Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Decided to take a risk on Spacebourne 2.

Initial impressions are not great. Some things it does well but it is awfully jank and a bit buggy.

Might refund and see how it is further down the line. Definitely has potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

At a complete loose end of what to play next so decided on A Plague Tale: Requiem as its on Gamepass and I enjoyed the first. Visually a beautiful looking game but so far its seems very very linear.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Been playing a lot of POE, but think i'm done with it for now. Started a melee character (Flicker Strike), and its a lot of fun on trash, but i pretty much get one shot on every boss. Seems like that's a common issue with melee, and its just not fun.

No idea what to play next to be honest.

Warhammer 40k : Space Marine is currently on sale on Steam. Most likely even cheaper on key sites.

Any one who hasn't played it and is curious about Space Marine 2 could do worse than give it a play through. It's a tad basic by today's standard but does convey the atmosphere of 40k pretty well.

I'm pretty excited for Space Marine 2, I just hope it's a decent launch, this year hasn't gone well so far for some games.

I've been playing Borderlands 3, I feel its a real step up I quality over the first 2, i completed both with some dlc. Breath of fresh air to play a sequel that's just better in every way. Classes feel a tad weak but some of the guns and armaments feel great to use.

In saying that, after moving to TVHM and hitting level 53 I was surprised to learn max level is 72? That seems like a long way away😐

Was thinking i'd buy Diablo 4, but i don't think i can justify spending €70 for the base version of any game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Same here even though arpg`s are some of my most played games.

My time with the beta didnt do much for me if im being honest, ill wait for longterm reviews more interested in endgame than and lore or story.

Its hard to put down Last Epoch.

Burnt out on Last Epoch, have not played in ages. Still playing through A Plague Tale: Requiem, really enjoying it, nearly finish I think.

As much as i cant put it down i can feel the burn out coming.

Might be time to revisit Vrising which by all accounts is great after the big recent update.

Be interested to see how you get on with V-Rising.

Been on my wish list awhile and was going to pull the trigger but I read somewhere that's there's decay to building? I hate that system in any game

• Registered Users Posts: 13,555 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Trying out System Shock 2 (and a little of System Shock 1 enhanced edition) when I picked up both for €1.89 last week... very surprised how good System Shock 2 is... a bit like Half Life in fact

• Advertisement

God of War- Only just started but this is going to be class. Dont remember Kratos being this type of character from when I last played GOW of PS2(i think) many moons ago.

Sorry , i didnt actually get round to it after.

I do agree on decaying building system, although i did hear its toned down somewhat.

I jumped into D4 its really rather excellent.

It is a lot deeper than i realized while playing the beta`s.

I will play it as a longterm game but meanwhile Battlebit Remastered hit steam and i havent enjoyed a first person shooter this much in years.

Gameplay before graphics always has been my gaming motto and these devs totally nailed it.

I cannot stop playing this thing.

For some reason I have found myself playing through Mass Effect Andromeda again🤔

I think I was drawn to it again as last year I completed the original trilogy for the first time via the remasters.

I get all the references now🤣

Game definitely has flaws, pacing being one, poor story telling in places. I feel way less quests but each one being higher quality would have been a better way to go.

I do feel the combat in this game was the basis for Anthem, in fact a lot of the ideas in Amthem had their genesis here imo.

I'll finish the main quest just to see it through and move onto something else, it's scratched an itch for a shooter rpg for now

System Shock 2 is one of the best games i've ever played. Proper scary at times, with great gameplay (still holds up) and a really interesting story.

Also, has the best villian of all time.

Back playing a heavily modified Rimworld. Cracking little game, and the mods add so much to it.

Just finished up with God of War, really enjoyed that. No idea what to get stuck into next... The Last of Us was on my list but the reviews have been poor I think. No idea, would love to go back and play RDR2 again but when ever I start a playthrough I get a few hours in and just end up uninstalling.

Yeah ive tried get into RDR2 numerous times each time its just a snoozefest and i uninstall.

Dont get me wrong, i loved RDR2 when I played it originally, granted at the time I thought it went on forever. Its the game world thats fantastic.

Picked up V-Rising during the Steam summer sale.

Got around to giving it a try tonight. Not what I expected really, not in a bad way just an unusual mix of genres.

I was expecting slightly more ARPG from the start but there looks to be a decent amount of progression to get there.

Started a game with the standard PvE ruleset and ye, I reckon in single player at least I'll be playing with custom settings. Got copper weapons but then I just thought I ain't got that much time🥱

I'll start again with custom settings now that I have a much better handle on what matters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

Each to their own, it is a huge game but there are parts of the game which end up pretty pointless but you have to see it through to the end. (spoiler alert) the robot is a total kick in the balls but it's the way the designers hooked you in thats genius, it's the same as they did in GTAV and Trevors mum. 2 hours maybe less for fck all!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭niallpatrick

Terminator resistance, it was cheap £18 or thereabouts Via steam and I know graphics alone don't make a game good but I bought it on a whim, after all in this day and age of max power=23.7 FPS more I just thought screw it, the overall consensus is mostly positive so I can't lose. Unreal engine it looks like it was done by soon to be defunct indie devs. Nothing against unreal engine or indy devs but with a name like 'terminator' I expected a more suitable engine rather than one using basic models and voice actors.

It looks like it might have been a VR project that was sidelined for a quick release. All across the board on my rig the settings were automatically set to high, I turned off motion blur and film grain and it still looks like ****. However thats not a fair judgement I've only played it for roughly 2 hours, the detail is in the game play and I'm not overwhelmed yet. It's kinda like rage and dying light with shittier graphics. I'm not feeling the love.

For the first time in a very long time im at a complete loss what to play next.. Stumped, have tried a few souls like games (wo long, Nioh,) over the past week and have uninstalled almost immediately. Think i might take a chance on Hogwarts Legacy, reviews seem decent.

Finally found something, Gears of War 4, decent game but very linear and short.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

They improved on that in 5. It is semi open world.

Restarted Red Dead Redemption 2, may god this game is a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭tech

Commander Keen and Wolf 3d!

Been playing more V Rising and I have to say its a bit tedious in single player even with custom settings.

I started a character on a PvE server in the hopes interacting with other players will help but I'll have to see.

Yep same here, i decided it try using recommended settings posted on reddit for a more chilled less grindy experience but i too found it tedious even with less of a grind and materials requirements etc.

The combat and hunting down targets is great but build this to build that to make the other rinse repeat gets very tedious.

• Advertisement

Yeah its a shame, in fairness I didn't do enough research as I didn't want to spoil the game too much.

I thought it was an ARPG with elements of building and crafting but there is actually a huge emphasis on building and resource farming for progression.

Got it on sale so no big deal, I'll check in with it every now and then and see how it's getting on as it definitely has potential.

Advertisement