✭✭ Stone Deaf 4evr

I'm keen to try hell let loose but I reckon it might be better experienced as a team. Who knows, if I'm feeling froggy, I may just jump in on it.

As for the other FPS I mentioned, I should have clarified that I'm going back to playing them, after taking a break for ER. They've all had a slew of updates while I was away so plenty fresh content to pick over

@Stone Deaf 4evr re: Elden Ring im constantly tempted to pick it up but i wimped out of all the others in the series hence my hesitation but i love well crafted open worlds to explore and enemies to kill with a good feeling of progression just not a the frustration level of the souls games.

re: Hell Let Loose the majority of players on the big clan servers know what they are doing so your always playing as a team more specifically part of a big team but operating withing your squad, its really is a phenomenal experience once you get over the initial learning curve [maybe i should practice what im preaching when it comes to Elden Ring and the souls games :P]

@Glebee re: Days Gone is great, its one i will definitely return to as i was about 15 hours in but got side tracked by something else at the time.

While i never played any of the red dead games RDR2 popped into my head while playing Days Gone as something i should buy [ weird i know as its not as if there are zombies in both] :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle

Gave V Rising a go. Got convinced by a friend. I didn't like the look of it at first at all but its growing on me. Similarities with Valheim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭ EoinHef

Bit of a old game but managed to finally getting around to beating Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

Got the game years ago, had played two hours according to steam but between a session last night and tonight got it finished for a total of 9.2 hrs.

Really enjoyed it,ive recently started to read the 40k books as well so the atmosphere and world building was extra appreciated.

Was looking forward to the sequel anyway but even more so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭ D

Recently got back into Path of Exile and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭ Useful.Idiot

I've been playing FTL and Outer Wilds in parallel. I don't think I'm particularly good at FTL yet but I'm getting further with each run - it's fun! I'm still in the very early part of Outer Wilds where I don't have really have any major idea of what to do; I just have a ton of sporadic bits of minor clues to go off. As the thread of the mystery hasn't really become clear yet it can be demotivating to keep playing, especially when you keep missing jumps under the surface of Brittle Hollow and have to keep doing the loop over again.

I also played Sunless Skies for a wee bit, I really like the setting and the story. The combat gameplay is relatively simple which is maybe why it hasn't held my attention as much as the others above but alongside the others I'm impressed at what small indie games can do with a high quality level of writing.

Would absolutely love to play Elden Ring but its yet another game to add to the list of things I will play once I get an actual decent machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,790 ✭✭✭✭ Ads by Google

Would you like some vague non-spoilerish tips for Outer Wilds? Just things to get you on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 kenneth001

Genshin Impact on my lovely Raiden Shogun🤩

• Advertisement

Played through Borderlands 3 since it was free on Epic a while ago and never did get to play it when it released. Really enjoyable, now onto Trek to Yomi.

Trek to Yomi got boring very quick for me. Finished it off buts its all style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭ Mr Crispy

Advertisement