Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

• 23-06-2015 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Fairly self explanatory post, what have you been playing and how are you enjoying it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Weird. I was thinking of starting a thread like this only this morning. Then I was distracted by a rasher sandwich.

Anyway, I'm limiting myself to low-demand titles at the moment, so that I can play some of the big AAA titles when I build my new pc in a couple of months. To be more precise, I'm mainly playing Invisible Inc. and I love it! Great tactical gameplay, nice art style and pure stealth mechanics. Recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,422 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cities Skylines and Borderlands Pre-Sequel Claptrap DLC (both from Steam sale).

Playing some stuff on other consoles (outside the scope of this thread) :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Raceroom Racing Experience has been on the top of my list after getting a Logitech G27. If you have a steering wheel you have to try that game :D
    Couldnt find a game that matches the feedback that game gives to the steering wheel, projects cars, grid ac all have meh feedback compared to RRE.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Raceroom Racing Experience has been on the top of my list after getting a Logitech G27. If you have a steering wheel you have to try that game :D
    Couldnt find a game that matches the feedback that game gives to the steering wheel, projects cars, grid ac all have meh feedback compared to RRE.

Assetto Corsa and stock car extreme both have superior force feedback and physics, but RR is a decent sim all the same.

Didn't like ac at all. Might have the physics but not the feel :) also took me over an hour to launch the bloody game as it thought that my 3d TV was 2 monitors.

• Advertisement

Didn't like ac at all. Might have the physics but not the feel :) also took me over an hour to launch the bloody game as it thought that my 3d TV was 2 monitors.

Your setting your g27 up wrong if you think it doesn't have " the feel " ,have you used the recommended settings ? Each SIM requires different settings for your wheel or you will feel nothing or completely inaccurate ffb.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Finished the Witcher 3 after 98 hours at the weekend, and really didn't know what to do with myself for a little while :P

Quickly recovered though, and have been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and Football Manager 2015. Throw in some Arkham Knight now, and i've all my gaming needs covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Arkham City, BioShock and Chivalry, with a little Civ V here and there

Kinda just okay whatever I feel like these days

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Wolfenstein The Old Blood at home and an XCom Long War run at lunch in work :D

Dcully wrote: »
    Your setting your g27 up wrong if you think it doesn't have " the feel " ,have you used the recommended settings ? Each SIM requires different settings for your wheel or you will feel nothing or completely inaccurate ffb.

To be fair, after having to arse around for ages with actually trying to get the game to work, I got into a race, I did a couple of laps in it, didn't like it and went and asked for a refund on steam. It was just too much of a hassle of as a game.

I had to do no configuration for RRE. It just worked and feedback from car/road/speed/slip/transfer worked perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Been playing The Evil Within, but restarted chapter 4 because I missed some stuff, and apparently instead of running the **** away, you can fight creepy long haired spider lady. I tried several times, but she instagibs me as soon as she gets close.

Gave Valkyria Chronicles a quick go too, seems fun

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Bootin' up some super hexagon, and just installed Metro LL but dropped it when a friend asked me to join him on Ark. Was getting set up for Fallout 1 but got distracted by the other games :rolleyes:

Passed a 1000 hours on csgo. Oh dear.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Magicka 2 on LAN with a friend is great fun. Shorter than I might have liked but it's hard to beat waves of magical destruction and fake fantasy Swedish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

Been playing Grid Autosport, Skyrim, Hitman: Absolution, Shadow of Mordor and Cities Skylines over the past week, I've been sick so had loads of time. Cities is a blackhole that sucks you in and destroys an entire day without you even noticing!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭ gizmo

Fallout 1 at home. All the Fallout 4 buzz made me want to go back to where it all started. There's also the whole Batman being ****ed thing stopping me from getting that in the meantime. :o

Heroes of the Storm in work at lunch. My first MOBA and I have to say, I'm quite enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

To be fair, after having to arse around for ages with actually trying to get the game to work, I got into a race, I did a couple of laps in it, didn't like it and went and asked for a refund on steam. It was just too much of a hassle of as a game.
    that's od, I didn't need to do any major setup. It's unfortunate, AC really does have the best physics and FFB, I don't know what went wrong for you.

I got Assassin's Creed Unity recently, I've found it pretty enjoyable, the game mechanics are much improved on the previous versions. Still not mad about it though, I haven't really gotten mad into an AC game since the second one. Don't think I'll continue with the series, the more modern the setting gets the less interest I seem to have in it.

Been playing Dirt rally since the FFB update and it's good fun too. The FFB finally gives some feedback so I can get some idea what the car is doing.

As always a week doesn't go by without spending time in AC, it's by far and away the most fun I've had in any game. Went past 500 hours in it last week. Looking at my play time in other games I haven't put more than 30 hours into any other game.

Assetto Corsa
    Stock Car Extreme
    Dirt Rally
    Heroes of the storm
    Played some plants v zombies garden warfare too, forgot how fun that is.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Kiith wrote: »
    Finished the Witcher 3 after 98 hours at the weekend, and really didn't know what to do with myself for a little while :P

Quickly recovered though, and have been playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and Football Manager 2015. Throw in some Arkham Knight now, and i've all my gaming needs covered.

Mass Effect, Homeworld, and playing SWTOR and FM2015 lately as well?

You're a man after my own heart Kiith.:o
    Dcully wrote: »
    Assetto Corsa and stock car extreme both have superior force feedback and physics, but RR is a decent sim all the same.

I've always missed the days of playing Gran Turismo 3 on the PS2.

I liked the career-mode element to it of buying, selling and upgrading cars as much as anything.

Is AC purely a sim or does it have those sorts of progression mechanics as well?

I'm a bit between games at the moment.

I'm itching to get at Witcher 3 but I'm halfway through a hardware upgrade and with a new GPU, Windows 10 on the horizon, no space on my drives, I don't really know what to do with myself.:P

So many games I'm waiting to play as prettily as possible - Wolfenstein, Tome Raider 2013, Witcher 3, Metro, Deus Ex:Human Resources, Grey Goo, Dishonoured.

I've been trying to play through the SC2 campaign again recently and I had a hankering for some Heroes of Might and Magic as well so I picked up VI in the sale.
    The latter scratched the itch a bit, but it just doesn't quite seem to have the magic of 2,3 and 5.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Started playing Resident Evil remaster, restarted it after encountering the issue with using Chris, stopped to play Splatoon so now have to start back into RE

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Started playing Resident Evil remaster, restarted it after encountering the issue with using Chris, stopped to play Splatoon so now have to start back into RE

Finished that when the remastered version came out. Great game to re visit. Can't wait for RE2 and 3 remastered. I think they were the highlights and best of RE franchise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Hmm, I had been eyeballing Resident Evil 4 in the sale myself, apparently it's quite decent?
    Links234 wrote: »
    apparently instead of running the **** away, you can fight creepy long haired spider lady. I tried several times, but she instagibs me as soon as she gets close.

****ing killed her (for now!) :D

About a hundred deaths mind you, but I did it. Feeling all proud of myself :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Struggling tru mass effect 3, its really not a very good game.

Its actually annoying me but I must finish it!

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Struggling tru mass effect 3, its really not a very good game.

Its actually annoying me but I must finish it!

Massively overrated series. The combat is s chore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I'm all over the place with my gaming since I mostly play my PC games during the week and my consoles at the weekend (I'm at the girlfriend's then)

I actually played all of these over the course of the past 2 weeks - I can't seem to sit still with one;

PC;
    Cities: Skylines
    South Park: The Stick of Truth (finished today)
    LEGO Jurassic World (just bought today)
    Football Manager 2015
    Rollercoaster Tycoon
    Bioshock
    Wasteland 2
    Fallout 3
    Fallout New Vegas

Console;
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection
    FIFA 15
    Mass Effect (via the Xbox One)
    Toy Soldiers 1 & 2 (via the Xbox One)

I'm a happy gamer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Internet Friend

RE4 is pretty good imo, does the over the shoulder view really well, decent replay value too and it was before the story went completely off the wall!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I picked up FFXIII on Steam a while back and kicked it off this week. Only about 5 hours in but very much enjoying it so far.

I also recalled buying the little gem that is Gunpoint in a previous sale. Fired it up for 15 mins last night and switched it off about 90 minutes later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Massively overrated series. The combat is s chore.

You need to put the effort in to get the most out of combat.

If you try to be efficient you'll just sit behind cover and shoot things in the face.

Soldier and Infiltrator are incredibly easy and boring.
    Playing Vanguard or Adept massively helps.

You just turn into this wheel of destruction, pausing mid-carnage briefly to choose your next target, before roaring after them and either punching or blasting them in the face.

Getting a biotic explosion to go off and blasting a bunch of cannon fodder across the map has to be one of the most satisfying "thuds" in gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Domonator

Ark Survival Evolved mostly. Although I have started playing the Dayz Standalone again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I was playing Borderland the pre-sequel and beat it earlier today. I then moved on to the DLC claptastic adventure(Haven't really got into that DLC yet) I played a bit of South Park the stick of truth today and stopped after about 40 mins didn't really suck me in(I will go back to it at some stage)

I also played one or two quick matches of Battlefield 4 TDM.

Advertisement