Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

What games have you been playing lately?

1104105106107108110»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭ EoinHef

Bit of a old game but managed to finally getting around to beating Warhammer 40k Space Marine.

Got the game years ago, had played two hours according to steam but between a session last night and tonight got it finished for a total of 9.2 hrs.

Really enjoyed it,ive recently started to read the 40k books as well so the atmosphere and world building was extra appreciated.

Was looking forward to the sequel anyway but even more so now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭ D

Recently got back into Path of Exile and really enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭ Useful.Idiot

I've been playing FTL and Outer Wilds in parallel. I don't think I'm particularly good at FTL yet but I'm getting further with each run - it's fun! I'm still in the very early part of Outer Wilds where I don't have really have any major idea of what to do; I just have a ton of sporadic bits of minor clues to go off. As the thread of the mystery hasn't really become clear yet it can be demotivating to keep playing, especially when you keep missing jumps under the surface of Brittle Hollow and have to keep doing the loop over again.

I also played Sunless Skies for a wee bit, I really like the setting and the story. The combat gameplay is relatively simple which is maybe why it hasn't held my attention as much as the others above but alongside the others I'm impressed at what small indie games can do with a high quality level of writing.

Would absolutely love to play Elden Ring but its yet another game to add to the list of things I will play once I get an actual decent machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,827 ✭✭✭✭ Ads by Google

Would you like some vague non-spoilerish tips for Outer Wilds? Just things to get you on track?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭ Glebee

Played through Borderlands 3 since it was free on Epic a while ago and never did get to play it when it released. Really enjoyable, now onto Trek to Yomi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,499 ✭✭✭ Glebee

Trek to Yomi got boring very quick for me. Finished it off buts its all style over substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭ Mr Crispy

• Registered Users Posts: 26,230 ✭✭✭✭ CastorTroy

Once again keeping up with the latest games, I started playing Halo CE for the first time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,490 ✭✭✭✭ partyjungle

Captain of Industry is really good for anyone who likes city builders with a bit of automation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭ EoinHef

Outriders

Been playing it on and off when I've had game pass, managed to go from lvl 17 to 29 yesterday (covid has me shut in so....)in one session. Got matched with a random who had the same idea and we plowed through the whole campaign and managed to finish it.

The lack of more abilities was starting to make it feel a tad stale at the end though.

Gonna hit level 30 and dip toe in end game and see what it's like.

Not a bad game, not a great game either but I do enjoy shooters and the abilities are decent, just need more of them.

I've also started the MCC on gamepass but finding Halo 1 a bit tough, bit like the remastered Mass Effect 1, there good remasters in a sense but the gameplay is just so outdated at this point they can feel a bit of a slog

• Advertisement
Advertisement