Advertisement
How to add spoiler tags, edit posts, add images etc. How to - a user's guide to the new version of Boards
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Just started Death Stranding. Cheap on Epic with 10euro off ticket so said id delay Days Gone . Bad sh1t crazy so far as I expected but its a lovely looking game..

• Knockout city? Getting rave reviews but I don't think it looks great

• Trying to get into Crusader Kings 3. Ireland is the tutorial so played some of that, got most of the island under my control, but then once my main dude died and my son took over everything went to complete ****. Am going to restart a few times until I get the hang of it but it's very good.

• Playing "pine" which I got free on epic game store. Have a pile of games on that that i haven't installed.

Pretty decent, bit clunky and is short. I expect I will get about a week out of it before it is finished, but I am enjoying it. 5 different species who are all out in the world harvesting stuff, so alot of the stuff you come across has already been collected. Each species has a relationship with each of the others (including you) ranging from "kill on sight" to allied. And each has a dynamic economy so different species can get stronger or weaker depending on how successful they are versus each other and harvesting resources, you can influence their sucess as well as your relationship with them.

Having said that the world is much more complex than the actual gameplay, which is run around looking for resources (or killing other species to steal them), manage your relationship with the various species (you need to make friends with different species at different points in the game progress and becoming friendly with one will damage relationship with others), solving obstacle course like puzzles and crafting gear/items to influence the progress of other species.

• Back playing Apex legends. It's still a mighty game, and they've added 3 vs 3 arenas which is a nice change.

There's currently an event on at the moment, with some nice skins to unlock etc.

• Advertisement

• Playing Days Gone and finding it a really immersive and enjoyable experience.

• Dcully wrote: »
    Playing Days Gone and finding it a really immersive and enjoyable experience.

Played the start of it and found it really clunky on the keyboard and mouse.

• Eve online - still playing it passively. Not even playing everyday, just popping in, when I feel like it. The whole training of skills while offline is the best.

Titans of Industry - kept an eye on it for long time and with 10eu voucher from Epic, I decided to pick it up. It has a good track record of developers working on game and each month adding more content and fixes. Its actually really fun game and a bit different to other management sims. The only thing I don't like about is ship battles and that you can't save your ship layouts so you can just copy it and keep producing them. The soundtrack on the other hand is freaking amazing.

Hardspace: Shipbreaker - got more in to it and unlocked more complex ships. Its a lot of fun and something very fresh gaming experience.

Transport fever 2 - after playing OpenTTD I discovered that I love Transport management games! A specially trains! Was waiting for this to go on sale and it finally did. Already lost a good few hours on campaign learning the ropes. Really loving it.

• I'm laughing my way through The Dungeon Of Naheulbeuk: The Amulet Of Chaos. Easy-going, slick RPG with great x-com type combat. The Elf character cracks me up every time, especially when you open the map. DLC just got released too.

• uplay+ had an offer for me yesterday with a 6euro for a month over so resubbed. Wanted to completed Assassins Creed Odyssey as was nearly there at about 85% complete. Had to give up with it, so may crashes. Previously I dont remember it crashing as all. Going to just dive into AC: Valhalla for the next few weeks until sub runs out.

• Advertisement

• playing WoW TBC classic and having an absolute blast. such a good game.

• Played a bit of San Andreas this evening. Man games have come a long way controls wise. It's mad shooting cops and running off and cars last pissing length before they catch on fire and blow up. Try to leave the starting city and cops come down on you real hard. It's still good fun driving around and shooting people but I don't think I will play the game properly as the controls are just too bad.

Last time I played this game properly was on the original Xbox.

• Even now Rockstar are quite far behind the pack when it comes to controls. Red Dead 2, while a masterpiece, was a ****-show in terms of controls. It is just clunky and unintuitive.

It's bizarre for a studio with their resources. I have a feeling they are inclined to lean toward 'their' control style for consistency instead of an overhaul that might be jarring for seasoned players for a while.

I really wish they would just bite the bullet and overhaul it on the next release because it really does take the shine off and bring unnecessary frustration to what are otherwise brilliant games.

• Playing Days Gone, which I really like. I hope they make more DLC for it. Have Solasta waiting for me, I played the first five levels as part of Early Access and enjoyed it as a much simpler BG3.

• Even now Rockstar are quite far behind the pack when it comes to controls. Red Dead 2, while a masterpiece, was a ****-show in terms of controls. It is just clunky and unintuitive.

It's bizarre for a studio with their resources. I have a feeling they are inclined to lean toward 'their' control style for consistency instead of an overhaul that might be jarring for seasoned players for a while.

I really wish they would just bite the bullet and overhaul it on the next release because it really does take the shine off and bring unnecessary frustration to what are otherwise brilliant games.

Red Dead R2 controls are miles ahead of GTA San Andreas. Your looking at someone and click aim and the gun aims at some one behind you usually one of your own gang members. I played a bit of vice city 2 or 3 years ago and that is even worse again.

• Never mind San Andreas, RDR2 was a massive improvement over GTAV for controls both shooting and movement.

In GTAV you'd get caught on doors or while moving through any confined space, Red Dead never felt like that. Anyone remember chasing the kid in RDR2 in Saint Dennis, if that had been GTA you'd never been able to get through it without getting caught on everything. Any kind of precision movement whether in a confined space or narrow walkways or at heights you'd either get stuck or fall off if it was GTAV. Trying to get down ladders or across ship gangways in GTA was a dice roll.

Shooting was just as much an improvement, you'd actually hit what you wanted to hit in RDR2. Controller or mouse there was a vast improvement. First person mouse controls in GTAV were extremely archaic.

• Was enjoying APEX legends until out of nowhere I got banned. Contacted support and it must be automated or something, was told they are upholding their ban.

Then you see tweets like this:

https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1407746617512534017/photo/1

Some shower of useless cnuts.

• Varik wrote: »
    Never mind San Andreas, RDR2 was a massive improvement over GTAV for controls both shooting and movement.

In GTAV you'd get caught on doors or while moving through any confined space, Red Dead never felt like that. Anyone remember chasing the kid in RDR2 in Saint Dennis, if that had been GTA you'd never been able to get through it without getting caught on everything. Any kind of precision movement whether in a confined space or narrow walkways or at heights you'd either get stuck or fall off if it was GTAV. Trying to get down ladders or across ship gangways in GTA was a dice roll.

Shooting was just as much an improvement, you'd actually hit what you wanted to hit in RDR2. Controller or mouse there was a vast improvement. First person mouse controls in GTAV were extremely archaic.

I agree with you. I though RDR2 had great controls. GTA V wasn't too bad though but like you said you had to walk up really slow to a ladder to go down correctly. Walk up to it quickly and you would drop to your death if up a bit highish.

• Was enjoying APEX legends until out of nowhere I got banned. Contacted support and it must be automated or something, was told they are upholding their ban.

Then you see tweets like this:

https://twitter.com/alphaINTEL/status/1407746617512534017/photo/1

Some shower of useless cnuts.

Looks like that's sorted now.

https://twitter.com/Respawn/status/1407830396281229312

• Was playing alot of Apex up until a few weeks ago when I just stopped. Its a great game, must get back into it. Started Death Stranding for a few hours and just stopped. Its too bad sh1t crazy even for a video game. Playing Assassins Creed: Valhalla at the moment. More of the same really following on from Odyssey.

• Advertisement

• Playing CyberPunk finally, after dropping it an hour or so after launch. Really enjoying it so far. Story has been interesting so far, and i like the combat for the most part, once i find the right type of guns.

• Kiith wrote: »

I was banned last week, I've appealed it everyday since, they just say they will not revoke the ban. Same canned message. Then you see stuff like this tweet and realize nobody there has a clue.

• For many years I've been tip-toeing around all the 'Souls' games other than maybe attempting to play Demon's Souls a couple of times in college but finally getting my teeth into Dark Souls: Remastered and can't get enough of it really. Very few games hold my attention these days but DS has dug its claws in. The feeling you get when finally beating a boss is rarely encountered in other games. I also have DS3 waiting in my steam library too. Bloodborne looks great; looking forward to it appearing on PC at some stage.

Myself and my brothers have parked our biweekly Valheim sessions in anticipation of more content and we've been doing a D:OS2 play-through now instead. We're playing on classic difficulty and have been breezing through pretty much all the battles in the game so far so our party make-up must be pretty solid compared to my own solo play-through of the game, where I struggled A LOT more. Though we've gotten to the battle against Mordus and we've been wiped out twice so time for a more meticulously planned battle.

• Although i dip in and out of most Battlefield games constantly i seem to be staying longterm with BF4 , as we know players are flocking to the game thanks to BF2042 hype with EA even adding many more servers.
    It has to be said its not just hype, the game is simply phenomenal and was well before its time.
    Yes it took DICE LA two years to fix the netcode but its still a fantastic experience today which in itself speaks volumes about lack of quality multiplayer FPS games the last number of years.

• I loved BF4 and stopped playing when Hardline \ BF5 came out. I wonder do I still have all my medals...;)

I might try it again too.

• Do it! all progress is saved.

• Going old school point and click. Picked up the Broken Sword games 1-3 in the steam sale.

• 65 GB download then I'm back in the BF4 Game! Purchased a month of Xbox Game pass and it's included as part of that, which is pretty sweet.

• Came back to work so my gaming time got slashed by a lot.

After work if I still have energy I play MHW on xbox ( I know its a pc forum hehe )

On days off I am still playing Transport Fever 2. 55h in and I am done with Campaign. So started my first Free play map yesterday. Love it.

Creeper World 4 - had this on my wishlist for ages and decided to try out demo yesterday. After finishing it, I bought full game. Its very good and a bit relaxing.

• Advertisement

• Oxygen not included. What a fantastic colony sim game. Go check it out.

Advertisement