Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

What games have you been playing lately?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Bit of a old game but managed to finally getting around to beating Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

Got the game years ago, had played two hours according to steam but between a session last night and tonight got it finished for a total of 9.2 hrs.

Really enjoyed it,ive recently started to read the 40k books as well so the atmosphere and world building was extra appreciated.

Was looking forward to the sequel anyway but even more so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

Recently got back into Path of Exile and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I've been playing FTL and Outer Wilds in parallel. I don't think I'm particularly good at FTL yet but I'm getting further with each run - it's fun! I'm still in the very early part of Outer Wilds where I don't have really have any major idea of what to do; I just have a ton of sporadic bits of minor clues to go off. As the thread of the mystery hasn't really become clear yet it can be demotivating to keep playing, especially when you keep missing jumps under the surface of Brittle Hollow and have to keep doing the loop over again.

I also played Sunless Skies for a wee bit, I really like the setting and the story. The combat gameplay is relatively simple which is maybe why it hasn't held my attention as much as the others above but alongside the others I'm impressed at what small indie games can do with a high quality level of writing.

Would absolutely love to play Elden Ring but its yet another game to add to the list of things I will play once I get an actual decent machine.

Would you like some vague non-spoilerish tips for Outer Wilds? Just things to get you on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭Glebee

Played through Borderlands 3 since it was free on Epic a while ago and never did get to play it when it released. Really enjoyable, now onto Trek to Yomi.

• Advertisement

Trek to Yomi got boring very quick for me. Finished it off buts its all style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,550 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 28,713 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Once again keeping up with the latest games, I started playing Halo CE for the first time.

Captain of Industry is really good for anyone who likes city builders with a bit of automation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Outriders

Been playing it on and off when I've had game pass, managed to go from lvl 17 to 29 yesterday (covid has me shut in so....)in one session. Got matched with a random who had the same idea and we plowed through the whole campaign and managed to finish it.

The lack of more abilities was starting to make it feel a tad stale at the end though.

Gonna hit level 30 and dip toe in end game and see what it's like.

Not a bad game, not a great game either but I do enjoy shooters and the abilities are decent, just need more of them.

I've also started the MCC on gamepass but finding Halo 1 a bit tough, bit like the remastered Mass Effect 1, there good remasters in a sense but the gameplay is just so outdated at this point they can feel a bit of a slog

• Advertisement
  • Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Still sinking my teeth into "Monster Hunter Rise" and the "Sunbreak" expansion. Both MH:World and MH:Rise have each squeezed over a thousand hours out of me -- which is funny, because when MHW was recommended to me in a thread from years ago (shortly after its release), I recall seeing trailers and thinking... "Eh, not for me".

Great games.

If you like blending arcade fighting-game style with Dark Souls'esque combat (re. dodge rolling, i-frames, block/parry, weapons and armor with their own skills, etc), then it's worth checking out if you're not familiar with them, especially if you enjoy a bit of grinding from time to time.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,681 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I spent a silly amount of time in MHW and its expansion but i passed on MH rise so far which is a surprise to me but talk of endgame not being of the MHW standard put me off, not sure how accurate that is or not at this stage and since sunbreak release?

Ive been playing Outriders expansion Worldslayer for my loot grind fix.

Other than that Hell let Loose as always :)

Im planning to get into way of the hunter this week after its release today, i enjoyed call of the wild but its a very arcadey experience compared to way of the hunter which has gone the sim route so it should be is right up my street.

No i dont like hunting irl but its a game and its a lot of fun with insane graphics and huge world to get stuck into.

Went back to see could I finish Death Stranding. Still cant make up mind if it's just completely bonkers or an absolute masterpiece.. about half way through but I'm going to stick it out to the end this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 knobtasticus

This is exactly what I was going to ask. Now that it's hit GamePass for PC I was going to give it a whirl. Is it really just a pretty walking simulator or is it worth my time?

Im really between minds on Death Stranding, looks lovely but the story line is just mental. First game in a long time that I just cant tell if its style over substance. Ive put a good few hours in and its definitely worth a spin if you have gamepass. If it does not click after a few hours its probably not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

I forgot I have this I only played it for an hour ages ago. Will install it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

ΔV: Rings of Saturn

https://store.steampowered.com/app/846030/V_Rings_of_Saturn/

Great Indie physics-based mining sim

-42% 8,19€

4,75€ at the moment worth every penny

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

To be fair, Rise was initially designed for the Switch, so it was destined to be at least somewhat smaller than World. Having said that, I have 860+ hours in Rise (and 1065+ in World) - and Rise has only just started adding its post-expansion event cycle, whereas World is 100% complete and finished. I have every single thing ticked in World, and by the time I do the same for Rise (which will be fed content for the foreseeable future), Rise might actually squeeze more hours out of me in the end.

Is the end-game as involved compared to World? Yes and No. World has Guiding Lands, whereas Rise presently has the A1 Mutations. You can dig into randomly generated missions involving the mutated monsters, earning currency to avail of the gear-upgrade customizations, so the grind is there, but it's not quite the same as influencing a regional map.

It all depends on your definition of 'end-game'. Either way, it was an extremely worthwhile purchase.

Aside from a slight graphical quality dip between World and Rise - to me, Rise is just an alternative version of World. Plenty of differences, but I enjoy them both in exactly the same way - and they will eat tonnes of hours if you let them.

As someone who almost exclusively plays HBG and LBG, I had a lot of fun learning some melee weapons before Sunbreak hit. Just, er, try to stomach the excessive memes.

I never really clicked with the melee weapons at all, i have always disliked button combo gameplay in pretty much any game ive played.

I can only imagine the hours i would have spent if i did enjoy melee :P

The Gunlance however i did enjoy , maybe it was the slower combo pacing for an ould lad like myself.

Cool video :) what was that tune @ around the 2:30 mark? BF2 maybe?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Playing a **** ton of Rimworld at the moment, and loving it with some of the mods i've plugged into it.

• Advertisement

Same... any mods in particular? My only issue with it is how much time it consumes !

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,984 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

All the Vanilla Expanded ones anyway, along with Empire (though i think this is disabled on my current run), Rimwar, GiddyUp and about 40 more.

I have found a few others i'd like to try, like Combat Expanded, Rimworld of Magic etc... and will try them on later runs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WesleySummers

Witcher 3 for the third time: have yet to complete Blood and Wine. Looking to 100% it.

Diablo 2: New ladder on bnet

Natural Selection 2 + Fall Guys: Some festive mayhem with the gf 

Back playing New World ,so good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 WesleySummers

Looking for where to download premium apps and new games? Search "TechZApk" on Google and enjoy! All is free!

Interesting. I played it at launch. Only got to level 50 or so. Enjoyed it up till then but dropped it. What's changed?

Literally everything has been absolutely transformed.

Some big ones :

Cost of fast travel massively massively cheaper now, lots more fast travel points plus azoth drops everywhere.

No more keys to run Dungeons/Expeditions run as often as you like, its so so much better.

Endgame is pretty nice now too with the new Gypsum and expertise/gearscore system.

I quit 4-5 weeks after launch and never went back until 2 weeks ago.

There is a massive free update coming next month currently in PTR called Brimstone, whole new continent amongst so much more too, its practically an expansion.

There are even fresh start servers coming online because they whole leveling epxerience has changed dramatically.

Some vids to learn a bit more.

The Lazy Peon made a good vid the other day ,very good watch.

These vids sum up whats changed.

AC:Valhalla.

Really loving this at the moment. Have about 70 hours ploughed in and have not completed main story line yet. Have not touched any DLC either. Loving the game world that they have created here, has a very Witchery feel to it in some areas imo. Going to stick with this for the next while and get through main story and DLC

• Registered Users Posts: 80,740 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Ace Combat 7.

I got out of consoles a long time ago so I never played 6, or Zero, etc. and AFAIK 7 is the first one to land on PC.

I probably waited too long. I thought the game looked too good to run on my old rig but frankly it's pretty well optimized, unreal engine stuff.

It's kind of amazing how Project Aces pretty much just 'nailed' the source code for the game itself way back in the first or 2nd game, all they seemingly do between iterations is make new maps and higher resolution models, and new missions and narratives expand on their fictional universe with Osea, Erusea, Belka and Yuktobania, etc., and different ways to skill up or unlock new things. The actual mechanics of the game world itself, aside from adding new planes and weapons, hasn't really changed much of a damn in decades, the HUD is the *exact same* a lot of the voice cast is the exact same too lol. But I gotta say it's just damn fun to play. The fiance has taken the controller off me a few times to crash and burn. I'm also happy with some of the callbacks I was seeing to previous games - eg. attacking a base with a Mass Driver I once had to defend in AC5, the Stonehenge superweapon from AC4, etc.

• Advertisement

Done with AC:Valhalla, once more a completely sh1te ending after I enjoyed most of the game. Why do all all AC games such poor endings apart from Black Flag which was epic.

Advertisement